Diadem Forums

[12.08.22] What happened in the 24 hours before Eunjung was dropped from "Five Fingers?"

kkyc222

they are attacking t-ara because they are claiming them of being bullies but who are really the bigger bullies huh, SBS /SPONSORS?.. eunjung deserves some respect even in the midst of this controversies.. the real evil should be the one to be punished and not the innocent ones..

I don't get it. Their scandal happened almost a month ago so why couldn't they drop her earlier if they were that concerned about the backlash.

Yep.That is why people feel angry towards SBS and the sponsorship.I feel like they manipulate Eunjung for the sake of this drama.She sacrificed so much for this drama.Took piano lessons,bought a piano,practicing her lines like crazy,even willing to sacrificed MBC's We Got Married,went to a press conference,trying hella hard to hold back her tears and suddenly BAM! she got booted off - in a blink of an eye.

The worst thing is not only the PDs didn't informed Eunjung nor CCM,but they even made false report and told the medias saying that Eunjung voluntarily pulled herself out of the drama.Oh and,a few days after the controversy occurred,they said "we cast Ham Eunjung,not T-ara.The controversy has nothing to do with our drama" but they didn't keep their word.

It's a rare sight to see an actor/actress got kicked off from a drama AFTER they attended a press conference.I feel sorry for her.She went and faced all of these for nothing.

Yee hee hee. Not to credit allkpop with too much, but in their reporting over the Eunjung-SBS/Yein thing ("the producers speak out..."), there's some common tropes between that and the Hwayoung contract termination. Most notably (or perhaps only?) is the part where the Yein company, or SBS, says that they thought that staying silent about the whole thing would be the best way to accommodate Eunjung in the aftermath of her dismissal. Also, the little threat about legal action seems familiar to Mr. Kim's own statements before, just because both sounded like empty threats (whatever happened to those lawsuits against media outlets anyway?).

Also, referring to staff members being a part of the decision, though at least the Yein people don't claim that they were bowing to pressure from the staff members like Mr. Kim did. However, right at the end they do say that her removal was (at least in part) out of consideration for the other staff, acting, support and production-wise.

Relatively good play on their part by calling out CCM, though, saying they have no trust in them, pointing out their inaction with regards to quelling the rumors and quieting the waters, and for (allegedly) being behind certain claims about the reasons behind Eunjung's dismissal - oh, and for claiming that CCM (or the acting agency) first offered to modify the contract, by which they not only CCM (or the acting agency) sound like liars again (by claiming that SBS/Yein demanded a contract change), but by making them (Eunjung's agencies) look like they have little faith in Eunjung, and that they were, um, diminishing her worth or something. "Good," because it's the obvious play, to react to the Haeundae writer's comments (who broke the silence and made it okay to talk about CCM being incompetent in this matter), and to try to put the blame on the company widely seen as devoid of credibility or competency. Only "relatively good," though, because it all sounds like a war of words only, with only half-truths behind it - because of the manner of delivery, it all looks snitty and retaliatory. After all, like I've said, they fell on a lot of the same tropes that we called shenanigans on before, and that besides the reasons don't sound all that clean anyway - I'm not sure exactly what inaccurate claims they're talking about, but in the end, the SBS/Yein statements still seem to say that Eunjung was removed because of the recent controversies. In fact, they may have even made themselves look worse, if I read correctly (and ditto for allkpop's translation and completeness of their transmission), because I think they just said they didn't release Eunjung for sponsorship reasons but simply because there were rumors circulating around her.

Ah, it's a shame. If Korea really is trying to err on the side of "values" - over the paper chase... um, over making profits - then (in this case) they're not really doing so very wisely. You'll make mistakes on either side - whether for values or for profit - but it's always tough, you know? If, for instance, there are people who think that this is about not endorsing a mean-spirited person, they're ignoring or forgetting the fact that there's no evidence that she's a mean-spirited person - it's just that a lot of people are making noise (and who knows, maybe it's just a handful of people with multiple net ids repeating their own claims), meaning that the value called "truth" would be rendered a disservice. Worse, this could be about people who are in it for money, playing like they're in it to support good values, and just kind of failing at both and making "having good values" look like "being an ignorant and judgemental blankwad." Whatever, maybe in a few months there'll be another ponzi scheme in the news or something about unjust compensation for CEOs to make people decry money-mongering again.