Diadem Forums

[12.08.23] KBS debating whether to air Eunjung and Jiyeon's cameo appearance in "Shut Up Family"

nathaniel

Just remember, who's making the call to still do jack squat nothing with all these goings-on... But seriously, if ever there was a time for the girls to defy that man, it'd be now. Even if it were messy, emotional and inarticulate, I'd feel like it were... a response fitting to the situation. I get the feeling it wouldn't be met well by the Korean public, so I hope that they can manage a composed response, but hey.

And yeah...

This is really idiotic. If you don't want to put them in, then just do it. You're going to remove them anyway.

It's like they're asking people first as if they feel sympathy for the girls, which they aren't. They're just manipulating the situation to their favors. And that's even more worse for me.

Backbone, that element lacking in those responsible for Eunjung's sacking. Or, I guess, maybe worse, they're really just creating a situation where their originally intended actions would be more palatable to the public eye. Like what Pilot did, for those of you who know that part of the bible.

But man, this is why Mr. Kim is a stain on the prestige of the kpop industry. Yeah, they (Koreans) deal with things in some ways that I (and others) disagree with. Yeah, it's not all fantasy land magic with kisses and rainbows. Yeah, it's not everything it presents itself to be. But, Kpop is a legitimate entertainment option, and one of its main draws was, really, that they could do those entertainment things without having the same hangups as the American entertainment industry. Not to give too much sway to like, stereotypes, but Kpop is making it in the Arab world. And I've read, blogs and stuff from Americans, that the thing about Kpop is that it isn't rife with the same cynical, jaded viewpoints we get all the time in America (even in our mf-ing children's movies, for foss sake), and that America is exporting to the rest of the world, all the f-ing time. And that is still true - Koreans care about different things than Americans do, they deal with things in a different way, all those little things that are different across cultures, but they could still produce a polished, purchasable, and (generally) positive product.

And again, even if backstage, things aren't like on the stage, you take that as a given (once you figure that stuff out) - you still like it, it's still fun, you still listen to it and watch it and talk about it. But can you imagine this situation being as bad as it is if any other company were involved? I mean, arguably we wouldn't even have any kind of crisis as we're having, because other companies wouldn't have given the rumor mill a free hand for five days and then decided to fire the very person that everyone in the public was siding with, and they wouldn't have built a reputation such that people were willing to speculate that you orchestrated a car accident involving four people aside from one of your stars just to gain sympathy, and they wouldn't just sit on their hands after gaining the personal satisfaction of getting your "rebel" star to apologize to you in private. Not only is his company losing money, not only is T-ara having all the problems they're having, but all of Korea is looking jacked right now to the casual observer, not just the Kpop world - and right when it's building momentum across the world.

I mean, if I were a fan on a website talking about American stuff, I would sound like I hated the USA - there's just that much to complain about, seeing things from the inside (and I'm sure people around the world have their complaints too) - okay, maybe I wouldn't, discretion and all, but if I were to complain about American stuff... But kpop is relatively new to the international stage, and aside from people's opinions about Koreans and Asians in general, they just don't need another reason to look down on it. And yet here we have all this.

Mr. Kim may not have created Korean society, he may not have dictated everything about this situation, but he sure as s did his durndest to make things as ridiculous as they've gotten - starting with just being so easy to hate.

But luckily, something distracted me before I bored you even more.

Just because I just saw it, if you're gonna talk about "idols," I mean, what exactly did T-ara do that was so unworthy? Hwayoung, for not not going on stage, or for tweeting about feeling like she was alone in an argument? The other girls, for tweeting words of encouragement that were twisted around to look like mockery? I only take my trash out in the middle of the night - does that make me guilty of making someone think I have something in my trash that I want to keep hidden?

See? This is why I stopped coming here back in April. I just keep going.

Man, before then, I was happy answering questions like "do you like Hyomin with glasses or without?"

@Mongrolian - couldn't have said it better myself.

No,this can't be happening!!

This controversy won't seem to go off.

Beside,its not their fault.They can't just simply

edit out someone who had been working hard.

I guess the Netizen are the Boss when comes

to saying,huh!!

That's democracy.

The majority have a say and have the power to execute it.

I'd think that the broadcasting stations were already scared enough with having Hyomin and Soyeon in dramas to begin with and took quite a gamble with it - add in Eunjung and Jiyeon as well, then they're taking an even bigger gamble due to the situation that occurred some weeks ago and public opinion.

It seems like what they're doing is playing safe. Not like they booted Eunjung out because she's a notorious vile soul or somethin'.

Why is Eunjung suffering the hardest hit in this controversy. First WGM, then Five Fingers, now a simple one-off pre-recorded cameo. Seems like the media companies now are putting cyber bullying into real play. They are so easily influenced and manipulated by the public. Honestly speaking, I think 50% of the people don't really care about what has happened and wish to get over this, but there they are focusing so much on those who are persistently harping on this issue. They are indirectly playing a part in worsening the already tensed situation if they don't know.

Everything's totally ridiculous. Just yesterday she got robbed off her role, which is shocking and unreasonable enough. Very irresponsible of SBS to make such a last minute decision, when she was all prepared practising piano and script-reading. If they intend to cut her off in the first place, why even bother giving false hopes to her by getting her to to meet up with the fellow crews on a day before the revelation. You bring someone skyhigh and you dropped a bomb and send the person back to rocket bottom. It is better off to cut her before the press con then. Why wait so long. Using her as a mean to promote and gain attention because of the scandal T-ara is in? Then remove her when ratings are good and get worried that her presence will affect the ratings following on? And the act to source for a backup for Eunjung when she was totally engrossed in the role just proves that Eunjung is not a first priority for the character. Despite being the main cast, they are indirectly treating Eunjung as a backup. If they didn't manage to find anyone to take over the role, I bet they have to suck thumb and stick with Eunjung. It's not worth to let Eunjung take up the role anymore. The role doesn't deserve Eunjung now. Eunjung can do better. Not to say she was clueless about all these and got the news only got to her through media reports, not from SBS itself. Guilt stricken SBS? Absolute xxxx. This is backstabbing at its highest level. I hope their conscience serves them right. They are bound to regret all that they've done...

Why is Eunjung suffering the hardest hit in this controversy. First WGM, then Five Fingers, now a simple one-off pre-recorded cameo. Seems like the media companies now are putting cyber bullying into real play. They are so easily influenced and manipulated by the public. Honestly speaking, I think 50% of the people don't really care about what has happened and wish to get over this, but there they are focusing so much on those who are persistently harping on this issue. They are indirectly playing a part in worsening the already tensed situation if they don't know.

Broadcasting and media companies are supposed to appeal to the masses, hence why they take public opinion and ratings seriously - because that's how they keep afloat.

It's not their job to be concerned for Eunjung.

Broadcasting and media companies are supposed to appeal to the masses, hence why they take public opinion and ratings seriously - because that's how they keep afloat.

Yup, even it's hurtful and shameless. That's how they run their business.

Using her as a mean to promote and gain attention because of the scandal T-ara is in? Then remove her when ratings are good and get worried that her presence will affect the ratings following on? And the act to source for a backup for Eunjung when she was totally engrossed in the role just proves that Eunjung is not a first priority for the character. Despite being the main cast, they are indirectly treating Eunjung as a backup. If they didn't manage to find anyone to take over the role, I bet they have to suck thumb and stick with Eunjung.

this just sum up the situation perfectly.

in sbs and kbs stance, both dramas aren't produced by in-house drama production team. while broadcasting stations can have their regulation (like joo ji hoon, i don't know if kbs and mbc have lifted their ban), most decisions came from the production team. that's why you see soyeon part still aired in kbs drama yet jiyeon-eunjung part in another kbs drama is questionable.

i think dat it's time for all the queens around the world voices out their opinion and support towards the girls..just like how the antis trying to destroy the girls reputation y going to the broadcasting companies, the queens also need to go the broadcasting companies and give our own opinion and also support in the matter at hand..because from what i read in this controversy month, it seems like the anti are being more vocal to be compare with the supporters..

lets show the antis who's the boss.. B)

I agree with that. Selfish world we are in. Everyone thinks for themselves first. It makes more sense to sacrifice one. Very frustrating and upsetting, but I guess that's life.

this just sum up the situation perfectly.

in sbs and kbs stance, both dramas aren't produced by in-house drama production team. while broadcasting stations can have their regulation (like joo ji hoon, i don't know if kbs and mbc have lifted their ban), most decisions came from the production team. that's why you see soyeon part still aired in kbs drama yet jiyeon-eunjung part in another kbs drama is questionable.

ah..i didn't know about that. no wonder. so it's not exactly the broadcasting stations' fault but the production team that has the authority to make or break things i guess. well, i just hope they believe they have came up with the best form of resolution for this issue. they might have predicted of the backfire but i guess they'll have no choice if the issue all boils down to product placements/sponsors aka $$$. maybe Eunjung could understand that and not feel so upset over all these.

it's true guys,i admit k-entertainment is really bad.I'm so angry right know because i thought this issues already done but you can see what happen.What the hell kbs doing? it's just cameo not a main role.Now i just afraid they do the same thing to Hyomin and Soyeon.Yeah...who know maybe before this...... this stupid production pretend support t-ara but now when they know sbs remove eunjung so they can do same thing....arghh

PLEASE GUYS,SHOW YOUR LOVE.WHAT HAVE YOU DONE LIKE VIDEO,PHOTO,LOVE LETTER,FAN-ART WILL SEND IT TO T-ARA

GO TO THIS LINK,JUST COMMENT HERE NOT ENOUGH(T-ARA DIDN'T READ IT) THIS TIME WE MUST SHOW OUR LOVE

http://asiakore.net/showthread.php?138-Project-Saving-T-ara-Commence!

A Chinese fan’s thoughts about Eunjung and Five Fingers…

From Ham Eunjung Baidu, written by 总攻后宫数不尽

Link: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1811121205

English Translations by @kckclalala

Things have already happened for almost a month..in these days, almost everyday, there have been bad news and unfavourable reports, but regardless of other people’s abusive words, all the pain, all of their misbeliefs, we still chose to believe that the sky will be bright again, that things will eventually pass…as long as we can overcome this once more. But right now, I am starting to feel lost, the damage has already been done, can you really return to the Ham Eunjung of the past, the one who loved to smile?

“Firstly, I believe that there are many who anticipate Five Fingers, so to avoid anymore negative influence, I will, with my greatest strength, try my hardest. Regardless of whatever drama, I will work differently from other people [and work to my greatest ability]. For all the sunbaenims and writers here, whether actors or celebrities, I will work with a careful and cautious state of mind; work hard and then strive and fight for everyone’s satisfaction. I hope everyone will anticipate this greatly.” Oh, how ironic these words are. A few days ago, this child faced enormous pressure and attended Five Fingers’ press conference, regardless of how nervous or how difficult it was, she used her greatest effort to hold back her own emotions, just to help promote the drama and to not bring any more inconvenience to the cast and crew…Yesterday, she was still practicing piano and her lines for shooting. Filming had not even started, and she had already given so much, but for all her efforts and hard work, what did she get in return? Just only a damned phrase “dropped from the drama”?

This world, how unfair it is.

Ham Eunjung ah, what did you actually do wrong? Why do you have to suffer so much? Just because of an edited video clip, just because netizens and reporters have blown the “bullying incident” out of proportion, just because you have an incompetent president, just because of your one sentence, one action…and everyone is now destroying little by little, your many years of hard work, the achievements that you’ve made out from your years of hard work…As expected, there is no fairness in this world.

I rather that you had asked her to leave the drama when everything first happened, instead of giving her hope and expectations before kicking her to the bottom of the valley. After using her, then abandoning her, ha, you really know how to add insult to injury. Yesterday there was still news of Eunjung to paticipate in her first filming today, but today you made her leave the drama. Korean dramas use a live shooting system, and you’ve already aired two episodes. Eunjung was supposed to join from the fifth, so this means that the fifth episode has not yet been filmed, and yet you air two episodes per week. Which is to say that the replacement actress has less than two weeks to study the script and to film. I don’t believe producers would take such a big risk, when nothing has been confirmed yet…the T-ara incident was not a recent piece of news from the past two days. Advertisers, producers, and even SBS…everyone had already known about it. When the issue was debated most hotly and vigorously, you said that you will not replace her, but when things are finally settling a bit, you say that you are replacing her? Do you people all like to play spontaneous games? Because today I feel that you will not bring me negative press, I will support you. Because today I feel that you will bring me negative press, I do not want you anymore. Maybe tomorrow because you can’t find an appropriate replacement, so you will want her back again? To step on someone who’s already fallen, how scary is human nature? Really I don’t lose anything from not watching your drama as I was only following Five Fingers from the beginning because of Eunjung anyway. Now that I’m not following it, I can even spend my time better, read some novels and do more of the other things I want to do…Thinking about it, this may even be a good thing for me. But what about for Eunjung?

Do you not have a bit of heart? If you had used her when she was popular, I don’t blame you, but using her when she was already down, using her to create more press coverage, I really can’t stand it…When I see all these news about her, images of her crying always float into my mind. To suffer so many blows one after another, even the strongest person would break down, and in any case Ham Eunjung is not as strong as she looks…To what extent do you want to push them till…? They’ve lost their popularity, they’ve lost their endorsements, and now Eunjung has lost her drama as well. You must all be satisfied, right? Happy, right? Then can you let up on my T-ara, let up on my Eunjung now?

Really, now I do not have any extravagant hopes. As long as you are well, as long as you can be like a normal person and eat well, sleep well…then we fans are happy and satisfied.

If you have never accompanied your idol during his or her most difficult times, you will not understand how I feel.

If you have never truly liked a celebrity, then it is more likely you will not understand how I feel.

A person can change a lot because of love, he or she can change for the better or for the worst. And Ham Eunjung, because I love you, I have become more understanding of the ways of the world. The way I perceive things have become more mature as well. Because of you, I have learned to be a filial daughter…Really, you’ve taught me a lot, so Ham Eunjung, to be able to meet you, like you, and love you, it really is my blessing and the happiest thing in my life.

Lastly, I hope with all my heart that you can comeback with a smile. No matter how long we have to wait, as long as you don’t give up, we will be by your side, even if we become bruised black and blue, we will not retreat. We only hope that we can stand behind you and be your strongest support and backing.

I want to say, Ham Eunjung, I love you. Not too much and not too little, but just a lifetime’s worth of love.

ENOUGH WITH KEEP SILENT!

I have enough! Korean netizens and medias seem to forget the most important thing in the spreading of Hallyu Wave, INTERNATIONAL FANS! They ignore our opinions and they don’t even care about our feeling right now.

If netizens, broadcasting companies, drama production companies and medias play a ‘dirty games’ to destroy t-ara when there is no solid proof in this bullying controversy so as fans, we need to step up and also play a ‘dirty games’ against them!

We don’t want Eunjung to return to the drama that kicked her like a pair of old shoes after only using her to promote the drama but we demand an apologies from SBS and the drama production team to Eunjung!

Since we can’t give any effect to the drama rating when it aired in Korea, SBS and other broadscasting companies need to know that we, international fans will boycott the drama so no need for them to sell the copyright of the drama to our countries broadcasting company/tv station because we will never watch the drama!

The advertiser companies also can sell their product as much as they can to Korean but they can just forget about targeting a international fans to buy their products! Tony Moly??? What’s the xxxx is that? I only know the brand after t-ara become their model and now they act like they are the famous cosmetic brand in the world. I will never buy that shitty products!

Please post a comment that demand an apology from SBS and the drama production team to Eunjung!

https://www.facebook.com/sbsnow

https://twitter.com/sbsnow

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/5fingers/ (I will post the instruction to register later)

K-netizens and K-Media really need to know, they are not only killing T-ara girls right now but they also slowly put the end to Hallyu Wave! We, International fans just sick with all the xxxx created by netizens and spread by K-media…

Only this time, I ask you to reblog my post and please be more active to post the comment on the wall/board to show your support for Eunjung.

See that silence did nobody any favors. They not only paid the price with a halt in group activities but it pretty much trickles down to each member too. Why nobody lets the girls address the issue publically so everyone can move on, is beyond me.

Did everybody miss, let alone forgot, our Soyeon's Interview about this "misunderstanding"? :blink: I guess the antis did. <_<

I think you are right, a conference (should include Hwayoung I think ) to clear the situation should be made..though it's late until now, but it's better than nothing. if things go on like this their Sexy Love comeback cannot get good attention. it's so bad after all the suffer T-ara has gone through to endure the silence and the criticisms from the media. SBS, MBC, KBS, they are starting to consider about T-ara now, it's not their faults worrying about the ratings and stupid comments from netizens, but this issue is taking a very ugly turn..........What can T-ara do, they can just keep silent and wait for decisions just like what they did during the brokeout of the controversy and Eunjung's helpless silence for her FF role...this is not right at all, T-ara cannot voice their opinions nor protecting their rights in such situation... !!!!!!!!!

Let's play with this "T-ara Conference" idea, . . .

All the members are present, including Hwayoung, staff members, Kim Kwang Soo, and why not, have the other artists too, so we can cover every single angle from within Core Contents Media. They introduce themselves to the reporters one by one, before covering the events that eventually come to Hwayoung's contract terminated by 19 submitted statements by staff members, and interviews that Kim Kwang Soo and whoever helped with the internal investigation regarding the status quo of T-ara during that 3 day time period. Now they cover the "edited", "fabrications", "evidence", and "accusations" about abuse, mistreatment of employees, including working conditions, and bullying. Soyeon repeats what she said in her earlier interview, and the other members agree and confirm that no bullying and ostracizing ever took place. Reporters start to scramble around with the made up lies from antis, and yet, every single one of them continue to say these allegations are all false and have no creditability to them at all. The reporters press harder by name calling them and ask leading questions in the vain hopes they will crack from social pressures. They fail, as all of them continue to say none of those accusations are factual or true to begin with. Now the conference has ended. Everybody leaves.

Now the antis start making up more lies as if they were employees of Core Contents Media and present to see these allegations when the cameras were not rolling, or even viewing them from a C.C.T.V. monitor with audio recordings. The antis simply do not believe any of them, despite their call for a press conference. Have any of the antis ever considered that Core Contents Media anticipated this sort of response, even after Hyomin's and Eunjung's Drama Press Conferences? Antis will continue to present skepticism as fact and truth without any proof whatsoever. So, why should Core Contents Media have a press conference to a bunch of inpatient, immature, loud mouth, uneducated, half-witted, nerf herders, who simply are "not willing to accept the truth from them at all".

"Patience would have made this T-ara Press Conference POSSIBLE!" It would demonstrate to the company that the public is willing to listen to their testimonies without having to hang them in some lynch mob.

No thanks to the antis in their endeavor to press for answers, let alone destroy "Nine" career lives, maybe even more, we probably won't get a conference now. Antis has always hurt someone to make a point, even resort to murder with little or no remorse. Who ever said that was the "only way" to make positive and effective and efficient change? If antis wanted to force a change within Core Contents Media, they should've called the police, but did they? No, all because they simply do not know anything about law enforcement, and police investigations, let alone the purpose to uphold peace and justice without getting anyone hurt and/or killed in the process. Open World Entertainment anyone?

Just remember, who's making the call to still do jack squat nothing with all these goings-on... But seriously, if ever there was a time for the girls to defy that man, it'd be now. Even if it were messy, emotional and inarticulate, I'd feel like it were... a response fitting to the situation. I get the feeling it wouldn't be met well by the Korean public, so I hope that they can manage a composed response, but hey.

A typical thinking example of an modus operandi in a anti.

As for the timing to speak up about confirming whether or not these allegations are true, well, it's most likely we can all toss that possibility away now. <_<

And yeah...
Backbone, that element lacking in those responsible for Eunjung's sacking. Or, I guess, maybe worse, they're really just creating a situation where their originally intended actions would be more palatable to the public eye. Like what Pilot did, for those of you who know that part of the bible.

Yeah, I think we all like proof that this was all a stage play, instead of repeating it over like it's the truth or something. <_<

Yeah, they (Koreans) deal with things in some ways that I (and others) disagree with. Yeah, it's not all fantasy land magic with kisses and rainbows. Yeah, it's not everything it presents itself to be. But, Kpop is a legitimate entertainment option, and one of its main draws was, really, that they could do those entertainment things without having the same hangups as the American entertainment industry. Not to give too much sway to like, stereotypes, but Kpop is making it in the Arab world. And I've read, blogs and stuff from Americans, that the thing about Kpop is that it isn't rife with the same cynical, jaded viewpoints we get all the time in America (even in our mf-ing children's movies, for foss sake), and that America is exporting to the rest of the world, all the f-ing time. And that is still true - Koreans care about different things than Americans do, they deal with things in a different way, all those little things that are different across cultures, but they could still produce a polished, purchasable, and (generally) positive product.

Why the American bashing, and not mention the similar things that both the U.S. and South Korea share? :huh:

And again, even if backstage, things aren't like on the stage, you take that as a given (once you figure that stuff out) - you still like it, it's still fun, you still listen to it and watch it and talk about it. But can you imagine this situation being as bad as it is if any other company were involved? I mean, arguably we wouldn't even have any kind of crisis as we're having, because other companies wouldn't have given the rumor mill a free hand for five days and then decided to fire the very person that everyone in the public was siding with, and they wouldn't have built a reputation such that people were willing to speculate that you orchestrated a car accident involving four people aside from one of your stars just to gain sympathy, and they wouldn't just sit on their hands after gaining the personal satisfaction of getting your "rebel" star to apologize to you in private. Not only is his company losing money, not only is T-ara having all the problems they're having, but all of Korea is looking jacked right now to the casual observer, not just the Kpop world - and right when it's building momentum across the world.

Actually it was 3 days, not 5. <_<

That accident was so definitely not orchestrated. When the site that was referenced by an anti, it clearly showed that it's default clock always displayed 6 minutes after midnight for it's page "on all of its reports". Even allkpop admitted that was a mistake on the anti's claim. <_< Yeah, the rest of that is purely delusional in thought.

I mean, if I were a fan on a website talking about American stuff, I would sound like I hated the USA - there's just that much to complain about, seeing things from the inside (and I'm sure people around the world have their complaints too) - okay, maybe I wouldn't, discretion and all, but if I were to complain about American stuff... But kpop is relatively new to the international stage, and aside from people's opinions about Koreans and Asians in general, they just don't need another reason to look down on it. And yet here we have all this.

What does the U.S. entertainment specifically have to do with the T-ara situation? In other words, is the U.S. Entertainment Industry involved with the T-ara situation? If so, how? Yeah, pretty much this part of the argument and point of view is so invalid, including insulting, especially when the U.S. holds a whole bunch of International Film Festivals Yearly and even give awards and honors to international entertainment works from our most prestigious Hollywood ceremonies.

@Mongrolian - couldn't have said it better myself.

That's democracy. The majority have a say and have the power to execute it.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Since when did we ever took a vote on what goes on with Core Contents Media and its employees? :huh: There's an old saying in the entertainment industry, "don't ever mix politics with entertainment."

And yet there are procedures they are suppose to follow, despite their concerns. <_<

I agree with that. Selfish world we are in. Everyone thinks for themselves first. It makes more sense to sacrifice one. Very frustrating and upsetting, but I guess that's life.

Life is more than all of that.