Diadem Forums

[12.08.23] KBS debating whether to air Eunjung and Jiyeon's cameo appearance in "Shut Up Family"

nathaniel

Not those three days. The three days "before" he made the announcement to make that big announcement. It all started with the press conference in Japan before the concert.

Was gonna leave it, but hey. I guess I didn't after all. Anyway, even if I guessed you were talking about the weekend, it still doesn't change that I was talking about the five days (depending on how you count it, inclusive on one end) from the 25th to the 30th. And, since I was made the point first, that kind of leaves me free to decide what I'm talking about - and in any case, the time frame I chose is one that includes the one you were talking about (and the one I thought you were talking about), so it still works.

And that's kind of a convenient segue to just another tidbit I think is part of some of these disagreements, is that I think you make a decision about what you think other people are talking about (which is like, what we all do, just part of the process of using language), and then go on in a lot of detail and using very pointed language based on that initial decision, without leaving much room for "maybe that initial decision (as to what they wanted to say) was wrong." And when strong - polarizing - interpretations are made, and from that strong statements are made, the stakes rise and well, greater misunderstandings become possible.

But then, maybe that guess of mine is wrong too, eh?

Anyway, even if I guessed you were talking about the weekend, it still doesn't change that I was talking about the five days (depending on how you count it, inclusive on one end) from the 25th to the 30th. And, since I was made the point first, that kind of leaves me free to decide what I'm talking about - and in any case, the time frame I chose is one that includes the one you were talking about (and the one I thought you were talking about), so it still works.

In your statement, it focused on the notion that other companies won't have let the rumors continue for 5 days. Think about it. Rumors started on the 25th when suddenly, he announces another announcement that will change everybody. Ask the question, . . . what prompted him to make the statement in the first place? Answer, . . . rumors. Thus, the same rumors continued onward and started to become even bigger than they were before. If he responded to the rumors, how can your statement claim that a company allowed it to continue on for 5 days, when it was actually 3 days?

And that's kind of a convenient segue to just another tidbit I think is part of some of these disagreements, is that I think you make a decision about what you think other people are talking about (which is like, what we all do, just part of the process of using language), and then go on in a lot of detail and using very pointed language based on that initial decision, without leaving much room for "maybe that initial decision (as to what they wanted to say) was wrong." And when strong - polarizing - interpretations are made, and from that strong statements are made, the stakes rise and well, greater misunderstandings become possible. But then, maybe that guess of mine is wrong too, eh?

You've already answered your very own question, my friend. :)