Diadem Forums

[12.08.23] Translation - A PD's tweet in support of Eunjung

kkyc222

TRANSLATION

김태연@tykimlaw

드라마제작사에게 제작협찬이나 PPL이 중요한 사안임에는 틀림없지만 그것때문에 작품의 기획의도를 왜곡해서는 안된다. 한작품으로 대박을 노리는 건 어리석은 거다..천남은 제작협찬이 제로지만 ㅠ 난 포기하지 않는다. 돈은 더 열심히 할때 벌어지는 것이다.

"To drama producers, issues of production sponsorship, PPL etc are no doubt important, but to tamper with the drama's plan for these issues is not the way. A production that succeeds relying on despicable things, is very muddled. Although the production sponsorship for The Thousandth Man is zero ㅠ I will not give up. Money is something that you will have when you work harder."

T/N: This is a producer (also CEO I think) at Chorok Stars, a production company that produced Vampire Prosecutor and also Hyomin's The Thousandth Man

Translated by @kckclalala via Chinese translations Ham Eunjung Baidu (@hameunjungbar)

对于电视剧制作商来说,制作赞助啊、PPL这种问题毋庸置疑是重要的,但因此连作品的企划也篡改了是不行的。一部作品靠卑鄙的事而成功,很糊涂…千男的制作赞助虽然是零ㅠ 我不会放弃的。钱是更加努力就会有的。

I don't understand why people in the entertainment industry are so afraid of a bunch of haters. Since they've already casted Eunjung for the role in her drama, shouldn't they just stick to their promise and let her participate? Just screw all the haters who will most likely try to sabotage the drama ratings. I believe that a good drama will succeed no matter what. If their drama is good what do they have to worry about? I'm glad someone is finally speaking out in favor of T-ARA

It's nice to see some people at least can look professional. And I guess for Hyomin, it's nice to hear. 'Cause I'm pretty sure she would have been at least a little afraid to be kicked out like Eunjung.

I don't understand why people in the entertainment industry are so afraid of a bunch of haters.
They aren't. It's people in ppl and marketing who are afraid of the haters, because they have a product reputation to protect. People in entertainment just depend on money from them..

i'm glad the PD of Hyomin's drama 1000th Man is a man of his word.. Like he said even if 1000th Man sponsorship is zero he didn't kick Hyomin out of the drama just to get more sponsors & money.. i know there were also antis who petition for Hyomin's removal & maybe some sponsors back out too but he still stick to Hyomin & didn't replace her.. He didn't even edit out Jiyeon's cameo appearance in 1000th Man i am glad that even maybe he was also a bit afraid that 1000th Man won't rate at all,, he still stick to the cast & continued the drama with Hyomin as the lead..

I just hope 'Five Fingers' PD is like this too.. not just 1000th Man PD but Heundae Lovers PD too, he stick with Soyeon & didn't replace her no matter what.. Soyeon's role & appearance might have lessen but i don't think it's because of the T-ara issue but because Soyeon got into an accident & need more rest..

I just want to give him a warm hug.It touched me.Not only because that he support Hyomin but he also has a great wisdom.If I'm not mistaken,compared to Five Fingers and Hundae's Lover's ratings,A Thousandth Man received the lowest rating but I respect him for still keeping Hyomin as one of the lead actresses in that drama.They already completed 6 out of 8 episodes so it's impossible for her to be removed from that drama but I still respect this guy for not give a damn to those haters.

It's really brave of him as a drama PD to say that a major TV station is doing "despicable things"... This guys shows great principle and judging by the article on the Korean Entertainment Management Association on the matter, apparently he is not alone..

If there are more man like this in Korea, heck in the world, we'll live in a more decent place. Good for him to address this issue and speak out for the production. How many months has the production staff of Five Fingers planned all what they're gonna do, and then the producers just decided to chuck out the lead actress too late in the game?!

This guy knows what he's talking about, and from what I heard, Vampire Prosecutor and The Thousandth Man are both good productions and have positive feedback from watchers. I hope his projects will receive more love in the future.

great..even hyomin's pd give support to eunjung..this kind of work is coming from professional..unlike five fingers..its good that soyeon n hyomin didn't get kicked out from drama..but it will be better if eunjung didn't get kicked too..hyomin's pd sure know acknowledge t-ara's talents..hyomin's pd will never kicked eunjung if eunjung was in his drama..drama is not about marketing but arts..t-ara hwaiting..lets support t-ara..i hope there is more people will support t-ara, i mean people from media/ entertainment/ professional person..

although there are sane people in the industry...and the production team of five fingers is not representative of all of the industry people...nevertheless....i very much believe that there are people that is pulling the strings from the background....people with alot more power...

Great news, bravo to him,a wise man with wise words and advice. Happy to see there is still people support her and come out saying it. Not those cowards, cruel people betray her, stab behind her back.

Hyomin is fortunate to work with him and a thousand men cast.

T-ara and Eunjung fighting!!!