Diadem Forums

[12.08.29] Actress Kim Hye Eun "Soyeon staying on Haeundae Lovers, please applaud!"

kkyc222

Actress Kim Hye Eun "Soyeon staying on Haeundae Lovers, please applaud!"

20120829_1346201477.JPG

“It is not an issue that can be solved by leaving the drama. Ostracizing/bullying is clearly a serious societal problem, but where there is debate but no confirmed facts or truth, to unconditionally accuse and criticize young adults is not right. To push the young into a difficult situation because of the existence of a debate, is this something that adults should do?”

Actress Kim Hye Eun, who also appears in Haeundae Lovers with Soyeon, candidly expressed her thoughts about the T-ara issue. On the 28th with an interview with Daily Economy Star Today, Kim Hye Eun said “There has been a lot of controversy surrounding the drama, including Soyeon’s appearance on the drama and the Busan dialect, but on set, the atmosphere is still happy and enjoyable.” “It is true that there are many unfavorable aspects, but they have to be solved wisely one by one.”

Kim Hye Eun said that day: “To already have promised to appear in the drama, and to have already participated in over 5 filmings, behaviour like ‘Because of your response, I will cut you out’ is wrong.” “In the T-ara incident, most importantly, it is the adults who have made the bigger errors. I want to applaud the decision of the production team to continue working together under circumstances of debate in order to not disappoint the hardworking actors.”

She continued: “Partial conversations over twitter or SMS between young adults cannot be used to make judgments on everything.” “One cannot say who was at fault, but to avoid similar situations and to prevent kids from getting hurt, care and wise judgments are needed from adults. In particular, if the agency can take some action on behalf of the children, that would be great. Very anxious”

At the same time, she expressed: “No matter what the problem is, to just solve the superficial issue is not the way to resolve the problem.” She added, “Right now, Soyeon, as the object of anger, is in a dilemma. If she ignores the situation and chooses to leave the drama unconditionally, then the viewers’ wounds might feel more comfortable, but the heart will not be cured. Even if the surrounding circumstances are loud and noisy, isn’t it a good thing that the actors’ acting and the production team’s hardwork together receive praise for the drama?”

On the other hand, Kim Hye Eun’s charismatic acting as the wife of President Yang in Haeundae Lover has received praise.

Translated by @kckclalala via Chinese translation: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1826234863

Original article: http://news.nate.com.../20120829n07603

Thank you for the translation. :)

“Partial conversations over twitter or SMS between young adults cannot be used to make judgments on everything.” “One cannot say who was at fault, but to avoid similar situations and to prevent kids from getting hurt, care and wise judgments are needed from adults. Especially if the agency can take some action on behalf of the children, that would be great. Very anxious”

I like this part, she's criticizing CCM for its poor management. :)

i love how she say it ♥

i really wish people minds is really like that... i think, soyeon is opening up to her co-workers regarding the issues...

She might be feeling or telling them, "should i leave because I might be damaging HL show?"

(i don't know but that is what came across to my mind)... but her co-workers is cheering her up and even saying how they feel to make soyeon's spirit strong...

fighting Kim Hye Eun! Fighting Soyeon and T-ara! Fighting HL!! ^__^

“It is not an issue that can be solved by leaving the drama."

"If she ignores the situation and chooses to leave the drama unconditionally, then the viewers’ wounds might feel more comfortable, but the heart will not be cured."

---> Round of applause, standing ovation. I agree. Face palm to all those who cut T-ara in their shows especially Five Fingers and WGM. I have been hoping that continuing with their dramas and other TV appearances (and ignoring the public's rage) would actually make T-ara grow on them despite the controversy. That way, the viewers would have no choice but to see their faces anyway and then eventually get comfortable with them because that's what's available on TV, and then they would eventually see that T-ara doesn't deserve those hate because they seem nice pretty and kind plus they act well. So it should have been, "I'm PD of this drama if you don't want to watch then don't. I'm sure there are people who will watch anyway. Your rage won't control me."

Instead, the public's rage controlled them. Cowards. Tsk tsk. Cutting them off like that would just affirm the public's clouded mind and so unclouded minds would think, "ah so even the PD agrees and cuts them off so I guess the rumor is true" or people would say "oh so it's a bigger issue than I thought." So instead of clearing it up by removing them, their removal just made it messier. Probably the drama would be off the hook, but to the expense of the actress. Then the actress would have nowhere to go to because you abandoned her when you were her supposed to be her source of strength. And then the actress would not appear anymore and would just be nothing but a smeared name and a bunch of photos, hated and bashed through media and internet, no chance to regain respect because you took that chance away.

"Even if the surrounding circumstances are loud and noisy, isn’t it a good thing that the actors’ acting and the production team’s hardwork together receive praise for the drama?”

---> I totally agree. The Five Fingers production team failed to trust their material and actors. If they only thought "ah we have an amazing cast, plot and script, no controversy would stop us from doing this, we can receive praise if we work hard enough" things would have been better and Eunjung could probably gain respect again through the drama. Instead, they didn't want anything to do with the mess, just got coward and selfish, cut the rope that Eunjung tries hard to hang into.

----------

Looks like Soyeon is so fortunate to be treated well by people from Haeundae Lovers. I guess it also helps that Davichi's Kang Min Kyung, another artist from CCM, is there as well... and hmm even Nam Gyu Ri who was formerly from CCM (could she give tips on how to break away from CCM successfully? LOL).

----------

I am so glad that some people from the industry are speaking up and defending T-ara.

Applause for Kim Hye Eun.

Haeundae Lovers FTW!

T-ara Fighting!

Why am I teary eyed just by reading this article? Very very wise words indeed coming from someone who has been in the entertainment industry for years. This actress should be applauded too for daring to speak out in the midst of this issue.

Soyeon is very very lucky to have been surrounded by good people in her drama.