Diadem Forums

[12.09.04] Core Contents Media clarifies "Little T-ara" performance announcement

nathaniel

[12.09.04] Core Contents Media clarifies "Little T-ara" performance announcement

1346774680998.jpg

It was announced that "Little T-ara" would be present to perform with T-ara at T-ara's comeback stage on Mnet's "M!Countdown" but soon after the announcement, controversy arose.

Netizens criticized and raised concerns that young children would be dancing in sexy outfits to a song with provocative lyrics.

T-ara's agency Core Contents Media responded, "'Little T-ara' will only appear in the opening 35-second stage before T-ara performs 'SEXY LOVE' and will show off the intricate robot dance. The information that spread over the internet that T-ara would have a joint stage with them is a misunderstanding.

"Because this concept is formed around the robot dance moves, 'Little T-ara' will only perform a short bit of the robot dance ahead of the T-ara members' comeback stage," they clarified.

Unfortunately after the announcement was made, negative reactions followed.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20120905n00818

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

From what I've read on various sites, some people feel that it is inappropriate for children to be performing to a song called "Sexy Love", even though "Little T-ara" is only performing the opening 35 seconds which is supposed to be the robotic dance (I guess it's more of the association with the song as far as it's lyrics and title rather than the dance moves they'll be performing themselves). Also, I've heard mention that M! Countdown has a +15 television rating so they feel that having underaged children on a show that's targeted towards people 15 and older is also not appropriate. Many people were also saying that they were using the children as a buffer so they wouldn't get booed or receive bad treatment from the audience since there are still a large number of people who still haven't forgiven them after the issuance of the apology. But to be honest, most of negative backlash and criticism stems from people still believing in the allegations of bullying and not forgiving them. A lot of people felt negatively about their apology being issued right before they announced their comeback so their sincerity has been questioned even before this announcement which is another contributant to some people's feelings towards this situation. In my opinion, everyone needs to just move forward. For those who don't support T-ara and don't forgive them, they need to focus their time and energy on things they do like and for those who support T-ara, they should be able to enjoy their comeback without the drama that arises with every move they make.

i just hope antis will think first before talking or doing something,theyre just too stupid to think 'little t-ara' will do the sexy moves and keep bashing our girls even tho its been clarified -.-

but who cares about them..

anw,,,tomorrow T-ara will have a comeback stage!

im kinda worried for them actually but who am i kidding?its T-ara!

they have dealt with many issues before,so yeah they can do it too this time!

i wish you good luck girls,Fighting!

they still got some negative comments after this clarification? .. woah .. netizens sure amaze me in every way .. they have a lot of things to say .. oh well, i don't bother that much .. because the more they talk, the more it becomes senseless ..

Negative comments, yeah. This just shows how unreasonable 'netizens' are. Move on! All of the girls released statements giving rest to the whole bullying/diva issues. Regardless of the girls actual feelings in the matter, it is irrelevant now. Its like a court case where the primary parties settled, but onlookers wanted to proceed, in short what is the point?

The continued 'attacks' has proven that it is not the ostracizing per se (now it looks like it was flimsy excuse by those who instigated and fanned the issue disproportionately). They (whoever they are) simply wanted to bring down T-ara. It's just pathetic.

As to the implications of having children perform on stage, frankly I had similar thoughts. But one question runs through my mind: "Is it worth for T-ara to 'use' children?" From a moral/professional/business standpoint, NO. It'll erode their image and it won't be something they could recover from than some random (and false) accusation.

To all Queen's and T-ara sympathizers: keep those haters/negative comments away from your minds. They are just trying to destroy T-ara - they didn't succeed back during the height of the controversies, they won't succeed now. The best way to plunge "critics" into the pit of irrelevancy is to forget them -- just think of this way: it is the last howls of a dying beast.

As for T-ara, I'm looking forward to their "debut" (comeback), not 'simply' because of seeing Sexy Love and robot dance live, but see firsthand how the girls has overcome this hurdle.

T-ara fighting! :wub:

I can understand the concern that parents have of children dancing to a song named 'Sexy Love'. But common! I believe that on the slightest sign of inappropriate content the TV Station itself would be against the concert. Haven't they changed the choreography of various songs before? Also, I believe in the end the kids all end up watching and learning the dance themselves.

I personally believe that as long as the show and the parents of the children have consented to their performance, I don't think there should be much of a problem. M! Countdown most likely wouldn't have allowed the children to perform to the song if they felt that there would be a considerate amount of inappropriateness displayed that they could possibly receive backlash for. For the viewers who disagree about the inclusion of the children (whose point of view is understandable as well as far as the content of the song) the most effective way they can show their displeasure is by not watching the show.

Something is wrong wth korea's ppl mind...they always try to make simple things complicated....they think they can become the boss with those irresponsible comments on internet....comment everything in internet but keep silent in reality....n I really pity all the companies, which have to always standby to please the netizens.......I bet few days later M! countdown PD will get scared becoz of the backlash of netizens and cancel the performance of little T-ara :( really dissapointed with them....

Take it easy guys, it's not the first time these netizens bring up issue for T-ARA!

From now on I won't pay attention to them & what those stupid people say!

I will just enjoy their come back performance & watching their beautiful faces while performing on stage again...<3

well that's what you get from an antis.. "Little T-ara" dancing w/ T-ara, they criticized.. "Little T-ara" will only dance the robot dance in the beginning for 35 sec, negative reaction.. whatever you do you will never please this netizens :rolleyes:

anyway so excited for T-ara's comack tomorrow.. i know they'll do great.. but a little worried though we all know they still have a lot of antis.. i just hope this antis won't show up live on M! Countdown and do something stupid.. T-ARA FIGHTING!!!

I don't think it is necessary to have little kids on stage performing with them. Their concept itself will be a huge eye-opener. If they are afraid of getting negative reactions from the crowd during their comeback, they should have considered other means, instead of using children as a buffer. Not a very well-thought plan by the management since sexy love isn't a young cutesy song like Bo Beep Bo Beep that is more suitable for kids. But i believe they themselves are uncertain of the reactions they will be receiving from the crowd. Hence, the insecurity and the idea to play safe. Fingers crossed that their performance will go smooth tomorrow. Hope they'll enjoy being on stag again. Hope they understand that there are still alot of supporters with them, maybe not in the presence, but in the mind and heart (:

As expected netizen's will react in KKS plan of the little t-ara to dance in sexy love. S****d netizen's ever. Wow, comeback will not be as easy for T-ara. They're are so nervous and as expected they will practice this night without even a sleep. poor t-ara. Please K-Queen's support them, if I can be in M-countdown i will support them all the way. T-ara Fighting.

Since they will also release a new MV next week featuring Little T-ara, I guess the sexy choreography will be toned down.

Seeing how the Robot version MV focused on the robots/clowns/dolls and the sexy dance was decreased, I think it's going to be fine. Who knows, they might actually change the dance steps and focus on the robotic moves.

Those netizens just overreact too much because it's T-ara, their current favorite hating target. Tsk. And they react even without seeing it yet. Tsk.