Diadem Forums

comparing t-ara's controversy with other idols

bubblesGO

on youtube too many discussions has been made. some would say "ah i lost all my respect to these girls"

"these girls are a real b*tch jiyeon is a *b*itch" and so on.

and i'm like "what's wrong with these people when hwayoung's a new member you want her out and now that she's out you want t-ara out" anti fans are so unreasonable.

there are a lots of haters who would say that their new song is a waste of time so why listen to it?

but there are some comments that caught my attention, before t-ara contorversy 2pm's nichkhun has been in a traffic accident under an influence of alcohol (to the hottest: i'm not dragging nichkhun out of here i'm a crazy fan of khun and khuntoria don't worry)

why are they comparing khun's accident to t-ara's controversy. it's very different.

they would say that "driving at the influence of alcohol can be forgiven, but why you cannot forget and forgive these false bullying issue? srsly." somebody commented that because khun admitted his fault and apologizes while t-ara remain silent at that time and let the fire be blown by the wind. and argument then started

it's completely different. our nichkhun got an ACCIDENT. while t-ara is a victim of FALSE MALICIOUS RUMORS. so don't compare

You already know that antis are unreasonable, so why are you still questioning their behavior (by creating this thread)? I know you're frustrated and trying to argue with the antis, but let me tell you this:

1. It is pointless to try to convince them here (diadem). We aren't the antis.

2. It is pointless to try to convince them in general. Most, if not all, of the antis that I've come across (and I'm sure this applies to the rest of the antis) does not possess a basis of what I called valid reasoning. Their argument all rooted back to hate and jealousy (one of the most common statement is "they're so fake. They have plastic surgery", in which does not justify anything).

To sum it up, if their comments have valid reasoning, then you can argue with them, whether you agree or not. Else, ignore it. The chance of them understanding your arguments is very low.

uhmmm... Toan Nguyen is correct.... i know you are just angry or frustrated that those antis are being unreasonable, but, i believe, most or almost all queen's in diadem are loyal to T-ara, we know there is no bullying and just conflicts, and we can see that those antis are either:

> so afraid that T-ara might take over being as "top" group so they are taking advantage over this and trying to say negative stuffs to influence others or made t-ara feel it and have a mental/physical break down

> some antis might be a solid fan of hwayoung and they hate the fact that she is removed (well, i also dislike that fact that she is removed) and bec. of this they believe the removal might be bec. there is really bullying (w/c we know there is none)

>negative thinker... they can only see life in a negative way, and they believe that those positive things are just so fake

> are just so stupid... They don't know how to use their body parts in the right way...

In the past, there have been events between the fandoms of various idols and idol groups when it comes to bad news for any one of them. Fandoms sometimes will take advantage of a unexpected and disheartening incident of that unfortunate idol and/or idol group, no matter how big or how small. Sometimes the infelicitous fandom will strike out at other fandoms as a preemptive move should it be revealed that other fandoms are actually involved in contributing to the transgression(s) to their own idol(s). Our T-ara, which includes Hwayoung, are unable to escape from this behavior aspect from the fans. I've already seen some small online disagreements/clashes between the fandoms regarding this issue from our girls. But so far, it hasn't escalated to anything serious. Which is good. I can only guess that because of the alleged accusations were proved false, there's no motive/reasoning for the fans to wage a fandom versus fandom campaign war, and this is an internal matter to begin with anyway. Also thanks to Hwayoung for publicly stating that she denied all offers from other companies too. She made it very clear through this, it has nothing to do with any fandom period. The only war that is still being fought is a fan civil war, which is amongst us, where T-ara fans are still busy reorganizing themselves. Yes, it's a huge internal mess for all of us, and regrettable that other fandoms seem to be pulled in it, in one way or another. But be mindful that there's no such proof, nor cause to involve other fandoms. This situation is purely internal and amongst us, T-ara fans, which happens to include the antis.

T-ara already had a lot of antis to start with.

Guess they didn't like it when T-ara became one of the top three girl groups.

When the bullying controversy came out, the antis took the opportunity to bash T-ara.

It became worse when CCM made the announcement to kick out Hwayoung.

There was no apology from CCM or T-ara immediately after the controversy.

Snowball effect - Hate towards T-ara grew not just from the antis but from the public.

Nichkhun, on the other hand, is the golden boy of JYP.

He is cute and girls go crazy over him.

He said sorry and is reflecting on his actions.

Fans will find it easier to forgive him.

And you forget; Nichkhun''s part of 2PM, a boy group. Kpop is run mostly by fangirls. Kpop fans are also very sexist, whether they realize it or not.

When a girl does a suggestive dance, netizens call it slutty. When a guy does a suggestive dance, netizens call it sexy.

When a girl takes a bunch of pictures of herself, netizens call it camera-whoring. When a guy takes a bunch of pictures of himself, netizens call it eyecandy.

When a girl shows her stomach, netizens call her shameless. When a guy shows his stomach, they say it's drool worthy.

EXOm Kris's 'bitchface' is sexy, but f(x) Krystal's 'bitchface' is...well, b.itchy.

When a guy acts cold, they say he's had a bad day. When a girl acts cold, they say she's got a horrible attitude.

When a Nichkhun made a mistake, netizens said 'it's okay, he'll learn from this!" "Stop hating on my Khunnie, everyone makes mistakes".(No offense to Hottests intended) Maybe him coming clean with lots of solid evidence of both the mistake and him taking a long break off did help. Him having a 'perfect angel' image probably helped him, along with the huge Hottest fanbase. You can tell the biased-ness is obvious.

When T-ara made their mistake, netizens said 'shun them from the world cuz T-ara are bullies and unworthy'. Then having previous scandals and a crappy company/CEO/PR manager didn't help either. KKS' way of dealing with the situation made even other artists in the Kpop community point their fingers to him instead of T-ara, and when some big people in the kpop world started turning their backs, others did too.

I guess it's a bit hard to understand. DUI and Bullying are huge no-no's in Korea apparently (a korean friend of mine had to explain this to me xD). Honestly, if T-ara's controversy didn't happen when it did, Nichkyun's DUI incident would have blown up quite a bit.

IMO, I think that even though Nichkyun's incident was worse (because he willingly drove even though he was drunk), his PR management is amazing (JYP, what else do you expect?) and they dealt with the situation quickly and efficiently.

This topic you have brought up seems easy to understand.....and all you have to do is calm down a bit.....and think of an effective way to deal with it....IMO you can only get yr facts straight whenure actually can think....which can really only when u being calm.....and the antis....dont getme started on them.....

It doesnt matter what,where,who,how,which.....they will find a way to criticize whoever they want....

I think that light-plus brought up a very important factor - the different "judging" system a girl group and a boy group goes through.

I personally think that it's a lot easier for male idols to rebound from any controversy compared to females. But this also makes me wonder, what would happen if it was a male group that is being exposed of "bullying"? I've read so many opinions that its in a girls nature to bully/be a xxxx. And that really offends me. It's like they're giving a free pass to all boys because it's not in their "nature" to bully or be a xxxx.

Another is the environment in which T-ara is in. It's similiar to all the other idol groups out there, but the key difference is that they're made to believe that they are replaceable. Each member is threatened and is put under enormous amounts of pressure to pretty much obey any command they get. The environment that they're in is hostile and shouldn't be put on anyone. The way in which they are treated, as replaceable, is demeaning and undermines the hard work that they have put in to succeed.

I guess it's a bit hard to understand. DUI and Bullying are huge no-no's in Korea apparently (a korean friend of mine had to explain this to me xD). Honestly, if T-ara's controversy didn't happen when it did, Nichkyun's DUI incident would have blown up quite a bit.

IMO, I think that even though Nichkyun's incident was worse (because he willingly drove even though he was drunk), his PR management is amazing (JYP, what else do you expect?) and they dealt with the situation quickly and efficiently.

I'm guessing JYP probably took more lessons on PR management after how the Jay Park issue blew up. The way he handled Jay's one was particularly whacked.

Another thing with timing is that earlier in the year (during the LD and Japanese promos) is that Korea had particularly severe cases of bullying reported by the media - with students as young as 14 to 15 committing suicide because of it. That makes them only middle school students and watching the interviews, it's really heartbreaking and tragic - as a result, the last thing the average Joe would want to hear about bullying is such a thing occurring within an idol group.

The 'judging' system about girl groups and boy groups you mentioned is also something to heavily consider. Yes, the Kpop fandom does have more fangirls than fanboys (although in T-ara's case when it comes down to K-fans, I would think there's more fanboys, or at least a roughly equal percentage, as with any other girl group). There are slight exceptions though, such as when Daesung ended up in that car accident which resulted in the death of a man, he still took half a year's length of laying low and did volunteer work.

Personally from my experience from attending schools in Korea, I honestly think guys are far worse then it comes down to bullying - they can do all the types of bullying girls can do but dish out far more severe levels of physical pain on the victims. Seen it happen and it was frankly, extremely ugly. Not only that, they can actively threaten or intimidate other students more actively that no one is to help the victim unless they want to be next (never seen a female bully pull this off towards male students - male bullies however, can do it to both genders).

But this could possibly explain why sexism in Kpop may exist when it comes down to fans - fangirls would want to fantasize about guys who are nothing like the ragtag bulllies at the schools they go to and would go deep lengths to deny whatever negative accusation is thrown. Same thing applies to fanboys as well. In fact, this could all be traced back to the cutthroat education system in Korea as well as severe cases of delinquent behavior - hence, teenagers and young adults use idol groups as an 'escape from reality' and place high standards.

Another is the environment in which T-ara is in. It's similiar to all the other idol groups out there, but the key difference is that they're made to believe that they are replaceable. Each member is threatened and is put under enormous amounts of pressure to pretty much obey any command they get. The environment that they're in is hostile and shouldn't be put on anyone. The way in which they are treated, as replaceable, is demeaning and undermines the hard work that they have put in to succeed.

This. They've been effectively placed in a Battle Royale-like environment and add with the fact they're being severely overworked even for a Kpop idol group, it's shocking how they manage to last so long. I suspect such an environment lasted for quite a while actually. Though they were only rookies back then, by now there's a strong chance they've become disillusioned with the company they're in.

When it comes down to members like Boram, Qri, Hwayoung (until her departure) and even Soyeon to a degree, I really can't begin to imagine just how stressful it is for them.

Kpop is run mostly by fangirls. Kpop fans are also very sexist, whether they realize it or not.

It would be more comfortable knowing a good estimation of just how many K-Pop fans are there in the world currently, with demographics for more depth coverage into the diversity of the K-Pop fandom.

In actuality, almost every job out there in the world has that firing capability for every one of their employees. I don't see how this is even an aspect to consider for this situation. Unless there's proof that our girls are "constantly" harassed, threatened, tormented, verbally abused, and suffered severe mental distress, even disorders, and anything else that violates that safe working environment, on a daily basis for almost every single moment of their time as employees to Core Contents Media by the staff members.

Another thing with timing is that earlier in the year (during the LD and Japanese promos) is that Korea had particularly severe cases of bullying reported by the media - with students as young as 14 to 15 committing suicide because of it. That makes them only middle school students and watching the interviews, it's really heartbreaking and tragic - as a result, the last thing the average Joe would want to hear about bullying is such a thing occurring within an idol group.

In fact, this could all be traced back to the cutthroat education system in Korea as well as severe cases of delinquent behavior - hence, teenagers and young adults use idol groups as an 'escape from reality' and place high standards.

Many places world wide experienced bullying and suicides, and I'm pretty sure most education systems has their history of such tragic and unwanted circumstances that occurred. Again, I still do not see how this has to do with T-ara, when they all explained that no bullying happened already.