Diadem Forums

[12.09.14] Why has T-ara's Soyeon not appeared in "Haeundae Lovers" since episode 8?

nathaniel

[12.09.14] Why has T-ara's Soyeon not appeared in "Haeundae Lovers" since episode 8?

495910-e1344265996674.jpg

In light of girl group T-ara's bullying controversy, T-ara's Soyeon has stopped appearing in "Haeundae Lovers".

Soyeon has not appeared in "Haeundae Lovers" as her role as Kim Gwansoon since episode 8, which aired on the 28th. Currentyly, the 14th episode is airing and her character is still not appearing.

It's less likely that Soyeon will appear in episode 15 or 16 either. On the 20th, the cast will shoot it's final episode yet on the 17th, T-ara and Soyeon will be leaving for Hong Kong for a large-scale showcase.

On the 13th, an official said via a telephone conversation, "There are no scenes for her to film. Her role was minor and originally had an enemy that helped introduce the plot, but as the end came closer her role faded out."

Source: http://news.nate.com.../20120914n02781

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

"There are no scenes for her to film. Her role was minor and originally had an enemy that helped introduce the plot, but as the end came closer her role faded out." --- just a load of bull. Soyeon's character just disappeared out of no-where, while it was last showed that she was still in Busan. She can't just disappeared for no reason. I guess SBS isn't the only network that is scared of the antis.

incredible, Television broadcast companies in Korea are so unprofessional and coward. First Eunjung and now Soyeon, Korea is treating T-ara as assasins for rumours and even Hwayoung has asked people to stop and she forgave and accept she did wrong but Korea wants the scandal to be true so they can relief their frustrations as society over this girls, I know Korea is not the only country that makes this, but is the country in wich T-ARA is and one of the countries in wich more celebrities had commit suicide for example because of pressure from media and the public and the net bullies.

"There are no scenes for her to film. Her role was minor and originally had an enemy that helped introduce the plot, but as the end came closer her role faded out."

Sometimes you have to take a risk and you have to use your head too, that's making you successful.

These Korean television networks are too scared to lose their precious ratings percentage and that's why they cut of Soyeon's part,

it's a cowardly act of greediness, I really wanted to see more of Soyeon though.

On the 13th, an official said via a telephone conversation, "There are no scenes for her to film. Her role was minor and originally had an enemy that helped introduce the plot, but as the end came closer her role faded out."

Is this the truth? coz i didn't watch HL entire episode (i hope this is the truth)... but if not then *sigh* another after effect of the controversy then...

K-Netizens have so much power over their media. It also doesn't help when it's a female thats affected. On the otherhand, male idols get let off the hook for much harsher problems because "omg oppa didn't meant it, oppa didn't do it". Seriously, K-Netizens, smh.

I know. Male idols like BIGBANG get in drug scandals and manslaughter (!), but netizens make up a rumor that T-ara are bullies and it almost destroys them

That's a lame excuse. And i've stopped watching haeundae lovers because of Sso's absence. Sounds very superficial i know. But i doubt cutting Sso out gets new viewers into the drama when it's already near halfway through the serial with her appearances. Nevertheless, I believe the girls will get appreciated for all their hardwork one day <3

the pd of that drama say that she would cut her scenes and since she/he got crit. For that matter she just cut her from the drama (my personal point of view) so whatever, Soyeon has better things to do and for sure she will have better rolles

I really don't think this should come off as a surprise - after all, this is a drama production here. If someone's part of a nasty scandal, there's no doubt that the staff are bound to cut off all ends. Regardless of how 'greedy' of SBS for ratings and such, keep in mind that dramas are meant for entertaining the masses of viewers. Not pissing them off. I'd even say SBS is playing safe here and had it been any other group involved in such a scandal on par with what T-ara went through, it would be no different.

On the other hand, one should also note that at least Soyeon gets a lighter workload. Filming for a drama and doing performances for a song at the same time period is NOT easy and very taxing - Jiyeon can testify to that just fine.

I know. Male idols like BIGBANG get in drug scandals and manslaughter (!), but netizens make up a rumor that T-ara are bullies and it almost destroys them

I believe the difference between what Big Bang got in through in comparison with T-ara is that how the overall situation was handled regardless of the severity of the crime and double standards - I don't know enough about YG but Daesung stopped all activities for somewhere around half a year and went the usual path a celebrity would have done (apologize ASAP, followed by volunteer work) but in the case of T-ara, the apology came rather late and CCM's laughable statements didn't help one bit except make them receive a further amount of public anger.

Personally, I still think there's a certain chance that some form of bullying (or rather outcasting/ostracising) may have occurred a while back. As you mentioned in your articles, they've been put in a hellish work environment and the only crook responsible for that is none other than KKS.

As expected they did these same situation with jungie's removal of the show. I hope I can see Sso again in the HL. D**n netizens they are so bad, they all doing this to ruin T-ara. She's really good in acting as a fresher in acting. I miss T-ara in a variety show, but not this time. T-ara Fighting. :)

yeah well this really didn't come off of as a surprise seeing as she hasn't really appeared in the past few weeks. Sorry to say this but the drama isn't really interesting if it weren't for sso i wouldn't be following it so i guess i'll just drop it.

On the lighter note it may have given her a lighter workload so i'm okay with that.

k medias and netizens are so damn unfair. when comes to girl group, they bash them without any proof and destroy them but when comes to boy group they defend them although there are solid evidences. stupid korean fangirls. what's wrong with their brain??? i'm speechless -__- poor T-ara

soyeon don't worry i believe next time you will get another drama project. i hope the best for you.

This may be a wild guess but has anyone thought that Soyeon may have withdrew on her own or CCM pulled her out deliberately?

If you all remember, the scriptwriter for Haeundae Lovers clearly blamed CCM and KKS for poorly handling the scandal. KKS very likely would have been pissed to see someone smart enough to know who's at bigger fault here. Not saying it happened, but the certainty is possible. CCM's one hell of a shady company, after all.

I don't see antis or the general public are the only ones to point fingers in regards to T-ara.

If they did that for the sake of their precious rating than I hope they learned about what happened to 5 Fingers XD

Once again we, as T-ara international fans, considered to be invisible by those fools. I really wish there are more ways to open up their eyes, show them that the girls are loved and deserve better treatment.

Do these people take us viewers as fools??? They've cut her part and her character overall in the drama, and they think that we would believe the xxxx that they're telling us?? Why?? because people/fans might make a big deal out of it and then they're drama will be ruined? I'm pretty sure that's why they decided to make her character disappear, hoping that we wouldn't notice....

Stuff all those drama PD's ! Hopefully T-ara can overcome their problems without the help /pressure from these sick people !

T-ara Hwaiting ~ Queen's will forever be behind you girls !! STAY STRONG ~