Diadem Forums

[12.09.14] Why has T-ara's Soyeon not appeared in "Haeundae Lovers" since episode 8?

nathaniel

Okay, let's go through the events focused on Soyeon and Haeundae Lovers, shall we, . . .

July 31st, . . .

Soyeon did not attend the press conference for the show due to other scheduled events, prior to T-ara's Japan concert, and was noted that this was her first time acting in a drama.

August 1st, . . .

Imperial Palace Hotel, Haeundae Lovers Press Conference, Director Song praises Soyeon and her efforts, and hopes the "misunderstanding" is resolved soon. "Production had already started" and there's no point in removing her from the show.

August 6th, . . .

First episode of Haeundae Lovers is aired.

August 13th, . . .

Soyeon is injured in a vehicle accident due to the road and weather conditions. It was later stated after receiving emergency treatment, she strained her neck, where the ligaments and muscles were stretched, or possibly torn. The next few days later, she tries to leave the hospital more than once, despite her condition.

August 20th, . . .

Soyeon is able to resume her duties for Haeundae Lovers.

August 24th, . . .

It was reaffirmed that Soyeon's role is a minor one, and has been limited since the beginning.

Disregarding the truth or falsity of the T-ara debate, I hope that they can take this opportunity and become even more united. Personally, I also have worries as to whether T-ara will disband because of this. When I do sports, I also gain energy from listening to T-ara's songs.

August 29th, . . .

Actress Kim Hye Eun publicly supports her fellow cast member, Soyeon, while pointing out the "misunderstanding" of the tweets.

September 13th, . . .

Today, . . . it was announced that Soyeon fulfilled her contract to the drama. Given the time frames, it appears reasonable that Soyeon did complete her duties successfully without any more problems. I don't see any reasons to be overreacting, let alone be surprised by what the official spokesperson said over the phone. This is Soyeon's first drama acting role after all, besides her cameos back in 2010 for SBS's Giants and KBS's Master Of Study.

I watched 2 eps. & dl up to ep5.. Guess I'm going to delete them.. (wasted time that I could've been downloading 1000th Man). I thought CCM had clout in this drama since they have several of their talent there.. They should've threatened to pull out all their actors out of the drama..

"There are no scenes for her to film. Her role was minor and originally had an enemy that helped introduce the plot, but as the end came closer her role faded out."

bla.. bla.. bla.. whatever

Our T-ara will shine again, brighter than before B)

I watched 2 eps. & dl up to ep5.. Guess I'm going to delete them.. (wasted time that I could've been downloading 1000th Man).

1000% agree

sorry i wouldn't buy this...

i mean, okay, it is acceptable that she is busy for HK showcase so she couldn't film for the last episode, but

episodes 8-14 is just way too many scenes that she didn't appear!

HL PD might really cut off her scenes :(, so unprofessional...

Her last scene is in the wedding, or better when gilbalhan chicken sponsor some food for her film...

Even she is just a minor character, she is still part of it!!! Geonil is also a minor character but he is still there, and other members too :|... so definitely i wouldn't but their BS explanation!

Now if we all got a copy of the original script to match it with what was aired on television, in which it details exactly how many scenes our Soyeon had before production started, we can all find out whether or not the production staff reduced her air time. Although it won't be clear even if any changes are discovered, as to the reasons being a story/character developing modifier, or solely based on the T-ara misunderstanding.

i haven't watch HL, but what's soyeon's role exactly? even if she's just a minor character, it's really weird how her character just disappeared like that. give us a better excuse, please. at least this one happened with each other's consent (probably) since there's not much fuss over this.

sometimes i dont get why these people are willing to edit and change original the story plot/scenes just because of the controversy. isn't that unprofessional towards film/drama-making as an art?

Firstly, we're not sure about the changes being driven solely by the "misunderstanding", or a change to better fit the dynamics of the story. In a way, it can be construed from that point of view. The thing is, we're not sure whether or not, the changes, if there were any, are merely based on the complaints they have been getting lately.

lol I was just about to start the 7th episode. Guess I'm dropping HL after the 8th. I really didn't find it all that entertaining to watch anyways... I always anticipated Soyeon's parts, Oh well! We still have "The Thousandth Man" to look forward to guys :) Hyomin and Soyeon, fighting!!

their explanation is so silly. even though she had a minor role, she was still a part of the family. so all of a sudden, they're going to pretend like she never existed? she could have still appeared for like a minute each episode.

netizens like to act like they have so much power by threatening to boycott, but at the end of the day, people are still going to watch. those kids aren't the ones watching dramas.

I know. Male idols like BIGBANG get in drug scandals and manslaughter (!), but netizens make up a rumor that T-ara are bullies and it almost destroys them

Did you really have to bring Big Bang into this???? I am a fan of T-ara and stood by them during their scandal, but I am a VIP and I don't think bringing any other group into this is right. Daesung was unfortunate to be in an accident and GD accepted his mistake. The difference between T-ara and Big Bang and I'm sorry to say this but its that VIP's are a loyal fandom and YG handled things the right way. I know that you are a T-ara fan and this site is dedicated to T-ara but that is not a reason to trash other groups when they didn't do anything to T-ara.

Did you really have to bring Big Bang into this???? I am a fan of T-ara and stood by them during their scandal, but I am a VIP and I don't think bringing any other group into this is right. Daesung was unfortunate to be in an accident and GD accepted his mistake. The difference between T-ara and Big Bang and I'm sorry to say this but its that VIP's are a loyal fandom and YG handled things the right way. I know that you are a T-ara fan and this site is dedicated to T-ara but that is not a reason to trash other groups when they didn't do anything to T-ara.

I don't think "TheProphetBlog" meant to attack big bang or any other grup . He just make an example of differen t reaction from natizens.

Anyway, we are OT.