Diadem Forums

[ISSUE] T-ara Accused of Copying Past SNSD Outfit for Recent Comeback Stage

lillollipop12

T-ara has found itself swimming in another controversy.

The girl group recently held a pre-recorded comeback stage on Mnet’s M Countdown on September 6.

However, the next day, one user spotted something interesting and shared it on an online community message board under the title, ‘T-ara’s Sexy Love, borrowing their outfits from SNSD?′

A comparison picture showed a picture of T-ara’s comeback stage for Sexy Love on M Countdown along with a picture of the Girls′ Generation (SNSD) members at last year’s SM Town Tokyo concert.

56772315.jpg

The outfits worn by both groups were nearly identical in style and color, bringing T-ara under fire for allegedly copying SNSD’s outfits.

T-ara’s dance version of its music video for Sexy Love was also previously criticized for being similar in dance concept to SNSD’s music video for Gee.

Photo Credit: Mnet, SM Entertainment

If I did anything wrong on this article please inform me and I'll correct it.

Blame the stylists.....what the girls had anything to do with this???

Come on....these people are really......

lmao I was thinking the EXACT same thought. People are just band-wagoning (if that word even exist) on this hatred toward T-Ara in my opinion. One way for them (the creator of these silly controversies) to gain "public" attention.

lmao I was thinking the EXACT same thought. People are just band-wagoning (if that word even exist) on this hatred toward T-Ara in my opinion. One way for them (the creator of these silly controversies) to gain "public" attention.

Why u and me keep on thinking the same??? =)))))) U're ma long lost brother or wat??? :lol:

Why u and me keep on thinking the same??? =)))))) U're ma long lost brother or wat??? :lol:

Lol it's not even something that people should think about. It's common sense to know that stylists pick the clothes for their idol groups lol. I feel like Korean news is turning into Yahoo! news, a site filling with like half of the articles that doesn't even matter nor does it makes any sense.

It doesn't really matter if you think about it. Look at it this way, if someone really took the time to do some research, they would be able to find someone copying someone else, or taking someone else's idea. All I'm trying to say is that themes, concepts, visuals, ANYTHING, can be found to look like something else.

Lol it's not even something that people should think about. It's common sense to know that stylists pick the clothes for their idol groups lol. I feel like Korean news is turning into Yahoo! news, a site filling with like half of the articles that doesn't even matter nor does it makes any sense.

Hands down to that brother.......Hatizens are overwhelming nowadays on Knews sites....

when i first saw this article somewhere else, i only *face palmed* and laugh about how people think it's like t-ara's fault.

definitely t-ara just wear outfit their designers gave them... and plus i don't see anything wrong having same design of outfit... it is not like a sin, right?

that stylist might be a fan of britney or snsd that's why she thought this is great, or maybe, w/o even knowing someone already wore this costume but only get the idea in somewhere (like a soldier costume oftentimes seen during christmas) and thought this suits the concept.

tsk. everyone is copying everyone. what's the deal with that? to me it's just netizens picking every single thing about t-ara. if anything, this is kim kwangsoo's fault. to me, he's at fault for everything. every. thing.

I wouldn't say he's at fault for this particular case (the costumes on stage that is) but other than that, yes, he's the biggest one at fault.

It's actually quite sad to see both fans and antis throw stones at each other while being largely ignorant that they share a common enemy, who used T-ara as a scapegoat to shield himself (mostly anyway since there's a clear small number of folks that know the real deep root of the issue).

Wow I've never actually realized the similarities between their outfits until I saw this thread. But I do not see the similarities between Sexy Love and Gee tbqh... >__>

Any "possible" issue related (although it can be like 99% non-related) to T-Ara will be hot news. What is better to keep a fire running than adding more fuel to it. The media is quite pro at that.

Although really, the stylists could have thought up of something else >___> What were they even thinking?

Now we see creativity flying out of the window lol.

Well - if you look at circus dompteurs (no idea if that is the correct translation^^) you'll see that those (often) wear black trousers, a red coat with gold details.

So the outfit is just a sexy version of that - since Sexy Love's setting is robot/circus.

Examples of what I mean:

http://www.clownpepi...wn-dompteur.jpg

http://www.fete-peti...161-93916_1.jpg

http://csimg.webmarc...de-dompteur.jpg

Why can't the past influence the present and inspire the future? Isn't that what history is all about? With all forms of art, there are many cues taken from the past. Fashion and music follow trends and there's nothing wrong with bringing back past styles. I'm sure all these "astute" netizens pointing out the "plagiarism" have always had original ideas of their own <_<

honestly whats wrong with that outfit.the stylist is the one who made them wore those clothes.

some netizens are really dumb.they will make anything about t-ara look worst

honestly whats wrong with that outfit.the stylist is the one who made them wore those clothes.

some netizens are really dumb.they will make anything about t-ara look worst