Diadem Forums

[12.09.16] T-ara offered to receive best top star treatment in Hong Kong, "Politely declined"

nathaniel

Hong Kong concert officials said T-ara will receive the best VVIP service while there, including using one member per car, which would be Lamborghinis, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls Royces and Ferraris.

wow... that was super nice line up cars... but doesn't fit our girls :P, they must on the same vehicle so they can chit chat, have a laugh together :P

Guest cruzer1979

the world is very strange place... t-ara get bash from their own country but get luxurius treatment from other country... hmmm... its weird... so i think t-ara better promote outside korea ...becouse netizen in korea so stupid dont see the pure innocent diamond... ...stupid netizen...

I think having a sold out showcase despite all the controversies and all the support their getting made T-ara so happy already.. And it's for the better they decline so that some Knetizens won't make a big deal out of it again.. i also heard / read some where that Hong Kong queens & even China Queens is really making an effort for this showcase buying lights sticks, placards & fanchants to shout...

i think it is a good idea to promote first on other countries before making a comeback again in Korea.. Korea haven't really forgotten the bullying controversy yet so lying low there first was the best idea... Even Khun whose controversy were pretty much forgotten already is still not visible in public because JYP knows it's best for him to lie low for a bit...

For me, I don't really care much about those treatments, whether if it's a propaganda by CCM or not.

Just let it be a trip that would ease their minds and body, that would be more than enough. :)

I hope they will have a successful concert in HK. That will make me very happy.

wow so cool :wub: :wub: :wub: , now I wonder what will Malaysia concert officials provide them...hope it's not too bad ahhhhhh

In my opinion , i think Malaysia can't offer the same treatment as Hong Kong did . But still hoping they will receive the best treatment in Malaysia . Tsk , so sad cuz i can't go to their showcase T_T.

Wow! They really deserve top star treatment. I'm glad this offer was made. Daebak HK!

It's also nice that they politely declined, otherwise some netizens would probably cook up another story against them.

It's enough to know that HK is willing to treat them well, like they should to any celebrity, especially foreign artists, and set aside whatever controversy they had in the past.

It's courtesy. I applaud HK for that. I hope Korea can learn from HK in terms of courtesy to celebrities and guests.

This heavily reeks of publicity stunt

Seriously. On the one hand, it does demonstrate he's still bothering to make any kind of effort to cast them in a positive light (I've been wondering about Mr. Kim's efforts with regards to T-ara lately) - on the other hand, it's kinda like the "trainee refuses endorsement deals; focuses on singing and dancing practice" scheme I've heard he's done multiple times. Which means this is just smoke and mirrors - Mr. Kim/CCM tweaking events to manipulate the truth for effect. Because no matter what is true in this - and how those things are true - in the end the only reason this gets released to the news outlets is to make the girls look good. And that becomes problematic in that it demonstrates something about the company culture. To cut myself short, it's like if you gave money or food to a beggar and started telling people about it to try to impress them.

And again, that company culture takes most of the credit for most of the problems that T-ara's had that the fans complain about - and the other problems are usually made worse by the company's culture. And the more things stay the same over there, the more troubles the T-ara members have to deal with, the more drama the fans have to put up with.

At the very least, though, I hope the ladies have their fun, even if I more hope they find some way to improve their situation.

T-ara's 3,000 showcase in Hong Kong was sold out...

T-ara will receive the best "$700,000" (USD) treatment...

Seriously?

The tickets were $1000(HKD) & $700(HKD)

That's $129 (USD) & $90 (USD)

Let's say ALL of the 3,000 tickets sold for the maximum price of $129 (USD)

3,000 x $129 (USD) = $387,000 (USD)

So the Hong Kong concert officials were going to pay $313,000 (USD) out of pocket for their VIP treatment, make no money on the concert, and still have to pay CCM... whatever...

I love T-ara, but I'm so sick of all the BS... :(

PR-stunt or not.. well thats debatable.

However, I'm glad they declined that offer, the one thing I'm really proud of as an Kpop-Fan in general is the non-existence of Diva-like attitudes like from Beyonce Knowles and Mariah Carey (just to name two). But in the US of A such an attitude is a given because everyone gets pampered to much in the bizz. (just my 2 cents)