Diadem Forums

[ISSUE] T-ara

lillollipop12

Yet another controversy is bubbling for T-ara.

Perhaps another reflector that many in the public are still feeling negative sentiments towards the group, T-ara’s recent comeback album, Mirage has been seeing its ratings by online users take a nose dive while accompanied with a slew of negative reviews.

Taking a look at music sites such as Melon, the album could be seen with a humiliating 0.5 stars rating out of a total 5 stars despite close to 60,000 individuals having rated the album. Since the album’s release,Mirage has been receiving, on average 2 to 3 stars per rating. However, since the recent ”black ocean”performance in Jeju Island, sentiments have seemingly become even more sour with raters now giving the album, on average, 1 to 2 stars.

19719384.jpg

Sifting through some of the close to 14,000 reviews, a large portion of the user reviews also turned up negative for the album.

Netizens responded to this latest controversy saying, “Their comeback was much too soon”, “Their comeback has been an utter failure” while other expressed their support saying, “Be strong, T-ara.”

Photo Credit: Melon

Link to Article: http://global.mnet.com/news/newsdetail.m?searchNewsVO.news_id=201209101722_14638

Again if I did anything wrong please tell me and I'll fix it

Well, they're not wrong that the comeback was far too soon.

I would have suggested roughly 2-3 months at the least but no, there's little to no good fans should expect from CCM. The problem is that both fans and antis have easily swallowed up CCM's idiocy and are pelting mud at each other when it's pretty clear that KKS has done far more damage to T-ara in the first place than antis could ever hope to par with.

External damage is one thing but internal damage is another. The former can at least whither away as time flies but the latter? No.

Their comeback was much too soon --- does NOT reflect the quality of the album itself. Invalid.

Their comeback has been an utter failure --- while it's not successful, it does NOT reflect the quality of the album. Irrelevant, therefore invalid.

The thing that we don't need (unfortunately most of them are) are bias reviewers. Reviewers should be ones with moderate opinion that actually review the content at which they're reviewing rather than bashing. All this rating showed to me is that the public has not yet forgiven T-Ara for whatever they committed(?). But that doesn't mean a dam thing to me personally, although I hope this is a good lesson for that KKS to think about the consequences of his stupid actions next time around.

To me sales figures are more meaningful than online reviews/ratings. Sales reflect the acceptance of their work by public while reviews/ratings are often given so casually without much considerations involve, esp when done by regular netizens.

And by this measure, this comeback is not a failure, tho not as successful as their earlier ones.

The comments about the comeback being way too soon are true but I don't think something like this should reflect the rating. Just because you don't like an artist and give it a low rating, doesn't mean the song is bad. The sales for sexy love aren't even doing bad, so if it weren't for the controversy I think it would've done just as well as their previous songs, proving that ratings and reviews don't mean much.