Diadem Forums

[12.09.27] T-ara's Ham Eunjung suing SBS "Five Fingers" producers for 140 million won

nathaniel

Well that escalated quickly.

I'm curious as to how this'll turn out and see whose side the public will take. Hell, for all we know, the producers will likely have SBS's backing and going up against a broadcasting company (one of the biggest ones in Korea, to be exact) isn't going to be a walk in the park. Hell, these companies have just as much influence in the showbizz as the Big 3 agencies do because they decide what's shown and what's not - and will very likely play hardball.

I really doubt Eunjung's the only one who made the decision to sue these guys.

I wonder what cards CCM is playing now. It's hard for me to believe this decision is made solely by Eunjung.

Which goes to say, any publicity is good publicity for that whacked company >__>. I really doubt Eunjung thought of this on her own, or even prepared for it in the long run.

I support Eunjung in this.

I don't really think anymore about the possible repercussions (ex. SBS-T-ara relations, further damage to reputation, further damage to her acting career, etc.)

It's Eunjung's right to sue those producers for such an unjust and unfair treatment.

It's her legal right.

I don't understand why some people are afraid that this move would just further damage her reputation or would bring more bad publicity. I mean, her reputation was damaged already, what should she be afraid of? Let me clarify. What I mean is it's stupid for a victim of injustice to back down for fear of further damaging her reputation or for fear that her relationship with SBS will be ruined. How will she get justice and prevent future injustices if she will just stay quiet? She has to do something. There has to be an action. It's unfair if the wrongdoers would be able to run away like nothing happened. Besides it's not like she's doing it only for herself. She's doing it to prevent such unfair treatment of actors in the future. Even KEMA supported Eunjung. It's about actors' rights. Put anyone in her shoes, put your favorite actor in her shoes, or put yourself in her shoes, you would need some action to get justice for such an unfair treatment.

Also, that amount of money is not enough to repair the damage done to her, most especially her pride, career and reputation, not to mention all those time, effort, money, the piano she bought, being at the presscon (and her fans even sent rice wreaths!!! what a waste!), rehearsals and sleepless nights she spent for a role that was taken away from her without proper notice. The person suffered a lot from the T-ara controversy already and what they did to her was to further rub salt in the wound.

Clearly, those 5F production team has to pay. LOTS and LOTS.

And I don't care if 5F producers' actions were only about business/investment or what's best for the show. If you don't know how to treat people properly, your business is going down.

Also, I don't care if this legal action is what others say as just one of CCM's stupid moves or what. Yeah probably everybody hates CCM right now, so what?

What matters to me is Eunjung (and T-ara). It's about her dreams, it's about her career as an actress.

What matters to me is that 5F production team will pay the damages for their improper actions, and that they realize for themselves that their actions were really unfair and utterly wrong. (Ugh! I still remember how they were not even sincerely apologetic and how they were still cocky after removing Eunjung, their tone was like, sorry we had to remove her because our show has to move on and her agency is to blame for making things dirty and that agency should just shut up or else. Ugh! What an attitude! The nerve!)

For me, getting back at those unfair 5F producers is a crucial move to at least teach a lesson to Korea especially those haters and those who easily get swayed by malicious rumors against artists. Or at the very least, it's a lesson about treating people properly notwithstanding the rumors going around. No backstabbing. Basically it's a lesson about fairness, honesty and ethics.

Hoping and praying for a decision in favor of Eunjung.

Justice for Eunjung!!! Eunjung Fighting!!! :)

Other reports said that CCM is doing this on behalf of Eunjeung. I can't say if its a bright thing or not to get into a legal battle with mighty SBS right now (I suspect bias reporting coming T-ara's way) & the antis would probably eat this up and rage again..

But on the other hand... This may actually be bigger than just Eunjeung & T-ara. What she (or CCM) is doing is basically fighting for the rights of all entertainers in Korea. Five Fingers gave the middle finger to the trust actors gave producers when they dropped other projects to sign on a drama. This could & probably would happen to others also.

$125,000 is actually chump change for a law suit, it may even not cover the lawyer fees. But if Eunjeung wins she would basically give more protection and security for other actors in the future. If she lose, at least this will give this issue some public attention.

Whatever the result is she is a hero in my book.

If there is wrongdoing, justice must be served.

It is as much as a battle in the streets, as it is in the courts. As it was said in Gladiator, "win the crowd", then Eunjung's side must prove that her removal was illegal and that she was the victim in this case.

Reprisals? Maybe. Production companies would stop getting her or any T-ara member? A possibility. But if Eunjung won't take action, who would? And what happens if a similar case happen to another artist? I think Eunjung/T-ara may receive a backlash, but I applaud them nonetheless.

Eunjung fighting! T-ARA fighting!!

I will only pray for what's best for Eunjung (& the other girls) Idc about KKS & CCM.

All I know is that the one who made the decision for kicking Eunjung from 5F deserve the rating falls, the plagiarism fine and this.

And all those antis who cheered on Eunjung's leave from 5F now can suck their ****.