Diadem Forums

[12.10.20] Video - T-ara Confession

aleya

Guest cruzer1979

diadem please translate ... thank you so much... in advance .. t-ara fighting... be strong.. eunjung my love.. its so much to watch you cry ... and eunjung please be strong too

Aite guys and girls, I just went through the whole vid (robbe_881 - thank you very much for providing the HD version :D) and while I can't provide a full translation due to the length of the footage, I'll describe this out as best as I can (for those asking, I'm Korean here so the language is no barrier to me at all, though the music background could have been lower in audio so I may have not heard everything correctly - or maybe my speakers are just...well, ah whatever).

I really must say, I'm terribly sad to tell those who were expecting the girls to come forward regarding the scandal had expected too much. In fact, the first half of the video had nothing to do with 'confession' at all and was more set to their showcase in Malaysia.

When the group were altogether in the hotel room (after the ad break) where the subject regarding that mess was talked about, Hwayoung herself was not even directly mentioned and they were actually very, very vague as to what occurred and even then, spent a great deal of the second half of the show mostly talking about themselves and the group as a whole.

What Soyeon did however, admit (note - this has little to nothing to do with the scandal) is that way back in the BPBP days, the group was particularly starved and forced into something that may be seen as a severe diet up to the point that when other idols or singers that were their seniors (in terms of how long they were in the industry) usually left behind leftovers after performances, the girls actually grabbed as much as they could - particularly snacks and gimbap, shoved such food in their pockets and even ate them in the toilets to avoid getting caught.

That....is pretty darn nasty. When Areum says that what she's going through doesn't even amount to even one bit of what T-ara had to go through since debut, Soyeon then lets out that there were quite a lot of moments that the members cried.

Basically, the title of the show 'Confession' is rather quite misleading. In fact, none of the members look even willing to spill anything in detail at all - in other words, what exactly transpired. I'd even go to say it did little to nothing to actually contradict what antis, netizens believe.

And why? The most likely reason is that what they say is being filtered and monitored by a certain someone (no prizes to guessing who that is). CCM is part of Mnet Media itself (and Mnet Channel is the one broadcasting this) - there's no way they'd let anything in detail be told at all, no matter how much T-ara wants to speak out for themselves without internal consequences.

All in all, it's rather disappointing, even for me who didn't expect much out of it.

If anyone wants to ask for more details of what they said, feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Edit: I also forgot to mention this - the members, Hyomin and Soyeon in particular, have said that they're worried for us fans as well. Whether if they actually know how divided the fandom has become or simply that they're concerned with the crap we had to pull over with from antis or netizens as a whole is debatable, as they were quite vague with this too.

Hope there will be a subbed version too.I am going to use the content to fire back the haters in Allkpop.

I understand how you feel about the haters in AKP but honestly, there isn't much that can be done about that place. It's best to ignore the people there.

Besides, the fandom in general has been pissed off with CCM a LOT this year and the last thing they need to do is be concerned with a group of people behind the keyboard throwing mud all over the place. They're only going to laugh back at you if you fight back, hence creating a fanwar, something that isn't necessary at current.

Aite guys and girls, I just went through the whole vid (robbe_881 - thank you very much for providing the HD version :D) and while I can't provide a full translation due to the length of the footage, I'll describe this out as best as I can (for those asking, I'm Korean here so the language is no barrier to me at all, though the music background could have been lower in audio so I may have not heard everything correctly - or maybe my speakers are just...well, ah whatever).

I really must say, I'm terribly sad to tell those who were expecting the girls to come forward regarding the scandal had expected too much. In fact, the first half of the video had nothing to do with 'confession' at all and was more set to their showcase in Malaysia.

When the group were altogether in the hotel room (after the ad break) where the subject regarding that mess was talked about, Hwayoung herself was not even directly mentioned and they were actually very, very vague as to what occurred and even then, spent a great deal of the second half of the show mostly talking about themselves and the group as a whole.

What Soyeon did however, admit (note - this has little to nothing to do with the scandal) is that way back in the BPBP days, the group was particularly starved and forced into something that may be seen as a severe diet up to the point that when other idols or singers that were their seniors (in terms of how long they were in the industry) usually left behind leftovers after performances, the girls actually grabbed as much as they could - particularly snacks and gimbap, shoved such food in their pockets and even ate them in the toilets to avoid getting caught.

That....is pretty darn nasty. When Areum says that what she's going through doesn't even amount to even one bit of what T-ara had to go through since debut, Soyeon then lets out that there were quite a lot of moments that the members cried.

Basically, the title of the show 'Confession' is rather quite misleading. In fact, none of the members look even willing to spill anything in detail at all - in other words, what exactly transpired. I'd even go to say it did little to nothing to actually contradict what antis, netizens believe.

And why? The most likely reason is that what they say is being filtered and monitored by a certain someone (no prizes to guessing who that is). CCM is part of Mnet Media itself (and Mnet Channel is the one broadcasting this) - there's no way they'd let anything in detail be told at all, no matter how much T-ara wants to speak out for themselves without internal consequences.

All in all, it's rather disappointing, even for me who didn't expect much out of it.

Thanks!

Edit: I also forgot to mention this - the members, Hyomin and Soyeon in particular, have said that they're worried for us fans as well. Whether if they actually know how divided the fandom has become or simply that they're concerned with the crap we had to pull over with from antis or netizens as a whole is debatable, as they were quite vague with this too.

Thank you for giving us a general summary of this. I remembered looking at their debut days in comparison to now and thinking that they all looked so much healthier now. It's actually difficult sometimes for me to look at them back to their BPBP and Like the First Time days, because I'll notice how young and small they all are. Seriously, Hyomin in the LTFT music video looks skeletal after going through her make-over, the dress hangs off of her a little and her elbows and knees look really knobby. And she's always been slender, so for her to look particularly knobby means that something's wrong.

It's too bad that CCM is still keeping such tight control over them. *sigh* Their PR just sucks in terms of winning the public's trust.

Thank you for giving us a general summary of this. I remembered looking at their debut days in comparison to now and thinking that they all looked so much healthier now. It's actually difficult sometimes for me to look at them back to their BPBP and Like the First Time days, because I'll notice how young and small they all are. Seriously, Hyomin in the LTFT music video looks skeletal after going through her make-over, the dress hangs off of her a little and her elbows and knees look really knobby. And she's always been slender, so for her to look particularly knobby means that something's wrong.

It's too bad that CCM is still keeping such tight control over them. *sigh* Their PR just sucks in terms of winning the public's trust.

No problem at all haha. Just trying to do my little part :)

I would though say the opposite goes to Boram however. Compared to T-ara's early days, heck, even the LD and DBD promotions, Boram actually looks a bit sick and very skeletal herself, with the massive and unexpected weight loss in recent times up to the point she could probably seen as the current skinniest idol. Her legs look also terribly bruised for some reason, added with her fragile health not making things any better :(

I'm satisfied with this confession!!

A fangirl gave Riki to eunjung and when she was pushed away, All the member including T-ara's manager asked not to be so harsh to fans!!! Right after they entered airport, Eunjung said that she thought only the ones whom she saw at the beginning were the fans there but when she saw the crowd inside she was surprised!! Also during the interview she said " all fans together from a different country...thought it was not our first concert, but showcase.. to see us they showed so much support... I dont know, As much (support) we got, we wanted to gave them back but since we were unable to do that, I really feel sorry!!(excuse some of the mistranslation if there is any because I'm not korean)

What tore my heart was when hyomin said" these days we are just getting" and she was crying when My Princess Eunjung blowed down her head too... these days were really the most hard times of their lives when it's just a age to have fun and gather Happy memories ! BTW, the piano and guitar sound should have been more low!! Rather than making mood, it was irritating me! I couldn't hear properly!!

Trying to change the mood, they brought up happy memories they had but their facial expression!! They were really trying to be happy and cover their pain and tears with their smiles... I really feel poor of myself that i have to watch my fav group like this and the only thing I can do for them is to comment like this!! T-ara hwaiting!! Eunjung, hyomin, Soyeon, Jiyeon. Boram, Qri and Areum.. stay strong and Queen's will always be support and love you!! We are the most loyal fandom and will never leave you sides!!

T-Ara.Eunjung.28042111b.gifT-Ara.Eunjung.28042111b.gif

Alright.Let's be honest here.Am I disappointed with the video?Absolutely yes.Am I surprised?Definitely no.They certainly did not clear ANYTHING up.

When we got to know that Mnet (aww,no prize for guessing who's the CEO is?I'd win it for sure XD) gonna air T-ara's Confession,we should have known from the beginning that we should not expecting them to spill out some juicy gossips especially when they are still bounded by contracts.

Urgh,he's such a moron.Why did he do something stupid like this when people just started to forgetting T-ara's biggest controversy so date?He just rub salt on the wound and people will definitely use this reason to hate T-ara more.Poor girls,they can't do anything as if they're puppets being controlled by an evil dictator.

(Oh,by the way Scatter,thank you soo much for translating it to us even if it's not a full one.We appreciate your hard work :) )

I had expected that from the start.

I mean it's been only two months, and KKS still has them under a tight control.

But still, I don't want to see them cry. I remembered how bad I felt when the incident happened. It must have been a lot worse for all of them. I can still remember Hyomin and Eunjung press conference. I don't want to see that again..

I'll patiently wait for the subs. Thank you in advance.

And thank you for summarize the things they said for us. :)

There is nothing to learn in this video about the controversy... Nothing about the reasons of these tweets...

They only said : "We're sad, we're sorry, thank you for supporting us - and look at us crying -"

No wonder who's got the idea to release this...

Thanks!

It was already here!! thank for the translation bro!!

I watched this video with no expectation of hearing them talk about the controversy. Because we know they're still under CCM's control. So even if they want to, CCM would never let it happen. Even if CCM let them talk about it, anti fans and haters still won't change their stand. So I'm actually glad that they kept it vague.

I'm just glad that we get to see more of the girls besides their stage performance. I don't care if people complain that this "Confession" is a pathetic move, blah blah blah... TV shows can only satisfy certain groups of audience. If anyone doesn't like it, just don't watch it.

I think it will be long until they get offers to participate in variety shows again. So it's a good thing that Mnet has their own resource and channel to make and broadcast shows with T-ara in them. Hopefully this will be the case.

Well If they wanted to get our hopes up, and then piss everyone of hats of to you KKS you have proven once again that you fail at life. I wasn't expecting them to come forward either, with what actually transpired but damn this is just lame if anything this will just fuel the hatred towards them even more. It looks like CCM will sacrifice anyone to protect themselves. They have proven beyong a shadow of doubt how pathetic they really are.