Diadem Forums

[12.10.24] Director Cha EunTaek speaks about T-ara & Eunjung

kkyc222

[12.10.08] Director Cha Euntaek talks about T-ara & Eunjung in an interview with News 2 Day

20121008093845_5375.jpg

"The T-ara incident made me detest even more the way Korean society does not tell right from wrong"

Reporter: Recently, you've supported Eunjung through twitter and this became a hot topic. You didn't expect that right? What are your thoughts about the T-ara incident?

In response to the question that the reporter asked mindfully, Director Cha Euntaek surprisingly gave a calm and sharp response. Because of his message of support to Eunjung, Director Cha was also criticised by some netizens. Director Cha was the director for T-ara's MV's like Lovey Dovey, and so have known Eunjung for a long time. He understands Eunjung more than anybody else and truly feels sad and worried about Eunjung.

"Although my message wasn't left simply without thought nor was it left simply just to cheer her on, it still represented my worry and care for her. When she knew that she was casted for "Five Fingers", you wouldn't know how happy she was and how hard she worked in preparation. If I was a member of T-ara, I might have hidden away somewhere because of the pain. T-ara being ostracised by the public, this has made me really detest Korean society. I really detest those who, after someone's mistake, add insult to injury without first determining right from wrong. To be honest, I thought "Should I gamble my career in the entertainment industry and just say it all [and argue]? Just say it all on twitter?" I was really angry at the time."

"I've watched them grow since the T-ara members were still trainees. They are kids who have worked hard to become singers, and I was really hurt to see them criticised like that. Eunjung's message on twitter was actually really simple and pure. They cannot go out and play like other teenagers, but have to practise with all their might, running around to complete their activities. They cannot live like other kids of the same age, but are constrained by their work. They are kids who are more simple and pure than others of their age."

"At the time, I was really very upset. To see how the public, without understanding the circumstances, became so sure that there must have been bullying between them. I don't understand, there have been incidents in the past that were much worse, idols who have done illegal things, but why only treat T-ara with such harshness?"

About how his message of support for Eunjung caused a stir amongst netizens, Director Cha said: "Although we should criticise acts that are wrong, but to see people carelessly criticise and condemn acts that are right simply because of their own subjectivity and bias, I really could not carrying on living pretending that I did not see this in our society."

"Eunjung ah, you have to live with strength"

"I always talk with Eunjung, and she told me 'Because of Director-nim, I've gained a lot of strength." She cannot clarify everything that has happened, simply for the reason that they are all very close. In reality, their relationship is not what outsiders have portrayed it to be like, and they do not want each other to be criticised or blamed because of themselves. Because of this incident, they really cried a lot. I really can't bear to see them cry like that. I tried to find ways to comfort them, but I couldn't come up with any good ways but to say to them to live with strength. After Eunjung was forced out of "Five Fingers" I had once worried that she would do something stupid."

English translation from Chinese translation by Woojung Baidu:http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1941485235

Original Korean article: http://www.news2day....7a101c71aa3280d

"To see how the public, without understanding the circumstances, became so sure that there must have been bullying between them. I don't understand, there have been incidents in the past that were much worse, idols who have done illegal things, but why only treat T-ara with such harshness?"

"Although we should criticise acts that are wrong, but to see people carelessly criticise and condemn acts that are right simply because of their own subjectivity and bias, I really could not carrying on living pretending that I did not see this in our society."

Aah,I simply love these quotes.I hate it when T-ara's scandal were never confirmed but received hatred from almost all citizens in Korea (another example is Tablo) while some who involved in scandals that are far more serious can easily get away with that (but of course,it's not 100% true).

Although more than half of Korean citizens and KPOP fans still haven't forgive T-ara,I'm glad to see that these people (e.g: him and Hyomin's 1000th Man PD) still support T-ara through highs and lows.They know that even though they will get a lot of bashing for backing them up,they're not afraid to do so and I respect them for doing that.

We,QUEEN'S,just want to say thank you for still supporting our girls.I'm sure they really appreciate that.

"After Eunjung was forced out of I had once worried that she would do something stupid."

Whoa,that line scares me....Luckily she didn't.

A heartful of respect to Director Cha Euntaek!! This human(me) salutes you with respect not as fan of T-ara but as a human who really admire you mature and positive thoughts!! Not all people can gamble their career and DARE to speak like you!! A 90 degree blow from me!!

Grand salute to you and Proud to be a Queen's!! Just glad to see that many people(kpop staffs) are supporting My Princess and T-ara!!

Eunjung%2BT-ara%2BHello%2BTalk%2BShow%2BGIF(2).gifEunjung%2BT-ara%2BHello%2BTalk%2BShow%2BGIF(2).gifEunjung%2BT-ara%2BHello%2BTalk%2BShow%2BGIF(2).gifEunjung%2BT-ara%2BHello%2BTalk%2BShow%2BGIF(2).gifEunjung%2BT-ara%2BHello%2BTalk%2BShow%2BGIF(2).gifEunjung%2BT-ara%2BHello%2BTalk%2BShow%2BGIF(2).gif

netizens never know anything about T-ara but kept boasting as if they know more about T-ara than to those who had known T-ara for a long time. cha eun taek really knows T-ara well since they were trainees. I have often seen him support T-ara after that scandal and how he defends eunjung many times after she was kicked out from 5F. he didn't care with netizens/T-haters which maybe hate him as well. i was amazed by his courage and honesty.

aahhh.... he should become T-ara CEO instead KKS lol, he treats and understand them so well.

poor eunjung, i'm scared with the last lines, i hope she will be fine without doing "stupid things" (you know what i mean) ;____;

for 5Fingers --> please down, down, and down

I, of course, agree with him and applaud him. It's nice that someone still supports Eunjung & T-ARA. I wish more people would say something or at least get over it already. It isn't right to treat people like dirt just because you think they did something wrong -- but I won't get into that. Celebrities have done worse things and didn't receive so much hate as T-ARA have. It saddens me really that they've had to go through so much between constantly promoting, receiving hate and everything else.

Thank you PD-nim for spoke up and support T-ara & Eunjung. Antis will forever be antis & haters, they are forever stupid. They don't know how much they have hurt their own people. Idols are also human, they have feelings, they made mistake,...but they have regretted and apologized. Why treat them like that? T-ara & Eunjung didn't deserve all the hate. Those antis don't have lives and have nothing to do besides attacking T-ara, they are only happy when something bad happen to T-ara >.<.

So sad reading this about Eunjung and know how much she have been hurt and 5F add more to her wound. Even PD-nim think she might do something stupid back then :(. I feel like crying to know this, my poor Eunjung, she deserve better. But happy that there are still many people support her and T-ara. And now they all starting to get better and trying to get back on their feet. So those antis better stop attacking them, leave them alone, go live your own lives antis. T-ara and Queen's don't need people like you guys in our lives!!!

T-ara and Eunjung fighting!!!

SUPPORTS!!!! Netizens are netizens afterall.....=.=... Someone have spoken for them!! I guess when your country is big...there are alot of these kind of netizens who condem thinking they know alot....they are not queens!! but they think they know more than Queens!!! I really really hope that T-ara will gain strength from this!! Live with Strength! Live with pride! Live with conscience!

Though they said that they feel very sorry about always letting Queens be worried about them....but no matter how much...i believe queens will always tell them to push on! Fighting!

Yes! Another T-ara Supporter with an inside track about our girls. Bless this man. I wholeheartedly agree with what he's saying here. It is quite unfortunate that people misunderstood those tweets, and even more worse when it spun out of control with harsh speculations and false accusations, creating a shadow of evil doubt about all of them. As what I stated before to those going after the girls and the company, . . . "get a police investigation going."

Totally agree with what he's saying about T-ara's situation. It's completely unfair how the girls were/are being criticize. Sure the girls tweeted some things that people took out of context but hasn't everybody done something like that before. If a police investigations goes through I hope it ends out the way it ended for Tajinyo.

Guest cruzer1979

Please be strong eunjung and t-ara... please... honestly i cried when i read this article ...but its hurt most when pdnim said that he afraid that eunjung might do something after thrown out 5f (by the way now 5f get worst rating and get so many bad luck) ...seriously when i first hear this news i want to stay beside u too comfort u but i cant... but i knew that u hv true friend and your loyal kfan... so please eunjung... please be strong its hurt so much to see u like this.... just remember rainbow always came after heavy storm... eunjung i love u so much...

I really detest those who, after someone's mistake, add insult to injury without first determining right from wrong.

This is created by the very virtual world that we know as the internet. They won't be caught by any government body as their words won't be deemed dangerous, so why would they care about what they said?

The only thing that could stop people from mindless criticism (not sure if it can even be considered as criticism) is logic. But it's arguably much easier to think emotionally vs logically.

I share the director's feeling regarding this issue, but there's hardly anything we can do to change those minds, sadly.

Time to let things go...even though he does speak good about the girls, mostly Jungie. Still I think it's best right now for everyone not to mention anything regarding the controversy.

Even good words like this...will reminds people about the contro. Everyone had been tired, it's time we take a break from this....that's include the girls too. :)

Although they cannot clear up all the misunderstandings about T-ara as seen by haters, it is good enough for them to be by T-ara's side and let the girls know that there are people who will always be available when they need them.

Stay strong and move on, T-ara. You are worth more then those sick netizen who might not have done any significant achievement in their life than, well, criticizing

There are some words I agree and disagree with Mr Cha.

"I've watched them grow since the T-ara members were still trainees. They are kids that have worked hard to become singers, and I was really hurt to see them criticised like that. Eunjung's message on twitter was actually really simple and pure. They cannot go out and play like other teenagers, but have to practise with all their might, running around to complete their activities. They cannot live like other kids of the same age, but are constrained by their work. They are kids who are more simple and pure than others of their age."

"At the time, I was really very upset. To see how the public, without understanding the circumstances, became so sure that there must have been bullying between them. I don't understand, there have been"

I think he's referring to only Hyomin, Eunjung and Jiyeon, considering Boram, Qri and Soyeon were not trainees under CCM at any given point and the same goes for Hwayoung as well.

Also to say they're 'more simple and pure' than others of their age is a bit pushing far. While such words may fit into Jiyeon since she only turned 19 this year, Eunjung and Hyomin are in their early-mid 20s and have attended middle and high school just like any other teenager and I highly doubt they actually skipped school for training either (aside from after-school study hours which is compulsory in every high school minus the technical ones to a degree).

Considering the hellish work environment they're in however (and the industry in general as a whole), it's hard to believe they'd be 'simple and pure' minded people and not have conflicts with each other along the way. I don't think physical bullying as a highly likely chance but verbal abuse and ostracization are still certain and cannot be denied when it comes to a third party's POV (namely fans, the average Joe and even those that don't like T-ara).

" If I was a member of T-ara, I might have hidden away somewhere because of the pain. T-ara being ostracised by the public, this has made me really detest Korean society. I really detest those who, after someone's mistake, add insult to injury without first determining right from wrong."

This I agree with - the first sentence. They should have laid low and let time heal the damage while also apologizing ASAP (of course, CCM didn't bother about this until it was simply too late when the damage was done).

Though I think what Mr Cha may have specifically meant is Korea's online community, not Korean society as a whole. The online community itself played a severe and lethal role a while back, ultimately leading to Choi Jinsil's suicide, coupled with other factors.

"About how his message of support for Eunjung caused a stir amongst netizens, Director Cha said: "Although we should criticise acts that are wrong, but to see people carelessly criticise and condemn acts that are right simply because of their own subjectivity and bias, I really could not carrying on living pretending that I did not see this in our society."

Gold star, 10/10. Antis aside, it's also highly discerning to see T-ara fans blame Hwayoung and Hwayoung's fans blame T-ara, opening a new path to sheer idiocy from both sides.

oh my god, i love him! especially for putting himself and his career out there to defend our helpless girls. TTATT and i totally agree with him. After this scandal ive come to the conclusion that most of kroean society IS backward and will viciously eat you alive if you get out of line or was thought to. before this i was like... give them time, not all of them are like this, it's just some crazy netizens. but NOPE! no more excuses!

I think Cha Euntaek direct told right. T-ara's incident not seriously but everybody boycott T-ara although they don't know truth. It's like a wave. everybody to side rumor. T-ara was hurt. That was their consciousness. Now, I want to say Let's be strong T-ara. Queen's always beside u♥

Yeap! THIS is what the REAL insider said! He knows T-ara since trainee seasons... And damned, his words so wise.. glad somebody is on T-ara's side in Korea... GO CHA EUN TAEK-nim!!! I SUPPORT YOU ALL THE WAY!!

And believe it or not, despite how strong EUnjung look like and how optimistic she is always, I had the same worry as him "Eunjung might do something stupid" ... just to me, not js Eunjung bt other T-ara members too..

KKS Seriously needs to learn People Management skills or psychology skills.. Better still, someone introduce him a psychiatrist.. >_<

I really salute T-ara.. This case if happens to me, I'd already had mental breakdown... I did an experiment.. That experiment only lasted 2 days and I started crying my heart out and be all emo...

T-ARA THE STRONGEST MENTALITY IDOLS!!

"I've watched them grow since the T-ara members were still trainees. They are kids that have worked hard to become singers, and I was really hurt to see them criticised like that. Eunjung's message on twitter was actually really simple and pure. They cannot go out and play like other teenagers, but have to practise with all their might, running around to complete their activities. They cannot live like other kids of the same age, but are constrained by their work. They are kids who are more simple and pure than others of their age."

"At the time, I was really very upset. To see how the public, without understanding the circumstances, became so sure that there must have been bullying between them. I don't understand, there have been"