Diadem Forums

[12.11.10] T-ara's Dani, "Excited to wear a school uniform for the first time"

nathaniel

[12.11.10] T-ara's Dani, "Excited to wear a school uniform for the first time"

20121110000128_0.jpg

T-ara's Dani confessed that it was her first time wearing a school uniform when she started filming for the KBS drama "2013 School".

Her agency Core Contents Media said, "Dani was 14 years old and in elementary school in the United States and was on a vacation to Korea when she was cast. Since she's been here in Korea, the first time she's able to wear a school uniform is through the drama shooting."

Dani said, "It's amazing to wear a school uniform for the first time and shoot with my unnies and oppas. It's fun and feels like I'm really in school when we film."

Before debuting with T-ara, Dani was cast in "School 2013" which begins airing on December 3rd.

"School 2013" is written by Lee Hyunjoo and the PD is Lee Minhong who both worked for the original "School" and "Dream High". It stars Choi Daniel, Jang Nara, Lee Hanwi, Park Seyong, Kim Woobin and 5dolls Ryu Hyoyoung.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20121110n05836

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Dani said, "It's amazing to wear a school uniform for the first time and shoot with my unnies and oppas. It's fun and feels like I'm really in school when we film."

Yea well, generally speaking K-dramas aren't very good (actually, more like awfully terrible and cliche) at portraying what schools in Korea really are like, unless you count Jungle Fish 2, which may be the closest it gets to reality though even that has its flaws. The Dream High series and God of Study drama shouldn't be taken seriously at all when it comes to taking a look on how schools in Korea are actually like.

As one who's actually attended both middle and high school in Korea, it seems that Dani has little to no idea what Korean schools really are like. Glad I moved back to NZ to finish the remainder of my secondary education. No regrets, other than that I left a few good friends whom I'd never likely see again.

But how will she study in the future?

She can't stay in the US anymore so she'll need to go to Korea. But then she isn't even good at Korean.

Plus the schedules will screw up all of her studies

Well, I am aware that label companies do hire private tutors to help educate their young employees. Sometimes I like to call these types of courses the G.E.D. equivalent, but I won't be surprised to see and hear about Dani attending a private school that is able to give her the education needed from time to time, over there in Korea. As for the screwing up part, it is possible to schedule education classes for her, but it's really up to Dani to be able to handle it, should she decide to upkeep her studies. In any case, I'm sure we all want Dani to complete her education sooner rather than later, but the pace of learning is really up to her, since she has decided to become an idol, and it is possible for her to continue her education well into college while being in this career.

I am really excited for this drama i really cant wait !! And im glad Dani's joining next year rather than this year, coz then she'll be like BOA debuting at 13 (or 14 in korea) and other ppl can stop bitching about how young she is.

Wishing her all the best for the future ~

As one who's actually attended both middle and high school in Korea, it seems that Dani has little to no idea what Korean schools really are like. Glad I moved back to NZ to finish the remainder of my secondary education. No regrets, other than that I left a few good friends whom I'd never likely see again.

This is not related to the article but can i just say how awesome it is to see another Queen's who lives in NZ, i always thought there werent that many from here.

I am really excited for this drama i really cant wait !! And im glad Dani's joining next year rather than this year, coz then she'll be like BOA debuting at 13 (or 14 in korea) and other ppl can stop bitching about how young she is.

Wishing her all the best for the future ~

This is not related to the article but can i just say how awesome it is to see another Queen's who lives in NZ, i always thought there werent that many from here.

Lol, guess I'm not alone then haha.

On the other hand - I wouldn't think she's comparable with BoA's beginnings.

For one thing, BoA debuted as a soloist, not as a member of an already well-established group and SM at the time needed someone to get itself more revenue considering that HOT and SES had disbanded not long after - hence they dedicated a lot of resources to her and BoA herself actually was influenced to join the showbizz, mainly thanks to Seo Taiji. There's a reason why SM offered her a contract when she accompanied her brother in auditions - because she proved herself whereas Dani was just picked off the streets out of the blue.

Also note that BoA actually went through a decent amount of training as well - two years, as opposed to Dani who hasn't reached half that length and couldn't even speak Korean properly.

Yea well, generally speaking K-dramas aren't very good (actually, more like awfully terrible and cliche) at portraying what schools in Korea really are like, unless you count Jungle Fish 2, which may be the closest it gets to reality though even that has its flaws. The Dream High series and God of Study drama shouldn't be taken seriously at all when it comes to taking a look on how schools in Korea are actually like.

But dream high and god of study are pretty good dramas (: . Just that it doesnt really make sense how the students in GOS can easily get 100 marks after a few training camps ._.

Lol, guess I'm not alone then haha.

On the other hand - I wouldn't think she's comparable with BoA's beginnings.

For one thing, BoA debuted as a soloist, not as a member of an already well-established group and SM at the time needed someone to get itself more revenue considering that HOT and SES had disbanded not long after - hence they dedicated a lot of resources to her and BoA herself actually was influenced to join the showbizz, mainly thanks to Seo Taiji. There's a reason why SM offered her a contract when she accompanied her brother in auditions - because she proved herself whereas Dani was just picked off the streets out of the blue.

Also note that BoA actually went through a decent amount of training as well - two years, as opposed to Dani who hasn't reached half that length and couldn't even speak Korean properly.

I know that in terms of experience and skills Dani's no where near comparable to BoA, what i was saying is for people to stop bitching about how young (and i agree with this to a certain extent) Dani is to debut, because in most sites that is what a lot of people were directing their anger towards, the fact that shes young. Ofcourse im not completely fine with it as well but there is nothing anyone can do, and all we can do is hate her forever or support her. Yeah shes young, but no one really knows how good she is until she actually debut's. In terms of age, there are plenty of people debuting at a young age (whether debuting in a new or an already established group or as a soloist), so hating on Dani JUST because of her age is kind of unfair, take out their anger on the CEO, not the poor girl.

why is that they keep adding members to T-ara anyway CCM doesnt care about education they dont even give T-ara enough time to eat,sleep and rest

all they care about is earning money

Poor Dani I hope your body can keep up with your future schedule and about your studies maybe they could a tutor

why is that they keep adding members to T-ara anyway CCM doesnt care about education they dont even give T-ara enough time to eat,sleep and rest

all they care about is earning money

There's a number of reasons why label companies add members to their respective groups, which include expansion and longevity. Companies also support educational advancements for their employees as well, and offer classes too. It is really up to the artists themselves to decide if they are able and want to pursue their education continuation, while remaining employed with their choice career. I'm pretty sure Core Contents Media follows their nation's Constitution, . . .

1. All citizens shall have an equal right to receive education corresponding to their abilities.

2. All citizens who have children to support shall be responsible at least for their elementary education and other education as provided by Act.

3. Compulsory education shall be free of charge.

4. Independence, professionalism and political impartiality of education and the autonomy of university shall be guaranteed under the conditions as prescribed by Act.

5. The State shall promote lifelong education.

6. Fundamental matters pertaining to the educational system, including in-school and lifelong education, administration, finance, and status of teachers shall be determined by Act.

So, I do believe Core Contents Media, let alone every single label company in South Korea, absolutely cannot suppress the right to an education in the first place.

Interesting, I'm looking forward to see Dani. Hope she can fit with other people because she's still new to the culture.

And I guess she's getting more adorable every time I see her. A good sign for her as the next T-ara member. :)

But dream high and god of study are pretty good dramas (: . Just that it doesnt really make sense how the students in GOS can easily get 100 marks after a few training camps ._.

I think he meant by k-drama portraying the school life in Korea. I would expect school life to be more like in "Reply 1997"

Well, that's kind of resemble my school life anyway. :)

So, Dani will officially join T-ara in December? (or have they pushed it back even further?) Is that when they will release a new album or mini-album? T-ara is out promoting in Japan and having concerts in Vietnam so, this scheduling of theirs is excruciatingly difficult...how is Dani going to survive that plus attend school there in Korea? I wish Dani the very best of luck and hope she does very well; though I am still a bit on the darkside of things by way of wondering what she brings to T-ara? Ahreum is basicly another Hyomin, she is very pretty and has a very good voice but she no Soyeon. These additions to T-ara are still a bit of a mystery to me. Still wondering how strong Dani's vocal talents are.