Diadem Forums

[12.11.20] Quick News - Shinsadong Tiger, "Roly-Poly is named after Kim Kwangsoo's favorite candy"

nathaniel

[12.11.20] Quick News - Shinsadong Tiger, "Roly-Poly is named after Kim Kwangsoo's favorite candy"

201211210001120610_1.jpg

On the November 20th broadcast of SBS' "Strong Heart", T-ara's composer Shinsadong Tiger revealed the story behind creating "Roly-Poly". Shinsadong Tiger said, "I had a trip in Japan and it unexpectedly got extended, so the production schedule for this song was delayed. When I arrived in Korea, T-ara's CEO said "It's difficult because we're behind schedule now." I didn't even write a song yet, but he told me, "Start writing."

Shinsadong Tiger continued and said without doing anything, he went straight to T-ara's agency. Shinsadong Tiger said, "I went straight to their agency after arriving at Gimpo airport. We all gathered together and wrote a song but we all were saying 'song title... song title...' because we had no idea what to name it. But then I remembered something about T-ara's CEO (Kim Kwangsoo). He always had treats on his desk named Roly-Poly."

Shinsadong Tiger also revealed the story behind the dance of "Roly-Poly". "It's a lot from Boom at MC events. Boom did improvisation dances that we saw and it was so good. That's how 'Roly-Poly' dance was born."

Ha..ha.. this story is actually quite similar to how singer/song writer Wheesung wrote 'Bo Peep-Bo Peep' based on a brand of toilet paper. And then the company sent the girls a truck load of free toilet paper rolls (apparently its a sign of good luck in Korea) to celebrate their BoPeep-BoPeep comeback. Maybe it was KKS's favorite brand also? :D