Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Tell Good and Bad Things About T-ara

ZZuRRa

And by T-ara,you can also include CCM if you want.Allow me to start first.

GOOD THINGS

1)CCM is good at making ballads and the songs are too catchy to resist (Lovey Dovey,Roly Poly,BPBP,Fallin U).I can't help but singing along (or humming,to be exact,LOL). - but it still didn't change the fact that CCM is an incompetent company.

2)T-ara members are very pretty even for a girl like me.They don't need to be super sexy in order to attract the audiences and all of them have distinct characters and personalities.

3)And of course,they are good at singing too.The S.H.E (Soyeon,Hyomin and Eunjung) are main and lead vocalists respectively in that group for a reason.While I can't say they are the greatest singers among idols,I think it's safe to say they're relatively good especially when it comes to ballads (Good Person,I'm Okay,We Were In Love,Cry Cry ballad,Don't Leave,etc).

4)Although they certainly aren't certified to be called "real rappers" (like Tiger JK and his wife,Dynamic Duo,Leesang,etc),the rapping are quite appealing.I love songs such as Ma Boo,You You You,TTL,etc although I find the rap in Waeroni,RPRP and Bye Bye are a bit silly,LOL.

BAD THINGS

1)You guys lip-sync too much........It's super duper easy to tell if that group is lip-sync or not and I sometimes am quite disappointed in it.

2)KKS,more spotlight for the non Big 3!!!!Qri and Boram normally get 1-3 lines in MOST songs.Boram can sing,why don't you let her shine?Even if they aren't great,at least you can expose Soyeon,Qri and Boram to variety shows.Apart from the Big 3 (who involved in variety shows and acting),it's almost impossible to see them on shows alone - meaning without the rest of T-ara (although some can argue that Soyeon was in O!MS but it was short)

3)Last but certainly not least,please please please give them break!!Don't try to tell me they had already received one.The so-called holidays in France wasn't holidays for me as they need to work.A holiday means no working and no cameras following them around.Yes,they had received one week holiday.But it can't be compared to 3 years of working since they debut without any single break.It's absurd.I don't need to remind you how many times they have visited their third home,hospitals.KKS unofficial motto is "Don't stop till you drop!!"....

(I'm sorry if I miss anything else.I don't want to make this post a long one.Oh and,even if your points of view contradict others,of course you can argue but DO NOT try to correct them and forcing them to accept yours.Try to disscuss peacefully.Accept others and move on with your life.Thank you.)

Ooh lists!! Lemme join

Good:

- Preeeeety

- Songs are catchy

- Soyeon

- Jiyeon

- Suh-mexy

- Very fan oriented group

- Preeeeety

- Awesome concepts

- Non boring fanbase

- Did i already say Preeeeety

Bad:

- Kim Kwang Soo

- Doesn't go to my country

- Doesn't let me complete my day without seeing, listening or imagining something related to them

- Non boring fanbase (If you're on twitter, you know what I mean)

- Kinda snooty "official" fan groups

- Soyeon (for my marriage)

;)

This is fun.

Good:
- Combo of tear-jerking ballads and ear-worm songs.
- Pwettty and Sekshi
- Speak in cute English especially Hyomin (sekshi mouse)
- Unpredictable
- Chameleons
- Funny
- Persistent and hardworking
- Long drama-like mvs

Bad
- Too irresistible
- Lipsync. Urgh. (But I still love you)
- Turn me into a delusional and crazy fangirl
- Japanese album/singles, photobooks and showcase tickets are too expensive.

Good :

- Drama MVs.

- Jiyeon

- Different from other groups.

- All members above average look-wise

- Catchy songs

- Entertaining in variety shows (some members anyway)

Bad :

- Lipsync.

- Inability to sing good while dancing (most of the time)

- Keep making Japanese remakes

- CCM and KKS

- Weird outfits

- Jiyeon didn't sign for me (I am still and still will hold grudge for this)

- The never-ending members line up changes

- Seems like a sin for them to not include rap in songs

- Don't care about international fans.

- Official youtube channel is just there to look pretty...

That awkward moment when you realized you can list out more bad things than good things of your bias group....

Bad:

- Non boring fanbase (If you're on twitter, you know what I mean)

- Kinda snooty "official" fan groups

I'm not good in English,pardon me for that.So,would you mind elaborate what's the meaning of those two "bad things" that you'd listed?It kinda baffles me that the good thing that you'd listed was non boring fanbase and you wrote the same thing for the bad things.Is it a typo?

By the way - CCM doesn't do jack with producing. The producing can be outsourced to independent producers who get paid to do the job while distributing is done by LOEN. CCM only does the promoting.

Good

. Soyeon. Bias, not too sexy, not too cute, good singer in the idol community and a tough as nails.

. Boram. I just can't help but sympathize for her, plus she's SO CUTE!!!!! (squeals like a fanboy)

. Catchy songs (Okay, some anyway, at least in my taste). Then there's the kickass ones like TTL and Maboo.

. Tough as hell - must I say? With such schedules, they probably work even longer hours than an average soldier here in NZ every day.

They managed to live through the scandal and put up with constant crap from management. That's something worth damn respecting. One of the many reasons I'm enlisting is because I feel like a weakling compared to them.

. Their ballads are indeed enjoyable. The list is rather extensive.

. At least to me, they can go both sexy and cute or a combination of both, much like SNSD and Kara. No, it is not suited for kiddies still.

. Great outfits. Cry Cry, Lovey Dovey, Day By Day and Sexy Love (to some extent anyway) were particularly eye-grabbing. Plus their airport fashion is quite dazzling.

Bad

. KKS and CCM for obvious reasons. Terrible, TERRIBLE management.

. Lip-syncing and too much reliance on background track - even if they do sing, you can barely hear their voices, if at all.

. Lackluster performances - a lot of times, I feel they're not really there putting their best and just don't want to perform at all, but this is probably due to exhaustion - again, Crack-Crazy Moron should be blamed for this.

. Terribad line distribution during Cry Cry and LD in particular.

. No studio album since 2009. Come on CCM, enough with the constant flow of mini-albums and repackages. It looks like a sign of desperation just to gain a quick buck out of fans' pockets.

. Some of their fans. There's one in the forums who's gained notoriety here, obviously. Then there's people like soyeon-fanboy at Tumblr who makes liking T-ara look like something to be embarrassed about and gives the fandom a bad image. There's also some fans who overrate the group or their biases too much up to the point they're delusional and get butthurt with even the slightest criticism.

. Reliance on too many damn Japanese remakes. For a debut album in Japan, it's pretty ridiculous to see only two tracks are originals.

. Fragile stability. I won't dwell into this.

. Sub-par rapping at times, even for idol standards. I honestly think Roly Poly and Sexy Love could have gone without the rapping.

. YaYaYa. I recommend any government out there to use this song for interrogating criminals and terrorists.

. The awkward moment that Soyeon and Boram are older than me by 6 to 7 years, respectively O___O A guy can dream, right?

. In many of their title tracks, they all sound the same like chipmunks singing together.

That awkward moment when you realized you can list out more bad things than good things of your bias group....

Naw, I think it's normal lol.

Bad

. Lackluster performances - a lot of times, I feel they're not really there putting their best and just don't want to perform at all, but this is probably due to exhaustion - again, Crack-Crazy Moron should be blamed for this.

. Some of their fans. There's one in the forums who's gained notoriety here, obviously. Then there's people like soyeon-fanboy at Tumblr who makes liking T-ara look like something to be embarrassed about and gives the fandom a bad image. There's also some fans who overrate the group or their biases too much up to the point they're delusional and get butthurt with even the slightest criticism.

. Sub-par rapping at times, even for idol standards. I honestly think Roly Poly and Sexy Love could have gone without the rapping.

THIS

.Yes,almost all of them are easily drained and you can hear them huffing and puffing.In spite of that,I still prefer this over lip sync.But,like you'd said earlier,this is definitely due to you-know-what.Their lack of performances is basically inevitable.

.Oh God...*Roll eyes*.I too have became one of his victims lately and it happens quite a few times.I honestly think he is having a serious mental breakdown because she's not in the group anymore.He scares the hell out of me.

.The irony is most of the raps in the songs that have MVs are not so good compared to the non-MV songs like Ma Boo,You3x,with some exceptions like TTL,We We In Love,etc).

Really? Coz most fans I met worship them and seems satisfied about almost everything lol

Lol, yep - either that or I read too much on Seoulbeats hahaha.

Though from the K-fans I've been acquianted here in NZ (including the ex-fans), a lot of them generally tended to have more criticism than praise for the group for numerous reasons lol.

If they don't have anything bad to say to their bias,then they are just being delusional.I mean,no one is perfect.I hate answers like this "They don't have flaws because oppas/unnies are soo perfect!!" "They have everything I want!" etc..And people (coughthere's onememberhere cough) are so butthurt.They reply to almost every comment that contradicts their opinions.

But then,we're alike because somehow I have my bad list is longer than the good list,LOL.Like Scatter had said,it's normal because like us,they're human and tend to do mistakes.

Good

1. Hard-working, that's given.

2. Most of their songs are enjoyable (purely opinionated).

3. (purely opinionated) Soyeon's low-mid vocal + Eunjung's high vocal is one of my favorites, if not the most favorite.

4. The dancing in their music videos is very nice.

5. (purely opinionated) I don't like rap (some rappers ruined the rest for me, not naming names, don't want to create unnecessary fighting), but I found T-Ara's rap enjoyable.

6. They're all cute/pretty. Sexy is kind of pushing it (again, opinionated), but then again not everyone prefer sexy over cute/pretty.

Bad

1. KKS/CCM. That's also a given. Things from ridiculously packed schedules, very, very bad music videos' stunts & special effects, delayed releases, "repackage albums" and the infamous "remixes" that's literally just adding a 10-15s non-vocal intro.

2. Lines distribution, could be a little more even. I'm not even asking for even distributions, just ad least give each member 2-3 lines instead of like 2s & the rest is harmony.

3. Leader system (personal opinion, and don't bother trying to argue and convince me otherwise). I like it better with the traditional older (often more matured, not always, but often) being the leader.

4. Too many members changes given the amount of active time.

5. Could use more live performances during promotions. That would means more focus in singing & less on dancing. More ballads, that'd be nice too. Who doesn't love Good Person (excepts the haters)?

6. My first real chance of seeing T-Ara at a concert was destroyed!

That's all that I can really think of right away :)

Good

5. (purely opinionated) I don't like rap (some rappers ruined the rest for me, not naming names, don't want to create unnecessary fighting), but I found T-Ara's rap enjoyable.

6. They're all cute/pretty. Sexy is kind of pushing it (again, opinionated), but then again not everyone prefer sexy over cute/pretty.

5.Yes,I don't really like rap to be honest but T-ara's rap is somewhat tolerable and enjoyable.But then,some of the rap parts in a few songs are ridiculous.

6.For me,I'd prefer cute/pretty than sexy that is overdone too unlike some males and females idols out there.However,I also don't really like if a group act all cute and that.I'm a girl that finds all that quite disturbing.It would be great if their concept if somewhere in the middle like Cry Cry,Lovey Dovey,Roly Poly,I'm Really Hurt,etc.

Bad

1. KKS/CCM. That's also a given. Things from ridiculously packed schedules, very, very bad music videos' stunts & special effects, delayed releases, "repackage albums" and the infamous "remixes" that's literally just adding a 10-15s non-vocal intro.

3. Leader system (personal opinion, and don't bother trying to argue and convince me otherwise). I like it better with the traditional older (often more matured, not always, but often) being the leader.

1.LOL,KKS being a bad and dumb CEO is no longer an opinion,it's a fact :lol: .Delayed release is quite okay with me but I hate it when the PV (Japanese Version) for a song (let's say Day by Day or Sexy Love) is ABSOLUTELY the same with the Korean Version.WTF??What make it worse is that the scene change every 1 milisecond and you'll have a headache even before the video is finished.

3.Hey,no worries!You're free to express your opinion as long as you are being polite and didn't bash others when you don't agree with them :) which is the exact opposite of someone here on the forum.

Argh,I'm sorry for replying to every post here,LOL.I want to keep this thread as active as I can :P It's actually fun to see what others think of their bias group,or is it just me,haha.

1.LOL,KKS being a bad and dumb CEO is no longer an opinion,it's a fact :lol: .Delayed release is quite okay with me but I hate it when the PV (Japanese Version) for a song (let's say Day by Day or Sexy Love) is ABSOLUTELY the same with the Korean Version.WTF??What make it worse is that the scene change every 1 milisecond and you'll have a headache even before the video is finished.

It's not whether I'm okay with the delayed or not since I'm already used to it, but I think it's a matter of professionalism that needs to be address. Sure having a delay once a while could be understandable due to unforeseen circumstances, but we're really talking about delayed announcements/releases for like the past couple of albums.

It's not whether I'm okay with the delayed or not since I'm already used to it, but I think it's a matter of professionalism that needs to be address. Sure having a delay once a while could be understandable due to unforeseen circumstances, but we're really talking about delayed announcements/releases for like the past couple of albums.

Which adds in that time management is an issue worth pointing out too.

If memory calls, Day By Day was supposed to be a second studio album that was to be released on the date T-ara debuted when earlier in the year it was announced that the group would stay away from dramas and that they'll be focusing more on music.

Fastforward to July and all we get is a mini-album with two remakes and that three of members ended up being casted in dramas.

I'm just going to keep it simple and post three for each:

Good

1. They have a solid lineup. With most groups I like maybe one or two members. T-ara, I like them all. In T-ara we trust.

2. The ratio of good songs to bad/filler songs is pretty high.

3. Forever an underdog group. T-ara will never get complacent like other groups and lose heart.

Bad

1. Poorly managed. This trickles down from CEO to their dance coordinators to whoever fetches their water. T-ara would be GOAT if they had the right people behind them.

2. They have a tendency to promote the wrong songs.

3. Forever an underdog group. T-ara will never get the recognition they deserve.

Okay, here I go ^^

The good -

1. Although there have been some misses, Yayaya I'm looking your way, when T-ara makes a hit they make a hit. Long before I became a fan of T-ara and got to know about the members, I was jumping around singing their songs purely because I loved their music ^^
  2. Even though their personal actions have come into doubt, there's no denying that T-ara has worked incredibly hard to get where they are, and it shows. You have to respect them for sacrificing so much to get to where they are.
  3. Their ability to pull off pretty much any concept.
  4. Awesome stage outfits!
  5. Soyeon's vocals.

The Bad -

1. Kim Kwang Soo. I think I have said all that needs saying. >:/

The good -

1. Although there have been some misses, Yayaya I'm looking your way, when T-ara makes a hit they make a hit. Long before I became a fan of T-ara and got to know about the members, I was jumping around singing their songs purely because I loved their music ^^
  2. Even though their personal actions have come into doubt, there's no denying that T-ara has worked incredibly hard to get where they are, and it shows. You have to respect them for sacrificing so much to get to where they are.
  3. The Bad -

1. Kim Kwang Soo. I think I have said all that needs saying. >:/

1.CCM is a bad company and completely an idiot when it comes to handling their artist but we gotta admit,the songs are very catchy.I too can't resist myself from jumping along,LOL.

2.THIS.Even if you're a diehard fan of something,doesn't mean you have to blindly accept their actions.There's no denying that T-ara is to blame too for showing the dissatisfaction in public but they are probably one of the TOP 3 the most hardworking idol group ever (one of the reasons is because of KKS)

Bad

1. Poorly managed.

2. They have a tendency to promote the wrong songs.

3. Forever an underdog group. T-ara will never get the recognition they deserve.

1.3.LOL,it seems like all people who had posted here include CCM/KKS in the Bad Things Lists - including me. :P

2.So far,I have no problem with all of their promoted songs except for these songs - namely:YaYaYa,Why Are You Being Like This and Bo Peep Bo Peep.Don't get me wrong,the songs are not bad but I believe songs like Ma Boo,It's Okay and Fallin U are better songs to be promoted.But then,BPBP was the song that made them famous so I'll brush it off.But then,we have our own opinion.

3.Compared to other groups,T-ara is actually not an underdog group because I knew a few groups that debuted earlier than or around the same year as T-ara but still struggle to gain attention from the media and fans.T-ara is slowly becoming TOP 5-10 for most popular girl groups but unfortunately,the scandal kinda tarnished their image badly - thanks to their monstrous CEO.

1.3.LOL,it seems like all people who had posted here include CCM/KKS in the Bad Things Lists - including me. :P

2.So far,I have no problem with all of their promoted songs except for these songs - namely:YaYaYa,Why Are You Being Like This and Bo Peep Bo Peep.Don't get me wrong,the songs are not bad but I believe songs like Ma Boo,It's Okay and Fallin U are better songs to be promoted.But then,BPBP was the song that made them famous so I'll brush it off.But then,we have our own opinion.

3.Compared to other groups,T-ara is actually not an underage group because I knew a few groups that debuted earlier than or around the same year as T-ara but still struggle to gain attention from the media and fans.T-ara is slowly becoming TOP 5-10 for most popular girl groups but unfortunately,the scandal kinda tarnished their image badly - thanks to their monstrous CEO.

But you have to admit BPBP kinda makes you cringe. That song is so cartooney other fans didn't take T-ara seriously. I always found the promo songs to be my least favorite in their albums, except Sexy Love.

Underdog as in someone with little advantage/recognition. Not age lol. They might actually be slightly older than the norm.

Lol BPBP was one of the reasons why I didn't even bother taking T-ara seriously for a long good while when it was first released lol.

I actually hoped for something kickass like TTL or at least something as decent as Lies but alas, my hopes were far too high. I'd even go as far to say it put me in sore disappointment of the group of having to release something so...cringe-worthy.

And I STILL cringe when I hear or see them perform that even in variety shows. YaYaYa was just a downright atrocity to music.

Underdog as in someone with little advantage/recognition. Not age lol. They might actually be slightly older than the norm.

OMG,what was I thinking????

No,I really meant to say underdog but I don't know what happen to me when I was typing that post.Maybe,I'm getting...older,LOL..K,this is really embarrassing...gotta EDIT now!! :P

Anyway,since we're on the topic of underage,yes,T-ara is definitely slightly older than most of the idol groups (excluding the rookies).I'm not sure if T-ara was just joking but on one variety show,they said the reason Kim Kwang Devil Soo added Hwayoung was to lower the age average of the group considering that two of them almost hit 30.If this is true,then I'm not surprised why KKS added Areum and Dani.

--------------------------------------------

@Scatter_88mil

Hahaha,I know right.

TTL was a kickass.Personally,I love the Japanese version more because they don't have to share the lines with SuperNova.Boram's rap surprised almost everyone.But BPBP was the totally opposite.I'm really not a big fan of cutesy songs doing aegyo and such.

I'm more into fierce concepts like Cry Cry (I know you like it too ;) ),Day By Day (although I prefer Don't Leave,that awesome ballad) or catchy songs like Lovey Dovey and Roly Poly.

YaYaYa was an utter failure.I have no idea why they wanted to do the Japanese Version of that song when other unpromoted songs in that album are much better.

I'm not sure if T-ara was just joking but on one variety show,they said the reason Kim Kwang Devil Soo added Hwayoung was to lower the age average of the group considering that two of them almost hit 30.If this is true,then I'm not surprised why KKS added Areum and Dani.

I don't think they're joking...since they said the same about areum and dani too...I mean they keep saying the same reason over and over again.

I don't think they're joking...since they said the same about areum and dani too...I mean they keep saying the same reason over and over again.

Thank God I'm not the only one who remember it.I wonder how they (especially Boram and Qri) felt."Ooh,he added them because we're getting older,Yay....".Jiyeon was always known among T-ara or non T-ara's fans as the maknae (since that title is pretty a big deal in Korea) and suddenly that title was taken away by irrelevant 14 year-old girl.

KKS never did ANYTHING right.Okay,this is kinda mean BUT I'm just hoping he has some kind of disease that forced him to step down from being a lousy CEO.He over-packed their schedules and could care the least of T-ara's health.And yet I saw one person here who said they aren't being overworked..SMH....

• 2 weeks later...

Good:

1.) Unique personality

2.) Pretty, Sexy, Cuteness overload

3.) Great voice!

4.) They love their fans so much

5.) Different Concepts. They will not fail you to deliver their best in performances.

6.) Such a hardworking girls.

Bad

1.) KKS way of publicity... or simply KKS

2.) Though they are hardworking, their health is in the line :(

3.) Converting Korean Songs to Japanese. I mean it is okay but it is much better if they can actually produce some japanese songs to be included in their japanese album that is not converted from korean.

• 3 weeks later...