Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Tell Good and Bad Things About T-ara

ZZuRRa

It's funny because I wanted to make a thread just like this before found it.

Good:

1. Ridiculously catchy songs, even their mistakes(Yayaya, BPBP) don't sound that bad when compared to some other groups.

2. Good rappers in general, and good usage of them in many songs(not in all, sadly).

3. They have a somewhat unique look. I'm not sure what it is but as far as looks go they tend to stand out to other groups, at least from my point of view.

4. Fun on variety and shows(this honestly applies mostly to Soyeon).

5. Interesting concepts, with a few exceptions.

Bad:

1. Bad performances. This is a problem that they've had since day 1 and it goes to all of them to a certain extent, but especially Jiyeon and Qri. Soyeon tends to be the best in my eyes. Eunjung, Hyomin and Hwayoung(in her later days) were/are one step behind. Boram and Ahreum were/are pretty ok. I still like their performances, but that;s mostly because of their 'charms' and because their songs are cool rather than any performing ability.

2. Their autotuned voices in their korean songs sound too similar to each other and are too chipmunk like(except the rappers'). It's the reason why I like their japanese songs better in many cases, something that doesn't happen with any other groups.

3. Bad line distribution, which is a problem most, if not all, idol groups have. Boram and Qri have suffered the most because of this, Hwayoung too in their earlier days. Sometimes Soyeon seems to get fewer lines than the main vocalist should get(though to be fair, the main vocalist gets the harder parts, not necessarily the most).

4. Inefficient management(KKS/CCM). I'm sure there's no need to elaborate on this one, The 3 from above are likely because of this as well.

5. They seem kind of fake to me. This mostly applies to the golden trio(Eunjung, Hyomin and Jiyeon) and, to a lesser extent, Soyeon. I have a hard time liking them for their 'personalities' because of this. They do seem nice, cute, and friendly with each other, but in the back of my head I always get the feeling that it's fake for the most part and that they're probably nasty off camera. In Soyeon's case I don't really care anymore because her humor makes me like her despite any other flaws she might have. I don't have a problem with any of the others, though sometimes I was uncomfortable with Hwayoung(as much as I like her), mostly because she didn't seem to fit in no matter how much she seemed to try.

6. Some members get much more camera time than others, more than I'm personally comfortable with. Mostly goes to the golden trio, particulary Jiyeon.

This is interesting

Good:

- Boram, this is essential, without her T-ara is just another girl group to me

- Hard working

- Pretty nice fan service

- Tough, this one makes a huge difference

- Determination

- Catchy songs and choreography

- Nice outfits (not all though)

- Pretty and unique looks, throw any concept at them, they still look good (except that scary cat portray pic I saw another day...)

- Each has her own personality, easy to recognize

- Dorky, funny and hilarious

- Adapt pretty well to different concepts

Bad:

- KKS/CCM aka poor management

- The famous former member - Hwayoung, now I admit I have a hard time looking at her among T-ara in old shows

- Lipsync

- Delusional and butthurt fans, these give me a hard time defending T-ara because of their stupid statements, some even bash same group members

- Line and screen time distribution

- Plastic surgery, I don't know why they needed it... they're still pretty, ok, but nobody cares, they're now labeled plastic monsters...

- Reckless public comments which led to the scandal as we know it

- The scandal

- Haters

- Now they will never be able to get back to the top

- Overworked

- Unstable performances

- Converted songs, this is just... OMG stop it!

- Some MVs just kill my head, IGCBOY for example, the members look too good to overlook but the scene just can't stand still, same as Day by Day

Not so sure but YaYaYa and BPBP are fine to me, Wae Ireoni, too. I sing along and dance to those songs unknowingly everyday. It's fun and mood boosting. I don't think too much. I must be the only one here thinks so LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, I'd so buy you a beer for even being able to bear Y3 lol.

Actually it was annoying at first but later I find it funny. To watch them dancing to that song in almost every concert is very funny. And man, that scene in Hello Baby when Boram taught the kids to dance YaYaYa, that does add.

GOOD:

1.The fact that they are really beautiful,especially Soyeon~ :wub:

2.They are very talented (logically since they are idols XD)

3.Different concepts of their songs.There's constant change and that's like...DAEBAK!! :lol:

4.They are unique:in looks,characteristics,etc.

5.Specifically their songs Cry Cry,DBD,DYKM,Don't Leave,Lies,Sexy Love,Roly Poly,Lovey Dovey.

6.The fact that they'd still persevere on their work as idols despite of what happened.

7.Soyeon~ <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

8.Fanbase is really *thumbs-up*

BAD

1.The shitty CEO himself,specifically the fact that he didn't manage the girls well.And the fact that they don't get enough rest.

2.There's no equality of the roles of the girls in their songs.Seriously,Boram and Qri only get one line in some songs.

3.Lip-syncing.

4.The fact that you cant go to either of their concerts or even collect some merch.Cause it's expensive.

5.Specifically their song,YaYaYa,Bo Peep,Apple is A...no offense,but they sound annoying.I'd rather use those songs as alarms for my phone.

6.IGCBOY and TTL are like....I can't say much.They sound good good but the MV's...not that much.

7.The sandal itself =_=''' :angry:

That's it,I guess...for the record,they're a group who deserves to be more on the limelight...and despite of the bad stuff,fans would support no matter what. :D