Diadem Forums

[12.12.20] Alcohol NO! Gambling OK? T-ara embroiled in new controversy in Japan

nathaniel

I disagree with the opinion that this is CCM/KKS's fault. As much as I dislike T-ara's management at times, I don't place blame on them for every little thing the netizens complain about.

If the netizens were silent, and T-ara made a ton of money from this, I doubt most people would be objecting to CCM choosing this endorsement. This pachinko news was actually spread on Twitter more than a month ago, and no one said anything negative. So netizens now influence our opinion of right and wrong? So CCM should plan every move around what may potentially be criticized by netizens? Sounds like that's giving them more power, not a great idea to me.

I know very well the bad that can come from gambling and how it's viewed in Korea, yet I have no problem with this endorsement whatsoever. I don't think pachinko is the greatest evil on earth. I literally laughed when I saw netizens were actually trying to create an issue out of this.

Who cares what the netizens say? It's a bunch of losers competing for the most 'liked' comment. A Queen's on Twitter is even reporting the majority of Korean news is siding against the netizens on this issue. T-ara is making public appearances, has a Presidential endorsement, so maybe this isn't worth getting excited about.

T-ARA needs to leacve CCM ASAP, is imposible fot T-ara to build up again their image with retarded pig KKS braging for his imaginary money endorsement CFs and taking decitions just for money without thinking about the girls.

everything that has happend is CCM fault, if from the begining T-ARA had explain the situation and CCM wouldn´t kick out Hwayoung from the group(i don´t miss her, she wasn´t anything extraordinary) this wouldn´t became such a horrible scandall. And after all the hate T-ara received and continue receiving, KKS doesn´t give them a year or half year hiatus JUST BECAUSE OF MONEY, he doesn´t care if the grils are loosing their health and are depressed and strugling to smile many times, he doesn´t care if stupid netizens hurt them for nothing, HE ONLY WANTS MONEY, HE IS squeezing them like oranges, i can´t imagine how the girls are suffering i´afraid for them.

And besides this stupid CCM/KKS bad management, Knetizens are retarded, don´t have a life and are pushing the girls to the limit. Stupid loosers behind their keyboards being brave because nobody knows who they are, doing this just for fun because they will never be anybody and envy T-ARA success and plus another groups fans who are afraid of T-ARA because they know very well T-ARA is the best girl group in Korea, and this scandall gave them the oportunity to stop T-ara success.

PLEASE T-ARA BE STRONG, BUT BREAK FREE FROM THAT STUPID CCM

I disagree with the opinion that this is CCM/KKS's fault. As much as I dislike T-ara's management at times, I don't place blame on them for every little thing the netizens complain about.

If the netizens were silent, and T-ara made a ton of money from this, I doubt most people would be objecting to CCM choosing this endorsement. This pachinko news was actually spread on Twitter more than a month ago, and no one said anything negative. So netizens now influence our opinion of right and wrong? So CCM should plan every move around what may potentially be criticized by netizens? Sounds like that's giving them more power, not a great idea to me.

I know very well the bad that can come from gambling and how it's viewed in Korea, yet I have no problem with this endorsement whatsoever. I don't think pachinko is the greatest evil on earth. I literally laughed when I saw netizens were actually trying to create an issue out of this.

Who cares what the netizens say? It's a bunch of losers competing for the most 'liked' comment. A Queen's on Twitter is even reporting the majority of Korean news is siding against the netizens on this issue. T-ara is making public appearances, has a Presidential endorsement, so maybe this isn't worth getting excited about.

The problem is that CCM/KKS were braging yesterday about not accepting that alcohol CF, because of T-ARA image toward tenagers. THAT WAS THE PROBLEM, if they weren´t braging (as always) no one would care the pachinko or they wouldn´t have a reason to criticize T-ARA , and the worst is that KKS and CCM are not the ones who are loosing here, they are earning their money anyway that is what they care in the end, but the worst is that T-ARA members image is being suffering more, and CCM don´t care as long as they can keep doing money with them.

netizens, oh netizens, what will i do to you?

You have nothing else to do except to bash T-ara?

Oh, Come on, stop it will yah?!

and KKS?! I don't know anymore what you really want.

If you want to deny some products/cf or whatever, can you just keep your mouth shut and don't make it to the media?

You are so into publicity, T-ara is already well known, but your movements on the other hand is being criticize by so many people already and your attempt for publicity is just causing damage to the image of T-ara.

The problem is that CCM/KKS were braging yesterday about not accepting that alcohol CF, because of T-ARA image toward tenagers. THAT WAS THE PROBLEM, if they weren´t braging (as always) no one would care the pachinko or they wouldn´t have a reason to criticize T-ARA , and the worst is that KKS and CCM are not the ones who are loosing here, they are earning their money anyway that is what they care in the end, but the worst is that T-ARA members image is being suffering more, and CCM don´t care as long as they can keep doing money with them.

I agree, that was goofy of them to brag, just like the other similar bragging statements KKS made recently. And I agree with everything you said about how the bullying controversy was handled. But I don't think goofy statements are a big deal, the netizens are making them a big deal, not normal people.

And also, I don't believe this pachinko thing is that harmful to their image, and I think pachinko and alcohol can't be compared so easily. This is only escalating because many are now fearful of the netizens. It was natural for them to pick an endorsement in Japan with something as mainstream as pachinko.

Like you said, no one would have said anything normally, so that means we're criticizing CCM for this endorsement, just because netizens reacted to it badly? But if netizens said nothing, we'd be happy with the endorsement? I agree with being overworked etc., but lumping this in together with those issues seems to give the netizens more power.

All I'm saying is that it feels like some people want CCM to be extra careful, just to avoid making netizens upset, and that's ridiculous to me. Netizens are just seeing how far they can push their power now, they'll pick on anything they can. And while I completely dislike many of the decisions of KKS, I can't say I want them to leave CCM either, because they have the best songwriters and concept designers in Kpop in my opinion.

This I agree with wholeheartedly. We can all look here to see what the machine is about. Please note that the article specifically stated that Core Contents Media "did not" do the ads under the pretense that it'll be used for gambling. So most likely these machines will be in arcades where the balls are exchanged for toy prizes than money. If these machines end up in gambling places, it's certainly not Core Contents Media's, nor the girls' fault, but the fault of those who took advantage of said machines.

And I realize you're more upset with the bragging than the pachinko, so my post wasn't really directed towards your way of thinking lol. I just don't think it's fair to say CCM should've predicted this and thus never bragged, because few people would have predicted this. Only netizens would say pachinko in Japan is equivalent to an alcohol endorsement. Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

Well... All i have to say regarding this being that I'm from Europe is that i didn't know what Pachinko is nor did I care,but crying over and arcade game, OH COME ON ALL READY, WTF. When it comes to PR KKS/CCM are idiots, yes, but the Knetizens are just trying to hard right now to be noticed, grabbing on to everything they can to get attention.

If it was me (no offense) I's just put a bullet in their heads and call it a day, because idiots like this make me not want to live on this backwater of a rock, whit morons such as them breathing the same air as me (which BTW i consider a personal offense).

On another note CCM/KKS needs to learn when to SHUT THE HELL UP, and stop dragging other groups like KARA into the mix, it's like their asking to have some sort of pointless feud with DSP. AND THAT would be a bad ideea. Lucky for us DSP will probably ignore them to begin with therefore this will not escalate.

Anyway i think they should do it, it's a freakin arcade game and if they make money of of it well good for them.

I doubt the first 'lucrative' deal even existed - I think it was just another messy KKS-generated ploy to generate media attention. When is this guy going to figure out that it isn't working? Let's be honest here, what company is willingly going to throw money at T-ara to work for them at this point in time? As we can see from those translated comments, their reception in Korea isn't exactly a welcome one. Way to keep messing up, KKS ...

I believe that Kim Kwang Soo is doing his very best to help promote the girls in different venues in Japan, and Core Contents Media is helping the girls prepare for their coming promotions in Japan next year. So there might be more endorsements the girls had done along with this project already. The girls will overcome all of these hating and spiteful comments, including those wanting to end their careers by breaking away from their company, which would completely destroy everything they've worked hard and accomplished thus far in their very lives, and we won't get any sort of comeback in "years!".

As for the Kara mentioning, I do not believe there's an existing rift between both companies, especially when both group idols are friendly towards each other, even going back to the good old Invincible Youth Season 1 days. Probably mentioned them for safety reasons rather than an attacking one.

I know... It's like a war zone there…

I wish they could just leave CCM. Seriously, if they want a bright future; just leave CCM already. Queens will support it^^

Yeah thats exactly my thought. Being a Queen's there is really hard. Hater would line up to xxxx on you. Just 2day I went and said that it was not thing like that. And jst moments later I got too many votes down

"Hallyu actors and KARA have also done advertisements for pachinko machines."

Dunno how this is somehow related and makes everything okay.

As for the Kara mentioning, I do not believe there's an existing rift between both companies, especially when both group idols are friendly towards each other, even going back to the good old Invincible Youth Season 1 days.

I also don't know how just because they are friends with each other this means it's impossible for KKS to hate KARA. You can be friends with people your parents hate. It's the same thing. During the controversy with KARA where they were threatening to leave their company, DSP, due to poor management there, KKS was denouncing anyone supporting them and a news site his company controls were among the first to release negative stories about the KARA members.

k-netizen..just leave t-ara alone already.. >.<

i swear they are like hyenas ready to attack t-ara's every single action -.-" i pity the girls :( just when they are just about to move away from the bullying rumour they are thrown into another scandal. for real ccm.. can you please shut your mouth? you are not doing any good to t-ara at all..their management is so so so ughhhhhh >.<

i am very worried about the girls' mental and physical states now..i hope they will overcome this with grace and be on top on kpop again.

be strong t-ara. we will always love and support you

Does anyone know the extent of this? I hope it's not too serious ... the girls can't take another blow to their image right now :mellow:

I'm steering clear from allkpop as it's nothing but a garbage dump filled with maggots and reading those ridiculous comments sends my blood pressure shooting through the roof.

I think this controversy is going to mark a significant transition in T-ara's career...namely, spending considerably less time promoting in Korea while focusing primarily on the Japanese market for the time being. This controversy has been much less damaging abroad than it has been domestically for the girls as evidenced by sales for Sexy Love in Japan (not a runaway hit but still comparable to their other singles in terms of sales) and the less chilly reception they have received from both the press and the general public. Netizens are obviously not ready to let this issue go yet, and I doubt that KKS or CCM is willing to give the girls any sort of hiatus, so it wouldn't surprise me if instead of releasing new Korean material at the beginning of next year we get a Japanese single first. Next year I predict T-ara will spend most of the year in Japan with maybe one comeback in Korea later in the year to test the waters to see how things go, and honestly, I think that would be their best course of action...they've outgrown Korea and have pretty much peaked in terms of the success they could hope to achieve in their homeland at this point, while in Japan they have much more opportunity for growth and continued success if they are committed to making it happen.

Long story short, I hope that this controversy serves as the catalyst that allows the girls to simply break away from Korea for a while to focus on truly breaking in to the Japanese market. In doing so perhaps they can find even greater success in that market while salvaging and repairing their tarnished reputation in Korea.

Does anyone know the extent of this? I hope it's not too serious ... the girls can't take another blow to their image right now :mellow:

I'm steering clear from allkpop as it's nothing but a garbage dump filled with maggots and reading those ridiculous comments sends my blood pressure shooting through the roof.

No, we don't really know the extent, and pay no attention to the ominous titles of all the Korean news headlines, they are purposely blowing things out of proportion to bring in readers, they are loving all these "controversies". They haven't had any invitations to events cancelled yet, and that's the real sign of how great the issue is.

Honestly I don't think it's ccm's fault this time, they probably didn't foresee this coming...but I'm really sick and tired of netizens bashing t-ara for everything xxxxing thing, pardon my language. I hate having to see hate comments about t-ara all the time...

Note: I can't stand how some fans keep on saying that they 'don't know how t-ara will recover from all this'. Honestly. As long as we support them, what's there to fear? Don't you guys have faith in our girls? Cos I definitely do.

I also don't know how just because they are friends with each other this means it's impossible for KKS to hate KARA. You can be friends with people your parents hate. It's the same thing. During the controversy with KARA where they were threatening to leave their company, DSP, due to poor management there, KKS was denouncing anyone supporting them and a news site his company controls were among the first to release negative stories about the KARA members.

Yes, but that was back then, January of 2011, if I remember correctly, and I doubt he's in a position to hold a grudge now, nor does he have any influence over the Kamilias to forsake the girls. During that time, I was surprised to hear that from him, but I didn't believe he was being an extremist about it, and still don't, because it felt like to me that he's a die hard Kamilia himself, who just took it things differently. Yeah, I know about the whole requesting to ban the 3 members from the industry, after Hara joined Gyuri. But still yet, it was not really the 3 members' fault, it was Landmark's problem with the administration under Lee Ho Yeon's wife after he was hospitalized and had to go to surgery, if I recall. Kim Kwang Soo is on the outside of DSP Media's walls and didn't have the full info on what was going on inside of it. He's like the rest of us, therefore, I didn't take his comments seriously, and only as his feelings being expressed, that's it. If anyone believes to presume he has any say in DSP Media, is downright outlandish and easily dismissive by others. I believe he knows this already and understood what happened soon after. No doubt relieved that Nicole, Seungyeon, and Jiyoung were about to reestablish themselves with little or no backlashes about it. He's passionate about K-Pop, no different than the rest of us. He has shown that he's capable of change too and quite responsibly apologetic and forgiving. So I doubt he's holding a grudge against Kara for mentioning them on the machines. It was more or less likely to point out other artists whom participated in the same fashion to better relate with them and state they're still part of the Hallyu Wave, rather than endeavoring to be the 1st group to do something new in a venue in Japan. I would dare to even say the company, in a way, is calling for support from the Kamilias and fans of the actors through the Pachinko.

I think this controversy is going to mark a significant transition in T-ara's career...namely, spending considerably less time promoting in Korea while focusing primarily on the Japanese market for the time being. This controversy has been much less damaging abroad than it has been domestically for the girls as evidenced by sales for Sexy Love in Japan (not a runaway hit but still comparable to their other singles in terms of sales) and the less chilly reception they have received from both the press and the general public. Netizens are obviously not ready to let this issue go yet, and I doubt that KKS or CCM is willing to give the girls any sort of hiatus, so it wouldn't surprise me if instead of releasing new Korean material at the beginning of next year we get a Japanese single first. Next year I predict T-ara will spend most of the year in Japan with maybe one comeback in Korea later in the year to test the waters to see how things go, and honestly, I think that would be their best course of action...they've outgrown Korea and have pretty much peaked in terms of the success they could hope to achieve in their homeland at this point, while in Japan they have much more opportunity for growth and continued success if they are committed to making it happen.

Long story short, I hope that this controversy serves as the catalyst that allows the girls to simply break away from Korea for a while to focus on truly breaking in to the Japanese market. In doing so perhaps they can find even greater success in that market while salvaging and repairing their tarnished reputation in Korea.

Don't forget that Southeast Asia Tour offer that Core Contents Media has still yet to counter-propose on, to allow the Japanese activities to move on firstly. I believe they'll do some promotions here and there in Korea, as a reminder that they're still in the top echelon of idols, and still able to perform on stage there as well. I still hope and believe that having Hwayoung rejoin the group will improve the group's current circumstances greatly, given just how many people in Korea and the rest of the world wanted her back with them so badly back then, and even now. I sincerely hope the group will be able to venture and perform in other countries around the world as well.

I found it completely idiotic to find out that some of those antis/netizens actually believed that by destroying the company will allow the girls to have more break time, without realizing that this is their "careers", their very livelihoods, not to mention their legacy, as if changing jobs is as easy as flipping a coin in the air all the time. If majority of the fandom are indeed underage workers who believe in such a thing, than they'll learn it the hard way when they do become of age to work. Hopefully they won't have to, depending on how capable they are in their respective companies and their business is able to thrive and survive the ever changing markets.