Diadem Forums

[13.01.01] T-ara Top Female Group at 2012 Soompi Gayo Awards

xbot

Top Female Group:

tara1.jpg

Gold: T-Ara (14902 points)

Silver: SISTAR(14811 points)

Bronze: miss A (9001 points)

A mild surprise here as T-Ara edged SISTAR for the top female group award. SISTAR had two No. 1 songs in “Alone” and “Loving U,” but T-Ara had five hits in the past year (Cry Cry, Lovey Dovey, Round And Round, Day By Day, and Sexy Love). Four of these five songs are top three hits. Plus we did not even count the collaboration T-Ara made with Davichi or else the score will not be so close. It is a very tough year for T-Ara especially during the summer with the Hwayoung controversy. Despite all the negative publicity, their hit songs were not really affected.

They were also named as one of the Top 10 artists of 2012 and Lovey Dovey got #8 in the Top 50 Songs of 2012 category.

I always did prefer Soompi compared to a AllKpop.. :D

Source: http://www.soompi.co...awards-results/

I always did prefer Soompi compared to a AllKpop.. :D

I think everyone here does lol XD I was talking to Simsimi (chatting robot) and I wrote 'allkpop' and Simsimi said "I would choose soompi over allkpop anyday" LOL XD

---

Anyways, Congratulations T-ARA!!! T-ARA deserves this award because their songs are pretty much full of awesomeness^^

I will say that while T-ara suffered a pretty big blow to their popularity domestically, they seem to have gained a lot of new fans the world over! 2013 looks like it will be a great year for them, hands down...Areum is getting all sorts of love, their performances at the year-end awards shows were fantastic, and given a bit of time I think that T-ara's Effect will be the comeback album that helps them put all the controversies they suffered from in 2012 completely behind them, especially if CCM allows them to release the album later on in the year instead of pitting them against the likes of SNSD and other highly anticipated comebacks.

This was definitely a year of growing pains for our girls but the light is finally at the end of the tunnel, and I think next year we'll see T-ara's star power return to its former glory if not grow even brighter!

T-ara deserves the award. So damn deserved it like hell! And I don't think the controversy would put them off again in their next comeback. I mean, I expected the worst for Sexy Love but then, the song reached the top 2 position rankings. Yeah, they have a big chance to shine brighter than a diamond this year. T-ara Jjang! <3