Diadem Forums

[13.01.08] T-ara's Soyeon to possibly restart her acting career in "Iris 2"

nathaniel

[13.01.08] T-ara's Soyeon to possibly restart her acting career in "Iris 2"

yoyo201301071941042.jpg

T-ara's Soyeon is interested in re-challenging herself in acting.

Soyeon is currently being considered to be cast in the KBS 2TV mini-series "Iris 2". Idols BEAST's Yoon Doojoon as well as MBLAQ's Lee Joon have already been cast.

An "Iris 2" official said it's not definitely decided, but said on the 7th to Sports Korea, "Soyeon is being positively considered to join the cast. Soyeon would play an agent in the drama and we are interested in casting someone with a similar image to her."

Last August, Soyeon challenged herself in acting for the first time through KBS 2TV's mini series "Haeundae Lovers". Soyeon play Lee Kwansoon in the drama, but after a bullying controversy and a traffic accident set her back, her role was virtually removed from the drama. Soyeon would re-begin her acting career in "Iris 2" if she joins.

"Iris 2" is the follow-up to 2010's Iris with Lee Byunghun and Kim Taehee. The drama will begin airing in February.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20130108n02520

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

She'll probably be put into a very minor role since filming for IRIS 2 is only a month away from being put into broadcasting and the casting for the mains and support characters has already been decided.

But honestly, Korean dramas need to stop having so many idol actors and actresses and start using ones that CAN actually act, not for the sake of improving ratings. Glad the producers were smart enough to leave the main roles to people who actually can act.

Guess the netizens failed with their ridiculous pachinko controversy. :P

And I'm a bit surprised producers for such a big show are speaking openly about them in a positive way, it's nice to see someone not being a coward for a change. While the statement is probably meant to test public reaction, it's definitely showing the production company's support for T-ara, so it doesn't really matter if she gets hired in the end or not (it would be nice though :) ).

-- omo! this news is daebak!!! i really hope that Sso would get a role .. even if it's minor .. her being an agent wpuld just be .. saying it's 'COOL' would just be an understatement .. waah ! i'll juz cross my fingers xD

haha!!! i too hope that 2013 will be a better year for the girls...but then again i believe that since iris 1 is so successful....there will be alot of anticipation for iris2 and i hardly believe that soyeon will be considered instead of other acting powerhouse like kim tae hee etc...

After Jiyoung’s leave was confirmed, a representative from ‘IRIS 2’ revealed, “It is true that Jiyoung has left the show. (…) It is predicted that a T-ara member will replace Jiyoung’s role. Although there were rumors floating around that was cast, there is a greater probability that it will be a member other than Soyeon. This role is currently in discussion.

In addition, Soyeon’s reps have also denied the previous rumors about being considered for the role, stating, “Soyeon has not been in talks regarding this drama.”