Diadem Forums

[13.01.08] T-ara Soyeon's agency, "Iris 2? Never offered any role"

nathaniel

[13.01.08] T-ara Soyeon's agency, "Iris 2? Never offered any role"

08101834640_60800030.jpg

Girl Group member Soyeon apparently never received an offer for the KBS 2TV mini series "Iris 2".

T-ara's agency, Core Contents Media said, "Soyeon appearing in 'Iris 2' and being offered the role is a rumor and not true. There has been no discussion about this drama," they said.

Last year, Soyeon debuted as an actress in KBS 2TV's "Haeundae Lovers".

Earlier, officials for "Iris 2" said that Soyeon matched the image of the agent role and was being considered.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20130108n08798

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

okay, thanks kbs for giving my hopes up... such a user of T-ara's name again ee

well, i think it is good that ccm responded quickly to avoid any other damage (if there will be)

but i can't deny the fact that i'm still looking for T-ara members to act once again (too selfish of me ee, though i know they are too busy) XD

Did KBS even say they offered? I thought they only said she was being "considered". xP

This isn't that surprising, but it's funny, they all say they would like to hire T-ara, but don't actually have the guts to go through with it. xD Who knows how many shows these stations had planned for them before the controversy. I'll bet the producers are all waiting to see who will be the first to just go ahead and hire one of them. I'm glad they said good things about her (which never would have happened a few months ago), but still, it's obviously wrong to use her name for publicity if they weren't even considering her.

My question is: Has the filming production for Iris 2 started? If not, then CCM is simply overreacting. I don't like businesses and their marketing strategies, but then again I'd like to be as fair as possible. The previous news article never mentioned anything about Soyeon BEING in the cast. The official in mentioned article said that they're "positively considering to join the cast", not "offered to join the cast".

Yes I like the fact that CCM made a response to this article, but what they are claiming to be the rumor simply did not exist to begin with. The was nothing definite about the previous article. What CCM should've done is just clarified that Soyeon has yet to received any cast offer for Iris 2.

Now, if Iris 2 filming production has started, then it's an entirely different story and I'd side with what CCM has done.

-My 2cents

Toan Ngyuen: But that would mean CCM would need to have a brain in the first case (which we know is not true!) D:

Meanwhile, the first article state they are considering her which is fair enough.

Now CCM said they never received an offer... which the first article never mentions they did.

As always, awaiting more news / clarification and we'll see how it goes in the rumour mill.

I heard very good things about Iris though, so lets hope Iris 2 become good as well (with or without Sso).

Also, we sure she has time to actually... act right now? Whatnot with upcoming Japan and everything.

The whole idea of Soyeon even being put in IRIS 2 is pretty farce honestly.

As I said in the previous article, the casting is already complete and the drama's only ONE month away from being broadcasted so filming is probably just about a week or two away. This probably also means they have the script for the first few episodes completed as well so adding Soyeon at this time or in the near future seems pretty unrealistic. May as well be pissing off the production staff, particularly the scriptwriter.

But hey, didn't the IRIS 2 staff say they're only 'considering' her? Never did it say that they actually gave her an offer, because if they did then they're risking their own ratings and from what I remember, IRIS 1 was a huge hit in Korea - people aren't going to be happy to see the sequel with someone from the most hated idol group in Korea making an appearance.

Toan Ngyuen: But that would mean CCM would need to have a brain in the first case (which we know is not true!) D:

I wouldn't say that they don't have brains, just not good functioning brains..well can't say CCM altogether, but at least that seems to be the case with KKS :rolleyes:

Well, AKP wrote that KARA's Jiyoung has dropped out of the drama and one of T-ara's members might take her place. It's not improbable in my opinion, but imagine the backlash. Given CCM/KKS's long time hate campaign against KARA, the public's opinion wouldn't be good, even if T-ara had never had a scandal.

On the other hand, I kind of want one of them to be casted. It's about time Korean entertainment companies get a backbone, it would benefit everyone in the industry if netizens knew they can't ruin someone by just posting negative things about them online.

Iris 2 just got better if a t-ara member was to cast in it, but in all honesty. I really want to just watch iris2. i really enjoyed the first one and was shocked when i watched the iris movie to find out who killed lee byung hun. For who would get the role.. I would love to watch jiyeon all day long. I've enjoyed watching hyomin/eunjung in their dramas and movies. I've seen qri in a drama as well, but I'd like to see how good soyeon's acting would be. lets hope for the best right

Really sad that the Soyeon news wasn't true.. but if another member had to be cast, I would love to see Jiyeon finally getting an action role. Her character blew me away in Cry Cry & she is great with Taekwondo, she'd be perfect as a rookie agent.

Well... I'm glad i got to see both articles so that i could at least avoid the disappointment. Thing is it's nice they considered her but i have to agree with others here that it was mostly testing the public reaction. Hopefully T-ara members will eventually return to acting, but it was at least decent of CCM this time around to actually be prompt about responding to this. (though as always since it's CCM i have my doubts.)

Well, AKP wrote that KARA's Jiyoung has dropped out of the drama and one of T-ara's members might take her place. It's not improbable in my opinion, but imagine the backlash. Given CCM/KKS's long time hate campaign against KARA, the public's opinion wouldn't be good, even if T-ara had never had a scandal.

On the other hand, I kind of want one of them to be casted. It's about time Korean entertainment companies get a backbone, it would benefit everyone in the industry if netizens knew they can't ruin someone by just posting negative things about them online.

Given the amount of activities T-ara has, I honestly don't think it's really possible to squeeze any acting gigs in, unless people are willing to accept at how Jiyeon had it last year. Filming for a drama even if it's not a main role and promoting idol group activities simultaneously is just asking for your own body to collapse out of exhaustion.

By the way - netizens also could happen to fill a fairly big number of people waiting to see IRIS. It's not just posting negative things online but the risk of ratings. Going by how typical Korean mentality goes, the production staff for IRIS 2 probably will be highly intolerable to anything that will risk them that (or any bashing whether it be online or not), especially since expectations are going to be high due to the success of IRIS 1. I just don't see any logical reason for them to hire a T-ara member for a role, nor is it really feasible on T-ara's part due to their own schedules.

CCM seems to be bent on dispelling rumors immediately and succinctly when it comes to the girls and television drama casting. If I recall correctly, they were pretty quick on disclaiming that Eunjung was going to appear on any dramas this year too. And the tone of their statements seem to indicate "and we're not going to entertain formal proposals by the broadcasters even if they do come in,"

Well, more chance of them making a brand new record this year. So I'm not complaining much, though I do sympathize with the diadems who would like to see their favorites grace the small screen this year.

Well the good thing is that now there is a lot of discussion on the boards on how T-ara members are actually genuinely good actors compared to other actor idols. Whether they get to be cast or not in Iris 2, I don't see that this current news topic will be negative for them. I much prefer reading this compared to the discussion on how Eunjeung should get into a catfight with Oh Yeon Seo over Jang Woo (EJ would totally taekwondo kick the crap out of her btw :) ).

If anyone would like to entertain my curiosity, why are we making a big deal over the word "offer".

These 2 articles are translation, things might have gotten lost in the process. But, taking them as is, CCM did no wrong in saying they never received any offer.

The 1st article never mentioned the word offer, what CCM did is making it clear for us, sounds fine to me.

Now, what sounds off to me is that CCM mentioned "rumor" which I'm not sure what they were referring to.

I don't see big deal in what CCM did other than being very responsive this time around.

And if what scatter said is true, filming is only 1-2 week away from completion, I'm not sure how Soyeon's addition (if she's really cast) would blend with the story flow.