Diadem Forums

[13.01.08] T-ara Soyeon's agency, "Iris 2? Never offered any role"

nathaniel

I thought everyone in the entertainment industry had to always say "we don't respond to rumours" so the press couldn't work out what deals were made by processs of elimination.

I don't understand what their agency were doing by replying to this, other than throwing a hissy fit cos they're not being offered as much work as they previously were.

Given the amount of activities T-ara has, I honestly don't think it's really possible to squeeze any acting gigs in, unless people are willing to accept at how Jiyeon had it last year. Filming for a drama even if it's not a main role and promoting idol group activities simultaneously is just asking for your own body to collapse out of exhaustion.

By the way - netizens also could happen to fill a fairly big number of people waiting to see IRIS. It's not just posting negative things online but the risk of ratings. Going by how typical Korean mentality goes, the production staff for IRIS 2 probably will be highly intolerable to anything that will risk them that (or any bashing whether it be online or not), especially since expectations are going to be high due to the success of IRIS 1. I just don't see any logical reason for them to hire a T-ara member for a role, nor is it really feasible on T-ara's part due to their own schedules.

If the producers of the drama made these statements public, they must think that adding one of T-ara's members won't influence the ratings much. Or maybe they're testing the public's reaction, or using T-ara's name to get more publicity, we don't know.

All I'm saying is they're going to have to start appearing on TV someday anyway. It's not like the hate is going to go anywhere - just look at G-Dragon, even Psy and other celebrities who have had scandals. Hyomin will participate in filming KBS2's "Vitamin"(?) tomorrow/today so I guess we just have to wait and see what knetizens say about it.

I thought Soyeon, Qri or Areum (with glasses) will fit the roles as "good" agent while Eunjung fit as "bad" agent.

I don't see Hyomin, Jiyeon or Boram fit any of agent role here lol..

Waiting for some good news here. I hope to see our girls back on screen soon and since it will be only 20 episodes (or so), it wont interrupt their Asian tour schedule this year.. ~>.<~ I really want to watch full member of T-ara whey they're performing on tour.

After Jiyoung’s leave was confirmed, a representative from ‘IRIS 2’ revealed, “It is true that Jiyoung has left the show. (…) It is predicted that a T-ara member will replace Jiyoung’s role. Although there were rumors floating around that was cast, there is a greater probability that it will be a member other than Soyeon. This role is currently in discussion.

In addition, Soyeon’s reps have also denied the previous rumors about being considered for the role, stating, “Soyeon has not been in talks regarding this drama.”

It's not like the hate is going to go anywhere - just look at G-Dragon, even Psy and other celebrities who have had scandals. Hyomin will participate in filming KBS2's "Vitamin"(?) tomorrow/today so I guess we just have to wait and see what knetizens say about it.

It's been more than 6 months but people are still actively talking about their scandal - practically everywhere.As a fan,it's frustrating to see those malicious comments.I was quite shocked to hear Hyomin will participate in KBS "Vitamin" this early considering that the scandal is still quite fresh.I can bet you that 99% of the K-netizens will comment negative things about that. T_T

I know I should ignore it but it's hard to do that :(

On a side note,K-QUEEN'S said T-ara is going to make a comeback in 6-months time which is around June or July.Wow,after a string of comeback starting from Roly Poly in 2011 and Sexy Love in late 2012,this is probably their longest gap.I wonder who is going to be their next leader.....

It's been more than 6 months but people are still actively talking about their scandal - practically everywhere.As a fan,it's frustrating to see those malicious comments.I was quite shocked to hear Hyomin will participate in KBS "Vitamin" this early considering that the scandal is still quite fresh.I can bet you that 99% of the K-netizens will comment negative things about that. T_T

I know I should ignore it but it's hard to do that :(

On a side note,K-QUEEN'S said T-ara is going to make a comeback in 6-months time which is around June or July.Wow,after a string of comeback starting from Roly Poly in 2011 and Sexy Love in late 2012,this is probably their longest gap.I wonder who is going to be their next leader.....

It's difficult for us, fans, so I can't even imagine how T-ara must be feeling. Watching all their hard work crumble in a matter of days was really.. it still makes me sad thinking about it. But I believe the worst is over. They're slowly coming back on different social networking sites and TV. There's nothing we can do about the antis, we can just keep supporting the girls.

No matter when they make their comeback, I hope they will have rested enough by that time. The last year was tiring both physically and mentally. I wish T-ara could come back with smiling faces again and people congratulating them on their successes..

It doesn't surprise me that this would happen. However, this at least informs us all that T-ara is still able to move about in the acting portion of their resumes to a degree, which is quite hopeful. I would very much like to see the T-ara members continue their film careers, as well as their endeavors in music. I am very glad that Dani is doing her part with her labelmate, Hyoyoung. :) And yeah, I can totally see Soyeon as an agent.

I wonder who is going to be their next leader.....

I keep hearing Jiyeon and Qri on this for some time now. It doesn't really matter which one, because I believe both are capable for the position.

still no update yet?

I really want one of the girls to take up the role! Hoping for Jiyeon/Eunjung, I just miss them so much on-screen, they are also by far the best actresses of T-ara imo