Diadem Forums

[13.01.22] T-ara's Soyeon caught in a gossip controversy, "Who is 'Stitch'?"

nathaniel

I agreed. These conversations are kind of private.

And hell, gossips are normal human stuff for crying out loud.

If she gets bashed for this, then everyone in the world deserves it too. This is stupid.

Oh ... there is a private button (for friends only).

I don't really think that Sso would ever make her chats public, right ?

Assuming she learnt her lesson from that Twitter debacle, she'd have to be really stupid to let her own chats become public so easily I think.

Soyeon doesn't really strike me as that dumb either so the most likely cause has to be a leak from someone around her circle, which could be any of the two people in the chat, someone in CCM or hell, maybe even T-ara itself (I know this may seem far-fetched but considering the group's work environment is extremely cutthroat and competitive thanks to KKS, it can't be really ruled out either).

It's just girls being girls. Girls usually gossip about others. And Soyeon didn't really do much, all we know that she said is that "Stitch" should stop wearing Kenzo. Just because Soyeon is in a much more popular group, which had billions of useless controversies/scandals (such as eating ramyun off of a lid), the articles main target is Soyeon. No attention would be on SuA or Euna because they aren't as popular as Soyeon… but they criticized "Stitch" more than Soyeon.

girls do talk about about girls.. but when you're a IDOL or celebrity its a diffrent ball game. you cant just let words fly, you really have to watch what you say because millions of people will hear or see it.. she need to be more careful IMO.. and also beit a celebrity or some person she knows .. its still not setting a good example to talk sh*t about someone... Soyeon is a IDOL she needs to realize that her actions and words are watched all the time.. She obviously didnt think before she typed

Omg, knetizens just don't stop huh. Including their privacy is being invaded. Jealous much of T-ara? Huh.

Well Queen's are here to protect them :) 2013 will be an awesome year for T-ara. T-ara fighting!~

As a Idol/celebrity you lose all privacy FYI.. there is no such thing as privacy when your famous.. I really doubt reporters are writing these articles because they are jealous, that is just a ridiculous for you to say.. As much controversy as these girls have faced last year it really is stupid for Soyeon to even put herself in this position...

CCM response was yet again stupid.. Lets see.. first they said its Soyeons grad student unnie.. then next statement they said its not her grad student unnie that is getting married.. so basiclly are they saying there are 2 people now and not 1? CCM again insults kpop fans intelligence with thier terrible non thought out response..

Biased fans i have my hose and exstinguisher ready... FLAME ON!!!!

Why is this even causing trouble >.>

Like this is pretty much a normal conversation between friends and I don't see what Soyeon did wrong at all. It's even more stupid that these netizens only care about what Soyeon says and not what the other 2 girls say.

junichi: Unless I have misunderstood something, CCM's response is merely pointing out, that the person in question is not a celebrity but someone Sso knows from university.

I cannot exactly recall them saying there were more people than that, however if you have additional info, please do share ^^

I am still hoping this was not a leak, because the thought of it is rather bleak but eh, just hoping.

EDIT: Ya gotta admit, this is a far better CCM response than usual.

junichi: Unless I have misunderstood something, CCM's response is merely pointing out, that the person in question is not a celebrity but someone Sso knows from university.

I cannot exactly recall them saying there were more people than that, however if you have additional info, please do share ^^

I am still hoping this was not a leak, because the thought of it is rather bleak but eh, just hoping.

EDIT: Ya gotta admit, this is a far better CCM response than usual.

Taken straight from the article..

“The topic of ’Stitch’ in question came about because the tiger drawing on the shirt of the brand resembled ‘Stitch’ the character, and since a graduate student unni Soyeon knows wears that brand of clothing every time they meet, that is why they were talking about it,”

“The name of ‘Stitch’ being discussed is not even 1% related to a celebrity, and it seems Soyeon’s acquaintance just joked about ‘Stitch’ without any other intentions after seeing the brand’s clothing with a tiger drawn on it.” It was also added, “Also, the part about Soyeon’s acquaintances discussing ‘Stitch’s marriage is not about the graduate student unni who is a fan of the brand, but about another acquaintance they know who is about to get married.”

in the first sentence it says its a unnie soyeon knows thats a grad student..

the second part i highlighted in bold says its not about that grad student unnie but about someone else that is about to get married.. so yes its 2 diffrent people that CCM is trying to tell us.. well more like lie to us..

girls do talk about about girls.. but when you're a IDOL or celebrity its a diffrent ball game. you cant just let words fly, you really have to watch what you say because millions of people will hear or see it.. she need to be more careful IMO.. and also beit a celebrity or some person she knows .. its still not setting a good example to talk sh*t about someone... Soyeon is a IDOL she needs to realize that her actions and words are watched all the time.. She obviously didnt think before she typed

Yea, from this point on (or hell, maybe even earlier in the Twitter incident in July), honestly, I don't think T-ara's in any position to really trust anyone, including their friends that aren't idols (this is assuming the two others she's talking to aren't idols but that doesn't make much of a difference anyway).

Obviously CCM has failed them terribly long ago and the only people they can really rely on is their families and each other. From my experience in Korea, friends tend to gossip pretty nasty staff about others to one another and at least in my mother's words, Koreans are particularly crazy about gossiping about negative stuff. Idols are nowhere an exception by all means and it wouldn't surprise me if any of Soyeon's or hell, any of the T-ara members' friends turned their backs on them since last year.

I found this article just stupid when I first read about it on AKP. I think its normal for friends to give each other nicknames, but I guess anything to do with t-ara will go up in flames. it sure fanned my flames >_>

It is normal though specific nicknames (often degrading, rude or insulting ones) are used by a circle of friends to refer to one person in the group when the latter is not present. Well, at least that's what it was like when I was in school in Korea >__> I thought it was mostly just a thing between teens and probably uni/college students but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

honestly ANY AND ALL issues T-ara has had back to the twitter scandals and this one would of been null and void if CCM ran their company like some other big name ent agencies.. take for example.. SM... Most SM artists dont use social media because SM doesnt allow it.. if they do post its on the actual official fansite.. and most is pre monitored by management.. take time and think about artists like SNSD for example.. you never hear anything about them and social media scandals... because for the most part they arnt allowed to use it.. and they are WAAAAY more popular/famous then T-ara..

IMO my opinion of T-ara is really changing this past year.. I', starting to think the members arnt really as modest and sweet as they are trying to portray they are.. seems like alot of the members are catty and selfish.. not the group i once loved..

Okay so let me sum this up. What was so horrible about this little friendly chat, oh right more east Asian butt hurt Knetizens and their stuck up way of thinking. I mean is everyone a hypocrite these days, getting all politicly correct about everything. It's just some friends and innocent gossip, WOW SUCH AND F-ING BIG DEAL.

Haters, haters everywhere >.> I really hate this kind of envious people trying to convert a normal conversation in a problem, Soyeon was just talking to her friends, she has every right to do so and no one has to bother her for what she talk in private, and less if there have no reason. I really hates when in such situations they try to compare the attitude of the idols with the attitude of a Goddess, they are also human, not goddesses, and they can be wrong, but this is not the case, Soyeon did nothing wrong and I sure do not will be no problem>. <!

honestly ANY AND ALL issues T-ara has had back to the twitter scandals and this one would of been null and void if CCM ran their company like some other big name ent agencies.. take for example.. SM... Most SM artists dont use social media because SM doesnt allow it.. if they do post its on the actual official fansite.. and most is pre monitored by management.. take time and think about artists like SNSD for example.. you never hear anything about them and social media scandals... because for the most part they arnt allowed to use it.. and they are WAAAAY more popular/famous then T-ara..

IMO my opinion of T-ara is really changing this past year.. I', starting to think the members arnt really as modest and sweet as they are trying to portray they are.. seems like alot of the members are catty and selfish.. not the group i once loved..

Aishhh, seriously.... You opened your own thread saying you don't like T-ara anymore and you are leaving, but here you come every single day to rain on our T-ara love. You may take us as delusional fans that blindly love these girls, but if you don't like them just leave them and let us to hear something nice. The only thing that you don't do as other haters do is to call them bitches and say openly that you hate them. Everyone says here - THEY ARE HUMANS AND MAKE MISTAKE and take it as that. After all supposedly this little controversy was blowed out of proportion because some netizen altered their conversation to defame Soyeon's name.

Aishhh, seriously.... You opened your own thread saying you don't like T-ara anymore and you are leaving, but here you come every single day to rain on our T-ara love. You may take us as delusional fans that blindly love these girls, but if you don't like them just leave them and let us to hear something nice. The only thing that you don't do as other haters do is to call them bitches and say openly that you hate them. Everyone says here - THEY ARE HUMANS AND MAKE MISTAKE and take it as that. After all supposedly this little controversy was blowed out of proportion because some netizen altered their conversation to defame Soyeon's name.

I think what he's saying is that his opinion of T-ara of individuals has changed. Not them as say, a group functioning.

I myself don't really think of some of the members as modest and sweet people as a whole (Hyomin in particular), unlike a lot of people here seem to think of them as. Not all idols are exactly nicey nicey people and fans should honestly face that reality. In fact, many fans can't accept it being thrown in front of their faces and that's one of the biggest weaknesses every Kpop fandom has - many are outright gullible and reactionary.

Even then you can't easily 'alter' an online chat without being some genius hacker. It's simply not possible. It's like trying to change the online status post of someone else in Facebook. Assuming that it was a chat through via smartphone, then that makes it even more implausible. And if this anti was not part of Soyeon or those two people's inner circle, then why did he/she aim for her when it would have made a much bigger impact if say, Jiyeon or Hyomim's KakaoStory was dug into instead?

The problem here is that while people can accept T-ara are humans themselves and subject to mistakes, they're not in the same position as your average Jane or Joe because they're idols - meant to act as perfect products of humans to the public. If you want someone to blame, CCM is your target because they marketed them as such in the first place. In fact, the entire INDUSTRY is to blame for crap like this.

T-ara themselves though still very well should have known that they were going to sacrifice a lot of their privacy for an idol career (although I still do believe a long decent break from their slave schedules is an absolute must) and thus, should have been more careful, especially after that Twitter debackle last year.

@danohio

if you read my whole post and the replys then you would see i decided not to leave the forum.. because i said ill support the forum but not the group.. reason ive been here alot lately is because of posts replied to.. and i get the emails telling me so..

Did i ever call you delusional? NO..I apologize if you feel offended and you dont agree with what i say or how i say it.. but everything ive posted.. postive or negative in any post in the forum is my right to do so.. if you dont like it , then dont read it, and if you feel that hardcore about my posts then report them.. im just stating my opinions which everyone has, as far as calling me a anti, that is laughable because basiclly you are attacking me lol.. i have not attacked anyone is any posts that ive ever posted on this forum other then maybe KKS , and that was well deserved.Again im sorry if you feel like i should leave the forum but again that is my right to post and not your right to take away from me..

Edit: also no where in my post did i say i dont like them anymore, i stated ive lost alot of interest, and later on in my posts i also stated it was CCM/KKS not T-ara that has made me feel that way.. Reading Comprehension FTL

Have a nice day!!!

I think what he's saying is that his opinion of T-ara of individuals has changed. Not them as say, a group functioning.

I myself don't really think of some of the members as modest and sweet people as a whole (Hyomin in particular), unlike a lot of people here seem to think of them as. Not all idols are exactly nicey nicey people and fans should honestly face that reality. In fact, many fans can't accept it being thrown in front of their faces and that's one of the biggest weaknesses every Kpop fandom has - many are outright gullible and reactionary.

Even then you can't easily 'alter' an online chat without being some genius hacker. It's simply not possible. It's like trying to change the online status post of someone else in Facebook. Assuming that it was a chat through via smartphone, then that makes it even more implausible. And if this anti was not part of Soyeon or those two people's inner circle, then why did he/she aim for her when it would have made a much bigger impact if say, Jiyeon or Hyomim's KakaoStory was dug into instead?

The problem here is that while people can accept T-ara are humans themselves and subject to mistakes, they're not in the same position as your average Jane or Joe because they're idols - meant to act as perfect products of humans to the public. If you want someone to blame, CCM is your target because they marketed them as such in the first place. In fact, the entire INDUSTRY is to blame for crap like this.

T-ara themselves though still very well should have known that they were going to sacrifice a lot of their privacy for an idol career (although I still do believe a long decent break from their slave schedules is an absolute must) and thus, should have been more careful, especially after that Twitter debackle last year.

Thanks scatter.. i pretty much agree with everything you are saying.we are pretty much on the same page on most the issues..

Antis failed again! :lol: Photoshopped the conversation. <_< Antis are so desperate to bring our beloved T-ara down while bring the fandom down along with it. When something bad happens the antis come out and try to bring others down, trying to spread the word that there is no good in this world, when in fact there is good and there's plenty of it to spare and more.

This sure was completely uncalled for. Soyeon didn't say anything very bad about anyone at all. And if some people still hate T-ara and their guts, well, they should have not bothered reading articles about them, listening to their music or even watch their MVs. I absolutely want everyone to leave Soyeon and the rest of T-ara alone if they still hate them even after the big scandal last year