Diadem Forums

[13.01.22] T-ara Soyeon's agency, "Just friends talking about friends, not celebrities"

nathaniel

I just don't get why T-ara or CCM have to go out of their ways to please them haters. Before the scandal and before CCM screwed everything it'd been good to have someone capable but now people are just biased against them and will find every little thing to turn it into a big issue. No matter what they say or do they'll just continue being hated on. So yeah even saying she'll be reflecting or whatever is useless (idek what's there to 'reflect' about though, the one reflecting should be the reporter who blew this out of proportion and made a news article about something private but hey that's just my opinion).

Idek I just find this controversy so mindbogglingly stupid but I guess that's Korea for u.

Gosh, how can a conversation with friends become such a big issue? :mellow: Netizens will never rest until they bring T-ara down. I think it is pretty hard for our girls to handle it. Bullying or whatever, in my opinion, everything's just a misunderstanding. And yeah, we have to get used to things like that because it will take some time to netizens, media and stuff to forget about it.

We are very important in times like these~ Let's show our support and love more than ever :)

HWAITING!

May be regular netizen. Soyeon and her friends were talking about this in Kakao story. I dont know what this is but the way they said it, it seems like Kakao story is not a private room to chat. I think its more like a room where people can have group chat. One of the Knetizens comment was"Why did they have to talk in Kakao story?". But This is just my assumption based on a comment.

Edit: yeah,it said" they should have Kakao talk not Kakao story". So they were basically having general chat not private so one of the netizen who saw it must have leaked it.

Still, a KakaoStory user can actually still choose to filter his/her own chats and pictures to private or public (user myself here and you can search it up if need be) - if Soyeon or either of those two others had kept their stuff set to private mode, then there's no way your regular netizen can ever dig into it unless he/she happens to be in the friends' list of either of these three - which if that were the case, it'd be someone within their circle that leaked it.

If it is true Soyeon or any of those two didn't keep it in private, then by all means they've clearly done a mistake on their part in having it in public and Soyeon hasn't exactly learnt so deeply from the Twitter incident, or at least was a bit short-sighted.

But even then, a typical netizen with zero relation to those three still need to know the specific ID of their accounts to ever dig up in conversations like this unless we're talking about someone who has cyber law enforcement background and experience, which again, is still pretty unlikely and the idea of a hacker smashing into those accounts is laughable. The hardcore number of antis among the general antis themselves is quite rare too but even they have their own lives to go on with outside of the computer or smartphone screen.

t ara being journalists and netizens attack

if Soyeon is not a member of t ara. I do not think this article

things just to make them disintegrate and cause people to lose faith in t ara

Korean netizens are very jealous because even t ara boycott but they still for the love of overseas fans and deliberately false rumors

t ara danger.

try think if hsoyeon not members of t ara will not have this article

Anti's and little tween girls will always find a way to hate just about anything. Even though we aren't really sure what really happened they will always assume and go all butthurt over the smallest things. It sometimes boggles my mind, and makes me wonder why they would care so much about kpop idol(s) lives as if it were their own. That and the fact they they don't even like the idol they are bashing.... worries me....what kinda people are behind those computers.

But anyways,These doesn't really concern us that much, I mean it'll probably effect the baddies of the anti T-ara world. Pretty sure our fangroup will stay strong.....unless some gets all butthurt over this article and starts to bash on T-ara lol. (still making me wonder)

tumblr_m7a4e5r7lo1r43vmio1_500.gif

Cr: Gif credits to Hyominfangirl @ tumblr

I'm reading some of these posts... And honest to say I'm disappointed... I don't want to lock these girls in voiceless cages. Just because u r a celebrity doesn't mean ur not human. =/

The problem is that the agencies market their idols as 'perfect' beings incapable of doing serious flaws and T-ara is no Block B. It's a central issue in K-pop and it doesn't help that fans and the public as a whole also fall for this scheme too, despite occasional reports that Idol A did this to Idol B and that Idol Group 1 is suffering from internal problems while Idol Group 2 is fighting its own agency and so forth (probably due because that the names are never even revealed, therefore not getting enough of the public's interest).

They're basically public and 'perfect' figures meant and built for young people to look up to, to put it basically. And Korea has a rather severe obsession with making itself look perfect in front of people's eyes >__>.

First of I AM GENUINELY SURPRISED THAT KKS managed a good RP move this time around.

Second Scatter I'm starting to think Korea would never be able to handle a certain someone called Marshall Matters because lately every time i hear someone twisting something a T-ara member said His Track "Criminal" pops into my mind.

Yes Idols are indeed picture perfect being forged for a young audience who is deeply Hypocritical, and retarded and naive, and so on, therefor the idols need to watch what they do and tread carefully because they are always walking on eggshells. BUT CMON! ARE KOREANS REALLY THIS BUTT HURT. THIS IS JUST...

I don't want to live in this world anymore. (Facepalm)

Still, a KakaoStory user can actually still choose to filter his/her own chats and pictures to private or public (user myself here and you can search it up if need be) - if Soyeon or either of those two others had kept their stuff set to private mode, then there's no way your regular netizen can ever dig into it unless he/she happens to be in the friends' list of either of these three

I was trying to teach a teacher. I forgot that you are a Korean yourself. I think either one of the 3 must have forgot to set to private mode. So basically Kakao is a Korean version of Mig33

@Renar - I don't think it's really that great of a PR move actually...granted, it's not as outright contradicting and full of BS compared to the previous statements in the past that look like a child made them up but still...

As the user junichi8369 pointed out in the other thread related to this earlier (cheers to you mate for the quick eye!), taken straight from the article...

The topic of ’Stitch’ in question came about because the tiger drawing on the shirt of the brand resembled ‘Stitch’ the character, and since a graduate student unni Soyeon knows wears that brand of clothing every time they meet, that is why they were talking about it,”

“The name of ‘Stitch’ being discussed is not even 1% related to a celebrity, and it seems Soyeon’s acquaintance just joked about ‘Stitch’ without any other intentions after seeing the brand’s clothing with a tiger drawn on it.” It was also added, “Also, the part about Soyeon’s acquaintances discussing ‘Stitch’s marriage is not about the graduate student unni who is a fan of the brand, but about another acquaintance they know who is about to get married.”

Sounds pretty contradictory there :/

The fact that Koreans can't accept anything more than perfection in their society as a whole (idols are only just one part of all this) is what makes it really troublesome to stuff like this. I mean sure, I could understand people flaming people like Daesung and Nickhun because a life was actually lost (though in Nickhun's case, almost) or GD getting caught with marijuana, Rain and his lackluster service in military duty or T-ara for the Twitter incident and beyond but getting mad over trivial stuff like this is pretty far-fetched, definitely agreed.

I was trying to teach a teacher. I forgot that you are a Korean yourself. I think either one of the 3 must have forgot to set to private mode. So basically Kakao is a Korean version of Mig33

That probably and arguably is the very likely case, or alternatively, one of the two girls decided to leak it because she has some deep personal beef against Soyeon or something. Even if it was set in private mode, there is still a decent chance one of the people in either of their friends' list could have spotted it and leaked it themselves. Possibilities are endless.

In a way yes, Kakao is like Mig33 and any other social network app/site you'll run across to. Btw, might want to edit your post there lol. There's four copies of the same sentence hahaha.

Hi guys there is news that Soyeon's conversation was actually 'edited' by an anti-fan.. hope Diadem will post this news soon.

Wait, how on earth was it actually 'edited'? Is that even possible?

Online chats aren't something you can edit so easily unlike documents or status posts though...unless this anti is supposedly some genius wizard of a hacker, which still seems rather unplausible.

Wait, how on earth was it actually 'edited'? Is that even possible?

Online chats aren't something you can edit so easily unlike documents or status posts though...unless this anti is supposedly some genius wizard of a hacker, which still seems rather unplausible.

They simply cut the upper part of the chat where there is a picture of Soyeon wearing a shirt with an image who resembles to stich.

This is easy because they don't need to edit a chat, but the screen of the chat; and edit a picture is way too simple.

Here the edited part:

ibmWTeSSMHORSO.jpg

They simply cut the upper part of the chat where there is a picture of Soyeon wearing a shirt with an image who resembles to stich.

This is easy because they don't need to edit a chat, but the screen of the chat; and edit a picture is way too simple.

Here the edited part:

Ah, cheers for the clear-up there :)

But still, looking at that pic, I only see just one message below the picture and editing words in a picture isn't exactly what I'd call something easy either, since you'd have to make sure the font is in line with the other text as well.

Ah, cheers for the clear-up there :)

But still, looking at that pic, I only see just one message below the picture and editing words in a picture isn't exactly what I'd call something easy either, since you'd have to make sure the font is in line with the other text as well.

Well, i edit a school report once, and it was really easy just with paint. With more advanced software is something possible.

Anyway is not this case. According to what i read they just cut that upper part, and nothing more.

Also the news about the conversation was 'edited' actually didn't came from CCM it was actually from news websites' investigation (wow internet tabloid journalist working to vindicate T-ara..? that's rare)

I've read AKP's translation but I would trust it more if our usual Diadem translators could post this.. Thanks

Oh yeah and it's really not that difficult to edit images.. I did this in 30 seconds with paint (printscreen, copy paste to paint, crop, erase text, write text) Now imagine what a dedicated anti with a dedicated software can do.

editpic.jpg

Another one for all you conspiracy theorists out there... Isn't it a coincidence that this 'mini scandal' came out during CCM's promotion of SPEED? Just like the previous scandal during 'Day by Day' promo & half the members with Drama acting plans? I know there were incidents & CCM blundering that sparked the scandals but somehow every thing CCM does get negative press & blown out of proportions just when it was gearing up to get into the major leagues. K-pop has a cutthroat competition going on, I wouldn't be surprised that other agencies are loving CCM's troubles.

The fact that Koreans can't accept anything more than perfection in their society as a whole (idols are only just one part of all this) is what makes it really troublesome to stuff like this. I mean sure, I could understand people flaming people like Daesung and Nickhun because a life was actually lost (though in Nickhun's case, almost) or GD getting caught with marijuana, Rain and his lackluster service in military duty or T-ara for the Twitter incident and beyond but getting mad over trivial stuff like this is pretty far-fetched, definitely agreed.

Well heres the thing.. even in USA celebrities are scrutinized for their actions.albeit not as much as in Asian countries and especially not as much as Korea..IMO Idols really need to watch what they say and what they do before they do it.. like i said before, anything T-ara does is being watched and the girls should realize that and not put themselves in any kinda situation that will cause any kinda of controversy... Being a Idol is enough for them to realize everyone in Korea, not to mention Kpop fans all over the world watch everything they do and say..CCM really needs to put a "gag order" on T-ara as far as any social media, online chatting or any other communications othen then maybe text and phone calls to fellow members..that is just the social aspect of it.That not mentioning public appeareances and performances.. IMO they have had a few performances since the hwayoung scandal that have been really lackluster.. T-ara as a group needs to come out HARD.. like when a new group performs and noone knows who they are.. they perform at 110%.. these girls need to realize how bad their image is getting and need to step it up and not get comfortable.. a year and half ago they could of done that but especailly not now.As far as PR goes.. MNET needs to fire KKS and CCMs' PR and restructure IMO.. get some people in there that actually know what they are doing.. and before you flame me, im not saying someone like me cause im not a ceo lol..

Well heres the thing.. even in USA celebrities are scrutinized for their actions.albeit not as much as in Asian countries and especially not as much as Korea..IMO Idols really need to watch what they say and what they do before they do it.. like i said before, anything T-ara does is being watched and the girls should realize that and not put themselves in any kinda situation that will cause any kinda of controversy... Being a Idol is enough for them to realize everyone in Korea, not to mention Kpop fans all over the world watch everything they do and say..CCM really needs to put a "gag order" on T-ara as far as any social media, online chatting or any other communications othen then maybe text and phone calls to fellow members..that is just the social aspect of it.That not mentioning public appeareances and performances.. IMO they have had a few performances since the hwayoung scandal that have been really lackluster.. T-ara as a group needs to come out HARD.. like when a new group performs and noone knows who they are.. they perform at 110%.. these girls need to realize how bad their image is getting and need to step it up and not get comfortable.. a year and half ago they could of done that but especailly not now.As far as PR goes.. MNET needs to fire KKS and CCMs' PR and restructure IMO.. get some people in there that actually know what they are doing.. and before you flame me, im not saying someone like me cause im not a ceo lol..

Lol, I don't flame people unless I'm absolutely certain they're incorrect and in a way, I do actually agree with you at certain points lol.

Honestly, I think laying low is still the best option for them to take. Nickhun did that by avoiding public appearances for 6 months or so and has so far received very little flak as of current and the same applies to Daesung.

However, at their current working rate and schedules they'll never be able to really pull off spectacular performances especially since they hadn't gotten so much as a decent break for a very, very long time. If they were to perform at 110% as you say, they need to lay off the steam in them, lay low for a long time and then prepare. Everything and everyone has their limits and the way I see it, T-ara had been overstretching themselves for far too long both mentally and physically, ultimately leading to one of the biggest scandals in Kpop and even now, they're not given much respite.

I'm inclined to also add that T-ara could have become one of THE biggest girl groups in Kpop after SNSD and 2NE1 had it not been for CCM's ridiculously poor management, strategy and tactics, as well as KKS's idiocy and stubborn thickheaded attitude. I'm pretty sure the members are very well aware how bad their image is but the central problem is that they simply don't have the power to improve it since CCM's in charge of that.

While I do agree that the members need to be much more careful regarding privacy due to the nature of their occupation, the most biggest problem to their woes as a whole is CCM itself.

PR aside, CCM as a company itself needs to be restructured starting off by putting someone who's actually competent and not as much of a slave-driver as KKS.

Bottom line - for what you say to work, T-ara needs to lay low first, replenish themselves and CCM to meet some radical changes whether it be Mnet finally giving KKS the boot, the company collapsing financially, some other company buying CCM and its assets off for itself or hell, maybe even KKS dying of some heart attack or traffic accident etc.

Also the news about the conversation was 'edited' actually didn't came from CCM it was actually from news websites' investigation (wow internet tabloid journalist working to vindicate T-ara..? that's rare)

I've read AKP's translation but I would trust it more if our usual Diadem translators could post this.. Thanks

Oh yeah and it's really not that difficult to edit images.. I did this in 30 seconds with paint (printscreen, copy paste to paint, crop, erase text, write text) Now imagine what a dedicated anti with a dedicated software can do.

Another one for all you conspiracy theorists out there... Isn't it a coincidence that this 'mini scandal' came out during CCM's promotion of SPEED? Just like the previous scandal during 'Day by Day' promo & half the members with Drama acting plans? I know there were incidents & CCM blundering that sparked the scandals but somehow every thing CCM does get negative press & blown out of proportions just when it was gearing up to get into the major leagues. K-pop has a cutthroat competition going on, I wouldn't be surprised that other agencies are loving CCM's troubles.

Regardless however, there's still not enough info regarding this 'insider' or 'tabloid journalist' to make what he/she says seem entirely credible and trustworthy, and it merely splits people further and intensifies the debate between everyone. If such people were indeed taken as legitimate, then I would also easily agree with the one that claimed Soyeon was kicked out of SNSD because she seduced the group's manager during her trainee days there.

Ultimately, what boils down is exactly who edited and/or leaked this to the press - it could be an anti-fan of T-ara or Soyeon herself (another subtle sign of rebellion against CCM...???) or someone in her or those two others' inner circle (or one of the two girls themselves) that decided to take it as an opportunity for whatever reason. It would highly depend if the convo was set to private or public - if the former is true, that narrows down suspects a lot. If not, then it could have been any anti not related to either of those three.

As for the coincidence, the thing is however is that SPEED isn't exactly popular and many people don't really give much of a damn about them and were thought to have flopped and died since the last time they ever did anything was nearly a year ago.

I would agree agencies that are outside of KEPA (which is surprise, surprise, led by none other than KKS himself and directors those from Cube, Woolim, Starship and TS Ent) such as SM, YG, JYP, DSP and Pledis probably laughed at CCM's idiotic way of handling T-ara and all that, the chances of a third party getting itself involved to somehow block out SPEED's promotions would be low, because as said above, many people don't care about SPEED and would automatically show disdain or disinterest towards it regardless.

CCM itself had been dousing gasoline on itself long before a lot of people started hating against it, starting off with the debacle between KKS and Nam Gyuri in 2009 and it doesn't help all those previous issues before the Twitter scandal made the flames bigger (T-ara member additions, KKS threatening the members themselves, 5dolls' bully scandal and so forth).

For all its' worth, every agency (or at least those outside KEPA) should be laughing at CCM because of how poorly it has handled itself and its groups for so long.

Edit - if I were a conspiracy theorist, I probably would have believed for all that crap claiming Kpop's controlled/infiltrated by the Illuminati and all that kinda weird rubbish lol

lol oops should of made it clear.. i didnt mean that You Scatter were gonna flame me.. i meant the forum posters in general.. cause as i was typing that i was imagining people posting.. "well if your so smart why dont you CEO... or you cant"...sorry for the misunderstanding lol.. and also scatter.. WTF??? Are you in my brain or what??.. cause as i read your last post, all those points were in my head lol..

They do need to take at least a 6month break if not almost a year.. fine let them promote outside korea.. cause thats been working.. but lessen the load and let them rest so they can come back like they need to.. or even a hiatus from all promos would work.. but that will never happen cause CCM is too money hungry, considering their other groups arnt really doing anything.. also i dont see ccm giving them any extended period off..At this rate if this keeps going i really dont see them being together very much longer.. 1yr 2 yrs max.. seems like KKS doesnt learn from history.. T-ara = the next seeya?

Oh lol, that's alright haha. We all make a few typos here and there occasionally lol.

And no, I'm not in your brain XD. I just...read and think too much on how T-ara could improve itself without having to suffer costly losses such as devastating scandals, crazy loonies and a delusional and retarded CEO .___.

Though definitely full agree with your points there. Even if CCM promotes its other groups, it's more of a sign of desperation because T-ara's income isn't sufficient enough but even then, I doubt it'll promote them properly. CCM debuted Gangkiz and Co-Ed School (and its subgroups) because it thought T-ara's popularity and involvement could give a boost but it didn't really produce any kind of particular success and when KKS saw this (again, a huge flaw), he simply gave up and neglected on them. I'd even say CCM got very lucky with T-ara, rather than actual ability to manage the group properly.

I swear, people should really buckle up for the worst to happen cuz I got a feeling the road is still gonna be bumpy for T-ara >__> Honestly, I actually predicted T-ara would end up in some really major crap since early last year but alas, the powder keg exploded in July, a lot sooner than expected :/