Diadem Forums

[13.01.22] T-ara Soyeon's agency, "Just friends talking about friends, not celebrities"

nathaniel

Scatter I'm gonna ask you something publicly this time and i hope no one else will mind even though What I'm about to write might not be all that PG.

You said that Koreans are a tad perfectionists witch given Japans perfectionist tendencies i can sort of understand, and i have slowly come to accept that things in Asia are different then here in Europe but tell me this then, why is someone as lame pathetic and useless like KKS still in charge of so much crap like Kepa, Mnet, T-ara? He is far for perfect he has on multiple occasions proved to be vain, stubborn, thickheaded, dump, idiotic, childish, closet peddobear, and in general blinded by his own hubris. Much of what he does isn't oriented towards perfection or even doing a good job,and even if he would think the opposite the results have proved him wrong over and over again. So is this ridiculous need for perfection an actual reality of Korean society and the Kpop industry or just some hypocritical made up BS they like to shove in the face of others in order to make themselves feel more special?

I'm not trying to be racist here (even though to many i will most likely seem like it) but I'm loosing my bearings, because it's more and more hard for me to understand the reactions and actions of the Korean public, the agencies, the anties and so on because the whole T-ara issue is being treated the way it is (for me at least) without any logical basis or foundation, and lately everything they do is just taken out of context to satisfy some weird, sick and disgusting need of the Korean Public.

I mean no offense to anyone but this whole chat business just takes the cake, crap like this to me isn't even newsworthy, yet alone something to be outraged about.

well gangkiz really never did anything..they pretty much flopped.. and Co-ed ummmm.. groups dont usually subunit till a few promos from the main group.. kinda shows how desperate ccm was to try anything to make $$$'s .....

I really dont see how soyeons looks really play any part into this convo.. thats pretty much a spam post IMO.. lol

Scatter I'm gonna ask you something publicly this time and i hope no one else will mind even though What I'm about to write might not be all that PG.

You said that Koreans are a tad perfectionists witch given Japans perfectionist tendencies i can sort of understand, and i have slowly come to accept that things in Asia are different then here in Europe but tell me this then, why is someone as lame pathetic and useless like KKS still in charge of so much crap like Kepa, Mnet, T-ara? He is far for perfect he has on multiple occasions proved to be vain, stubborn, thickheaded, dump, idiotic, childish, closet peddobear, and in general blinded by his own hubris. Much of what he does isn't oriented towards perfection or even doing a good job,and even if he would think the opposite the results have proved him wrong over and over again. So is this ridiculous need for perfection an actual reality of Korean society and the Kpop industry or just some hypocritical made up BS they like to shove in the face of others in order to make themselves feel more special?

I'm not trying to be racist here (even though to many i will most likely seem like it) but I'm loosing my bearings, because it's more and more hard for me to understand the reactions and actions of the Korean public, the agencies, the anties and so on because the whole T-ara issue is being treated the way it is (for me at least) without any logical basis or foundation, and lately everything they do is just taken out of context to satisfy some weird, sick and disgusting need of the Korean Public.

I mean no offense to anyone but this whole chat business just takes the cake, crap like this to me isn't even newsworthy, yet alone something to be outraged about.

I think when he put perfectionists he meant more so how korean fans view entertainers and every aspect of those entertainers lives.. be it business or personal.. Also in general, Asia is more about "face" value.. meaning how your percieved and viewed is huge in most asian cultures.Alot of asian cultures judge peoples characters and it really holds ALOT of weight when people decide what kinda of person they think you are...Any thing done to deface or lower the public view of that is considered really bad, its more about "Honor" <~~~for a lack of better words.. Im a Japanese American so its different for me because i live in the USA and i would think for you also cause your in Europe...Over here if someone looks at you and judges you , who cares?? not sure how it is in europe, but im sure its more like USA then ASIA

Yah i agree the chat thing is really dumb to make a big deal about if it was in anywhere but Asia(korea moreso then most). but thats coming from a non asian culture standpoint..

@Renar - ah, I'll explain about the whole KKS in charge of CCM and KEPA and all that and so on. Junichi has described a good portion of what you're asking and I'll explain the rest.

In Korea, in your typical work environment, it's expected of employees to not oppose their higher-ups at any cost unless they're seriously risking the chance of getting the boot (though this may not be the same case with those that are relatives or friends of said higher-ups), even if you're opposing for legitimate, valid and good reasons. Korea's still stuck with the whole ranking system and authority by years in the field or age rather than actual ability.

In Korea, basically it's all about the more connections you have, the better your lifestyle gets. To put it very simply, nepotism and cronyism are very, very prevalent amongst Koreans, including Korean immigrants living overseas - even with the part-time jobs I got, most of them were simply because the employers were close business partners or associated with my dad.

In the showbizz and amongst corporations and big agencies, it's much more prevalent and probably even more severe (case example - Samsung once got heavy flak for promoting more family relatives into high positions rather than professional and skilled managers a long time back).

Aside from KKS's stupidity, keep in mind that the Korean public didn't really take much notice of him until the T-ara member additions were announced and that they are very, very gullible to the slightest of things - as evident by a lot of baseless rumors and flimsy evidence, not to mention the media outlets have more so than often been under CCM's payroll. Given KKS's position as CEO and head of KEPA (which both he probably got through blackmailing those above him, bribery or connections or even all three combined), in a matter of speaking no one lower than his 'rank' in both those organizations is ever going to risk their lives to defy him.

That's why he gets away with so much crap he does, with only the public and agencies outside of KEPA having a bad image towards him (among those agencies, SM is probably THE most biggest opposition since JYJ joined CJ-M.Ent, which is part of the chaebol CJ Group that also owns Mnet) while those under his influence don't really do jack.

So is this ridiculous need for perfection an actual reality of Korean society and the Kpop industry or just some hypocritical made up BS they like to shove in the face of others in order to make themselves feel more special?

It's pretty much a combination of both, to be honest.

Koreans to have very, very high expectations and standards in general, which boils down to the Kpop industry trying to use idols to represent that Koreans and Korea as a whole are 'perfect people' (and this simply inflates/raises the expectations/standards of Korean society even further) while slamming down anyone that doesn't meet their standards (both agencies and Koreans as a whole), making themselves imperfect without even realizing they contradicted their own image.

That's pretty much the most simplest way to describe it. Though ultimately, the Korean public pretty much fell victim to the way idols and celebrities as a whole are represented and marketed by the agencies, along with sects in the government that are very highly nationalist and vocal about their rather biased beliefs.

Having lived in Korea myself and in a Western country too (New Zealand to be exact), I do actually agree with your criticism regarding Korea's society and social issues and typical attitudes, though I wouldn't say the public themselves are entirely to blame for. They're basically sheep, to put it simply.

@scatter Well at least now i know why you look up to the T-ara members with such passion, even going so far as joining the military to get stronger. I mean to have to put up with thins kind of corrupt, and broken society, and have a boss like KKS, not to mention all these little pointless "scandals" these girls either have a MASSIVE pair of cohones and nerves of steel or they mus have something even more.

Yep I now once again realize why i like T-ara so much.

@Eunjung4eva - wait, what was a mistake?

@Renar - Lol, me joining the military isn't really related to my mindset regarding T-ara, at least not among my top reasons to enlist anyway though granted, their excessive work hours make me feel pretty chicken in comparison (and even then, the military here also has a 9 to 5 work hours except for deployments or field training exercises).

But yea, to endure all the shadiness and corruption in the showbizz environment, a society that's easily gullible to such marketing from said industry as well as lies from a few whacks and crazy coopheads like KKS in high positions and leading even a union (that is assuming KEPA can even be considered as one), it's not something your average Joe or Jane would want to do unless he/she is willing to take some seriously immoral or devastating sacrifices (both physically and mentally) along the way.

The tragedy is T-ara has had more internal handicaps than other comparable groups, mostly related to management and that it wasn't resolved and simply kept under the rug until everything went KABOOM last year.

Well,invading people privacy is wrong in the first place.

Beside Soyeon did not mention or bash anything bad.All she did was "Daebak Stitch".

But why is all the bashing towards Soyeon.It make no sense at all.

I guess Netizen really like to put the blame on T-ara.This people should really learn and open their hearts

for T-ara.Editing their chat conversation by making Soyeon look bad is totally a wrong thing to do.

^ It is wrong but there's a difference between that of an idol and a typical average Joe and Jane. Unfortunately, the agencies market such idols as 'perfect gods and goddesses' in the first place while the gullible public and fans eat it all up, hence creating the supposed belief idols are some divine beings or something like that - netizens become a byproduct of it as such.

While I openly, if not fully disagree with CCM in pretty much every issue (if anything, it deserves such), Soyeon could have been more wise enough not to pull off such a risky move, assuming the chat wasn't set to private mode. If it was set in public, then she deserves some flak for not being careful with her words - even the slightest of seemingly insulting words can bring in heavy flak from others. It simply just shows again that CCM can't manage for crap. You see SNSD having no social network profiles but at the same time, they've been scandal-free and contact with friends and family is heavily kept under wraps to avoid anything potentially career-breaking.

Furthermore, there's no conclusive evidence that 100% proves that chat was indeed edited simply because some 'insider' or 'tabloid journalist' said it. Why is Soyeon being bashed? Because people are gullible to a few dedicated crazies and that T-ara's already been in multiple controversies before, added with CCM's thickheaded excuses. There's no way many people in Korea would really open their hearts to T-ara when the group itself has a pretty pathetic company leading them, which has made things a lot worse. Even if they do, they can't put their trust in the group because again - CCM prevents full-out honesty from T-ara's own words, unlike groups such as Block B who actually sincerely apologized in front of the screen while Nickhun and Daesung simply kept low, the latter doing church work.

Anyways, the real issue is simply this - WHO edited or/and leaked it to the press. It could have been anyone, hell maybe even Soyeon herself (in a subtle way of what, showing disobedience towards CCM? But chances of that probably aren't that high but hey, Soyeon's known to be more 'rebelling' in words, ain't she?). It's not exactly a simple black-and-white issue, much like other scandals that T-ara has gotten themselves into since last year.

Poor Soyeon... although this incident much like the others before all stem from one source... themselves. They know that they are under watchful eyes in their own land and yet they continue to potentially mess up their own careers because of reckless sns usage...

We can all sit here and blame CCM (because honestly, why the hell not) but the fact remains that these are their own acts, decisions and carelessness. They should know by now that their management is about as good as managing them as I am flying without any use of special tools and vehicles, so slip ups like these are kinda stupid at this point.

Having said that, I actually think that they should just forget it and just go back to using SNS regularly... they aren't learning how to use it responsibly anyway, their company isn't gonna get better at PR and lets face the facts, korea will NEVER look at them the same way ever again anyway, haters will always hate and people already have this big B word in place before their group name when they think about them. Cut your losses and just reach out to the fans who actually care about you... Which probabaly wont ever happen because apparently CCM is a big collection of management pros.

For people who got burned by social media, T-ara sure is brave/reckless. Might be a reflection of how gung-ho CCM made their comeback. Personally, glad that they did [comeback]; after the silence, its nice to see them again. However, the comeback highlighted some negative effects on T-ara resulting from their Twitter scandal (look at Boram).

I always thought that they'd stay clear from all social media (or heavily screened by CCM, but likely the latter might be the biggest 'error'). Soyeon's recent debacle, whether intentional, a slip, or even fabrication (as recent evidence showed), social media is proving to be a bane to T-ara. Even with the most meticulous work, a momentary lapse can be disastrous, not to mention the hordes of ravenous antis or opportunists out there.

As much as it is nice to see the girls give an update on themselves (a statement here, a selca there), best T-ara give it up (say a year or maybe until they cease being in the public eye). Or maybe, avoid making statements and just stick to selcas (oh wait, that doesn't sound right *recalls IU's scandal). If they can't stay away from social media, then just show their defiance and go out full force. Going piecemeal is career suicide, to say the least .

As for T-ara supporters, take each news about the girls with a grain of salt, whether its bad news or good news (yes, especially good news). Things easily get out of hand by reacting irrationally. If there is something to be gleaned from last year, its to keep an open mind, though its tall order as rationality and Kpop don't mix (hope not).

PS: CCM (seemed) to have learned its lesson from the last controversy, and put out a prompt (and sane?) announcement. Which still makes me think the whole snowballing of the Twitter scandal was planned by dear ol' KKS (sarcasm intended).

Just forget with those stupid God-Wannabe a.k.a brainless netizens.Why dont you all just mind your own life? Seem your personal life damn suck and that the reason why a sick creature like these God-Wannabe always trying to be a great judge! Wake up sick kids! Mind abd go away and please manage your own life before judging or interrupting others life.

For people who got burned by social media, T-ara sure is brave/reckless. Might be a reflection of how gung-ho CCM made their comeback. Personally, glad that they did [comeback]; after the silence, its nice to see them again. However, the comeback highlighted some negative effects on T-ara resulting from their Twitter scandal (look at Boram).

I always thought that they'd stay clear from all social media (or heavily screened by CCM, but likely the latter might be the biggest 'error'). Soyeon's recent debacle, whether intentional, a slip, or even fabrication (as recent evidence showed), social media is proving to be a bane to T-ara. Even with the most meticulous work, a momentary lapse can be disastrous, not to mention the hordes of ravenous antis or opportunists out there.

As much as it is nice to see the girls give an update on themselves (a statement here, a selca there), best T-ara give it up (say a year or maybe until they cease being in the public eye). Or maybe, avoid making statements and just stick to selcas (oh wait, that doesn't sound right *recalls IU's scandal). If they can't stay away from social media, then just show their defiance and go out full force. Going piecemeal is career suicide, to say the least .

As for T-ara supporters, take each news about the girls with a grain of salt, whether its bad news or good news (yes, especially good news). Things easily get out of hand by reacting irrationally. If there is something to be gleaned from last year, its to keep an open mind, though its tall order as rationality and Kpop don't mix (hope not).

PS: CCM (seemed) to have learned its lesson from the last controversy, and put out a prompt (and sane?) announcement. Which still makes me think the whole snowballing of the Twitter scandal was planned by dear ol' KKS (sarcasm intended).

You make a pretty good point that the group probably should stay out of social media if they ever want to keep their careers going.

This reminds me that SM's idols (or rather, SNSD only) tend not to have social medias themselves and even if they do, the ID usernames and all that are kept under lids very tightly (and heck, probably also change routinely) - and so far, tend to stay very scandal-free for the most part, save for Super Junior.

Had T-ara simply followed Block B's way after their own scandal about their comments regarding the Thailand flood, things likely wouldn't have been as bad. And no, CCM's statements is still pretty laughable lol. It just doesn't sound as crazy as their previous ones in comparison hahaha.

Just forget with those stupid God-Wannabe a.k.a brainless netizens.Why dont you all just mind your own life? Seem your personal life damn suck and that the reason why a sick creature like these God-Wannabe always trying to be a great judge! Wake up sick kids! Mind abd go away and please manage your own life before judging or interrupting others life.

I think you're underestimating and overgeneralizing the netizen community in Korea there - a netizen is an citizen in an online community. Not solely a bunch of rapid whacks who spend their 24/7 in the computer, as what international fans seem to hold in view. First and foremost, everyone (including here) is a netizen.

Secondly, netizens in Korea HAVE proven to have done some serious dig-ups that are worth taking consideration about - the recent one about revealing KEPA's staff is one of them and heck, there is a reason people joke that the Korean police should hire netizens.

Thirdly, any netizen (or anti if you want to make things more narrowed) does have a life - as said, not everyone spends 24/7 on the computer. Koreans are known to work for very very long hours, the same applying to students in general. It's not like every single of them is that typical fatty loser who stays in their parents' basement or attic - that's a huge stereotype.

In an opposite viewpoint based on your logic, people can easily say all fans have no life either, spending money and at times, unnecessary gifts for their idols or furiously/irrationally defending their bias.

@Scatter_88mil Have you heard that Soyeon's Stitch rumors turned out to be completely false?I tried not to be bias but it seems that they WERE talking about Stitch - not an actress.AKP already posted to clarify this rumor a few days back but apparently, AKP deleted that post and I was like, WTF?Why would they deleted one of the only good news regarding T-ara?Uuugh...!!There was a Korean article on that but I couldn't read Hangul so I didn't really know if it's 100% true.I was wondering if you might have known this?

One of the things that really bugs me is that,Mr. Pedobear didn't even want to have a little conversation with Leader Sso regarding the controversy and quickly made an official statement saying that they were talking about a normal person,not a celebrity.People still hating on her saying whether it's an actress or not,it's still bad.The fact is,they were not talking about anyone.

This is not his first time doing such an idiotic decision.

1)T-ara only know the leader-changes through news.

2)T-ara only know the member-addition through news.

He didn't even bother to talk to the girls beforehand!!What the hell is wrong with him?How could someone with this head full of idiocy holds the most important position in a company is a complete mystery.K-netizens a.k.a the FBI should investigate this (and no,I didn't mean to offend you :P).

@Scatter_88mil Have you heard that Soyeon's Stitch rumors turned out to be completely false?I tried not to be bias but it seems that they WERE talking about Stitch - not an actress.AKP already posted to clarify this rumor a few days back but apparently, AKP deleted that post and I was like, WTF?Why would they deleted one of the only good news regarding T-ara?Uuugh...!!There was a Korean article on that but I couldn't read Hangul so I didn't really know if it's 100% true.I was wondering if you might have known this?

One of the things that really bugs me is that,Mr. Pedobear didn't even want to have a little conversation with Leader Sso regarding the controversy and quickly made an official statement saying that they were talking about a normal person,not a celebrity.People still hating on her saying whether it's an actress or not,it's still bad.The fact is,they were not talking about anyone.

This is not his first time doing such an idiotic decision.

1)T-ara only know the leader-changes through news.

2)T-ara only know the member-addition through news.

He didn't even bother to talk to the girls beforehand!!What the hell is wrong with him?How could someone with this head full of idiocy holds the most important position in a company is a complete mystery.K-netizens a.k.a the FBI should investigate this (and no,I didn't mean to offend you :P).

I can't really expect it to believe it were completely false.

From what I read in Netizenbuzz, this particular actress Yoon Eun Hye supposedly modelled for the brand Kenzo up to the point stocks even were completely sold out and was actually nicknamed Stitch quite a long time before (supposedly due to her two front teeth sticking out distinctively) - and actually got Kenzo brand items for free because they sponsored her as a result of helping them sell out a lot of their items.

And frankly, at least from my experience with Korean girls, gossiping about someone negatively is very, very common (even friends do it to each other's backs) compared to those of other ethnicities I know - much more than talking about the cartoon on their shirts lol (even my mother laments Koreans are the most worst gossipers, especially among small communities and the K-idol community is also fairly small too, at least the ones that are relevant in public anyway).

That sort of stuff would definitely spark jealousy among other celebrities and Soyeon can't be counted off as an exception. As for AKP...I won't even get down to that lol. If you can show me the link to that K-article, by all means it'd be appreciated and I'd be happy to translate lol. If it's from Newsen though, don't waste your breath because they're a media outlet known to be under CCM's payroll by punching out pro-T-ara articles while also putting out anti-KARA ones at the same time.

Korean netizens can be plain crazy at times (and the same also applies to international fans, which Seoulbeats recently covered) though once in every while, you do get a few that actually know how to use their brains.

Now that I think about it, there probably indeed are a few K-netizens that indeed may have specialized law enforcement or military background and training .___. If they can find out identities of people faster than even the police can, it does spark some degree of possibility. The private detective/investigator industry is pretty well-developed in Korea (heck, even my granddad was one himself a long time ago after leaving the police force) and offers a wide range of services so it may be possible some of those K-netizens are from such occupations operating on their own free will or in someone's payroll, though the latter may not be likely since PIs in Korea charge a huge sum of money for their work up to the point your typical anti can't pay it unless he/she is one heck of a rich person - and by that, someone who makes hundreds of thousands a year at least.

Okay, now I'm going off-topic lol.

I found this article by E-news, which seemed to be the source of the article on AKP claiming that the conversation had been edited: http://m.enews24.int...49951_2381.html

I do wonder why AKP decided to delete that post, though...

This is the translated from google translate lol...too bad its literally word for word so it doesnt make sense.. and i really dont feel like sorting it out lol.. if you read hangul here ill put it after the english crap translation lol...

News] Lee Jin Ho 'I might have been too harsh'

Talent and Tiara So-yeon radiant untimely controversy Gossip 'online hot, heats of late in the facts of the case unfolds, is attracting attention. So-yeon for grudges edit only irritating part. "Controversy" seems eNEWS in a phone call with an official said on acquaintances in real stitch "the dialog to point to a particular celebrity, but the remark was" he explained said.

The Internet community bulletin So-yeon the cacao stories in the last 16 days the polished to capture conversations and Soissons, actress photo came up.

Photos captured inside the same clothes me. "" So-yeon and Soissons dressed all luxury brands of T-shirts commented sponsored Shua "saved" clothes difficult, suppose derogatory referring to Catherine Celebrity So-yeon "These days, the brand that the sister he invariably dressed as ... I can not wear, do not wear" answer to whether the allegations were .

Replied, "not a stitch?" Badged Soissons and the polished each other after such radiant "Stitch angry?" Following the controversy "old stitch" even'm old? "Punctuated

Cacao story eNEWS from the pictures obtained to confirm the results of these conversations was far from the first place, Gossip and Those photos look So-yeon's friend Kenzo man-to-man wearing a T-shirt carrying a cell phone posing sponsored

Made, and a similar shape and stitch the upper part of the character emerged as the previously mentioned conversation took place. Particularly controversial stitch which was' angry 'old' stitch ', was used as a wrinkled T-shirt character' Stitch 'angry (angry seems), the meaning of' wrinkled old stitch (was).

So-yeon's friend had to stitch wedding on the eve of the wedding was referring to another acquaintance. The information published on the Internet, but was salvaged edit these malicious conversed.

"Deplorable" incident inflate and spreading like a real gossip "through the aftermath of last year, Tiara netizens with some hard feelings seem to be this thing we ever," said the official said.

[이진호 기자] ‘너무 가혹한 것이 아닌가 싶다.’

티아라 소연과 탤런트 윤이나의 때아닌 ‘험담 논란’이 온라인을 뜨겁게 달구고 있는 가운데, 사건의 진상이 뒤늦게 밝혀져 관심을 모으고 있다. 한 관계자는 eNEWS와의 전화 통화에서 “소연에 대한 악감정으로 자극적인 부분만 편집돼 논란이 인 것 같다”면서 “해당 대화는 특정 연예인을 가리킨 것이 아니라 진짜 스티치를 입은 지인을 두고 나온 말 이었다”고 해명했다.

최근 인터넷 커뮤니티 게시판에는 소연이 지난 16일 카카오스토리에 배우 윤이나, 수아와 나눈 대화를 캡처한 사진이 올라왔다.

캡쳐된 사진 속에는 소연과 수아가 입은 모 명품브랜드의 티셔츠를 보고 "나와 똑같은 옷이네"라고 댓글을 단 내용이 담겼다. 이에 수아가 "옷을 어렵게 구했다"고 하자 소연은 "요즘 그 브랜드를 그 언니께서 죄다 입으시니...난 못 입어, 안 입어"라고 답해 선배 연예인을 지칭해 비하한 것이 아니냐는 의혹이 일었다.

이에 윤이나가 "스티치 아니야?"라는 답글을 달았고 수아와 윤이나는 이후 서로 "화난 스티치?" "늙은 스티치" "심지어 늙었어?"라는 글을 이어가 논란으로 불거졌다.

하지만 eNEWS에서 해당 카카오 스토리 사진을 입수해 확인한 결과 이들의 대화는 애당초 험담과는 거리가 멀었다. 해당 사진에는 겐조 맨투맨 티셔츠를 입은 소연의 지인이 핸드폰을 들고 포즈를 취하는 모습이 담겼다.

캐릭터의 상단 부분이 부각이 되면서 스티치와 비슷한 모양이 만들어졌고, 이에 앞서 언급한 대화가 이뤄졌다. 특히 논란이 됐던 ‘화난 스티치’, ‘늙은 스티치’는 구겨진 티셔츠 캐릭터 ‘화난 스티치’(화난 것처럼 보인다), ‘늙은 스티치(주름졌다)의 의미로 쓰였다.

소연의 지인들이 나누었던 스티치 결혼식에 대한 내용은 결혼식을 앞둔 또 다른 지인을 지칭했다. 하지만 인터넷 상에 공개된 내용들은 이들이 악의적인 대화를 나눈 것인양 편집됐다.

이 관계자는 “지난 해 티아라 사태 이후 일부 악감정을 가진 네티즌들을 통해 이번 일이 이뤄진 것 같다”면서 “마치 진짜 험담을 한 것처럼 사건이 부풀려지고 퍼지는 것이 안타깝다”고 말했다.

the girls should be more careful especially the ''bullying'' issue that start the fire up last year

because of the issue the girls should learn from their mistakes and turn their head before leaving footprints behind

however i don't satisfy about the judgement from netizens

why only soyeon get the blame? how about the rest??

the girls should be more careful especially the ''bullying'' issue that start the fire up last year

because of the issue the girls should learn from their mistakes and turn their head before leaving footprints behind

however i don't satisfy about the judgement from netizens

why only soyeon get the blame? how about the rest??

i agree that soyeon shouldnt be blamed solely.. but really who are the other 2 people?? they are no where near in the public eye as soyeon is .

Idols really need to watch what they say and what they do before they do it.. like i said before, anything T-ara does is being watched and the girls should realize that and not put themselves in any kinda situation that will cause any kinda of controversy... Being a Idol is enough for them to realize everyone in Korea, not to mention Kpop fans all over the world watch everything they do and say..CCM really needs to put a "gag order" on T-ara as far as any social media, online chatting or any other communications othen then maybe text and phone calls to fellow members..that is just the social aspect of it.That not mentioning public appeareances and performances.. IMO they have had a few performances since the hwayoung scandal that have been really lackluster.. T-ara as a group needs to come out HARD.. like when a new group performs and noone knows who they are.. they perform at 110%.. these girls need to realize how bad their image is getting and need to step it up and not get comfortable.. a year and half ago they could of done that but especailly not now.

Sometimes I find it at odds end when it comes to the perception for people outside the walls to assume they're watching literally "everything" that the people on the inside are doing. If this were true, everybody in the world will know exactly "everything" about the idols (And I do mean "everything"), and what they are doing right this very second now. But sadly, no, that is not the case. People do respect other people's privacies, and give the idols time for themselves to live their lives. Unless the idols themselves strap on a live streaming camera to themselves and record everything they do, from going to the bathroom to company meetings. Again, this perception really doesn't mean what it is saying. It's not so much for them to be careful what they say and/or do, but also in part for fans as well. Antis failed with the bullying issue, failed to kill Hwayoung's celebrity career, failed to ban T-ara members from acting, failed on trying to silence T-ara from making their comeback, failed on trying to excommunicate Areum and Dani, failed again with the pachinko machine, and failed miserably yet again on this online conversation. Since all of these are mass failures, why bother to use them as means of something creditable, when in fact, all of them are not? Seriously, all of this unnecessary hating does not help T-ara, let alone the fandom at all. Having them come out every now and then is a good thing. I agree, T-ara should come out stronger and a lot more confident, they surely have many fans who still love and support them.

Honestly, I think laying low is still the best option for them to take. Nickhun did that by avoiding public appearances for 6 months or so and has so far received very little flak as of current and the same applies to Daesung. However, at their current working rate and schedules they'll never be able to really pull off spectacular performances especially since they hadn't gotten so much as a decent break for a very, very long time. If they were to perform at 110% as you say, they need to lay off the steam in them, lay low for a long time and then prepare. T-ara had been overstretching themselves for far too long both mentally and physically, ultimately leading to one of the biggest scandals in Kpop and even now, they're not given much respite.

Having the girls to come out every now and then is a must, because it'll help bring them back on the path that they were previously on. That incident with Nickhun and the events with Big Bang, has no bearing with T-ara's problems. The girls will be making a comeback in Japan, thankfully. And let's be clear about this, again, their hard work is not the reason why that happened. Remember, antis tried to remove them from their top idol status, while thinking idiotically, by having such a mass problem will give the girls a break, when in fact, it did not, and only left the girls hurting even way more physically and mentally, and severely emotionally.

I'm inclined to also add that T-ara could have become one of THE biggest girl groups in Kpop after SNSD and 2NE1 had it not been for CCM's ridiculously poor management, strategy and tactics, as well as KKS's idiocy and stubborn thickheaded attitude. I'm pretty sure the members are very well aware how bad their image is but the central problem is that they simply don't have the power to improve it since CCM's in charge of that. While I do agree that the members need to be much more careful regarding privacy due to the nature of their occupation, the most biggest problem to their woes as a whole is CCM itself. PR aside, CCM as a company itself needs to be restructured starting off by putting someone who's actually competent and not as much of a slave-driver as KKS. Bottom line - for what you say to work, T-ara needs to lay low first, replenish themselves and CCM to meet some radical changes whether it be Mnet finally giving KKS the boot, the company collapsing financially, some other company buying CCM and its assets off for itself or hell, maybe even KKS dying of some heart attack or traffic accident etc.

Actually, the antis are the ones responsible for trying to bring T-ara down, not Core Contents Media. This entire portion of your statement is quite misleading and bears no proof of evidence.

Regardless however, there's still not enough info regarding this 'insider' or 'tabloid journalist' to make what he/she says seem entirely credible and trustworthy, and it merely splits people further and intensifies the debate between everyone. If such people were indeed taken as legitimate, then I would also easily agree with the one that claimed Soyeon was kicked out of SNSD because she seduced the group's manager during her trainee days there.

I would suggest don't make snap, unproven judgments then from now on.

Ultimately, what boils down is exactly who edited and/or leaked this to the press - it could be an anti-fan of T-ara or Soyeon herself (another subtle sign of rebellion against CCM...???) or someone in her or those two others' inner circle (or one of the two girls themselves) that decided to take it as an opportunity for whatever reason. It would highly depend if the convo was set to private or public - if the former is true, that narrows down suspects a lot. If not, then it could have been any anti not related to either of those three. As for the coincidence, the thing is however is that SPEED isn't exactly popular and many people don't really give much of a damn about them and were thought to have flopped and died since the last time they ever did anything was nearly a year ago. I would agree agencies that are outside of KEPA (which is surprise, surprise, led by none other than KKS himself and directors those from Cube, Woolim, Starship and TS Ent) such as SM, YG, JYP, DSP and Pledis probably laughed at CCM's idiotic way of handling T-ara and all that, the chances of a third party getting itself involved to somehow block out SPEED's promotions would be low, because as said above, many people don't care about SPEED and would automatically show disdain or disinterest towards it regardless. CCM itself had been dousing gasoline on itself long before a lot of people started hating against it, starting off with the debacle between KKS and Nam Gyuri in 2009 and it doesn't help all those previous issues before the Twitter scandal made the flames bigger (T-ara member additions, KKS threatening the members themselves, 5dolls' bully scandal and so forth). For all its' worth, every agency (or at least those outside KEPA) should be laughing at CCM because of how poorly it has handled itself and its groups for so long.

That's another thing, a portion of the antis hold a huge grudge against Core Contents Media since SeeYa's time, and some since Hwayoung's addition to the group. If anyone can recall how that ended, both Nam Gyuri and Kim Kwang Soo both forgave each other and no legal matters were pursued after that. The T-ara members themselves accepted Hwayoung into the group, because they got to know her well. Antis can't let go of the bad things, let alone able to learn from their own mistakes and make things better for others. They just continue to go on hating for no good reasons, whatsoever.

Edit - if I were a conspiracy theorist, I probably would have believed for all that crap claiming Kpop's controlled/infiltrated by the Illuminati and all that kinda weird rubbish lol

Weird upon weirder remarks still makes it weird nonetheless.

They do need to take at least a 6month break if not almost a year.. fine let them promote outside korea.. cause thats been working.. but lessen the load and let them rest so they can come back like they need to.. or even a hiatus from all promos would work.. but that will never happen cause CCM is too money hungry, considering their other groups arnt really doing anything.. also i dont see ccm giving them any extended period off..At this rate if this keeps going i really dont see them being together very much longer.. 1yr 2 yrs max.. seems like KKS doesnt learn from history.. T-ara = the next seeya?

Core Contents Media is not money hungry since they're turning down huge money offers here and there. But they do have bills to pay, and employees to take care of. Antis are really trying many ways to hurt Core Contents Media. I believe T-ara will endure for a very long time. :)

Though definitely full agree with your points there. Even if CCM promotes its other groups, it's more of a sign of desperation because T-ara's income isn't sufficient enough but even then, I doubt it'll promote them properly. CCM debuted Gangkiz and Co-Ed School (and its subgroups) because it thought T-ara's popularity and involvement could give a boost but it didn't really produce any kind of particular success and when KKS saw this (again, a huge flaw), he simply gave up and neglected on them. I'd even say CCM got very lucky with T-ara, rather than actual ability to manage the group properly.

There's no proof to say that was the reason why they debuted Gangkiz and Co-Ed School. Core Contents Media gain much success during the early half of 2010, which most likely gave them more room to introduce more idols to help spread out the demand for their services and prove that they are a company that can produce successful idols. Enter Hwayoung and her twin sister's group Co-Ed School in the latter half of that same year. When Gangkiz debuted they were moved to GM Contents Media as an "expansion". They came back to Core Contents Media, along with Co-Ed School in their respective sub-units, Speed and 5dolls, in the latter half of 2012 due to that anti-surge against T-ara. This doubled and piled on harder on both groups because antis hated on Core Contents Media "as a whole", which included them as well. Idiots. See, this is where the phrase, "Doing more harm than good." is played. Hurting everybody with it's delusional paranoia.

I'm not trying to be racist here (even though to many i will most likely seem like it) but I'm loosing my bearings, because it's more and more hard for me to understand the reactions and actions of the Korean public, the agencies, the anties and so on because the whole T-ara issue is being treated the way it is (for me at least) without any logical basis or foundation, and lately everything they do is just taken out of context to satisfy some weird, sick and disgusting need of the Korean Public. I mean no offense to anyone but this whole chat business just takes the cake, crap like this to me isn't even newsworthy, yet alone something to be outraged about.

No, I'm not offended, nor think of you as such, rest assured. I agree, it is not newsworthy, which is why I didn't bother coming here until the truth be told about it, and it did. I'm more outraged at the negative responses and those trying to bring the girls down, let alone, trying to silence them, than mentioning about some anti trying to hurt the girls, Soyeon to be more specific, yet again. As for the inquiry about "perfectionists", no culture in the world is without that driving need to "do the very best" one can do under whatever current circumstances they are involved in. Realistically, every culture in the world encourages everybody to do the very best that they can. The ones that stand out, are the flawless, undefeated, and literally "perfect" in some shape or form. If you look at sports, the team that has a perfect score will seem like the most candidate to win a championship, as opposed to the opposing team with defeats. Even if the perfectly scored team lost, they still get the respect for working very hard. Record wise, they will still be ranked high, despite the championship lost. When a perfectly ranked team wins a championship, it still proves that they worked very hard to earn that championship. As for idols, I don't think there's that many who portray the girls as "perfect", despite the word being thrown around to express how satisfied they are after a performance, and the girls themselves who remind us that they will continue to strive to become even better next time around.

I think when he put perfectionists he meant more so how korean fans view entertainers and every aspect of those entertainers lives.. be it business or personal.. Also in general, Asia is more about "face" value.. meaning how your percieved and viewed is huge in most asian cultures. Alot of asian cultures judge peoples characters and it really holds ALOT of weight when people decide what kinda of person they think you are...Any thing done to deface or lower the public view of that is considered really bad, its more about "Honor" <~~~for a lack of better words.. Im a Japanese American so its different for me because i live in the USA and i would think for you also cause your in Europe...Over here if someone looks at you and judges you , who cares?? not sure how it is in europe, but im sure its more like USA then ASIA Yah i agree the chat thing is really dumb to make a big deal about if it was in anywhere but Asia(korea moreso then most). but thats coming from a non asian culture standpoint..

I don't think every single fan in Korea view idols as "perfect" when the idols themselves reveal their own flaws from time to time. I believe some people take the whole "being perfect" attitude way out of context, not to mention media standpoints who comment to such a degree to better portray, if not embellish the view point for a more positive outlook for future referencing. As for the image take, every celebrity, whether they be Athletes, C.E.O.s, World Leaders, and Entertainers, all have an image, which is no different in how a company runs a business to service the public more comfortably and interactively everywhere around the world, including the U.S.

In Korea, in your typical work environment, it's expected of employees to not oppose their higher-ups at any cost unless they're seriously risking the chance of getting the boot (though this may not be the same case with those that are relatives or friends of said higher-ups), even if you're opposing for legitimate, valid and good reasons. Korea's still stuck with the whole ranking system and authority by years in the field or age rather than actual ability. In Korea, basically it's all about the more connections you have, the better your lifestyle gets. To put it very simply, nepotism and cronyism are very, very prevalent amongst Koreans, including Korean immigrants living overseas - even with the part-time jobs I got, most of them were simply because the employers were close business partners or associated with my dad. In the showbizz and amongst corporations and big agencies, it's much more prevalent and probably even more severe (case example - Samsung once got heavy flak for promoting more family relatives into high positions rather than professional and skilled managers a long time back).

In the working environment, it is more of a group cohesion, it certainly does not exclude, nor bans individuals from suggesting an alternative, considerable course of action. A challenge of authority is given only when the authority is found guilty on the grounds of rule breaking and/or criminal activity, which happens to include abuse and/or lack of responsibility. It is a given that family bias in business do have its very own leeway in handling matters, and that can be found in many places around the world, not just Korea. But even in that aspect, it doesn't work that well either in some cases. For example, the younger generations tend to view some aspects in business and government to have a high rate of corruption when news breaks out publicly of a busted corruption operation inside, due to official investigations. And yes, this happens everywhere too in the world. Like every system around the globe, they all try very hard to stop such corruption from disabling the working system. If the family is caught, then it should help to curb out more from doing the same in the future. Which is a good thing. But, please keep in mind that the business model does encourage a good relationship amongst workers to better help one another as a group, and family is probably one of the most influential aspects that holds quite well together as opposed to a complete stranger. Remember, even when getting to know someone, that person becomes less and less of a stranger to you. Which is why businesses like a "people person" as to a "lone wolf" in the company. The working dynamics are more centered around education and profession status with more emphasis on cooperation and non-confrontational community outlooks while developing good relationships as a group, in order to form a stable model basis to do business.

Aside from KKS's stupidity, keep in mind that the Korean public didn't really take much notice of him until the T-ara member additions were announced and that they are very, very gullible to the slightest of things - as evident by a lot of baseless rumors and flimsy evidence, not to mention the media outlets have more so than often been under CCM's payroll. Given KKS's position as CEO and head of KEPA (which both he probably got through blackmailing those above him, bribery or connections or even all three combined), in a matter of speaking no one lower than his 'rank' in both those organizations is ever going to risk their lives to defy him. That's why he gets away with so much crap he does, with only the public and agencies outside of KEPA having a bad image towards him (among those agencies, SM is probably THE most biggest opposition since JYJ joined CJ-M.Ent, which is part of the chaebol CJ Group that also owns Mnet) while those under his influence don't really do jack.

Koreans to have very, very high expectations and standards in general, which boils down to the Kpop industry trying to use idols to represent that Koreans and Korea as a whole are 'perfect people' (and this simply inflates/raises the expectations/standards of Korean society even further) while slamming down anyone that doesn't meet their standards (both agencies and Koreans as a whole), making themselves imperfect without even realizing they contradicted their own image. That's pretty much the most simplest way to describe it. Though ultimately, the Korean public pretty much fell victim to the way idols and celebrities as a whole are represented and marketed by the agencies, along with sects in the government that are very highly nationalist and vocal about their rather biased beliefs. Having lived in Korea myself and in a Western country too (New Zealand to be exact), I do actually agree with your criticism regarding Korea's society and social issues and typical attitudes, though I wouldn't say the public themselves are entirely to blame for. They're basically sheep, to put it simply.

Yet again, need concrete proof that such allegations are true. If such things are being imposed by him over the other members of Korea Entertainment Producer's Association, won't it be in the interests to turn him over to the authorities? I think so. I'm pretty sure they won't hesitate in removing such abuse of authority in the organization. And if I'm not mistaken, isn't Kim Young Jin the Chairman/President of KEPA?

South Korea is using idols because of the international feedback that they are getting, not because they are "perfect people", given the interviews by both YG Entertainment and SM Entertainment staffers not too long ago.

But yea, to endure all the shadiness and corruption in the showbizz environment, a society that's easily gullible to such marketing from said industry as well as lies from a few whacks and crazy coopheads like KKS in high positions and leading even a union (that is assuming KEPA can even be considered as one), it's not something your average Joe or Jane would want to do unless he/she is willing to take some seriously immoral or devastating sacrifices (both physically and mentally) along the way. The tragedy is T-ara has had more internal handicaps than other comparable groups, mostly related to management and that it wasn't resolved and simply kept under the rug until everything went KABOOM last year.

There is still good in the entertainment industry and there are those who still crack down on corruption wherever they are in the system, which allows those who is willing to pursue such endeavors, can do so. Companies still provide the means to teach and guide those willing to reach such star statuses. South Korean Government even has family meeting sessions for those who are going into the fields of entertainment. I find it unwise to think society in such derogatory terms, because if that were truly the case, such companies would be the highest and biggest companies than any other industry in South Korea, since they are not, it just proves that society is not gullible, nor are they idiots, when it comes to marketing advertisements. I certainly don't think T-ara made it to the top echelon of idols because they have handicaps.

It is wrong but there's a difference between that of an idol and a typical average Joe and Jane. Unfortunately, the agencies market such idols as 'perfect gods and goddesses' in the first place while the gullible public and fans eat it all up, hence creating the supposed belief idols are some divine beings or something like that - netizens become a byproduct of it as such. Soyeon could have been more wise enough not to pull off such a risky move, assuming the chat wasn't set to private mode. If it was set in public, then she deserves some flak for not being careful with her words - even the slightest of seemingly insulting words can bring in heavy flak from others. It simply just shows again that CCM can't manage for crap. You see SNSD having no social network profiles but at the same time, they've been scandal-free and contact with friends and family is heavily kept under wraps to avoid anything potentially career-breaking. Furthermore, there's no conclusive evidence that 100% proves that chat was indeed edited simply because some 'insider' or 'tabloid journalist' said it. Why is Soyeon being bashed? Because people are gullible to a few dedicated crazies and that T-ara's already been in multiple controversies before, added with CCM's thickheaded excuses. There's no way many people in Korea would really open their hearts to T-ara when the group itself has a pretty pathetic company leading them, which has made things a lot worse. Even if they do, they can't put their trust in the group because again - CCM prevents full-out honesty from T-ara's own words, unlike groups such as Block B who actually sincerely apologized in front of the screen while Nickhun and Daesung simply kept low, the latter doing church work. Anyways, the real issue is simply this - WHO edited or/and leaked it to the press. It could have been anyone, hell maybe even Soyeon herself (in a subtle way of what, showing disobedience towards CCM? But chances of that probably aren't that high but hey, Soyeon's known to be more 'rebelling' in words, ain't she?). It's not exactly a simple black-and-white issue, much like other scandals that T-ara has gotten themselves into since last year.

Oh my goodness, not all fans are die hards for them. Is it wrong for a young teenager to have optimistic views on others? Again, an anti edited the conversation and leaving the other parts out of it. This paranoid ordeal started accusing Soyeon about talking trash on Yoon Eun Hye, which wasn't true. Now antis and haters are using this opportunity to bash on the company again, so pathetic.

Poor Soyeon... although this incident much like the others before all stem from one source... themselves. They know that they are under watchful eyes in their own land and yet they continue to potentially mess up their own careers because of reckless sns usage...We can all sit here and blame CCM (because honestly, why the hell not) but the fact remains that these are their own acts, decisions and carelessness. They should know by now that their management is about as good as managing them as I am flying without any use of special tools and vehicles, so slip ups like these are kinda stupid at this point. Having said that, I actually think that they should just forget it and just go back to using SNS regularly... they aren't learning how to use it responsibly anyway, their company isn't gonna get better at PR and lets face the facts, korea will NEVER look at them the same way ever again anyway, haters will always hate and people already have this big B word in place before their group name when they think about them. Cut your losses and just reach out to the fans who actually care about you... Which probabaly wont ever happen because apparently CCM is a big collection of management pros.

How can this be considered online recklessness when an anti clearly only focused on one part of the conversation and made up a false accusation against Yoon Eun Hye and tried to blame it all on our Soyeon. How is this even Core Contents Media's fault? This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

For people who got burned by social media, T-ara sure is brave/reckless. Might be a reflection of how gung-ho CCM made their comeback. Personally, glad that they did [comeback]; after the silence, its nice to see them again. However, the comeback highlighted some negative effects on T-ara resulting from their Twitter scandal (look at Boram). I always thought that they'd stay clear from all social media (or heavily screened by CCM, but likely the latter might be the biggest 'error'). Soyeon's recent debacle, whether intentional, a slip, or even fabrication (as recent evidence showed), social media is proving to be a bane to T-ara. Even with the most meticulous work, a momentary lapse can be disastrous, not to mention the hordes of ravenous antis or opportunists out there. As much as it is nice to see the girls give an update on themselves (a statement here, a selca there), best T-ara give it up (say a year or maybe until they cease being in the public eye). Or maybe, avoid making statements and just stick to selcas (oh wait, that doesn't sound right *recalls IU's scandal). If they can't stay away from social media, then just show their defiance and go out full force. Going piecemeal is career suicide, to say the least . As for T-ara supporters, take each news about the girls with a grain of salt, whether its bad news or good news (yes, especially good news). Things easily get out of hand by reacting irrationally. If there is something to be gleaned from last year, its to keep an open mind, though its tall order as rationality and Kpop don't mix (hope not).

Those negative feedbacks are clearly from those who still hate them with no solid proof whatsoever to justify such actions back then, and let's not forget the positive feedback when they did return to the stage, not to mention a good standing on the charts. There are still supporters of T-ara online, especially in the international communities around the world, and if what they are saying about making it successfully in Japan, and comeback to Korea, it's all good and no cause for worry.

You make a pretty good point that the group probably should stay out of social media if they ever want to keep their careers going. This reminds me that SM's idols (or rather, SNSD only) tend not to have social medias themselves and even if they do, the ID usernames and all that are kept under lids very tightly (and heck, probably also change routinely) - and so far, tend to stay very scandal-free for the most part, save for Super Junior. Had T-ara simply followed Block B's way after their own scandal about their comments regarding the Thailand flood, things likely wouldn't have been as bad. And no, CCM's statements is still pretty laughable lol. It just doesn't sound as crazy as their previous ones in comparison hahaha.

Having the girls mentioned every now and then actually still helps out by keeping their positive momentum going. Silence is not the answer, that's for sure, because that would mean they have nothing further to do in their careers. Thus, hearing from them is good, and they do still have things to do to further their careers positively. This whole comparison between problems with other groups does not make any point whatsoever, because T-ara's problem is very different from theirs.

I think you're underestimating and overgeneralizing the netizen community in Korea there - a netizen is an citizen in an online community. Not solely a bunch of rapid whacks who spend their 24/7 in the computer, as what international fans seem to hold in view. First and foremost, everyone (including here) is a netizen. Secondly, netizens in Korea HAVE proven to have done some serious dig-ups that are worth taking consideration about - the recent one about revealing KEPA's staff is one of them and heck, there is a reason people joke that the Korean police should hire netizens. Thirdly, any netizen (or anti if you want to make things more narrowed) does have a life - as said, not everyone spends 24/7 on the computer. Koreans are known to work for very very long hours, the same applying to students in general. It's not like every single of them is that typical fatty loser who stays in their parents' basement or attic - that's a huge stereotype. In an opposite viewpoint based on your logic, people can easily say all fans have no life either, spending money and at times, unnecessary gifts for their idols or furiously/irrationally defending their bias.

I believe you're mistaken about the netizen address in that posting. It is quite well-known that some "netizens" are indeed anti-T-ara. That is whom it was addressed to, and not the good ones in the bunch over there. To assume it was against the good ones, it would've been best to inquire if the posting was addressed to that portion of the group over there. And yes, "some" netizens do sit in front of the computer for very long periods of time, and accumulate additional physical mass due to the lack of physical fitness and exercise. Even though it is quite a stereotype and deprecatory, there's no such mentioning in that posting of such to begin with, henceforth, it shouldn't have been a point of concern in the first place.

Okay, now I'm going off-topic lol.

Very off-topic.