Diadem Forums

[13.02.07] YeIn E&M's Apology about Eunjung and Five Fingers

kkyc222

Beating a dead horse here, fellas. Honestly, the showbizz is crooked as hell (and Korea is no exception to this) and for all intents and purposes, I think it's best y'all now move on from this case. As much as how unjust Eunjung's case was, do note that it's also suicidal to cast an actress/actor who's in the midst of one of the biggest scandals in K-entertainment - and speaking of which, I saved a comment I saw from a forum regarding the whole 5 Fingers case a while back. Think this may be the time to show it now.

"I sympathize with Eunjung. However, this is how the entertainment industry works. Actresses/actors are dropped left & right and replace all the time. In Korea, the T-ara backlash was greater than what you read on the internet. This was a big production. I understand they couldn't gamble with this, so they made the sad decision to let Eunjung go. People are forgetting that the casts & staffs livelihood were also at risk. Five Finger has already taken a big hit. There are no winners here. KKS & Eunjung needs to put down their ego and move on. The one I actually feel for the most here is Joon Ji Hoon. After much hard work getting back to the top, his comeback drama was overshadowed by T-ara's scandal."

It's not like this company utterly smashed Eunjung's dream of becoming an actress into pieces permanently either. She can recover from this as time flies. As that comment says, there are no winners. While I disagree about Eunjung having such an 'ego', this drama wasn't all about Eunjung as a whole either.(think of the staff and other actors and actresses involved in the project).

Either way, neither side really gained anything.

I guess they are starting to feel the penalty that they earned for being such jerks, being unable to hire a large rooster of actors; guess they didn't thought it was going to be truly applied.

Thinking that a simple "apologies" (that looks to me that is one of those with blank places for 'insert name here' and 'here'...) from their side will make everything alright. Hoping that with the kind words that Eunjung said a couple months ago about wanting to lift the penalty became truth after they recognized "error in judgment".

But c'mon "error in judgment" sure there was, that or they just are the lowest vile of scum to use and throw away the hopes of an actor for a publicity stunt. But thinking there was just a "bad judgment" call, why did it take about half a year to realize that? I mean, being a 24/7, fast paced country for sure they were slow...

Well when you put it that way Scatter, yeah that is a good point. Frankly because of all the butt hurt Knetizens and hypocrites the production company had no choice in the matter. But that still doesn't make it alright if you ask me. Well at least they apologized and that should count for something, though they still were pretty close to setting a very dangerous precedent with this. As for EJ sje allready said she wants to put this behind her and that she is done with it, so yeah your right we should move on as well.

Well when you put it that way Scatter, yeah that is a good point. Frankly because of all the butt hurt Knetizens and hypocrites the production company had no choice in the matter. But that still doesn't make it alright if you ask me. Well at least they apologized and that should count for something, though they still were pretty close to setting a very dangerous precedent with this. As for EJ sje allready said she wants to put this behind her and that she is done with it, so yeah your right we should move on as well.

I never said it was justified but judging from the circumstances back then, it does make some sense for the production company to drop her off, even though they didn't do it in a very professional manner (which is the part most Diadems/Queen's seem pissed about).

On Eunjung's part, I think it would have been pretty darn stressful for her to cope up with the mental and physical trouble of both filming for a drama (note, Korean dramas film on a very tight schedule unlike US or British dramas in which everything is filmed and then broadcasted after) and T-ara's rep being put to dirt.

Undeniably, T-ara are tough ones with all their endless schedules and all but the situation at that time was unlike any other (evident that Eunjung's own mother also mentioned her daughter lost quite a bit of weight due to the stress so imagine how worse it could have been when filming). In a way, for her own health, being cut from the drama probably did her some good - which goes to say that I don't personally understand why a lot of fans always want the members in dramas when they're very well aware of T-ara's situation (which makes it a bit hypocritical in a way but that's just me).

The whole netizens being butthurt is basically public sentiment and if one looks deeper, K-netizens aren't always brash and crazy 24/7 either (for foreigners, the site netizenbuzz should show that just fine and on the bright side, it did finally wake the public up how much of a nutcase KKS is albeit at a heavy cost i.e. T-ara's own reputation). Which goes to say, international netizens can be just as bad as well (AKP being a particular example).

Bottom line, Eunjung probably sensed that no side was a clear winner in the issue and decided it was best to move on before everyone else (i.e. fans, antis, the general public, CCM and the YeIn) - plus it's not as if she had a complete loss in her career from it either.

Still waiting for Allkpop to post this article. But I have a feeling they won't because they hate T-ara :x

Yea well, it wasn't in Soompi either. Doesn't really matter if AKP 'hats' T-ara, they would have published an article anyway since it attracts a lot of attention from the I-fans whether if it's good or bad news. That's the media *shrugs*

Give it a couple more hours at the least. With the influx of articles regarding pretty trivial matters (though some are definitely serious), them writers probably have their hands full. Right now, people seem more bummed about Suzy having so many CFs or going crazy over BAP's supposed comeback.

say "sorry". is it too hard? we must wait very long time for this apologize? However, every thing is ok now. yein e&m apologize. i don't want this has twice. EJ 5ting!

Saying that you're sorry...brings shame to famiry. If they really meant to apologize, they would've sent a personal apology to her, not to the general public on the internet.

This apology was inevitable for YeIn E&M once the boycott started, and finally, they take responsibility for their own mistakes in a general public statement. I'm sure during all this time lots of work was being put into future contracts and procedures regarding this matter, and hopefully, everybody becomes aware that a mistake has been corrected in the entertainment industry, making it much more better, not worse. Yes, there is still lots of good in the world. :) I'm sure they will try to rebuild that bridge with Eunjung with their promise to help her, since she didn't want the boycott to happen in the first place.

Neither side couldn't come up with a solid lawsuit based on the signed contractual agreements, unless such matters were kept private and out of the earshot of the media, thus it makes sense that both parties lost something and nothing gained for either one of them back then. Given the situation though, I don't think it would've looked any better having a long drawn out court battle between the both of them, stringing along a potential legal precedence to establish a disclosure of private unrelated matters. Which by the way, would've been another epic fail on the antis part as well. But, now, Eunjung comes out on top of it, because she was publicly defamed by them initially, not to mention joined with those idiot antis' paranoid delusional surge indirectly, and went through the media to get public support for their insane decision. Since they apologized and vow to redeem themselves, it's good enough for me to forgive them and look for any signs that they are indeed doing their very best to restore Eunjung's loss since then. I hope to see her in a drama after their music schedulings for this year allows her enough time to do so. :)

I never said it was justified but judging from the circumstances back then, it does make some sense for the production company to drop her off, even though they didn't do it in a very professional manner (which is the part most Diadems/Queen's seem pissed about).

I recall reading that Eunjung wasn't able to tell them about what happened back then, which resulted in the push for her removal from the drama, which makes the entire idea for them to do so, "totally insane", under an agreed and signed contract, and especially after the drama's public press conference.

On Eunjung's part, I think it would have been pretty darn stressful for her to cope up with the mental and physical trouble of both filming for a drama (note, Korean dramas film on a very tight schedule unlike US or British dramas in which everything is filmed and then broadcasted after) and T-ara's rep being put to dirt.

-snip-

(evident that Eunjung's own mother also mentioned her daughter lost quite a bit of weight due to the stress so imagine how worse it could have been when filming)

-snip-

Bottom line, Eunjung probably sensed that no side was a clear winner in the issue and decided it was best to move on before everyone else (i.e. fans, antis, the general public, CCM and the YeIn) - plus it's not as if she had a complete loss in her career from it either.

Considering the advertising pull-outs back then, as well as other projects, and Hyomin's and Soyeon's drama coming under fire by antis, I'm sure Eunjung was pretty concerned about losing this drama too. Remember, they offered her the drama, and she accepted it. If she truly didn't want to work, she doesn't have to take the offer from them. I don't think she was feeling relieved and happy when she heard about her removal from the drama.

Again, delusional, paranoid antis thinking that this mess of theirs is actually beneficial for their health, when in fact it clearly wasn't, and did more harm to them mentally, physically, and vocationally. I swear, pushing and focusing this idiotic notion that it was good for T-ara is completely taciturn and imbecilic after all this time.

Eunjung+T-ara+Hello+Talk+Show+GIF(2).gif " think before you make a decision ..."... YeIn E&M you made a mistake for removing Eunjung in the drama .. and your apology was too late .. it really caused harm for our Eunjung ...but im hoping that our Eunjung will soon be back in dramas again .. Eunjung Fyting .. i hope this 2013 , t-ara will show what they've got .. T-ARA JJANG B)

"In this regard, we ask KEMA to understand our company’s position and request that the case “KEMA members’ boycott of YeIn E&M dramas for 2 years”, put forward by the Penalties Adjustment Ethics Committee, be withdrawn."

I feel like they are only writing this apology to get the penalty withdrawn. Poor Eunjung hwaiting!