Diadem Forums

[13.03.13] T-ara perform in front of 100,000+ fans, Japanese promotional tour met with great success

nathaniel

[13.03.13] T-ara perform in front of 100,000+ fans, Japanese promotional tour met with great success

201303131013361110_1.jpg

After a 15-city promotional tour in Japan, T-ara has returned to Korea.

T-ara departed for Japan on February 20th and toured over 15 locations including Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Sapporo and Fukoka. On the 10th, they came back to Korea.

In the 15 showcases in front of Japanese fans, T-ara caught the attention of over 100,000 fans and met with the Japanese fans to give them cards.

Hyomin was unable to attend the showcases because she is filming for the movie "Jinx" in Japan.

On the 14th, T-ara will depart at 5:15 PM for a Bangkok concert.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20130313n09298

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

100,000 fans is like 6500 people per event. they had decent turnout, but i don't think they had that many people, and i watched all of the videos watching the crowd shots, etc.

even if that number was embellished, there were many fans were there, and i'm sure bunny style will be very sucessful :)

I think more like 100,000 people that attended the performances. Not 100,000 fans. That is a huge starking difference.

If we take into a look into the numbers here, the Diadems here alone number at nearly 40,000 and that's a combination of multiple countries around the world. The Korean fandom, even larger than that (and even then, was still large enough to keep Sexy Love from being a big whacking flop, as many people expected it would). I really doubt there could be 100,000 people even considered as fans of the group in Japan.

Hell, even SNSD's J-fanbase alone there is probably around the 100-150k range, and that's being the second most popular K-girl group in Japan.

HM i think i am way out of line but I wouldn't mind seeing them perform in Tokio Dome and taking over the lead from Kara, though i know that's overreaching by far. Still it's nice to see them enjoying success instead of taking flak for some dumb controversy for a change.

I think more like 100,000 people that attended the performances. Not 100,000 fans. That is a huge starking difference.

Regardless, if a person stops in their tracks to watch and listen to the girls, and take into consideration of their talents and like it, automatically, that person is a fan. :)

If we take into a look into the numbers here, the Diadems here alone number at nearly 40,000 and that's a combination of multiple countries around the world. The Korean fandom, even larger than that (and even then, was still large enough to keep Sexy Love from being a big whacking flop, as many people expected it would). I really doubt there could be 100,000 people even considered as fans of the group in Japan.

A fan is a fan, and the international numbers are quite large in comparison.

I agree with Scatter that 100k people were visitors, less likely to be all fans.

Visitors can become fans too. :)

Regardless, if a person stops in their tracks to watch and listen to the girls, and take into consideration of their talents and like it, automatically, that person is a fan. :)

A fan is a fan, and the international numbers are quite large in comparison.

Visitors can become fans too. :)

From your logic, then that's like saying I'm a 'fan' of any other group I watch in some performance, which is absolute bullhonkey. Hell, maybe I'm a fan of that Christian contemporary music singer whose amazing performance I saw way back in 2011 too then. Right? Right? Regardless, it's idiotic to simply assume every member of the audience became a fan of theirs and only delusional people would believe such a thing.

I don't know where you got your thing about 'international numbers are quite large in comparison' but the Diadem Forums alone here is the largest collection and that number alone is 37,327 as of now. Add that with the total number of J-fans, and the total number would be at best 100-150k, not including the number of K-fans still around. SNSD's fanbase in Japan alone is likely around that range and KARA's one is probably even bigger.

It doesn't make any sense that T-ara's fanbase there could have caught up that quickly, especially since both KARA and SNSD have been promoting in Japan far longer than they have (in fact, far longer every year), not to mention more amount of effort was put in comparison.

@Scatter.. No offence to you mate, just wondering why I have never seen you happy or excited when T-ara achieve something or when news about their achievement is released. Yeah, for sure everyone who dropped by to watch T-ara's performance may not be fans or say J-Queen's bt in my opinion, if they werent fan or had no interest in T-ara, I suppose they wouldnt be there to see them. Well its just a waste of time according to me. I mean, why even bother to see the performance of those groups when you dont like them??

About the boost in their famdom, well they had the biggest controversy n the biggest publicity in 2012. Its cant be denied that they lost trust from Korean n no. Of K-Queen's decreased but it also cant be denied that new Queen's added too. If you look at the no. Of members that joined during August or Later than you will know many people became Queen's in Diadem alone, let alone worldwide. I dont find T-ara's fandom have boost in numbers STRANGE at all coz I am one of those member who accepted the Name Queen's during Bullying Contoversy.

@ Emperor Ryu.. I think we have same feeling towards T-ara n our defination of fan n being fan is almost same. At least comment wise or may be emotionally as well...