Diadem Forums

[13.03.13] T-ara perform in front of 100,000+ fans, Japanese promotional tour met with great success

nathaniel

Well on what you wrote Eunjung@eva the thing is there isn't much to be happy about, sure the girls are kicking ass and it's good they got good coverage and that Bunny Style was well received but what scatter wants to point out is that press releases often exaggerate and we as rational fans, NOT BIASED MORONS should be aware of the reality. I find his aproach of criticising over swollen numbers and exaggerates news refreshing.

@Renar... Yeah, criticism are welcomed. N more over when its from Scatter. I like his comment n the way he presents himself bt sonetimes... Well, everything he said may be true bt it cant be denied that Wht Emperor Ryu said maight to true as well. We all have different opinions n ways of understanding things. Well Scatter to his greater extent(I believe so) thinks that all ppls who cane to see T-ara are nt fans while I believe ppls wouldnt come to see idols if they dont like/ have interest on them.. So in my opinion if I like someone than I am their fan obviously. As simple as that..

Choosing not to believe everything that comes from T-ara n criticising them or believing everything they say & encouraging them are same. While Scatter chose to do first, I chose to do latter, so in this case its no-go to discuss coz we both strongly believe in our own opinion bt still thanks for the friendly advice Renar. My appericiation..

@Eunjung4eva - yea, what Renar basically said.

The point is that out of a total audience of 100k people, the number of those that became new fans is probably not very high as opposed to the number that actually watched the performances and simply moved on with their lives without giving the group much of a second thought. Most people in their late 20s to their 60s probably didn't care at all except think 'Oh well, that was a decent show....now back to what I was doing lalalala~'

If we assume the original article was sourced from Newsen, then it can't be trusted at all since Newsen itself is basically on CCM's payroll to write pro-T-ara articles while making anti-KARA ones at the same time.

Think of it this way - if you happen to be out shopping on a mall or a shopping street like Harajuku and see some idol group performing in the middle of the area, would you stop and mind your own business or watch by to see how it goes simply because so many others too are watching out of curiosity? Instinctively, chances are most people would be following the latter. While one can say T-ara is doing well on its own right, the horrible reality is that they're actually not very relevant in the Japanese music industry or even Japan as a whole. In fact, K-pop as a whole caters to a niche audience in Japan - and the same applies to SNSD and KARA to a degree.

Most people didn't come around to follow T-ara. No, T-ara just happened to be where your average Joe and Jane tend to hang out in public. Of course that gets attention but it doesn't guarantee decisive successful results.

As for the number of Queen/Diadems, even if the number of I-fans increased, T-ara effectively lost its homebase for profit (i.e. Korea, as with the majority of Kpop idol groups) - unless they try to go out like KARA in Japan (which is quite dubious), they're never going to be able to make themselves very relevant abroad. Which also goes to say - just how many of the Int'l and J-fans are actually active fans like their K-fan counterparts? How many of them are just casual fans? How many of them are just people with bare interest in the group? Plus assuming their contracts expire this year or the next, it may as well be CCM milking off cash from the group as much as possible till then without really giving much of a bother to T-ara's reputation.

Of the vast majority of Kpop idol fandoms, it's the Korean fandoms that tend to be larger, supportive, active and more bigger cashcows - losing a massive portion of that is a crippling blow in both the short and long-term and quite frankly, T-ara doesn't have a fully suitable replacement/substitute to that, even in Japan.

From your logic, then that's like saying I'm a 'fan' of any other group I watch in some performance, which is absolute bullhonkey. Hell, maybe I'm a fan of that Christian contemporary music singer whose amazing performance I saw way back in 2011 too then. Right? Right? Regardless, it's idiotic to simply assume every member of the audience became a fan of theirs and only delusional people would believe such a thing.

I don't know where you got your thing about 'international numbers are quite large in comparison' but the Diadem Forums alone here is the largest collection and that number alone is 37,327 as of now. Add that with the total number of J-fans, and the total number would be at best 100-150k, not including the number of K-fans still around. SNSD's fanbase in Japan alone is likely around that range and KARA's one is probably even bigger.

It doesn't make any sense that T-ara's fanbase there could have caught up that quickly, especially since both KARA and SNSD have been promoting in Japan far longer than they have (in fact, far longer every year), not to mention more amount of effort was put in comparison.

We all started being fans when hearing their songs for the very first time. No different than those in that picture, who stopped what their were originally doing, and taking notice of the girls. We became fans, because we enjoy their music, their dancing, and other talents. It is not delusional in anyway to assume they hated it, because if that were true, they would continue on with what they were originally doing, and ignore the girls. But as the picture is shown, that is not the case, so it would be truthfully delusional to assume they hate the girls and are not fans. Also, I don't see how your perspective on things match to those people in the picture when they clearly are not. Here's the thing for all those people who end up listening to an entire song and then come to the conclusion that they didn't like, when normally it takes a few seconds to at the most two thirds through the song, to be able to determine whether or not the song passes. If we're talking about different degrees of liking and disliking, there's no measure to prove in the report of such in the first place, and it's quite speculative and uncertain to assume that. Because it leaves room for either like or dislike to be present in such evaluations. Thus leaving those people with a twisted sense of indecisiveness between being a fan or not. There are times when a person who listened to the song for the first time, end up give it a few more tries to be better acquainted with it, and then end up liking it. Ergo, a fan.

This site is not the only one online that accommodates T-ara, and rest assured there are many fans around the world who don't have the time to spazz online, but do enjoy listening to their music from time to time. For example, 2NE1 currently has over 10 times the amount of international fans compared to the amount back in South Korea, logically, there are way more people living outside South Korea. So again, to assume there are more fans in South Korea than our countries, is quite idiotic.

In a word, "Internet". Not very hard to catch up for new people joining the fandom.

@ Emperor Ryu.. I think we have same feeling towards T-ara n our defination of fan n being fan is almost same. At least comment wise or may be emotionally as well...

Could be both. :) I find it even more strange that there are people in the fandom who just complain, and complain, and just complain some more, and offer no freakin' real "positive" solutions when a problem arises.

Well on what you wrote Eunjung@eva the thing is there isn't much to be happy about, sure the girls are kicking ass and it's good they got good coverage and that Bunny Style was well received but what scatter wants to point out is that press releases often exaggerate and we as rational fans, NOT BIASED MORONS should be aware of the reality. I find his aproach of criticising over swollen numbers and exaggerates news refreshing.

I do wonder sometimes, are the things we are seeing "in between the lines", really what it is, or just figments of the imagination? A better question to ask is, "Where's the proof?" So if someone chooses to remain a truly, unintelligent, half-baked, delusional idiot with no proof whatsoever who likes to sucker others into a personal, pessimistic dogma of Hell, then it is that person's own fault for getting into a losing argument, to begin with. So, the way I see it is based on the pictures where we can clearly see people/audience being very attentive to the girls. How can those pictures be interpreted as haters? If they were, shouldn't they be protesting quite physically in those images, holding up signs of hate toward the girls, and possibly throwing things at them, or inexplicably just walking and not paying any attention to the event that's happening nearby?

The point is that out of a total audience of 100k people, the number of those that became new fans is probably not very high as opposed to the number that actually watched the performances and simply moved on with their lives without giving the group much of a second thought. Most people in their late 20s to their 60s probably didn't care at all except think 'Oh well, that was a decent show....now back to what I was doing lalalala~' If we assume the original article was sourced from Newsen, then it can't be trusted at all since Newsen itself is basically on CCM's payroll to write pro-T-ara articles while making anti-KARA ones at the same time. Think of it this way - if you happen to be out shopping on a mall or a shopping street like Harajuku and see some idol group performing in the middle of the area, would you stop and mind your own business or watch by to see how it goes simply because so many others too are watching out of curiosity? Instinctively, chances are most people would be following the latter. While one can say T-ara is doing well on its own right, the horrible reality is that they're actually not very relevant in the Japanese music industry or even Japan as a whole. In fact, K-pop as a whole caters to a niche audience in Japan - and the same applies to SNSD and KARA to a degree. Most people didn't come around to follow T-ara. No, T-ara just happened to be where your average Joe and Jane tend to hang out in public. Of course that gets attention but it doesn't guarantee decisive successful results.

As for the number of Queen/Diadems, even if the number of I-fans increased, T-ara effectively lost its homebase for profit (i.e. Korea, as with the majority of Kpop idol groups) - unless they try to go out like KARA in Japan (which is quite dubious), they're never going to be able to make themselves very relevant abroad. Which also goes to say - just how many of the Int'l and J-fans are actually active fans like their K-fan counterparts? How many of them are just casual fans? How many of them are just people with bare interest in the group? Plus assuming their contracts expire this year or the next, it may as well be CCM milking off cash from the group as much as possible till then without really giving much of a bother to T-ara's reputation. Of the vast majority of Kpop idol fandoms, it's the Korean fandoms that tend to be larger, supportive, active and more bigger cashcows - losing a massive portion of that is a crippling blow in both the short and long-term and quite frankly, T-ara doesn't have a fully suitable replacement/substitute to that, even in Japan.

That's a pessimistic mental guess with no proof of that in the pictures. As Eunjung4eva said, if they didn't like it, they won't be hanging around. Since those people decided to stay and offer their attention to the girls, it would mean they are fans, or becoming fans. But there's a chance that they can pick up where they left off from the performance and continue on being a fan. We've all heard about some fans who didn't join earlier, and missed out on some of the things other fans got to experience. But that doesn't make them any less, even though they continue on with their responsibilities in their daily lives.

As for the media perspective, that is up to the reader/watcher/listener to decide which to believe, whether it be like a conspiracy theorists radio broadcasting and/or a warmongering news. And come to think of it, there are no news outlets that take a truly neutral position on issues, because they're all out to make money too with the headlines that get people's attention, right? It is common sense for a reasonable person to read about "all sides" and draw on their own conclusions. Not just stick to one side just because the other is the enemy. Heck, even in the media world, they take into account of each other and even go as far as to analyze the reporting. Which brings us back to square 1. Sure, every artist in a foreign country are visitors, whether it be on vacation, on business, or meeting up with friends and/or family, while the local people are the hosts. But that doesn't make the girls any less, nor does it make the locals haters. We all started somewhere to become a fan, and sometimes, it can be from these events, whether they be unexpected or anticipated from location to location.

Given the successes T-ara had and continues to have in Japan, doesn't make them any less from their J-Pop counterparts who share the same entertainment business. With the internet, things are becoming more global, and all artists are working together to perform on the world stage now. If some people in South Korea purchased their newest album, does that mean the girls lost their fans back home? No. If a fan who became an anti-fan, and then later on, repented, and returned to being a fan again, does that mean it's a lost cause for the girls? No. Again, "A fan is a fan." :)

@ Scatter... Again a logical comment there. Rather than throwing words all over the place, your comments has substance awlays. RESPECT here. I definatly gave some thoughts about your comment and I had second thoughts bt after after reading Emperor Ryu comments, I would like to stick to my own thoughts. The thing is, your comment and my comment both are hyoothetical. We got news from same site bt ended up making different conclusions coz we have different opinion n thoughts. Well, all the reason you gave arelogicak bt at the same time, they are hypothetical. For eg. Lets say those ppl were there to hangout n suddenly T-ara performed so they stoped by to see their performance. May be yeah. In thise case they are not fans bt jst casual viewers bt how much of that is true?? Well cant it be this way as well. They were waiting for T-ara to perfrom so they went to shopping in the first place. Agiain this may be the case as well so as long as there is MAY BE n when things are not sure.. I would like to stick to my own opinion.

@Emperor Ryu... Yeah, we definately have same thoughts, almost. When I saw your comment last time it impressed me n its no expectation today as well.. Its feel good to see that fellow Queen's believe in T-ara as much I do,may be more n we share same opinion about T-ara n being a fan. Cheers!!

@Emperor Ryu... Yeah, we definately have same thoughts, almost. When I saw your comment last time it impressed me n its no expectation today as well.. Its feel good to see that fellow Queen's believe in T-ara as much I do,may be more n we share same opinion about T-ara n being a fan. Cheers!!

That is very nice to hear, and I too, am very glad with your shared thoughts and comments here as well. :) Like here, on this site, there are many others around the world who share similar views, I even meet up with a few of them and they tell me that they too, have similar perspectives on T-ara, and they're quite sick of those trying to keep the fandom in the pits of despair, and attempt to down play every single positive news that's reported on our girls. So both you and I are so definitely not alone. Cheers!!! :)

Really glad to hear that we are not alone... Well to me, being a fan means supporting our gals despite of all ups & downs. I believe in them with my all and try to approach their achievements with positive attitude.. As long as their is smile on their faces, thats TRUTH n thats HAPPINESS for me. I dont care about numbers n facts as long as they are HAPPY with their lives... I hope the defination of being a fan n our feelings towards them will always remain same... CHEERS to you n QUEEN'S.

I had a blast watching their promo videos for bunny style. i haven't had such a big smile on my face for awhile, but watching them daily really cheered me up.

everyone has their own thought and its fine. learn from one another and it's up to you whether you want to use what you learned. it's good to be optimistic and real as well. no one is really alone here i would think. we're all on diadem forums for the same reason right? now i wish i knew what else i can do with my queens membership card since i live in the US lol.