Diadem Forums

[09.07.05] T-ara's Soyeon "SNSD is in the past, this is a friendly competition."

tinggg

T-ara's Soyeon "SNSD is in the past, this is a friendly competition."

"Now I'm just part of T-ara. I've forgotten about my SNSD past. SNSD and I will both do well."

It was recently revealed that Soyeon, member of 6-girl group T-ara, was a SNSD trainee.

After T-ara's members' pictures were revealed, people found out on the internet that she was a SNSD trainee.

Soyeon had a short interview with NewsEn on July 4th to explain the truth behind all of this. Soyeon expressed, "I was never going to discuss how my SNSD debut fell through. But it seems like SNSD fans found the picture on the internet from when a picture was released in the past, so it's true that I almost debuted as SNSD. I trained for 4 months together with SNSD in preparation of debut. I was the last to join, and I ended up leaving the group a month before debuting."

Soyeon took part in SNSD's showcase and even was part of the music video. However, she has completely separated from SNSD.

Soyeon said, "Even now, I'm still in contact with the SNSD members. I'm really happy that SNSD is doing well. Going forward I will try my best as a member of T-ara. Although we'll be in competition with SNSD, I would like it to be a friendly competition between us."

Mnet said, "Soyeon's contract with SM Entertainment has been settled, and recently joined as a member of T-ara."

T-ara is a female group that M-net Media has ambitiously prepared for three years. Aside from the so-called <2nd Kim Taehee> Jiyeon, T-ara added Soyeon, singer Jun Youngrok and actress Lee Miyoung's daughter Boram, and Q-ri, forming a 6-member group of which pictures were recently revealed for people to know how they were going to debut. Their debut song will be made public this month and kick off official promotions.

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200907052200481010

Translated by: tinggg@diadem5.com

Credits: daum + newsen + tinggg (translations) + diadem5.com

I've just saw the pictures of her as a SNSD trainee. She's beautiful, maybe the prettiest of the SNSD pre-debut bunch. T-Ara has a really great cast, beauty+vocals all around. They should be able to take on the older girlgroups no problem.

Guest GirlGotSoul

You could kind of tell she was supposed to be part of it when all the girls plus

Soyeon was posing for the photo LOL. But yeah, I'm glad she'll be in T-ara.

She'll definitely be a welcome addition :)

it would be interesting to see her interacting with snsd when t-ara debut.

i watched a singing clip of soyeon and her voice is a lot mature than snsd's.

either way, its nice that she's still in contact and friendly terms with them. :P

thanks ting!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...