Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ/POLL] Which SOLO Song do you guys like the most?

vervainify

106 members have voted

1. 1. Which solo song from T-ARA's Bunny Style Promotion do you guys enjoy the most?

• Areum - Happy Rain
    • Hyomin - Love Suggestion
    • Qri - Do We Do We
    • Jiyeon - My Sea
    • Boram - Maybe Maybe
    • Eunjung - Two As One
    • Soyeon - Love Poem

This is just for fun, in case you have listened to all members' songs, which SONG do you guys like the most? Try not to be biased, eventhough we all know it's kinda difficult XD

Edit: Originally this was just a single-poll, but based on SacredCultivator's idea, let's make this both a poll and a personal ranking-list. You can add reasons too. I'm gonna start mine ( just for record, I can't professionally judge music in detail, I just take it as one package of the song itself, and I will love it as long as my ears enjoy it.) So here we go:

1. Jiyeon: Okay, wait a sec. I know you guys may beat me up for this because you will think that I'm biased (and I stated not to be biased above). But this is seriously, truly, what my ears tell me. I LOVE THE SONG. I got carried away while I was listening to it. It's very soft, soothing, and I can feel the sadness. I suddenly feel mellow when the song was playing,damn. Love the piano part here, and the song suits Jiyeon's calm voice really well. It feels angelic, in a sad aura.

2. Hyomin: I love the tango-feeling I got when I was listening to it. Actually I dance along the song smoothly on my chair without knowing. Hyomin's voice sounds sensual? I don't really know how to describe it. Love the rap so much (but not the english), it has been ages that Hyomin didn't rap. If not for the messy english, it would have been #1.

3. Soyeon: Another amazing piece of art from Sso! I don't even need to describe her voice, since we all know she is the boss in this. The ballad feels so wonderful. Her voice is marvellous, and added with the piano and violin sound even make it more beautiful. Love it. LOVE the intro. Shortly, Sso owns it.

4. Boram: I got a happy mood. It's refreshing, bright, light and fun. Love the chorus -maybe maybe- so much. I shake my head along with it. Maybe her voice tone isn't really deep here, sounds like the usual J-Pop, but I think it's fun to listen to. It's cheerful.

5. Eunjung: The song is fresh. The beat and pacing are nice. Eunjung's high pitch is great as always. But, I have difficulty recalling this song. You know, some songs just stick into your head all day long after you first listen to it. But this song didn't (for me). Anyway, it's just me and my personal music taste. This is the same case when I first heard Bunny Style. But now I can enjoy it well, eventhough it's not my favorite from them.

6. Areum: Areum is a great singer, no doubt. I can even clearly say that she's better than my ultimate bias, jiyeon. Her singing voice, her rap, everything is awesome. Fall for her since Sexy Love and I really think her rap in Bunny Style is very cool~ Even in this song,she did well, it's just the song, it's having the same case with Eunjung's song for me. I can't quite recall it after I heard it.

7. Qri: Man, I never thought Lee Qri would sing some strong upbeat song like this. But the music ruins it for me. The music background at the beginning is too crowd and kinda messy? after that the song falls flat, and then rise again at the chorus, and fall flat again, and then messy again.

I dont mean to be biased here but I ♥ Soyeon and also..her song of course =p~ keke..

After hearing full ver of all their solos (thank you PandaRK for sharing the link!): Soyeon(1) then Jiyeon(2) for ballad and Eunjung(1) - Areum(2) for faster tempo.

IMHO all of their solo songs are great! They should release full 1st Japanese album instead =D~

Oo I think for this thread, you should have it to where people just list their rankings for said Solo's. THey can still vote for the best, but also list the others.

It'll cause for more discussion if that's the goal =)

Hmm I guess I might as well give this one a shot...
(For the record my Bias => Boram/Hyomin)

Ranking:
1. Soyeon: I'm a sucker for ballads and I won't deny that Soyeon does well for these sort of songs. Pacing is just right, soothing.

2. Areum: The pacing is freaking awesome and the rap doesn't take away from the song at all. The stutter/repetition (rap start) actually worked and wasn't too overly done. I thought she'd be using a deeper voice like she had in let's say, Sexy Love. But worked out to be more higher-pitched in this.

3. Jiyeon: She used her deep voice!!! LOVE IT!!! The song just flows/fits her so well. And the English at the end is a nice touch, not butchered. Just love this one a lot, but sadly Areum still wins over her even though I like Jiyeon more.

4. Hyomin: With much hype of this (Thank you SB), sadly... Ranking isn't as high as I thought it'd be. Sounds fantastic don't get me wrong. But I think I'm more disappointed that they added an effect to her voice to make the song/singing not as clear as I'd hope it'd be. The English... ehh not too great I'd say {Yeah for my English there huh?} I think due to the downsides this dropped to 4th where if things were done right, it was an easy 2nd.

5. Boram: Honestly was hoping she'd use her deeper toned voice, but this one works as well. Sounds super Japanese-y but I love it in comparison to Qri's.

6. Eunjung: I'll admit this one is quite catchy, and the echos work and aren't overused which is good. Her voice sounds pretty angelic with a good touch of that deepness, good mix. She says "Two As One" pretty fluently, so another plus!

7. Qri: Looking she says my last name at the start. But overall, just didn't do it for it, wasn't too impressed.

EDIT

Bias: Qri-Eunjung

1. Eunjung - The musical arrangement, beats, and sounds choice are perfect for Eunjung's husky pitchy voice. Great pick for her.

2. Areum - Very well rounded. Happy beats- reminiscing of older generations of Kpop-, good vocals (although I thought it was too safe for her, she could do more), and even smooth raps are all well packaged in this upbeat song.

3. Soyeon - Cannot skip T-ara's ballad vocal signature, although this release is missing Soyeon's signature ballad vibrato. Although, it would be very nice to see her doing other genre.

4. Hyomin - The production is close to a title track level, but the English raps took away some seriousness. The beats are very good!

5. Qri - Although vocally not really selling, the beats make up for it. Qri placed lower than Hyomin because her vocals can't keep up with the roughness in her song. The autotune, not only was it unnecessary (we know how much Qri can max out her vocal and autotune didn't really help divert attention), it also killed the excitement. Her sweet singing might not be the fittest for such song, but it could have stayed clean thru out and it would have been really sweet.

6. Boram - A sweet treat for spring, Nice tunes, happy. The vocals, however, could be a little bit stronger, although Boram's vocal power is not the top tier in T-ara.

7. Jiyeon - Expected more from her. This single sounds very much like her previous ballad releases. Also, could have kept all Korean.

Oo I think for this thread, you should have it to where people just list their rankings for said Solo's. THey can still vote for the best, but also list the others.

It'll cause for more discussion if that's the goal =)

Ah, your idea is good! I was also a little confused yesterday whether to make a single-poll or a rank-discussion haha XD

You are right, it will be much fun if we do both, polling for the best and still giving a personal rank :)

I will edit my #1 post above XD

I would say I "enjoyed" Qri's song the most for the sheer novelty of hearing my bias sing more than 2 lines in a song :)...which is how i voted in the poll. As for actual songs themselves...

1. Soyeon

2. Jiyeon

3. Boram

4. Ahreum

5. Qri

6. Eunjung

7. Hyomin

My bias are EJ&HM but if I have to rank in order of how I enjoyed all the singles it would be:

1. Jiyeon (Surprisingly because I didn't expect her to do a ballad which turned out to be amazing)

2. Enjung (I just like the song overall)

3. Sso (the classic ballad which is lovely)

4. Areum (it's very lively - that's what i like abt the song)

5. Qri (I really like the beats here but I think she could have sung it more powerfully to match the beats...)

6. Hyomin (yeah sadly I was hoping I would like her single, I think I rank her song lower in comparison 'coz I don't really like the beginning and the tango-themed is a bit out of place imo)

7. Boram

again that's my own ranking..

I'm really waiting for the lyrics esp. for "my sea" & "love poem" though!

My bias are EJ&HM but if I have to rank in order of how I enjoyed all the singles it would be:

1. Jiyeon (Surprisingly because I didn't expect her to do a ballad which turned out to be amazing)

You're surprised and didn't expect Jiyeon to go ballad for solo? She has done this couple of times before, thus I said I expected different style.

You're surprised and didn't expect Jiyeon to go ballad for solo? She has done this couple of times before, thus I said I expected different style.

Oh that's because I didn't listen to her solos before and tbh I wasn't really interested in looking before but now that this caught my attention, I'm quite interested to listen to her other ballad songs. Care to suggest some? :D

Oh that's because I didn't listen to her solos before and tbh I wasn't really interested in looking before but now that this caught my attention, I'm quite interested to listen to her other ballad songs. Care to suggest some? :D

Full songs:

Haru Haru (Dream High 2)

Rolling (God of Study)

Little by Little (Jungle Fish 2)

Together (Dream High 2) - duet with JB

Snippets as fully recorded tracks were never released:

Romeo & Juliet (Dream High 2) - duet with Jinwoon

Wishing on A Star (Dream High 2)

Hello to Myself (Dream High 2) - with Jinwoon

Hmmm... not because sso is my bias but for me the selling point would be the intro of the song... and i love love it's intro plus sso's amazing vocals... i pretty much squeed when i first heard the full version he he... <3

As for the second ranking i'm torn between eunjung's and jiyeon's.....

I like ji with the ballad but eunjung's song is quite catchy....