Diadem Forums

[13.03.27] T-ara's Eunjung-Hyomin-Jiyeon-Areum to form a sub-unit and create national trend

nathaniel

[13.03.27] T-ara's Eunjung-Hyomin-Jiyeon-Areum to form a sub-unit and create national trend

20130327095908612.jpg

7-member girl group T-ara will return in late April or early May as a sub-unit consisting of Eunjung, Jiyeon, Hyomin and Areum. The team's name is not yet decided, but they plan to takeover with a national dance trend.

T-ara's agency Core Contents Media said on the 27th, "We are sorting out the details for a sub-unit for Eunjung, Jiyeon, Hyomin and Areum right now."

T-ara will work with the new hitmaker, Double Sidekick. Double Sidekick has made several hit songs lately, including Davichi's "Turtle" most recently. This will be the first time T-ara works with this composer.

Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon and Areum will appear similar with their promotions with T-ara, contrary to what most usual sub-units do. Their agency said, "We want to take this chance to familiarize the public with them individually."

T-ara plan to appear on stage with a dance similar to the Village People's "YMCA" dance which became popular in the late 1990's that is easy to follow. The song will have an easy and gentle melody and dance their agency hinted. T-ara hope to make the dance a national trend. Their agency joked, "The song will hopefully be the second coming of 'Gangnam Style'."

The other members, Qri, Boram and Soyeon, will stick to individual activities. T-ara will reunite in the summer and plan to reach over 150,000 fans in a Japanese Arena Tour.

Last year, T-ara held a six city tour in Japan including two sold out performances in Tokyo's Budokan Arena.

Source: http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?newsid=20130327095908739

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Two lead singers, one sub vocalist, one rapper, so now sub-unit trend is also hitting T-ara, I hope this would turn out good, perhaps this was decided to allow for Areum to have more exposure.

Short to say, Boram, Qri and Soyeon will have other works like doing MCs, dramas-acting or even releasing more solo singles?

Is Dani fitting anytime soon?

Hmm, the unnies will focus more on solo activities? A reversal of the previous trend (of EunJiMin having more individual activities). Let's see how things work out.

The change is nice to allow the unnies more exposure (it's been awhile since either Boram or Qri had any such endevours, and we know Soyeon's first venture was cut short). Assuming it's actual projects and not sidelined.

Keep an open mind and see.

I think this is great news for the four mentioned...CCM is sort of having to "reintroduce" T-ara slowly back to the Korean public, so this gives them a chance to show their stuff and remind people why they were considered the most popular members of the group in the first place. As for Areum, it gives her some much needed exposure. I think they'll do well. I just think we need to remember that at this point it's probably a pipe dream to hope for Lovey-Dovey/Roly-Poly sized numbers, if their song can break 2 million in Korea I'll call it a success.

I do think that something similar needs to be done in the near future for Boram, Qri, and Soyeon though. I know Boram and Soyeon got a lot of the hate post-controversy (and, in Soyeon's case, she even became involved with a second scandal with the whole Kakao Talk mess). Then again that might be why CCM's letting them sit this one out. Hopefully they get a chance to show their stuff in the near future as well.

At any rate, it looks like their schedule's picking back up again! They're going to be extremely busy, I'd imagine that around the time they head back to Japan in preparation for their tour they'll also be readying a new single and album to be released to tie in with the concert. I just wonder where Dani fits into all of this, haha.

They're moving up (or down) the normal KPop path. But i think it's too early. You'd think after the controversy CCM would focus on promoting their bond and togetherness as T-ARA. Instead he pounces on the wall head-on and widens the crack.

I want to say this won't affect the members but who are we kidding? As much as we see them as angels, they're human. They get hurt. They feel jealousy. A competition exists no matter how friendly.

I'm happy about my EunJiMin (plus areum) sub-unit but I'm also hoping that Soyeon, Boram, and Qri get their own gigs. They're not any less talented. They're part of what got T-ara where they are now.

But more than anything, I just want to see them all together. I mean, it was already painful when Hyomin was missing during Banisuta promotions. Now this? We can only hope for the best, I guess.

^I think we'll see them all together later on in the year, Miss_Taken. I know many fans are still anticipating T-ara's Effect, and knowing CCM they won't simply shelve the project, haha. Although I am wondering if the rumors of the album going the dubstep route are true...

I think my frustration roots from the fact that we'll have to wait a little longer for T-ara's Effect, since CCM is squeezing new activities in again. Hahaha. Re dubstep...well, i've kind of built a purgatory between believing and not believing T-ara related rumors. I brushed off early news about the solos and sub-groups before and they turned out to be true so...

This YMCA dance choreo though.. ( -_-)

So happy for them! I've been wanting an EunJiMin sub-unit for the longest time, and now it's finally here! Although, I'm still lukewarm about Ahreum's addition, I hope she can prove herself now <3. T-ara anti's are really going to hate on this sub-unit, like there is no tomorrow. But whatever. The fans are going to love it.

T-ara fighting! I hope Jiyeon unnie gets to be center like she did in Roly Poly <3.

You'd have always thought if there was to be another subunit or something along the lines of TTL, Soyeon would be included.

Sounds like this new song could be like Roly Poly, which had a dance all ages could do and enjoy. The whole Gangnam Style/YMCA tidbit thing...lol.

Welp, regardless of everything, just give me some good music. cz19.gif

i'm anticipating this but shouldn't kks promote qri and boram more since they are so underrated , jiyeon eunjung and hyomin is already famous , they should make a sub unit consisting of qri , boram , areum and soyeon instead so that they can shine bbrighter

I think my frustration roots from the fact that we'll have to wait a little longer for T-ara's Effect, since CCM is squeezing new activities in again. Hahaha. Re dubstep...well, i've kind of built a purgatory between believing and not believing T-ara related rumors. I brushed off early news about the solos and sub-groups before and they turned out to be true so...

This YMCA dance choreo though.. ( -_-)

I know how you feel, I've been dying to hear T-ara's Effect for months now, but I guess I'm just happy that the project is still a go at this point. I was starting to worry that we would never hear it! Although I do think a name chance for the album is in order, I can see netizens having a field day with their "effect." :ph34r:

All in all it will have been nearly eight months since T-ara released any sort of material in Korea, and while I'm excited to hear what they come up with I can also understand why you would think it would be too soon. To be honest I would be happy if they were just able to promote solely in one territory or the other; with them picking up some steam in Japan with Bunny Style! I was kind of hoping that they would stay over there a while, release another single, then an album, then tour, THEN come back to Korea...no more of this sloppy promotional style where T-ara's in Japan a few days and then tries to promote in Korea on weekends, like with Cry Cry and J-Yayaya. That was a mess and it wore the girls slap out. They're obviously still CCM's main money maker, I think they proved that even with the scandal and decreased support from the Korean public they still are popular enough in other territories that taking a break now and then wouldn't affect their popularity all that much. But it is what it is.

And yeah, I'm kind of trying to figure out exactly how the YMCA dance is going to be incorporated into their new dance. Haha.

I know how you feel, I've been dying to hear T-ara's Effect for months now, but I guess I'm just happy that the project is still a go at this point. I was starting to worry that we would never hear it! Although I do think a name chance for the album is in order, I can see netizens having a field day with their "effect." :ph34r:

All in all it will have been nearly eight months since T-ara released any sort of material in Korea, and while I'm excited to hear what they come up with I can also understand why you would think it would be too soon. To be honest I would be happy if they were just able to promote solely in one territory or the other; with them picking up some steam in Japan with Bunny Style! I was kind of hoping that they would stay over there a while, release another single, then an album, then tour, THEN come back to Korea...no more of this sloppy promotional style where T-ara's in Japan a few days and then tries to promote in Korea on weekends, like with Cry Cry and J-Yayaya. That was a mess and it wore the girls slap out. They're obviously still CCM's main money maker, I think they proved that even with the scandal and decreased support from the Korean public they still are popular enough in other territories that taking a break now and then wouldn't affect their popularity all that much. But it is what it is.

And yeah, I'm kind of trying to figure out exactly how the YMCA dance is going to be incorporated into their new dance. Haha.

Right? I feel the same way about Bunny Style promotions. It lacked a follow through. CCM created a hype, released the previews, gave the J-fans sad excuses for a mini-concert, and then just threw in the CDs and left them to sell on their own. Not that it didn't work. But it needed more push. I agree with what you said.. they should have stayed a while longer and maybe do more guest appearances on music shows and what not.

Ah, i dont know why i even bother compaining. CCM's always got the ace. You can't ever guess what tricks they have up their sleeves. Adding members, taking one out, solos and subgroups... and of course, the most recent highlight.. a YMCA dance step. XD I'm kind of looking forward to it actually. It could either be sexy or cute/dorky. Either way works for me. :D