Diadem Forums

[13.03.27] T-ara's Eunjung-Hyomin-Jiyeon-Areum to form a sub-unit and create national trend

nathaniel

Wow we get a wall full of long posts here o.O

Well, personally, I think eventhough Scatter's words are often very strong or sometimes even a bit harsh, but majority of his statements actually got the right points. I think he just wants us, fans, to be more realistic and being more open-minded about T-ARA. I mean yeah, as much as I love T-ARA and idolizing them, they are humans too, they MIGHT make a mistake. I think what Scatter was trying to say to us is not to be so single-mindedly and blindly think that T-ARA can't do anything wrong, just because we like them. Heck, eventhough Jiyeon is my ultimate bias, sadly I still believe one of her scandal is true (the others are just blown out of proportion or didn't have a solid evidence,at least for me)

But if anything I can agree with Emperor is that the T-ARA girls (in discussion above, it lean more to Hyomin) and anyone who have ever made a mistake can change for good now. But still, we don't quite know it for sure. We just choose to believe that they have changed for good. I'm a die-hard Jiyeon's fan, and I don't know for sure how she is now, but I choose to believe that she has changed for good, for the sake of fangirl inside me :D

Last, i think Scatter is right about the difference about iljin and bullying case in South Korea and US or elsewhere. South Koreans is a lot more strict and conservative about problem like this. I think US people are more open-minded to accept whatever past or mistakes their stars have done, (Dang, G-Dragon smoke weed and SK people still not letting him go until now XD) well after all, US people are liberal.

And I agree, if T-ARA had made a clear statement directly and not making Sexy Love comeback only a month after the incident, netizens would have been much more calm (But yeah, now netizens are going way too overboard and to the point of annoying as hell with all their repeated old jokes like rice-cake or whatever, at least for me) But can't really blame T-ARA, it's CCM fault. CCM just has the worse choice on how to handle a scandal EVER.

Pardon me if anything wrong :)

@Satter

clearly, you have no idea when to stop and seeing you're doing it again, I'm going to have to say that you obviously have crossed the line and I will be taking full consideration of reporting you to the staff.

-Mate calm down here. Well, just like how you couldnt hold back after seeing his comment even though you planned to end it before your last post as said by this line(this is the final straw), its the same for him. To my awareness, I believe both of you have strong self-esteem and dont want loose with each other even in comments. So I kindly request you to reconsider your thought of report. The way I see it both of you are either totally right or both totally wrong beacuse both of you are using words like stupid, idiot or even retarded as I said in the last post. even though, our thoughts are entirely different we can still have decent comment and at the end of the day, it's Diadem where we come to support T-ara so ease your tension and its for BOTH of you. well, I had personally Talked with Emperor so you dont have to worry. He is ready to have decent convo with you and now its you turn take a step.

I dont want to get into your replies for each other so let's keep peace!!

@Emperor

I agree with you 100%. :D And I too, look forward to your arguments as well. ^_^

-Same here mate, Gotta support our Princesses.

But they did apologize on their own accord in a joint letter, as while as Kim Kwang Soo, Soyeon's interview, and Hwayoung's tweets. To say that they did not, without any proof to even state that there was a lack of sincerity, is sheer paranoia. How can that be more sensible than their tearful cries, like Hyomin's and Eunjung's press conferences for their drama programs? Should they continue to cry for the rest of their lives? How far does this utterly useless resentment must go without any proof to justify it? They admitted to their own mistakes and took their responsibilities, like being out of view of the public's eye for quite some time, as well as halting previously scheduled projects and adjusting themselves for damage control and restoring public reconciliation

-Exactly my thoughts. Couldnt have said it better. T-ara did apologized and wrote a letter as a whole. In addition to that, I believe Soyeon steeped out as the Leader of the Group and apologized in a press conferences. As far as I remember, She said" Yeah, they had some conflicts seldom but bullying did never happen". Also if the sincerity of the letter or their apology is to be doubted than I would assume same for every idol not only T-ara who were in scandal till date. We dont have any idea about the sincerity of anyone, we just assume things and become judgmental.No top of that, Going with plans or promotions, these are not the choices of T-ara. It all depends upon KKS. I believe T-ara were the ones who wanted to run and hide more than anyone of us but KSS didnt let them have their ways as a result they performed and got flaked.So, I agree with you here both comment wise and feeling wise..

@vervainify

And I agree, if T-ARA had made a clear statement directly and not making Sexy Love comeback only a month after the incident, netizens would have been much more calm (But yeah, now netizens are going way too overboard and to the point of annoying as hell with all their repeated old jokes like rice-cake or whatever, at least for me) But can't really blame T-ARA, it's CCM fault. CCM just has the worse choice on how to handle a scandal EVER.

-No offense to you at all but I gotta disagree with you. Not a B Block(not sure if I got this name correct as well) fan but the site I frequently go to updated on this group. As far as I remember, this group got into scandal for laughing about flood in Thailand. Well, the members apologized and one even shaved his head and took eight months hiatus. After eight months when they came out of TV on a certain variety show(I believe its their own show like T-ara's Taradotcom) the comments were " Arent they the kids who laughed about Flood in Thailand", "They are disgrace to SK" and it was top two comments. On the side note, Daseung of BB(not at VIPs as well) got flaked for his scandal. Though accidents are never intentional(unless you really want to kill someone) but it was his mistake and he as well took eight months hiatus but when he came back with BB the comments were" Isnt he the one who rode on a foreign car and killed an innocent person." As if thing would be acceptable if he had rode domestic car. As much as I hate KKS for handling the scandal unwisely, I Believe his decision of promoting as if nth happened was good because at the end of the day, its fan who support them. Antis or haters would never buy their music or cds but its fans who do that. Hella, they definitely had a stain on their image and popularity and it wouldnt have been any different if they had been on hiatus. as the popular saying by fans"Haters goona hate and Fans goona keep on supporting"

As much as I appreciate and believe in the freedom of speech, please make sure that the posts you make are somewhat related to the topic of the forum thread. It is awkwardly amusing to me that almost half of the posts in this thread have nothing to do with the topic.

While it may not be obligatory to not talk about certain sensitive issues regarding the group or any individual member(s), I will recommend everyone to practice self-control and avoid certain controversial topics when the need arises. Diadem is a community filled with people from all walks of life and different parts of the world with different age, cultures and beliefs. As such, we should be tolerant of each other, for we may have polarized views at times, most, if not all, of us are matured individuals and hope for the best for T-ara. In the event where members are not able to reach a consensus or agree harmoniously on a point, it is best to respectfully not drive the matter further by debating vehemently with a myriad of posts that reiterate the same points over and over again which were even expressed across several other threads.

As none of the posts here include any derogatory remarks or are made with malicious intent, I will leave them as they are.

@Eunjung4Eva

Well what I said earlier is because of some articles like Nichkun who halted his schedule and did volunteer work instead, Kim Yong Man who stop his activity and formally apologize, and E-Sens who returns to Supreme Team after 2 years of reflection. They all get nice feedback and positive response in top comments (you're talking about top comments so I just add this information).

Well, I'm not really a fan of this "reflection" thingy, but apparently, majority of K-netizens think it's what people should do, and since T-ara live and operate in SK, I think it would be better if they lay low back then when the incident exploded. Yes, there will still be people who can't get over it, and repeatedly attack them, but at least the amount of antis wouldn't be so much and hype to the point where they keep running around making a fuss and mention T-ARA's name in every articles in Nate, even if it's not related to T-ara at all.

From there I make a conclusion that the amount of hate Daesung and Block B get is not even half close to T-ARA.

And yes, haters gonna hate, it's fans who support, but don't forget that some haters are ex-fans, well at least those 6k people who left official fan-cafe at Daum.

I hope I don't do anything offensive, I mean no harm, just exchanging thoughts. Sorry if there's anything wrong, I'm gonna stop because the moderators above have asked to talk about related-content only. But it's really nice having a discussion with fellow Diadems, I just can't help myself to shut up :D

@vervainify

Yea, you've pretty much nailed what I was trying to say and my intentions the whole time (hell, probably even wholly as a member here). If I had to put it very simply, one of K-pop's biggest flaws is that the idol groups are constantly sugarcoated and marketed by their agencies as perfect saints that can do absolutely no harm or bad - and as a Korean myself, I do feel obliged to let international fans know that not everything is clear glossy crystal as it's made to be.

Thanks for putting it very clearly :) Couldn't have said it better myself haha.

@Eunjung4eva

In my defense, it's not merely out of pride or stubbornness - as much as I can be strong and harshly-worded at times, I do know when to draw the line, concede or stop (as I'm sure you're well aware of our discussions in the past - and attempted to in this previous debacle). The biggest problem I have is that Ryu's behavior has always been like this in the past and has received a lot of flak and complaints for it so it's to be expected he would at least behave more properly instead of repeating the same thing he's been complained about - which does not do anyone any favors at all. And certainly, making excuses for iljins that do things that can be considered criminal acts is actually pretty stupid, no matter how much defense is put onto it.

Notice that he also has ignored your suggestion of having a more calm approach.

As I've mentioned in my previous posts, you perhaps may not have witnessed all the extensive arguments other members had gone through with him in the past (and quite frankly, this occurred a lot more frequently and as one who expected him to behave and be more reasonable due to all the trouble he caused as well as ignoring him after all this time, I had to draw the line in between). You can talk to other regulars here regarding this history and I'll guarantee you, that they'll very likely will say he has issues - namely absolute intolerance to opinions that contrast his. That I can surely and safely say, is the behavior of a fanatic and Diadem quite frankly, doesn't need people like that.

Nitpicking sentences and paragraphs and making multiple arguments out of another argument, as I recall, is not very pleasant and comes off as rude, disrespectful and disruptive to the opposite party and makes debates more heated and pointless (and I'll tell you that even moderator GRIMLOCK himself had his own unpleasant experience regarding Ryu as well). As one who does his best to be a law-abiding citizen in general though, I will still reserve the option to report him without hesitation if he repeats such behavior again.

But with that said, as moderator SimonH said, let's put an end to the argument here as it does not do anyone any favors by this point. I won't dwell any further into this, the moderator's word always triumphs and I fully respect that.

I'll concede here that I myself have gotten carried away myself a bit and heavily apologize for any inconveniences it may have caused for others here, whether it be regular members or staff.

As @Eunjung4eva and SimonH have stated, I also agree put this whole argument to a complete close (can someone actually lock this to prevent it from going wild again? Just to be safe. That's all)

Thanks peeps!