Diadem Forums

[13.03.30] Chart Ranking - T-ara's "Bunny Style!" #2 on Oricon's weekly singles chart

randall

As far as Oricon chart is concerned, I believe this weekly chart represents the sales through out the week(ignore my arrogance if I got it wrong).. They sold 40705 on the first day and through out the week 56785 copies only... I was hoping for Gold within the first week. Anyway, happy for my Princesses.. Still its quite an achievement!!

As far as Oricon chart is concerned, I believe this weekly chart represents the sales through out the week(ignore my arrogance if I got it wrong).. They sold 40705 on the first day and through out the week 56785 copies only... I was hoping for Gold within the first week. Anyway, happy for my Princesses.. Still its quite an achievement!!

Most of the sales of an album are usually reflected on the first day since that will include the number of albums pre-ordered.

Short term sales is nice, but it would be better to have consistency and longevity. If I'm not mistaken, RP became the #1 song due to consistent sales. Staying power is a stronger indication of success (for me anyway) than topping the charts in the short term. And for T-ara, it might be better to go this route (less attention, less criticism).

Ii is possible Banisuta may reach decent sales, since its possible a couple of people would attempt to get all the jackets. But I don't have a barometer to compare what constitutes what is good and bad sales [in the Japanese market], except perhaps compare Banisuta with T-ara's previous releases.

Bunny Style! is holding up quite well in the Oricon top twenty...not their best performance, but it's doing a great deal better than their last two singles (Sexy Love dropped like a rock in the second week, but its first week sales were pretty decent, and Lovey-Dovey remains their worst-selling single in Japan). I can see this song eventually selling 80 to 90 thousand, putting it right around Bo Peep's sales. At this rate I think it's more encouraging to realize that their fanbase still remains strong enough in Japan to continue selling as well as they do.

I'm so happy to see "Bunny Style" doing well on charts.

I think releasing so many versions of the single was not a bad strategy.

Since I'm pretty sure some fans would manage to get all of them.

...I would do the same if I have money lol.