Diadem Forums

[13.04.04] T-ara's 4-member unit to debut with "Rural Life" in early May

nathaniel

[13.04.04] T-ara's 4-member unit to debut with "Rural Life" in early May

54179903.4.jpg

7-member girl group T-ara will promote as a unit.

T-ara will debut a unit consisting of Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon and Areum and they recently finished recording their song and are now preparing for their activities. They are trying to debut as early as the end of this month with "Rural Life".

T-ara debuted in 2009 with "Lies" and on their Japanese single "Bunny Style!" which they recently released in Japan, they first tried units. The units were Soyeon-Areum, Boram-Qri and Hyomin-Jiyeon-Eunjung. The songs were all included as bonus tracks for various singles. This will be T-ara's first time doing a formal unit activity.

What is T-ara's reason for doing a unit? The reason for T-ara to do the unit's activity is actually because since Hwayoung withdrew from the group last year, many fans were torn by the news at T-ara's height of popularity. T-ara will form this unit to try and mend the hearts of millions of fans again. Unit groups have been popular lately with Sistar19, 2YOON, ZE:A5, Infinite-H, and various other groups.

The song "Rural Life" is produced by the hitmaker Double Sidekick T-ara will appeal to several generations, both young and old, and both men and women with their new unit song. T-ara plan to create a national dance similar to the "Roly-Poly" craze that they did with two years ago.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20130404n02670 / http://news.nate.com/view/20130403n39157

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

I can't wait ^^ I hope they do well and make it big *hawiting*

it may be to promote Areum since she is a newbie on T-ara, I hope Qri and Boram can do something like this in the future. I love this trio(Jieunmin) but I'd like to see like Eunjung+Boram or Jiyeon+Soyeon etc etc they just need a good concept

I'm confused about how this "mends hearts" :( won't this make them appear more divided? anyway I'm sure I will love the song and the performances if they do perform it live, but I will always like the full T-ara best <3

I hope I'm not being too negative!

Hm wasn't the sub-unit thing prooven to be false rumors by CCM themselves. Thafuq?! I mean cmon then this. Alright I'm starting to have trouble believing this, I'm sorry.

Also Hwayoung didn't withdrew from the group she was fired/removed but this is a side note.

Anyway the whole rural life thing sounds very similar to 2YOONS 24/7 concept if you ask me but i might just be jumping the gun here. Anyway I don't get the mend hearts thing either, as it will take more then this to cool down the spirits of the people who have resentments against T-ara, if anything this has a chance of blowing up in their face for so many reasons.

And no offense to anyone but this sounds like KKS is trying to cash in on the sub-unit craze that's currently going on in Kpop/hallyu wave.

Well no matter, I just hope this all goes well and it will somehow work out, and it will get positive feedback, and the girls will get good coverage and even though I doubt they can create a national dance trend I hope the dance routine/song will be catchy and popular as T-ara really needs a big hit right now to get back into the thick of it.

This is too risky, either they'll gain more hate or get love again :wacko:

anyway, I wish the very best for them

Korean, please don't let them down, they already suffer too much, please give them chance :(

is this means they will delay their korean comeback again?

please, comeback ASAP my moodboosters <3

p.s. everyone keep saying Dani, Dani, Dani. Who's that?? #InDenial #JiyeonForeverMaknae :P

The title sounds promising. I'm so excited! Early May? Whoa, so soon. :D

This is too risky, either they'll gain more hate or get love again :wacko:

Honestly, I don't think they can get more hated at this point. If anything, this will help them gain new fans. Old ones aren't worth salvaging. :P

Besides, no matter what they do, they will always get hate. I'm glad that they don't let that affect them and they keep going no matter how hard antis try to bring them down. This makes me love them even more.

What the F@ck is wrong with KKS?? First he publish the news and later he claims that is False and now there is a news stating they will promote by the end of the month. Wait a minute, let me grab my F@ckin eyes coz they rolled down on the floor.. With what CCM/T-ara has been through this past 8 months, by now he should have learnt to stand on his words. This Guy will never change.

And Yeah, there is sub unit. I am so so glad that Jungiee is in it. I really wish their new song to be Daebak. At least it may add new fans and bring those few who left during the controversy if not all. Really looking forward to it and the Queen of Ageyo is Looking Damn cute. Her cuteness is all over the place

Hm wasn't the sub-unit thing prooven to be false rumors by CCM themselves. Thafuq?! I mean cmon then this. Alright I'm starting to have trouble believing this, I'm sorry.

Also Hwayoung didn't withdrew from the group she was fired/removed but this is a side note.

Anyway the whole rural life thing sounds very similar to 2YOONS 24/7 concept if you ask me but i might just be jumping the gun here. Anyway I don't get the mend hearts thing either, as it will take more then this to cool down the spirits of the people who have resentments against T-ara, if anything this has a chance of blowing up in their face for so many reasons.

And no offense to anyone but this sounds like KKS is trying to cash in on the sub-unit craze that's currently going on in Kpop/hallyu wave.

Well no matter, I just hope this all goes well and it will somehow work out, and it will get positive feedback, and the girls will get good coverage and even though I doubt they can create a national dance trend I hope the dance routine/song will be catchy and popular as T-ara really needs a big hit right now to get back into the thick of it.

The sub-unit rumors weren't necessarily proven to be false...it could have been that CCM just wasn't ready for the news to be announced yet, and obviously the mention of Double Sidekick being the primary producer was incorrect. The girls are sticking with Shinsadong Tiger for their producer for the track.

And yes, Hwayoung was expelled from the group, but of course they aren't going to put that in their official announcement for this sub-unit. Which sounds better, being expelled or withdrawing from the group? Haha. :P

Like someone else in this thread said, "Rural Life" sounds like it could be a very rough translation at this point, so who knows? Or maybe it has to do with their concept. Either way, it sounds intriguing, and with Shinsadong Tiger behind it you know it's going to be a catchy, glittery dance-pop song.

As far as the press release stating that it will "mend people's hearts," it's more or less saying that this is CCM's way of slowly reintroducing the group back into the public eye. At one point, EunJiMin were the group's three most popular members, so of course CCM wants to remind people of why they were considered the holy trinity in the first place, and Areum is the new kid in town, so she's in the unit to get more exposure as well.

Ultimately, it's like some people were saying...I don't think T-ara really has anything to lose in Korea at this point. People are going to hate regardless of what they do, but people will also still buy their music and support them if their output is good. Just look at Sexy Love, it may have not done as well as their past releases, but they put out arguably one of the best songs of their careers and killed their performances, and the song did pretty damn good. I think this sub-unit is a good way of testing the waters, so to speak, and I'm sure that it doesn't hurt that sub-units are the big thing in K-Pop right now, like you said; if this goes well, we'll get a song from the full group in a month or two, and if it fails, we'll have a bit longer to wait than we thought. I'm inclined to believe that it will do well though.

Sadly, as much as I hate the guy, I think I have to give it to KKS on this one. This is a pretty smart move.

Doing a sub-unit it a pretty smart move to test the waters with the Korean public, they've filled it with some of the most popular member from the past who had the most exposure to give the sub-unit the greatest chance of success along with a new member who can't really be associated with any scandals and if it's successful it'll both win back the populace as well as show people how hard-working/talented/whatever-they-need-to-see the members of T-ara are and thus greasing the wheels for a full group comeback. However, if the sub-unit doesn't do so well CCM can always blame it on the fact that it's just a sub-unit and not representative of the whole and simply take a bit to step back and re-evaluate how to mend T-ara's reputation.t

Anyways, I hope it goes well. Plus I think this all, in my mind anyways, both explains the point of this and why we haven't seen Dani yet (or never would be fine too, haha) because it's just to early to add another unknown.

Seeing this news just now, and I'm speechless.... XD

KKS' statement surely go back and forth like a freaking wind. I am done being trolled. Let me grab a chair and just wait until the song comes out for real. Anyway, despite my personal troubled feeling about this sub-unit, wish the best for the girls as always. May the song comes out great and enjoyable. They literally really need outstanding song to survive in SK now.

Wow..KKS is trolling Queen's now with some news..LOL =)

Well..I think this month is the right time for T-ara to try promoting a new song in Korea as world's eyes now all focused on heated south-north relations.

Its good when the situation will be over in the end of month (I hope) and T-ara comeback will get noticed too =)

I really don't think CCM did itself any justice in making any mention of Hwayoung, because last time I recall, Hwayoung didn't withdraw from the group. They made it sound like she voluntarily resigned, which everyone knows here is complete bullhonkey. She was expelled/fired for unjustified reasons by KKS. Plain and simple, nothing more complicated than that.

Anyone who disagrees, then by all means, be welcome to be labelled a CCM defender. I personally didn't find her appealing or very talented, but kicking someone out for lousy reasons like that is more or less hardly any different to how victims of bullying in Korean schools are treated by school authorities.

T-ara will form this unit to try and mend the hearts of millions of fans again. Unit groups have been popular lately with Sistar19, 2YOON, ZE:A5, Infinite-H, and various other groups.

Last time I checked, T-ara did not have 'millions' of fans - because quite frankly, no K-pop group has that sort of number of fans and it's impossible to do so. Then again, CCM over-exaggerates its numbers all the time so that shouldn't come as a surprise. I still chuckle at its claim that 'thousands' of fans rushed to see T-ara at the airport (in Vietnam or Malaysia, can't remember) last year.

Ditto about Sistar19, but 2YOON, Infinite H and Zea:5 certainly are not nation-wide popular in Korea. Zea:5 only debuted just 2 weeks ago and 2Yoon's sales for Harvest Moon were only a little over 5,000. Doesn't help that 4minute as a group is more well known among people as 'Hyuna and friends' either. Not exactly 'popular', CCM, unless you're solely referring to popular among teenagers there. Only Infinite-H has seen real success and that's because largely of their particularly devoted fanbase, much like Super Junior, DBSK, Big Bang or any major boy group in Korea.

As for trying to 'bring back a craze similar to the Roly Poly dance', I really doubt T-ara has much sway in deciding the choreography for its promoted tracks and hell, to repeat the same former glory thing in K-pop is almost impossible. Even SNSD's releases in 2011 and 2010 never managed to go beyond the craze that Gee and Tell Me Your Wish Genie was able to pull off nationwide, and they're under the largest and most wealthy agency in K-pop. There's little to no hope to even think CCM/KKS can do any better. Every major group in K-pop has its big one-time mass success release and releases after that don't usually do much better in scale.

Doesn't help that the tolerance of idol groups nowadays is steadily going lower while those like Akdong Musician and Busker Busker are being more favored by the public.

But either way, CCM's known to overhype/over-exaggerate things about T-ara more so than often so I won't put my hopes onto this sub-unit being a success yet.

Like someone else in this thread said, "Rural Life" sounds like it could be a very rough translation at this point, so who knows? Or maybe it has to do with their concept. Either way, it sounds intriguing, and with Shinsadong Tiger behind it you know it's going to be a catchy, glittery dance-pop song.

As far as the press release stating that it will "mend people's hearts," it's more or less saying that this is CCM's way of slowly reintroducing the group back into the public eye. At one point, EunJiMin were the group's three most popular members, so of course CCM wants to remind people of why they were considered the holy trinity in the first place, and Areum is the new kid in town, so she's in the unit to get more exposure as well.

Ultimately, it's like some people were saying...I don't think T-ara really has anything to lose in Korea at this point. People are going to hate regardless of what they do, but people will also still buy their music and support them if their output is good. Just look at Sexy Love, it may have not done as well as their past releases, but they put out arguably one of the best songs of their careers and killed their performances, and the song did pretty damn good. I think this sub-unit is a good way of testing the waters, so to speak, and I'm sure that it doesn't hurt that sub-units are the big thing in K-Pop right now, like you said; if this goes well, we'll get a song from the full group in a month or two, and if it fails, we'll have a bit longer to wait than we thought. I'm inclined to believe that it will do well though.

Y'know, sometimes I wish T-ara (or CCM for that matter) would stop using Shinsadong Tiger so dominantly for their hit tracks.

Musically, it's not really doing the group any favors in having their voices sound like autotuned chipmunks and even difficult to distinguish in the majority of their promoted tracks unless you see the performances in Youtube or in an MV - from BPBP, Lovey Dovey, It Really Hurts, Roly Poly and Sexy Love (ALL by Shinsadong Tiger, to my knowledge) while their older stuff like Lies, TTL and even DBD are largely ignored or simply forgotten despite that they also did reasonably well in the charts while similar stuff made are put aside as filler tracks.

Plus even though there's been a trend of sub-units, their sales aren't exactly impressive. As I mentioned above, 2Yoon didn't sell very much and even SISTAR19's recent album got roughly just 10.5k sales. Considering T-ara's not exactly 'popular' in Korea, it's doubtful this subgroup can sell more than 10k or even 20k for that matter, yet alone match its competitors.

Though if it's solely digitally released like SISTAR19's Ma Boy, then it should be a wholly different story, as least theoratically (also going by that girl groups tend to do much better with digital than physical).

I'll also add that Ji/Eun/Hyo are also the most disliked/hated members of the group as of now, Jiyeon and Hyomin in particular.

@Scatter.. I am here to fight with you,LOL

As for trying to 'bring back a craze similar to the Roly Poly dance', I really doubt T-ara has much sway in deciding the choreography for its promoted tracks and hell, to repeat the same former glory thing in K-pop is almost impossible. Even SNSD's releases in 2011 and 2010 never managed to go beyond the craze that Gee and Tell Me Your Wish Genie was able to pull off nationwide, and they're under the largest and most wealthy agency in K-pop. There's little to no hope to even think CCM/KKS can do any better. Every major group in K-pop has its big one-time mass success release and releases after that don't usually do much better in scale.

- I have to disagree with you respectfully here mate. T-ara hit Daebak with BPBP and their popularity didnt go down the hill after it. With each release, they made it bigger and bigger. If the news of this so-called bullying hadnt pop up, I would even dare to say that SL would have done more better than RP & LD. They arent named Transforming Devil without any reason. With each and any concept, they have always done justice to their song and Choreography

Edited by @Eunjung4eva