Diadem Forums

[INFO] Darkbend's rant about N4

Darkbend

So with all the hub bub about T-ara's upcoming comeback, I felt the need to write something, something serious this time around. I originally tweeted this, but it is my desire to share it with everyone who has time to read it.

Ok, I was never really a Queen's who gives an eff about what goes on in the fandom because by now, I'm kinda used to it. It's the most split up fandom ever, it's fun though and most people are very nice. But I am not writing this long winded tweet just so I can tell you about the fandom, I'm writing this because everyone suddenly wants to act all "industry-expert"-like and keep shoving their own "opinions" down other people's throats...

So, hot subject right now is this new T-ara subunit named N4. It's cool, it's hip and it's new, it's also missing 3 members, one of which is my complete and utter bias Soyeon Park. Yeah yeah, I know, I should be all "WTFOMGWTHISTHISSHIT".... Sadly, unlike other more famous Soyeon biases, I'm gonna skip being a whiny little baby and support the subunit. Why? because the 4 members who will be in it will be working hard for it, they will lose sleep over it, they will sustain minor injuries practicing for it, they will bleed for it and most of all, they will not be getting a break like the other 3.

Wishing that the subunit fails is kinda like spitting into Jiyeon, Hyomin, Eunjung and Areum's faces because boo you, how dare you make a comeback without the other 3 members. Really? Cmon, we're not the best fandom out there but we have one of the most hated groups out there and the last thing they need is hate coming from inside their own god dang fandom.

Of course the new breed of Queen's called the "True Queen's" will say xxxx like, what about the other 3? Don't you realize that they will not be earning anything from this, Don't you know that it's possible the CCM is just trying to make them irrelevant so that they can remove them altogether because they're getting old. What I would say to that is this, idol groups and solo idols go on hiatuses all the time so this won't be any different, Whatever CCM decides to do in the future with these 3, you can't do anything about. Doesn't mean that you should wish the whole group to fail or w/e they're currently working on. You're just proving the fact that if someone other than Hwayoung was fired from T-ara last year, that you would turn into another hater, just like what her fans were saying back then.

No one knows for sure what's happening behind closed doors or lowered curtains or management offices, you sure as heck wouldn't be able to tell it just by looking at a melodramatic selca posted by a member. As much as I want to believe super powers exist, I doubt it. No one has any real data, all your so-called data came from the same place where everyone gets theirs and where you apparently got dubbed into a knight by your imaginary Queen, the internet.

I'm not saying you should believe what I say, heck I think only 3 or 4 people will end up reading this thing because duhr, wall of text. But I just wanted to share what I've been feeling reading twitter and tumblr these past few days.

To end, I just want to wish for a successful comeback for N4, and for the 3 ones who got a break, use it well, you've earned it. ^^
Call me a fake Queen's or whatever, your word isn't fact so it holds just about as much weight as an elephant on the moon. Darky out.

Now this is obviously targeted at this certain tumblr user and fellow Soyeon fan, so disregard the semi-personal tone of the message.

Thanks for taking the time to read it, and as per long post traditions, here a picture of a potato for your trouble. (or w/e the heck she's holding)

ibgLEx0YuH9EQR.jpg

I'm just amazed that you somehow got that through Twitter's character limit. Kudos.

I always felt subunits were a snub at the other group members [sistar19, TaeTiSeo, etc] or just to make good ol' profit. But I can get down with this because they want a hip hop spin. They pretty much ditched the singers and added Jiyeon. Jiyeon, IMO can probably rap good. She's got a unique, sorta deep and smooth voice [see Goodbye Ok]. I listen to mostly rap so I can appreciate all types from the ignent stuff like Gucci and Waka to some more independent stuff. Yes there is a Waka Flocka fan on Diadems.

Its refreshing to read something like this once in a while. Hell, I would have been definitely pissed of like there's no tomorrow if Jungiee werent a part of Sub-unit but I wouldnt have fall as far as wishing our own girls to fails. Also, being disappointed is one thing but I dont think and believe we fans should always honey-coat our words. There are time when we would strongly like to express such things. While I am happy for Jungiee as high as heaven, I really feel pity for other three as much if not more. Given that, the 3(EunJiMIN) are the most popular figures and they are trying to promote new face Areum but its definitely unfair to other three who doesnt have much time as an idol and their growing age isnt helping them at all..

Though I may have joined this fandom way too late but still I care about the name T-ara as much as rest of the members here if not more. I think T-ara is the fandom with most weak bond but at the same time, the most strongest oneas well. We are strong because We were/are together through out the whole controversy. We face all haters/antis together staying as one"Queen's" but we are weak, because we fight among ourselves. We dont have unity nor that positive attitude to handle the achievements of individual members. While we should be happy for the success or achievement of T-ara even if it were an individual member, we behave exactly opposite. Rather then being happy for those who achieved something, we complain why the rest didnt get anything. And this criticism is to all of the member of Diadem or any other Queen's including me. Like I said, if Jungiee werent a part of this unit, I bet I would be the one to create most fuss here.This post is one of the best by any rational fan and I really respect the original poster/twitter who is Darkbend.

Couldnt agree more with it..

EDIT:I'm writing this because everyone suddenly wants to act all "industry-expert"-like and keep shoving their own "opinions" down other people's throats...

Like I said, there are times when fans want to express their thoughts/views/opinions strongly regardless of being positive/negative or neutral so if anything, I disagree with this statement of your's. Other than this, You nailed it mate!!

I see your point. I can't say that I've completely agreed with it anyway. I've grown to keep a skepticism view about sub-unit, neither supporting or against (regardless of the members in the sub-unit) until I've seen the results coming out of the sub-unit. That's just me though. My only pet peeve about this whole sub-unit thing (irrelevant to what you're expressing in your tweet, but I just like to put it out there :D) is that sometime people refer to the sub-unit as the group itself (example: TTS is by no mean SNSD).

I read it

I don't think too much about subunits, I don't even know if will like it, what if I don't like the songs?

but anyway I'm still supportive because different of me that am resting my butt in front of a pc the girls are working hard and they deserve credit for it

none has the right to hate those 4 because they got the oportunity, none can take it away from them.

I'd like to the other girl to have some special project too but hey they are having a needed break and we don't know about the future, so I'm thinking positively about it
plus it would be weird if they made two subunits to debut at the same time or even some kind of solo project along with the subunit

there are too many points and ccm is always a surprise, let's not antecipate things and enjoy what we have

For me, this is really no different than hearing a certain member got a role in a movie or a drama and the fanbase supports them. Or at least they're supposed to.

When I was heavily into the Sone fandom people wouldn't tolerate putting down other members in the group. You either liked them all and treated each with respect or you weren't a real fan. I've kind of carried that mentality with me ever since. It just makes sense doesn't it? They're a group. They'll have side projects, they'll have personal projects but it doesn't mean they aren't a group any more. I'm confident T-ara will be back at 120% after this subunit business and until then I'll be supporting N4 and T-ara until the end.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the sub-units from other groups composed of the more famous members too? If that's the "trend", subunit of EunJiMin is no surprise at all. Actually, it's more surprising they only did a subunit now (in hindsight, with what happened last year, I guess if there was indeed any plans for subunit/s, it would be delayed).

I agree with some of the points raised, like how a subunit is no different from solo projects and other activities. Perhaps it's the idea of slowly shedding off the older members. In the near future, it may not be the case. Both Boram and Qri pulls off the 'the much younger than I look' image, plus either or both are popular in Japan. Then we have Soyeon, who besides being the group's main vocalist, also has excellent variety skills (i.e. T-ara's spokesperson).

To an extent, it's quite understandable how some may react to the subunit (recall last year). But it's less likely something drastic like last year will happen (but it's CCM we're dealing with, so anything is possible). And for what's it worth, I suggest that you show more concrete support to your individual biases (sorry, all I can think of is the Banisuta CDs and support projects). As long as they remain relevant, your biases will be around, or less chances of being axed. And who knows, the unnies may not be idle after all (hopefully).

As much as there are those who jump on the hype of every new release/promotions, we also have those who unleash so much negativity. Either way, stop the incessant and unpleasant extremes. It's fine to be supportive and anticipating; there is nothing wrong with a dose of skepticism and a bit of being critical, but to take it an all new level of insanity, it's simply frustrating. It's terrible enough we have all those haters and bashers or whatever they are, it's just worse with the 'fandom' (still don't like the term) in a perpetual state of civil war.

Personally, I'm not into the whole hiphop thing (it seems currently the trend in SK now), but I'm waiting to see what N4 has to offer. And speaking of N4, more than their usual share of fatigue and stress, it would be better if people (us) extending sympathy and support to those 4, who are unmistakably used to test the waters.

Pray that N4 will be successful, and in turn, that success be carried over to the entire group that is T-ara.

The response among Queens'/Diadems completely reminds me of what Sones had with the SNSD's sub-unit TaeTiSeo last year in 2012 - and even amusingly, this subunit is starting up in almost exactly the same date TTS debuted.

As far as these 'True Queens' go, I'd say they need to calm their asses down.

I personally do have my concerns that Soyeon, Boram and Qri are possibly being shafted away as they're the older members of the group, coupled with KKS's seemingly stubborn insistence to lower the average age of the group (first with Hwayoung, then by adding Areum and Dani while the three older members are basically being ignored for the most part - Boram and Qri in particular). @Regius's points on this however, reassures it somewhat but honestly, I think Boram and Qri may leave the group earlier, since the contracts they signed are likely different to what the more popular members have. Technically, even with their popularity in Japan, they're not really much worth when it comes to individual popularity and are called the deadweights of the group for a reason.

And for the fans that claim it is an absolute must (or something along those lines) to support this sub-unit, I'd say the same thing as I would say to these 'True Queens''. Being a fan doesn't mean you have to support everything about the group's activities.

Both sides have their own motley group of elitists and quite frankly, I find them a bigger headache than the people who hate the group. That's the thing - internal damage is a heck lot more devastating than external damage is.

If anything, I'd more worried about the concept itself - Korea has its own hip-hop industry with a lot of well-regarded and respected hip hop artists like Epik High, Dynamic Duo, Supreme Team, Outsider, Tiger JK, Drunken Tiger etc. who are especially popular among Korea's youth population and more so than often, idol groups that try to pass off as anything in semblance to hip-hop (G-dragon is one particular example) are seen as wannabe, try-hard or fake...or all three of them (and rightfully so actually).

Coupled with T-ara's not-so good reputation, an attempt to pass off with this 'hip-hop' concept is going to get laughed at.

Edit: @Darky, I wouldn't quite believe the other 3 members got a break though. Anyone would know KKS considers having a 'break' is the definition of being 'lazy'. They'll probably be stuck with practicing dancing in the studio all day, doing individual stuff that doesn't really take much interest from the media or God knows what else he makes them do to keep them 'busy' (if memory calls, one of the members said even if they finish their schedules early, they always end up getting something to do to keep them occupied. Which is not good).

I agree, I just like to think that they're getting some well deserved rest.. but alas, the lord of stupidity who calls himself their CEO is probably gonna put them to work early, preparing for the upcoming budokan concert...

Teaser pics are nice though, so is the teaser clip :)

Thank Darkbend for the long "essay", I agree with most things you said.

I don't understand why some Queen's are so negative about the sub-unit. Soyeon is my ultimate bias, and she's excluded from the N4, of course I'm sad, but I can't do anything about it and I understand CCM's purpose in launching the sub-unit. Sorry if I offend anyone but I find it laughable that some people want CCM to promote the less popular members, i.e Soyeon, Qri and Boram, instead. From what we can see during the past few months, CCM seems to try to scrape as much money as they can from Queen's to possibly make up for the drop in profit from T-ara after the scandal. So why they would want to invest more money on the older ones who also happen to have less fans than the 4 younger members (except for Areum who is new, thus she may have the least fans)? I agree with Regius that with the launch of the sub-unit, CCM is preparing for fans to get used to seeing T-ara with only 4 members, at the same time they might just been looking for the best timing to announce the departure of the unnies.

Sso, Qri and Boram can relax at home (hopefully it's is the case) and watch their group members sweat on stage to bring in money for the group (though the unnies' share could be minimal, it's better than nothing).

Anyway, it's nice to have some thing to talk about than nothing, though more often than not, in any T-ara related news, the members are being thrown mud at by haters and sometimes even by some "true" Queen's. So, "fake" Queen's, let's be positive. I'm a person who believes that unless you try, you would never know the true result. I applaude N4 for being brave (or being forced to put on a brave front) to go against all the hate waiting ahead of them. Try hard or die, simple as that.

Sorry if I offend anyone but I find it laughable that some people want CCM to promote the less popular members, i.e Soyeon, Qri and Boram, instead. From what we can see during the past few months, CCM seems to try to scrape as much money as they can from Queen's to possibly make up for the drop in profit from T-ara after the scandal. So why they would want to invest more money on the older ones who also happen to have less fans than the 4 younger members (except for Areum who is new, thus she may have the least fans)? I agree with Regius that with the launch of the sub-unit, CCM is preparing for fans to get used to seeing T-ara with only 4 members, at the same time they might just been looking for the best timing to announce the departure of the unnies.

Sso, Qri and Boram can relax at home (hopefully it's is the case) and watch their group members sweat on stage to bring in money for the group (though the unnies' share could be minimal, it's better than nothing).

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with individually promoting the less popular members - or at least give them a little push to get their names noticed a tad a bit more. Cube took a go at it with Jiyoon and Gayoon in 4minute's new subunit 2Yoon - though granted, that sub-unit didn't really make much of an impact. Even with SM's SNSD, when the group isn't doing comebacks, all members still found their own niche of individual activities as the years went by.

Alas, I really can't help but think this may be a move indicating Boram and Qri's possible departure, as well as Soyeon. Reminds me of the times last year when everyone pretty much accused CCM of going down to After School's or AKB-48's 'graduation' system - if this happens to be the case, then T-ara may as well be a wholly different group in the near future, the name being nothing more than just a label really - doesn't help that CCM doesn't have anyone else in its roster to even match the income T-ara brings in. Talk about some nutty management there.

On the other hand - if this is a sub-unit thing, I wonder if the profit is divided in this. From what I recall, if what you indicate that CCM being desperate for cash is true, then chances are these 4 members will only get a tiny portion of the money made. Ditto on how CCM divides its' profits though Seoulbeats mentioned that T-ara's income goes by that members don't have to share the money earned from individual activities while profit earned from group activities go largely to the company (similar to SM's system) - but whether if sub-units are considered part of the former or latter rings a few questions.

So with all the hub bub about T-ara's upcoming comeback, I felt the need to write something, something serious this time around. I originally tweeted this, but it is my desire to share it with everyone who has time to read it.

Now this is obviously targeted at this certain tumblr user and fellow Soyeon fan, so disregard the semi-personal tone of the message.

Thanks for taking the time to read it, and as per long post traditions.

Good coverage in your points in the quote there. I would most likely take a similar stance as well. Thanks for sharing. ^_^ And thanks for the picture too.

Its refreshing to read something like this once in a while. Hell, I would have been definitely pissed of like there's no tomorrow if Jungiee werent a part of Sub-unit but I wouldnt have fall as far as wishing our own girls to fails. Also, being disappointed is one thing but I dont think and believe we fans should always honey-coat our words. There are time when we would strongly like to express such things. While I am happy for Jungiee as high as heaven, I really feel pity for other three as much if not more. Given that, the 3(EunJiMIN) are the most popular figures and they are trying to promote new face Areum but its definitely unfair to other three who doesnt have much time as an idol and their growing age isnt helping them at all..

Though I may have joined this fandom way too late but still I care about the name T-ara as much as rest of the members here if not more. I think T-ara is the fandom with most weak bond but at the same time, the most strongest oneas well. We are strong because We were/are together through out the whole controversy. We face all haters/antis together staying as one"Queen's" but we are weak, because we fight among ourselves. We dont have unity nor that positive attitude to handle the achievements of individual members. While we should be happy for the success or achievement of T-ara even if it were an individual member, we behave exactly opposite. Rather then being happy for those who achieved something, we complain why the rest didnt get anything. And this criticism is to all of the member of Diadem or any other Queen's including me. Like I said, if Jungiee werent a part of this unit, I bet I would be the one to create most fuss here.

A sub-unit doesn't necessarily mean the other group members can't form their own sub-unit later on. If anything can be learned thus far in sub-units recently, we can get a good idea of this ever-trending approach in the market, by looking at it as a whole. After School is perhaps the most sub-units of sub-units right now, having Orange Caramel, A.S. Red, and A.S. Blue. We've learned how successful a sub-unit can be, thanks to Orange Caramel, Taetiseo, and Sistar19 (Probably the most successful sub-unit to date, due to the sequel performances made by the Electroboyz). And learned how challenging it can be with Jewelry S, and how spilt it can become when 2 sub-units (A.S. Red and A.S. Blue) debut one after the other from the same group (A.S. Red seemed to come out on top over A.S. Blue.).

It can be then said that sub-units are still a work in progress with gradual successes along the way. I suppose our newest sub-unit will play it safe with 4 of it's members first, before considering the creation of another. So it won't be any good to assume the other members won't get a chance of their own, given how long it took for some 4NIA fans to finally get 2Yoon to debut, after a string of concert performances. So the lesson here is the building of demand for a sub-unit, or in this case, the beginning of a return of our T-ara to their home. There are still lots of T-ara fans in South Korea. So long as they have the support, and fans advocating to create a sub-unit, it is possible. After School's A.S. Red and A.S. Blue had fan participation in creating those sub-units. Currently, I hear that there are still uncertainty whether or not Girls' Generation will have follow-up sub-units. I also hear of talks on how divided the fandom is on which members should be in them, as a primary concern, aside from other bases that need to be covered in order to make it possible, like planning, scheduling, etc. We're not sure about Sistar, let alone Jewelry and 4minute, including our T-ara, on creating sub-units for the other members, yet. But that doesn't mean there isn't fans who want them. Core Contents Media hasn't mentioned anything about creating a sub-unit for the other members too. So, we all will have to wait and see how well N4 does.

Another point of consideration to take in, is whether or not the remaining members in the groups are willing to take on the sub-unit challenge. Sistar's Dasom had to endure and overcome her own struggles, as an example. Now with our T-ara, it is quite extraordinary with their very own challenges, and we'll see how well they'll do. Who knows if they're planning another sub-unit with the other members right now. Currently, unsure, but to say the least, it is a confident assurance they can be successful given their promotional teasers, and the fan support for the entire group. With all of that been said, I still feel sub-units is still a work in progress in the industry with lots of promising goodness to come, and our T-ara N4 is going to be an awesome addition to it. :)

If they do make that next sub-unit, I wonder what name they will get?

My only pet peeve about this whole sub-unit thing is that sometime people refer to the sub-unit as the group itself (example: TTS is by no mean SNSD).

I believe members still represent the entire group when they're doing their own things, no? Because whether it's good or bad, the entire group shares the responsibility of each of their members' actions. And if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the members in TTS always introduce themselves saying, "Girls' Generation's Taetiseo"?

For me, this is really no different than hearing a certain member got a role in a movie or a drama and the fanbase supports them. Or at least they're supposed to.

When I was heavily into the Sone fandom people wouldn't tolerate putting down other members in the group. You either liked them all and treated each with respect or you weren't a real fan. I've kind of carried that mentality with me ever since. It just makes sense doesn't it? They're a group. They'll have side projects, they'll have personal projects but it doesn't mean they aren't a group any more. I'm confident T-ara will be back at 120% after this subunit business and until then I'll be supporting N4 and T-ara until the end.

Beautifully said. ^_^ *applauds*

Their Hip Hop concept will be well and received in K-Pop, especially when the genre already includes every Korean Hip Hop artists by default anyway. :D I am sure they will get big paychecks, because they deserve it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the sub-units from other groups composed of the more famous members too? If that's the "trend", subunit of EunJiMin is no surprise at all. Actually, it's more surprising they only did a subunit now (in hindsight, with what happened last year, I guess if there was indeed any plans for subunit/s, it would be delayed).

Perhaps it's the idea of slowly shedding off the older members.

Not really, for some, yes, but not all. Sub-units gives group members the opportunity to demonstrate more of their skills and talents, like Jewelry S and 2Yoon.

I'm very glad that's an idea not worth paying any attention to, given their recent successful promotions in Japan. I don't think it is even plausible enough to even consider such a thing, knowing how gut-wrenching it was with Hwayoung's contractual termination for all of the members to begin with. Plus, with their new sub-unit, losing other members along the way would definitely contradict N4's very existence.

From what we can see during the past few months, CCM seems to try to scrape as much money as they can from Queen's to possibly make up for the drop in profit from T-ara after the scandal. So why they would want to invest more money on the older ones who also happen to have less fans than the 4 younger members (except for Areum who is new, thus she may have the least fans)?

I don't think money is the issue, because it has been noted that Core Contents Media has turned down very large sums of money offers before.

We all don't know their schedules, or what projects they will be working on while N4 is promoting. It is possible that they can have more breaks than N4, but that doesn't mean they won't find something worth doing in the meantime.

I believe members still represent the entire group when they're doing their own things, no? Because whether it's good or bad, the entire group shares the responsibility of each of their members' actions. And if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the members in TTS always introduce themselves saying, "Girls' Generation's Taetiseo"?

That's why it's just my personal view on the sub-unit concept. I don't believe that a member/sub-group activity represents the entire group. It does reflects their characteristics, if you will, of being apart of the group.

Everyone in the same group share the same responsibility, and that is being a part of the group that gave the group its name. If some members aren't participating, the group's name is irrelevant, and that's why they have sub-unit name. Again, that's just me.

As for TTS, it's probably not themselves who are doing that (I didn't really follow the whole TTS activities so I can't confirm), it's some fans who are referring them simply as SNSD that bothers me.

That's why it's just my personal view on the sub-unit concept. I don't believe that a member/sub-group activity represents the entire group. It does reflects their characteristics, if you will, of being apart of the group.
Everyone in the same group share the same responsibility, and that is being a part of the group that gave the group its name. If some members aren't participating, the group's name is irrelevant, and that's why they have sub-unit name. Again, that's just me.

As for TTS, it's probably not themselves who are doing that (I didn't really follow the whole TTS activities so I can't confirm), it's some fans who are referring them simply as SNSD that bothers me.

Here's what I find quandary though when it comes to differentiating who represents which in a group that has a sub-unit though, when a sub-unit of a current group does a group activity, because the group in general is the base origin, the group name is always mentioned and doesn't mention the sub-unit's name. Even when the sub-unit does a sub-unit activity, the group name is still mentioned along with the sub-unit name, because it is still part of the group origin. By not mentioning the group name though, it would leave others to assume that they're a group of their own more than a sub-unit, which won't be true. I've encountered new K-Pop fans who've asked me if Orange Caramel was their own group, only to find out later on to their surprise, that they were actually a sub-unit of After School. So won't it be still accurate for sub-unit members to be called by the group name, simply because they're part of the group?

Here's what I find quandary though when it comes to differentiating who represents which in a group that has a sub-unit though, when a sub-unit of a current group does a group activity, because the group in general is the base origin, the group name is always mentioned and doesn't mention the sub-unit's name. Even when the sub-unit does a sub-unit activity, the group name is still mentioned along with the sub-unit name, because it is still part of the group origin. By not mentioning the group name though, it would leave others to assume that they're a group of their own more than a sub-unit, which won't be true. I've encountered new K-Pop fans who've asked me if Orange Caramel was their own group, only to find out later on to their surprise, that they were actually a sub-unit of After School. So won't it be still accurate for sub-unit members to be called by the group name, simply because they're part of the group?

You're right, they are part of the group, but they're not the group itself. I think we're talking about two different things. Yes the sub-unit activities ultimately goes back to gaining more popularity to the whole group (as they're part of the whole group) while promoting (as well as after promoting) as a sub-group (This is where we can agree on, I think). But that's not to say that the whole group itself is promoting. The only active promoting unit is the sub-group, and that's where I believe that it's only appropriate to address them as the sub-group's name label (i.e. TTS, T-Ara's N4, Orange Caramel, Sistar19, etc. and I refer to them as such when they are'will be promoting) while they're promoting as a sub-group.

My only point in this whole matter is the emphasis on the appropriateness of groups' labeling. Sub-groups can always be represented by the whole group, but the vice-versa shouldn't be true.

You're right, they are part of the group, but they're not the group itself. I think we're talking about two different things. Yes the sub-unit activities ultimately goes back to gaining more popularity to the whole group (as they're part of the whole group) while promoting (as well as after promoting) as a sub-group (This is where we can agree on, I think). But that's not to say that the whole group itself is promoting. The only active promoting unit is the sub-group, and that's where I believe that it's only appropriate to address them as the sub-group's name label (i.e. TTS, T-Ara's N4, Orange Caramel, Sistar19, etc. and I refer to them as such when they are'will be promoting) while they're promoting as a sub-group.
My only point in this whole matter is the emphasis on the appropriateness of groups' labeling. Sub-groups can always be represented by the whole group, but the vice-versa shouldn't be true.

There's the clarification I was looking for in the usage of the word "irrelevant", and "is by no mean", for those postings. ^_^ Yes, I do believe we have come to a understanding now. Thank you for clearing that up. I appreciate it that. :D