Diadem Forums

[13.04.22] T-ara N4 to work with "Gangnam Style" music video director

nathaniel

[13.04.22] T-ara N4 to work with "Gangnam Style" music video director

201304220951773005_51748a564c3fc.jpg

T-ara's unit T-ara N4 will work with the music video director Jo Soohyun who directed PSY's "Gangnam Style" and "Gentleman" videos.

Over the past three nights and four days, T-ara N4 shot their music video for "Rural Life" with Jo Soohyun.

The music video's plot is about rural girls traveling from South Korea's rural background into the city of Seoul. There will be several surprise guest appearances as well.

T-ara N4 consists of T-ara's Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon and Areum. They will have a high-end and unique concept with bold and colorful accessories and outfits.

"Rural Life" was produced by Double Sidekick and will represent the hearts of the people living in the frustrating day-to-day repetitive tasks of life. The main motif of the song is inspired from the drama "Rural Life", yet the song will be a funky hip-hop dance song.

The music video teaser will first be published when T-ara goes to Mnet M!Countdown in Taiwan on the 25th, and then the music video and song will be released at noon on the 29th.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20130422n07340

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Ooooookay, so I'm a little confused here:D

Is this going to be similar to Psys work, because if it is than it will have massive meme potential and that means me gonna likey, A LOT.

Still this new project of T-aras is getting more and more interesting by the minute hehe:D

Guest baramsori

I hate how they keep pointing out that everything they are doing is inspired by PSY. It just gets them more hate and ridicule. Originality is better CCM...

errrr There are only 2 common points:

1. Same director. But this guy starts working with T-ara since Bunny Style, not just now. It's an improvement on CCM side actually. Because the girls normally will get really fast and dizzy dance video if they stay with their old director, but by collaborating with new director (with proofs of performance), CCM can ensure that T-ara MV will be up a notch. In fact, CCM only work with high profile composers and directors. Back then, when Cho Young Soo are always the one who make the most money in Korea (for composer), CCM songs are always composed by him. And then, CCM works with Shinsadong Tiger after the guy proves himself with success songs for Beasts and 4min. After Kang JiWon and Kim KiBum success launching Secret to fame, CCM also hire them. And now, as you know, Duble Sidekick continuously write hit songs for CCM.

Therefore, i dont think its a surprise when CCM hire Cho SooHyun for T-ara this time. I actually wish CCM hire the guy who did BAP's One Shot MV though. Nevertheless, Cho SooHyun is not a bad choice either.

2. CCM want the song and the dance to become a national trend like Gangnam Style. But really, who doesn't?

Aside from that, nothing from T-ara is related to PSY. I dont think they are inspired by PSY style at all. Maybe hiphop but even 4min is going hiphop.

haha.. watever guys.. if i were you, i'll just wait until 25th for the mv teaser and 29th for the full mv and song.. thank you ... i don't care about PSY thingy/Gangnam Style/Gentleman stuffs, n4 is n4, Psy is Psy, rural life is rural life, therefore, Gangnam Style is Gangnam style...

anyways, goodluck to our T-ara n4... :D wish all the best...

Guest Higara

They haven't worked with this director before have they? I hope this means that their mv quality will improve, since some of their previous ones weren't very engaging due to the bad editing.

He worked for bunny style mv.

There is news for Boram, Qri and Soyeon.

"T-ara Japanese sub-unit (Boram-Qri-Soyeon) activities are ready prepared. Debut day will be announce soon."

nice to know that the other girls will also have a sub unit now i understand very well why soyeon is not part of TN4 because she will be the main vocalist for the sub unit in japan..t-ara fighting !!!

There is news for Boram, Qri and Soyeon.

"T-ara Japanese sub-unit (Boram-Qri-Soyeon) activities are ready prepared. Debut day will be announce soon."

I heard this as well. ^_^ I really want to know what concept they will be using in Japan, and what name will they have for this sub-unit too, and when they will debut over there.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa can they pls stop connecting the tN4 to psy?grr it's so annoying to read stuff like connected to psy .... but i'm getting more excited for this

That's understandable, but it can be a very small world in the entertainment industry with people knowing other people in there. With Psy's worldwide success, it's to be expected of other artists and celebrities to ride the waves too. :) After all, it's the K-Pop Hallyu Wave.