Diadem Forums

[13.04.25] Choi Boolam-Kim Sumi to return after 11 years for T-ara N4's "Rural Life" music video

nathaniel

[13.04.25] Choi Boolam-Kim Sumi to return after 11 years for T-ara N4's "Rural Life" music video

ch_1366796821_789422416_0.jpg

The national actor Choi Boolam and actress Kim Sumi will appear in T-ara N4's new "Rural Life" music video after being on hiatus for 11 years.

Choi Boolam and Kim Sumi are from the longest ever running Korean drama "Rural Life" which broadcast from 1980-2002. It's been 11 years since it's last episode, and now they are back together and completed the filming for the music video of the same title for T-ara's unit T-ara N4 today.

The actors said, "'Rural Life' is a modern song but combines with the rural life theme and created a new type of genre. It felt nostalgic filming it, but it also was enjoyable listening to the song."

The T-ara N4 members said, "Because we had to go to Taiwan for the special episode of 'M!Countdown' we weren't able to visit them. We are thankful to both Kim Sumi and Choi Boolam sunbae for appearing in our video and we're disappointed we weren't there when they filmed!"

T-ara's drama music video of "Rural Life" is directed by Jo Soohyun who directed both PSY's "Gangnam Style" and "Gentleman" music video and features the girls moving from a rural background into the city. The dance version is by Hong Wonki who had directed videos for Infinite and Roy Kim before.

T-ara N4 will release the song and music video for "Rural Life" on the 29th at noon.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20130424n33550

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Guest Higara

Good to see t-ara work with both legendary top actors. Hope t-ara get to draw more interest from adult audiences as well as young people.

"The national actor Choi Boolam and actress Kim Sumi will appear in T-ara N4's new "Rural Life" music video after being on hiatus for 11 years."

Choi Bool-am and Kim Sumi certainly were not on hiatus for 11 years from K-dramas *facepalm*. Even a quick Google search with their names proves that, unless the article is saying they hadn't been in the same show for 11 years - which in that case, the word 'hiatus' is a pretty moot point.

Hey scatter is back, where have ya been mate:D

Anyway apart from the nonsense in the message I have to say it's a nice touch to add in to the MV some of the old cast of the drama, for authenticity sake I suppose.

Anyway ever since they announced Qri, Boram and Soyeons subunit That's all i can think about. Still I hope N4 will do well and that Rural life will be a hit.

"The national actor Choi Boolam and actress Kim Sumi will appear in T-ara N4's new "Rural Life" music video after being on hiatus for 11 years."

Choi Bool-am and Kim Sumi certainly were not on hiatus for 11 years from K-dramas *facepalm*. Even a quick Google search with their names proves that, unless the article is saying they hadn't been in the same show for 11 years - which in that case, the word 'hiatus' is a pretty moot point.

Scatter, what is the meaning of fan to you??

Now I see why they mentioned Roly Poly before. The music video is presumably going to be based on this drama, maybe like a leap forward in time to the present with the music they will be playing. I have not seen this drama before, but after taking a look at the synopsis and noticing it won an award back 1985, and the show's highest viewership was recorded on February 2, 1993 with a 42% rating, it's going to be quite interesting how well they put together a classic drama with the new and present music of today. :)

This drama started on October 10, 1980 to December 29, 2002 on the MBC station. A little over 12 years. :blink: Quite impressive. :) Both of these actors will be reprising their roles for this music video. Indeed, it has been 11 years since they acted in this drama, and they like the new song too! ^_^ That's pretty amazing. Confirmed, there will be a dance version of this song, but this is T-ara, of course there will a dance version. :lol: More the merrier, as the saying goes. :D It would be a trip to see these two actors dancing to the choreography a bit. :D

I do want to know what character roles Hyomin, Jiyeon, Eunjung, and Areum will be playing in this music video. Can't wait to see how this will come together. ^_^

@Eunjung4eva - I answered your question via PM :) I actually found it pretty difficult to answer, considering it's a pretty broad question but I hope the answer suffices haha. If you got any more questions about it, just ask away and I'll be happy to give an answer. On the other hand though, what I mentioned in my above post is true though - neither of those two were on hiatus for 11 years at all, just pointing out a correction, that's all (admittedly, the whole '11 year hiatus' thing seemed pretty suspicious at first glance since such a case is rare, if not never heard of among Korean celebrities. You can check their profiles on Dramawiki, as the list of dramas they were in is there).

Hey scatter is back, where have ya been mate:D

Anyway apart from the nonsense in the message I have to say it's a nice touch to add in to the MV some of the old cast of the drama, for authenticity sake I suppose.

Anyway ever since they announced Qri, Boram and Soyeons subunit That's all i can think about. Still I hope N4 will do well and that Rural life will be a hit.

Lol, been around here and there.

The one thing that boggles me though, is that if it's supposedly a countryside MV...then why were the earlier pics related to something of a rehashed visual of 2NE1 or EVOL of the sort :/ It doesn't really make all that much sense to me, unless there's two MVs being released - a dance-in-the-box version and a drama MV (which CCM always seems hellbent on doing, even though it's not really all that necessary).

I squealed upon the announcement of the QBS sub-unit though :3 I *hope* it'll be something good i.e. something that isn't autotuned to death or cheesy as heck aegyo :/ This was way, way long overdue XD.

@Eunjung4eva - I answered your question via PM :) I actually found it pretty difficult to answer, considering it's a pretty broad question but I hope the answer suffices haha. If you got any more questions about it, just ask away and I'll be happy to give an answer. On the other hand though, what I mentioned in my above post is true though - neither of those two were on hiatus for 11 years at all, just pointing out a correction, that's all (admittedly, the whole '11 year hiatus' thing seemed pretty suspicious at first glance since such a case is rare, if not never heard of among Korean celebrities. You can check their profiles on Dramawiki, as the list of dramas they were in is there).

Like I answered back in my PM as well, its not about the comment or logic but the way of approaching T-ara's article itself. Anyways, My question to you wasnt about this article itself but the real meaning of fan "as in" the question.Though my question was somewhat away from the thread for which I apologize but the outcome aka reply was worth enough.. Btw, Scatter the article itself isnt talking about them being in hiatus for 11 years bt its talking about the 11 years hiatus they had after the completion of Drama" Rular Life" which had same name as T-ara's song "Rural Life".. To be more precised, its talking about the 11 years hiatus they had from last "Rural Life" (their Drama) to T-ara's "Ruarl Life" (T-ara's song). Basically its about the time that took them to come together as a couple from one Rural life to another Rural life and the time interval i.e. 11 yrs was termed as Hiatus.. Well that's what I understood from the description and I dont think CCM or reports will make such obvious mistake coz Choi Bool-am had his last drama in 2012 as stated in his Dramawiki..

I am just happy that these two venerated actors are showing up for... ANOTHER T-ARA DRAMA MV!!!

Guys have you seen the new trailer? I'm totally psyched that T-ara will not do just another "dancing-in-a-box" MV.. I really loved their country scenes because it reminded me of when Hyomin stolen my heart in Invincible Youth 1 :wub: :wub: :wub: I wonder if she had any input in this...

Btw, the article itself isnt talking about them being in hiatus for 11 years bt its talking about the 11 years hiatus they had after the completion of Drama" Rular Life" which had same name as T-ara's song "Rural Life".. To be more precised, its talking about the 11 years hiatus they had from last "Rural Life" (their Drama) to T-ara's "Ruarl Life" (T-ara's song). Basically its about the time that took them to come together as a couple from one Rural life to another Rural life and the time interval i.e. 11 yrs was termed as Hiatus.. Well that's what I understood from the description and I dont think CCM or reports will make such obvious mistake coz Choi Bool-am had his last drama in 2012 as stated in his Dramawiki..

I found the article quite clear about that too. Not sure how some could actually make that simplistic comprehension mistake in that article, especially when the second and third text lines (Second and Third Sentences) explains the first line (First Sentence).

I saw the new video teasers and I'm pumped up excited to seeing the full music videos. ^_^

I found the article quite clear about that too. Not sure how some could actually make that simplistic comprehension mistake in that article, especially when the second and third text lines (Second and Third Sentences) explains the first line (First Sentence).

I saw the new video teasers and I'm pumped up excited to seeing the full music videos. ^_^

Leaving the somewhat sensitive lines aside, we can have a decent time sharing our thoughts Emperor, like usual. When I first saw the teaser, I was giggling like a 13 years old kid.. To be honest, I was never excited about any video as much as this one.. The teaser is killing it... I have a feeling that it will be real hit. Crossing my fingers :)

I am just happy that these two venerated actors are showing up for... ANOTHER T-ARA DRAMA MV!!!

Guys have you seen the new trailer? I'm totally psyched that T-ara will not do just another "dancing-in-a-box" MV.. I really loved their country scenes because it reminded me of when Hyomin stolen my heart in Invincible Youth 1 :wub: :wub: :wub: I wonder if she had any input in this...

Add me in your list as well. God, after seeing the teaser and the Caps in FB, I am so much in love with this Song and my anticipation was sky-rocketed. My apologies for other members for post this pic here.. Hey, mate I find this really funny!!

562415_543016035741179_537514219_n.jpg

Leaving the somewhat sensitive lines aside, we can have a decent time sharing our thoughts Emperor, like usual. When I first saw the teaser, I was giggling like a 13 years old kid.. To be honest, I was never excited about any video as much as this one.. The teaser is killing it... I have a feeling that it will be real hit. Crossing my fingers :)

Of course. ^_^ I keep guessing as to how much youtube views the first music video will hit, on its first day of release. Seeing that this particular drama has a very long airing history, I think there will be many people watching it. Obviously, there's lots of fans internationally, so it would be safe to say a lot more people will be seeing it. I hope all of the music videos get lots of views nonetheless. :D

Nice picture. ^_^

Like I answered back in my PM as well, its not about the comment or logic but the way of approaching T-ara's article itself. Anyways, My question to you wasnt about this article itself but the real meaning of fan "as in" the question.Though my question was somewhat away from the thread for which I apologize but the outcome aka reply was worth enough.. Btw, Scatter the article itself isnt talking about them being in hiatus for 11 years bt its talking about the 11 years hiatus they had after the completion of Drama" Rular Life" which had same name as T-ara's song "Rural Life".. To be more precised, its talking about the 11 years hiatus they had from last "Rural Life" (their Drama) to T-ara's "Ruarl Life" (T-ara's song). Basically its about the time that took them to come together as a couple from one Rural life to another Rural life and the time interval i.e. 11 yrs was termed as Hiatus.. Well that's what I understood from the description and I dont think CCM or reports will make such obvious mistake coz Choi Bool-am had his last drama in 2012 as stated in his Dramawiki..

No problem at all :)

But in this case, I really think the word 'reunion' would have better fitted the description, rather than the word 'hiatus', which gives off a pretty wrong impression on first glance. The article doesn't say anything specific about them having a 11 year hiatus from their drama career to T-ara's MV in any particular sentence either, as far as I see it. Besides, CCM's always made a lot of over-exaggerations in the past when it comes to hyping T-ara prior to comebacks.

Either way, seems like case is solved. Disclosed :3

Of course. ^_^ I keep guessing as to how much youtube views the first music video will hit, on its first day of release. Seeing that this particular drama has a very long airing history, I think there will be many people watching it. Obviously, there's lots of fans internationally, so it would be safe to say a lot more people will be seeing it. I hope all of the music videos get lots of views nonetheless. :D

Nice picture. ^_^

LOL, you will get old counting the views on this particular video haha.. Well, this type of generic will have impression on audience of all ages despite their interest in particular generic more or less . I believe it will do better, may even do best of all from T-ara. About your last sentence, I want them to be acknowledged by Korea rather than the whole world as of now.. Home is always home and house can never replace that..

That picture.. I lol'ed hard when I first saw it,haha!!Thank you very much :)

No problem at all :)

But in this case, I really think the word 'reunion' would have better fitted the description, rather than the word 'hiatus', which gives off a pretty wrong impression on first glance. The article doesn't say anything specific about them having a 11 year hiatus from their drama career to T-ara's MV in any particular sentence either, as far as I see it. Besides, CCM's always made a lot of over-exaggerations in the past when it comes to hyping T-ara prior to comebacks.

Either way, seems like case is solved. Disclosed :3

Yeah, the choice of word isnt definitely right.. Anyway, thanks and Safe!!

LOL, you will get old counting the views on this particular video haha.. Well, this type of generic will have impression on audience of all ages despite their interest in particular generic more or less . I believe it will do better, may even do best of all from T-ara. About your last sentence, I want them to be acknowledged by Korea rather than the whole world as of now.. Home is always home and house can never replace that..

That picture.. I lol'ed hard when I first saw it,haha!!Thank you very much :)

We all will be getting old regardless anyways, and there's enough reasons for everybody to enjoy and watch the music videos. I believe the same as well, and I'm sure the entire fandom from all over the world, including Korea, will definitely love them very much. After all, . . .

:D

Wow, I remember seeing reruns of that show a long time ago. This is a great idea, that show was so popular, many people from older generations will definitely be curious to see them again.

Can't wait to see the full video, it'll be great for the fans who've been waiting all this time. And I'm sure the reactions of the netizens who wanted them to go on "hiatus" or disband will give me something to laugh about. :D