Diadem Forums

[POLL] How Great Is Countryside Diary?

Robbe_881

[POLL] How Great Is Countryside Diary?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How Great Is Countryside Diary?

• 0 (why you hatin'?)

I have formally crowned this song's LYRICS as my MOST favorite T-ara's Lyrics ever! LOL

I just..I don't know, I run out of vocabulary to describe how much I love the lyrics. Like it's the first time ever I feel T-ARA's song have a meaningful lyrics behind it XD

So, give it 9 because of its lyrics. Truly epic. Never thought they would do something like this so frankly. Thumbs up! XD XD XD

The first time I listened to it, I can't deny that I was a bit disappointed 'cause I expected a bit more.. My Oppa says that the song wasn't edited well.. But I've been listening to it since yesterday.. I played it over and over 'till my laptop's battery ran out.. And today, I found out about the lyrics....... And it was so FREAKIN' AWESOME..!!!!! ^^ After I read the lyrics, I sent a text to Oppa immediately saying what the song meant.. I couldn't help it..! 7am and I was laughing in my room all by myself.. This is what I've been waiting for since July 2012..!!! hahaha.. I don't know how I'm gonna express this..... but as Filipinos say it: "HATERS! NGA-NGA!!!!" hahahahahaha.. Infinite Thumbs Up to our Girls.. YOU ROCK!!!

10 points!

i admit that at the first time i heard it it was like a mess.. the beats was some kind of random.. i expected a lot from it since the teasers were so great .. but as i continue to play it.. idk.. i really ended playing it a lot.. as in A LOT XD.. plus the lyrics!!! OMG! i was having my own world, smiling like a fool and keeps wriggling on our bed in the middle of the night while listening to this song :) so yes.. I really really really really love it now :) so gave it a 9.. :)

It could break the Saiyans' scouter meter, but as the highest, 10 it is. I'd give it an 8, or even 9, just for doing something different (sub-unit + new concept). The "upgrade" is due to the audacity of getting in the face of any naysayers :D

I thought there was something "hidden" with the MVs, which was reinforced by seeing the translated lyrics. Whether or not this POV is true, who cares. I personally thought (and wanted) T-ara to do something (okay, ala gangnam style) that just show they don't care with any of the negativity thrown at them. They finally did. In style.

The news didn't overhype about this (possibly) being bigger than GS, but not because of the music or choreo or even the concept. It's the message and the attitude. Likely will overshadow any international event (ala Olympics). :P

PS: would this be a sign T-ara would be returning to Twitter/SNS again?

PS 2: can't wait to see people doing covers of this, probably with slogans showing "wae wae wae", "why You hating", "mind your OWN business". :lol:

The rhythm flows simplistically with good tempo change ups along the way. The balance is very good, which follows the right Hip-Hop patterns throughout the song itself, thus keeping a very good tone to accurately convey the lyrics and intent with the beats. Given the announcement that the song itself is a melding of traditional and new, the result is exactly with what we're hearing. It's not ultra heavy on the bass, nor is it too much on the extra chiming-sound-types. The lightness bridges the traditional nicely with the pulsing hip-hop elements It keeps true to itself in other ways too, which makes it very good enough to be acceptable and enjoyable all at the same time.

The lyrics are good, and I'm sure the members can rap that portion of the song too. So I'm not worried about having someone else rap it. The delivery intent is settling and easy going, which matches well with the rest of the song. There can be remixes that can push it to become either more traditionally, or more hip-hop in nature. I won't be surprised it there are club versions running rampant all over the place, in fact, I expect them. :D But just with this song alone by itself, it good as it says it sounds, which is why I gave it a 10. :)

I am SOOOOO IN LOVE with the song!! It's .....ugh i'm sobbing.

The drama mv is so full of dumb i was like 'OMFG ur face!', i kept on pausing because sometimes the transition was too fast for me to see their 'beautiful' faces.

The original version with the traditional instruments and saxaphone (?) is really interesting, some people might find it messy though.

The lyrics though omg, it's directed towards the haters. Conotated through the drama mv aswell. Just so uugghhhadgkouhb

The vocals are great, not too modulated.

The dance omfg don't even start . THEY LEGIT DID THE LEGIT HARLEM DANCE MOVE and the small b-boy part Omfg i am done

Aside from a fan's prospective, I like the upbeats, catchy moves and the Drama Ver. was real fun to watch while Dance Ver. was better, according to me. If I have to rate it as a neutral person I would give it 8. From a fan's prospective, its obviously 10/10 and the reason is as simple as that but if any, I would add the Lyrics of this Song as Plus point. This song has huge meaning.. With the continuous hate cycle they have experienced/ are experiencing in these 8-9 months as well as continuous cyber-bullying, they must be frustrated as hell for not being able to do anything.. While they could have played fake and chose an easy path, they decided to take this one and showed how is the Real Boss and that Attitude bought me.. All in all, Its 10000000/10. :D

And these are my Fav part of Lyrics:

"No Na Chal Haseyo"... " Why You hating"

9. after reading the translations, i'm loving it a lot more. :D

my only problem with it is that i wished the guest didn't feature so prominently - this applies to both songs.

jiyeon and areum were almost superfluous.

sort of off topic:

awards-wise, i'm not overly concerned - it will be a lovely bonus if they do get somethng but more importantly i hope they will gain some new fans/more love from the neutrals. /ends random blabber

OMO....Am I one of the few QUEEN'S who hate this song???? :wacko: This is something new in this thread since everyone here love it.

I apologize but I seriously hate this song.The beat is so random and the male rap should have been given to either Eunjung or Hyomin.I didn't expect a male voice to come out,lol.And the song itself has more beat than the singing part.I definitely didn't expect this song to come out.The only thing that I can give praise is the lyrics.I love it.It basically tells the haters to you-know-what.It's so direct that one doesn't has to think twice to say that this song is aimed at haters.Though I would really appreciated it if Double Sidekick had said a bit more about their fans who support the girls and not just about the haters.

Even though I don't like this song,I was extremely disappointed that their debut song failed to grab top spots in every chart.In fact,it's only been one day after its release but their ranks dropped tremendously to TOP 20 compared to yesterday which is TOP 10.And their rivals' comebacks are no joke either.It's tough for them to compete especially after the scandal.I hope T-ara as whole,can come back stronger than ever.

OMO....Am I one of the few QUEEN'S who hate this song???? :wacko: This is something new in this thread since everyone here love it.

If you ask me, I think if you truly hated the song you would've voted "0". Since you enjoy the lyrics and acknowledge that it has been only a day after it's release, it's not a total loss, and it can still climb the charts and even grow on you. :) Given how Girls' Generation set the bar pretty high with their comeback at the start of this year, followed by a few rookie groups taking similar approaches, and 4minute's comeback recently, especially with the anticipated comebacks from other artists, naturally it's going to be an interesting Top 10/Top 25 now. I believe T-ara N4 will do very well and reach those Top spots in the weeks to come. After all, we're still in the rebuilding stages, and so far, restructuring is looking good and promising. ^_^

I apologize but I seriously hate this song.The beat is so random and the male rap should have been given to either Eunjung or Hyomin.I didn't expect a male voice to come out,lol.And the song itself has more beat than the singing part.I definitely didn't expect this song to come out.The only thing that I can give praise is the lyrics.I love it.It basically tells the haters to you-know-what.It's so direct that one doesn't has to think twice to say that this song is aimed at haters.Though I would really appreciated it if Double Sidekick had said a bit more about their fans who support the girls and not just about the haters.

Even though I don't like this song,I was extremely disappointed that their debut song failed to grab top spots in every chart.In fact,it's only been one day after its release but their ranks dropped tremendously to TOP 20 compared to yesterday which is TOP 10.And their rivals' comebacks are no joke either.It's tough for them to compete especially after the scandal.I hope T-ara as whole,can come back stronger than ever.

It's ok to not like this song. Just because we are supporters doesn't mean we must deny our own taste and force ourselves to pretend to like every single song in the girls' discography. I myself confess to finding the single thematically jarring too, and I believe it will take quite some time before it grows on me. We can take comfort that is a sub-unit's song and if the sub-unit of other KPOP groups are yardsticks to go by, always a bit different from the collective efforts of the full group.

I'll still be getting the album and hoping that the other songs in it suit my taste better.

When I initially heard the song for the first time, I hated it. The song sounded messy and I didn't like that they featured another artist on the song so predominantly when this should have been their sole introduction as T-ARA N4 (Areum even had less lines than the featured artist). The quality of the song is not up to par in comparison to their music as just T-ARA. The instrumental tends to overpower the singing in some parts and I think that the overall structure in this song could have been improved to make it better. While I feel like the song itself is unique, I got "I Got a Boy" vibes from the styling and the disjointed structure of the song and "we want this to go viral like Psy's songs" vibes as far as what they were trying to accomplish. I personally hope that this type of song is just a one time thing if they decide to release music as sub-unit again in the future. Despite these things, the song has grown on me as I think it's a fun track and I like the message in the song and the fact that they are using it as a platform to address how they've felt about the backlash they've been getting because of the scandal last year. This song and their performance stands out amongst other artists' comebacks at this time and it's a great song to let loose to and just have a good time (which is how I view it and what I believe is part of the intent of the song based on the lyrics). Overall, I hope that it performs well on the chart and I'll certainly be rooting for them as they perform this song on music shows.

When I initially heard the song for the first time, I hated it. The song sounded messy and I didn't like that they featured another artist on the song so predominantly when this should have been their sole introduction as T-ARA N4 (Areum even had less lines than the featured artist). The quality of the song is not up to par in comparison to their music as just T-ARA. The instrumental tends to overpower the singing in some parts and I think that the overall structure in this song could have been improved to make it better. While I feel like the song itself is unique, I got "I Got a Boy" vibes from the styling and the disjointed structure of the song and "we want this to go viral like Psy's songs" vibes as far as what they were trying to accomplish. I personally hope that this type of song is just a one time thing if they decide to release music as sub-unit again in the future. Despite these things, the song has grown on me as I think it's a fun track and I like the message in the song and the fact that they are using it as a platform to address how they've felt about the backlash they've been getting because of the scandal last year. This song and their performance stands out amongst other artists' comebacks at this time and it's a great song to let loose to and just have a good time (which is how I view it and what I believe is part of the intent of the song based on the lyrics). Overall, I hope that it performs well on the chart and I'll certainly be rooting for them as they perform this song on music shows.

You just said what I need to say.I also don't like it how Taewoon got more lines than Areum and that makes me view her as unnecessary addition to the sub unit.In fact,Eunjung got fewer lines than Jiyeon,I believe.The lines distribution is unfair.Although I don't like this song,but I still think the song sounds nicer when they sing it live.It's more energetic and lively.The music video on the other hand was great but I believe Day By Day and Sexy Love Drama MV was better.Maybe it's because I prefer sci-fi theme more.Perhaps the "Psy" hype from the director of Gangnam Style MV was too much that I expected more than that.

And yes,I agree.Their performance shines the brightest compared to others.One of the reasons is probably because they are a lot of backup dancers on stages,strong beats and the fanchants is no joke too.In a nutshell,although I still don't like the song,I'll be rooting for them till the end. :) One a side note,I can't wait for the three oldest members of the groups to debut in Japan as another sub unit.But I'm pretty positive that it'll be cutesy concept which I don't really fond of. :mellow:

I can sympathize about the amount of lines, but I don't think it would be a good point of contention to say that it's enough that the song is failure when actually, it's doing very well on the charts now. Sure, there are fans, even myself, who would like to hear the girls rap those lines. Whose to say that Taewoon is going to stick to T-ara N4 all the time though? There's also a possibility that a stage performance could enable the members to fully cover that part on their own, at some point, no?