Diadem Forums

[POLL] How Great Is Countryside Diary?

Robbe_881

[POLL] How Great Is Countryside Diary?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How Great Is Countryside Diary?

• 0 (why you hatin'?)

Well, for me it's totally a 10. I love the fact that it has a hip hop style, the dance is amazing and the best are the lyrics, of course. Whenever a song has a true and deep meaning, it's meant to be one of my top songs. It's freaking addictive too, I can't stop listening the song, singing a lot with it and dancing. T-ara is showing again how amazing, brave and mature they are with the promotions of this song. I don't know, the song has so much meaning and for me, as a queen, this song is one of those things I'm always gonna remember with a smile in my face.

Rather forgettable. And contrary to CCM's media crap, it certainly is not the 'next Gangnam style' as it boasted and never will be.

As others have said, the male rapping was rather quite unnecessary and the song feels like a more legit version of SNSD's IGAB (which isn't really saying much at all).

What bites me off the most is that T-ara tried to make themselves look legit with this 'hip-hop' concept. Please. Mixing K-pop and hip-hop is NOT something you can just casually pull off and the only idols I can think of who are actually worth considered as legit in combining the two are BAP and Block-B.

Call me an elitist, but K-pop doesn't need to have idol groups doing this 'hip hop concept' when most idols' rapping ability is at best average and at worst horrendous - not to mention the K-hiphop industry itself thrives pretty well with a strong fanbase of its own (and are much more well-respected as real artists). Tiger JK, Drunken Tiger, Dynamic Duo, Supreme Team, Leessang, Huckleberry P, Epik High and Outsider come into mind. An idol group doing it without much real credible skill/experience comes off as awfully wannabe-ish.

The fact that the song had way too many one-liners didn't do it for me either + overly processed vocals, something the group has been doing for years and gives some indication that they hadn't really improved in vocal ability since. In fact, it had more 'chanting' than singing actually.

I give it a 3/10. The only props I can give is the choreography and the lyrics (and even then, I've a mixed perception with the lyrics there) + that it's a slightly bit more improved version of the female idol hip-hop concept that many other groups have done (admittedly).

The more I listen to the song, and knowing genres still mixing it up these days, K-Pop definitely not excluded, I think they made another enduring and memorable, especially enjoyable song. :D Anyone with common sense knows K-Hiphop is already part of K-Pop regardless, like going all the way back in the 1990s over there, not to mention having rap and hip-hop artists do collaborations with other artists, like Simon D. and Ailee together on a track. Because saying that the rap and hip-hop artists on these types of songs makes it irrelevant, is actually insulting those very artists for being more united as musical artists in the same country and job career. K-Pop includes artists from other countries, making it more internationally diverse, and culturally acceptable. Given how influential rap and hip-hop are, it's good that other artists include such skills and abilities too, thus creating those multi-talented artists, like T-ara. Because any rap artists will still say, that's rap when hearing someone's rap, or a hip-hop artist saying that's a beat when hearing the beat. T-ara-N4's song covers a lot of good aspects, not just the traditional and hip-hop, like giving this positive vibe for those having a difficult time and allowing that opportunity to create redemption and owning up to your actions and take responsibility for those past mistakes, thus leading to more understanding and better times ahead in life. :)

10 for the lyrics, 10 for the MV (both drama and dance), probably 8 or 9 for the song because Roly Poly still ranks first in many Queen's hearts! But overall 10 because the lyrics is pretty much the main point of the whole N4 comeback, and because there wasn't any comeback after the controversies and what not. Love it to bits! :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

For me it's 10 out of 10. I needed to hear it for a couple of times before being addicted to it. The music its self is very amazing, hyomin's first part is cool, eunjung's part is cheering, areum's part is touching, jiyeon's parts are blended very well into the music and the male rapper part really make me wanna dance. The whole arrangement is entertaining. Thanks to double-kick

OMO....Am I one of the few QUEEN'S who hate this song???? :wacko: This is something new in this thread since everyone here love it.

I apologize but I seriously hate this song.The beat is so random and the male rap should have been given to either Eunjung or Hyomin.I didn't expect a male voice to come out,lol.And the song itself has more beat than the singing part.I definitely didn't expect this song to come out.The only thing that I can give praise is the lyrics.I love it.It basically tells the haters to you-know-what.It's so direct that one doesn't has to think twice to say that this song is aimed at haters.Though I would really appreciated it if Double Sidekick had said a bit more about their fans who support the girls and not just about the haters.

Even though I don't like this song,I was extremely disappointed that their debut song failed to grab top spots in every chart.In fact,it's only been one day after its release but their ranks dropped tremendously to TOP 20 compared to yesterday which is TOP 10.And their rivals' comebacks are no joke either.It's tough for them to compete especially after the scandal.I hope T-ara as whole,can come back stronger than ever.

I agree with you. The beat sounds so random. It's completely different from the songs of the previous albums.