Diadem Forums

[13.04.30] T-ara's "Rural Life" reaches 1 million views and it's composer explains the lyrics

nathaniel

[13.04.30] T-ara's "Rural Life" reaches 1 million views and it's composer explains the lyrics

201304301203231310_1.jpg

T-ara N4's "Rural Life" has reached over 1 million viewers.

Despite being released yesterday, T-ara N4's "Rural Life" has reached nearly 1 million hits on combined sites like YouTube, etc.

There was a large amount of interest before the release because of Double Sidekick and the other famous cast members in the music video including Choi Bulam, Kim Soomi, Kim Wansun, Heo Gyeonyoung, Yang Junhyeok, Jeon Guntaek and Kang Minkyung.

The song has created so much attention throughout various major video sites that it's already reached 10 million views in only one day with the combined versions of the dance and drama. The reaction with overseas fans has also been more than expected.

Controversy rose over T-ara's lyrics and the "To the Rural Life" section. Double Sidekick explained what "To the Rural Life" means.

It means to escape the day-to-day life in the city to the "Rural Life" in reference to the MBC drama. The drama "Rural Life" is symbolic with family, friends and happy emotions.

The "To the Rural Life" is referring to the drama and is aimed towards older generations .

Meanwhile, T-ara N4 has been topping real-time charts since their song release.

Source: http://m.media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?newsid=20130430121906593

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Guest rokwitu

10 mil or 1 mil? I've just received the news with the title "Rural life reaches 10 million views" but now they give me "1 million views", so confused :blink:

Let the viewing count continue to increase. ^_^ Shall we start guessing how long it will take to reach certain viewing quotas? :D How long till 20 million, 50 million, 100 million?

As for the meaning about the lyrics, the symbolism is the icing on this official cake. ^_^ Mmmm, tasty sweet.

Let the viewing count continue to increase. ^_^ Shall we start guessing how long it will take to reach certain viewing quotas? :D How long till 20 million, 50 million, 100 million?

As for the meaning about the lyrics, the symbolism is the icing on this official cake. ^_^ Mmmm, tasty sweet.

Haha, They wont reach such high Emperor but I would like to see them do that ofc. :)

As for the Lyrics, Man I respect Tara more now and "No Na Chal Haseyo" and " Why you Hating" is F@reaking Awesome..

Sigh,it such a pity that they haven't grab the first place in every chart T_T. Nevermind girls,even though I'm not really fond of that song,but I'll still give my 100 percent support to you.

I think T-ara is Top in three sites like SariBada, Daum and Bugs. They are doing more than fine :) . As for the song, I feel you there but like you stated, gotta support our girls till the every end no matter what and we will do that :D

Meh haters are going to hate, what can you do, I personally like the song and I am happy to see it do so well, though I hope I can get my hands on the lyrics eventually, even though i know I'm going to be a bit let down, though I've come to accept this from Kpop by now so it won't matter much.

Scratch the last part the lyrics are awesome.

Haha, They wont reach such high Emperor but I would like to see them do that ofc. :)

As for the Lyrics, Man I respect Tara more now and "No Na Chal Haseyo" and " Why you Hating" is F@reaking Awesome..

If I were to combine all of the youtube versions views of the music videos, I believe it could reach that high, seeing similar fan uploads of other music videos, like for example, Leon Entertainment Channel plus the Core Contents Media Channel, then add all of the other fan videos that are similar. I even recall reading an internet article stating that Girls' Generation's youtube videos accumulated way more that any other artists on youtube a couple of years ago. Something like 1.18+ billion views. And to think, that's just 1 K-Pop group, and then to include the other K-Pop artists, yes a whole lot of K-Pop music video views together, things are getting better for the genre. ^_^ I think it's great to have fans uploading the music video, because it helps to acknowledge and spread the T-ara support more. :) Now, if only Japan can keep their music videos up on youtube, especially the ones with K-Pop artists. Maybe they should have more musical collaborations between the 2 countries, so the videos will stay up longer.

Yes, the lyrics follows through with one of pinnacle themes in Hip-Hop, . . . "Knowing when to never back down." :D

Personally, I am REALLY glad that T-ara decided to make a such a powerful and 'vindictive' comeback,

no bullsh*t, tear-jerking ballads which begs for peoples acceptance and forgiveness.

It has already been close to a year since that controversy and for those who are still butthurt over it can literally go f**k themselves.

I am proud that T-ara decided to take this stand and hope they will set the roof on fire for their comeback stages!

If I were to combine all of the youtube versions views of the music videos, I believe it could reach that high, seeing similar fan uploads of other music videos, like for example, Leon Entertainment Channel plus the Core Contents Media Channel, then add all of the other fan videos that are similar. I even recall reading an internet article stating that Girls' Generation's youtube videos accumulated way more that any other artists on youtube a couple of years ago. Something like 1.18+ billion views. And to think, that's just 1 K-Pop group, and then to include the other K-Pop artists, yes a whole lot of K-Pop music video views together, things are getting better for the genre. ^_^ I think it's great to have fans uploading the music video, because it helps to acknowledge and spread the T-ara support more. :) Now, if only Japan can keep their music videos up on youtube, especially the ones with K-Pop artists. Maybe they should have more musical collaborations between the 2 countries, so the videos will stay up longer.

Yes, the lyrics follows through with one of pinnacle themes in Hip-Hop, . . . "Knowing when to never back down." :D

So basically you were talking about the multiple uploads of same video(in this case two Videos) by different sources as well as individuals then I can see it coming real soon. I was particularly talking about the official release by Leon only. To be more precised, I was referring to the counts on that particular video only but you got a good point there, be it same or from different source, no on can deny that those Videos were viewed and liked regardless of it being uploaded by different persons/source and at the end of the day, Its T-ara so its DONE!!

I was so proud of this Lyrics that I went to all news and gossip sites and bragged it BIG TIME. T-ara had finally done it!! :D

is there anyway I can support the korean charts???

Just think that they deserve more, then they receive...

Here is a couple of ways that you can support them:

• If you buy from Yesasia (like advertised in the front page) its counted by GAON charts, i think iTunes also gets counted..
  • You can also support them by watching the MVs repeatedly on official Youtube channels like LOEN and COREMIDAS (don't forget to "like," leave positive comments and thumb down the haters).
  • When the live performance clips from the music shows come out, you can also do the same thing (make sure to go for the Official Music Bank, Music Core, Inkigayo etc. youtube channels)
  • You can also google 'MNET Countdown vote' and vote for them there every Friday to Monday. (One vote per user account per day~but you can have up to 10 accounts voting per day per PC ~wink-wink-nudge-nudge~)

There is also the GomTV chart (google 'gomtv chart') where non users can still vote and play (if you have gomtv player installed) their fav songs, but so far I haven't seen Rural Life in GomTV..

PS: The title said 1 Million (which is plausible) but why does the text say 10 million?

So basically you were talking about the multiple uploads of same video(in this case two Videos) by different sources as well as individuals then I can see it coming real soon. I was particularly talking about the official release by Leon only. To be more precised, I was referring to the counts on that particular video only but you got a good point there, be it same or from different source, no on can deny that those Videos were viewed and liked regardless of it being uploaded by different persons/source and at the end of the day, Its T-ara so its DONE!!

I was so proud of this Lyrics that I went to all news and gossip sites and bragged it BIG TIME. T-ara had finally done it!! :D

Yes, so the whole entire issue with the 10 million is probably from a resulting calculation of various video sites all over the world, just based on just these 2 videos, plus the audio ones and various language subtitles, alone. After adding up the views on the first 2 pages of the youtube search, already yielded nearly 700,000 views. Now add the views from other online video sites, and it definitely feels like it reached that amount already. ^_^

Yes, so very proud of them, and very thankful to everybody who helped create such an delightful comeback music video and song. ^_^