Diadem Forums

[POLL] Are there Queen's in Korea?

Ahnu

Are there Queen's in Korea??  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Are there Queen's in Korea?

• Yes!!
    • some... but they're scared and in hiding.
    • No...
    • I don't know...

I know this is a sensitive topic, but I was curious and hope that we could have a good and mature discussion on this matter.

Are there Queen's in Korea? And if so, where are they?

Conversation start itself! Go!

Okay, fine. I'll start somewhere. So as I was monitoring the commentating on the youtube videos of the newly released subunit group of N4, (yes I know, how brave of me, lol) I noticed that there was a lot of love from their international fans. I saw tons of viet-queen's, thai-queen's, american-queen's (<--- we need to come up with a catchy name), the occasional sweet treasures, and others that I forget to mention.

However, when I see a korean commentator i always get nervous for the likelihood of them being an anti. And it sucks for me because I don't know what they're saying. yeah i can google translate it, but that can only do so much. And most of the time, they are...

So, where are they? I worry for our girls fighting alone on the war-front, and that being at their home country of South Korea.

I know I shouldn't take it to heart and that anti's only make a small percentage, but I worry for our girls' safety and mental health.

How long is this public ostracizing gonna last? And is there anything we can do as international fans to appeal to the Korean mass, since we can't go there and like parade around in T-ara-ness?

Or is it that all we can do is put our faith and trust in our girls and hope for the best?

Until then, I'll stay positive! but just expressing my worries here...

What do you guys think?

I would say "YES" for some brave sister and brother Queen's out there, but and then many are hiding...

But I do believe that once they hear T-ARA and T-ARA N4 once again and think it through... they will

get out of the cave and be brave and stand for what they believe...!!!

And for those guys we lost during this incident I wish them all luck, and may them rest in peace in the other world and find somebody else, but I DON'T believe there's anybody as good, kind, nice, beautiful,gorgeous, sexy, cute, adorable, funny, straightforward, cameleon...etc. as
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 T-ARA <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I want to answer a few at first but I thought the word "a few" may seems a bit unsuitable.Therefore,I voted for yes.Like you,I'm worried as hell too. Starting from July 2012 until today,it's certainly not their years.They have been facing a lot obstacles,ups and downs,highs and lows,thick ans thin to be what they are today.While T-ara is doing relatively well in charts,it's nothing compared to their previous singles but that's foreseeable though.

I'm not sure if you have ever visit NetizenBuzz before but as one of the regular reader of that site and being a fan of T-ara,it definitely hurts me to read all those harsh,malicious and rude comments from both K-netizens and I-netizens.It's been almost 1 year since the scandal erupted but the reactions from the netizens do not change at all.However,I do realize that the comments don't represent the entire Korea.

But it can't be rebut that T-ara's image and popularity has been tarnished greatly.And it certainly didn't help either that this one composer talk bad about the lyrics :angry: Although it didn't say about T-ara but indirectly,it did.Although I absolutely love the lyrics,I wish Double Sidekick had mentioned a bit more about their fans who support them Day By Day.

TL;DR ?

Of course yes.The people who bought Sexy Love are still Koreans and the single did quite well compared to other groups though.Those netizens are just keyboard warriors who are a bunch of nobodies :)

Sorry to say, I find this topic not that good a discussion point (disturbing/insulting).

If our point of reference is the (distant) scandal as well as how haters still view T-ara, then it seems to suggest that K-Queen's (or however you want them to be termed as) are either non-existent or a meek minority.

I don't want to elaborate on T-ara K-fans support, but if they are non-existent, then I don't think T-ara would even try to do a comeback (Sexy Love, Jeon-won Diary).

Likewise, we could also make a poll out of Queen's from individual countries and weigh each in turn, as a lot of 'international' lapped up and joined in the bashing/hating.

Honestly, Queen's are divided on any number of topics relating to T-ara (Hwayoung's departure/termination, N4 sub-unit, ETC), a poll like this is a repeat of what happened to T-ara, ostracizing people. And to give K-fans credit, some of the best photos available came from them (e.g. Dots).

PS: I know a few Queen's/Diadem from SK. And with that, my answer is a resounding YES!!

Sorry to say, I find this topic not that good a discussion point (disturbing/insulting).

If our point of reference is the (distant) scandal as well as how haters still view T-ara, then it seems to suggest that K-Queen's (or however you want them to be termed as) are either non-existent or a meek minority.

I don't want to elaborate on T-ara K-fans support, but if they are non-existent, then I don't think T-ara would even try to do a comeback (Sexy Love, Jeon-won Diary).

Likewise, we could also make a poll out of Queen's from individual countries and weigh each in turn, as a lot of 'international' lapped up and joined in the bashing/hating.

Honestly, Queen's are divided on any number of topics relating to T-ara (Hwayoung's departure/termination, N4 sub-unit, ETC), a poll like this is a repeat of what happened to T-ara, ostracizing people. And to give K-fans credit, some of the best photos available came from them (e.g. Dots).

PS: I know a few Queen's/Diadem from SK. And with that, my answer is a resounding YES!!

ahh, i'm sorry. it wasn't meant to be insulting. that was not in my intention at all. I had a moment of weakness!!! >.< and this was my first discussion topic that i ever posted so i apologize if it was... well. bad.

is there a way i could improve this discussion post or should i just delete it. =(

There are definitely a lot of Queen's in Korea, I wouldn't even question that. How else did they obtain their initial success and popularity (excluding general public appeal)? You definitely won't find a lot of them in a place like Youtube though (it's not their initial choice of video sharing sites.) If you're familiar with the Korean language and Korean sites, I would instead suggest doing a search amongst them.

Though odd to question, I don't see how this thread is an ostracization of others, Regius. It's clearly not the intent of this thread. I believe what she wants to understand is why isn't T-ara's support as visible as the hatred against them. For which I can say this, the bad will often overshadow the good. We may not see it, but it is definitely there. (From my observation, those who don't care to start drama are not as vocal as those who constantly spew hate.)

It is well know how notorious K-netizens are. Honestly though, their comments almost never bother me. I often laugh at their passionate hated lol.

Netizens aside, T-ara's rep took quite a hit thanks to the scandal, why even the general public support may have faltered a bit. Things are certainly not the same and truthfully there's nothing international Queen's can do to change the Korean mass' feelings.

We, fans from all over, just really need to keep doing what we've always been doing, which is to support and love our girls.

Perhaps in due time, we can look forward to better days.

is there a way i could improve this discussion post or should i just delete it. =(

I can understand yours and other people's concerns about this aspect in the fandom. It's been released very recently now. Give it some time at least before jumping to any conclusions. It's okay to ask, though the timing is rather premature, if you ask me.

Though odd to question, I don't see how this thread is and ostracization of others, Regius. It's clearly not the intent of this thread. I believe what she wants to understand is why isn't T-ara's support as visible as the hatred against them. For which I can say this, the bad will often overshadow the good. We may not see it, but it is definitely there. (From my observation, those who don't care to start drama are not as vocal as those who constantly spew hate.)

It is well know how notorious K-netizens are. Honestly though, their comments almost never bother me. I often laugh at their passionate hated lol.

Netizens aside, T-ara's rep took quite a hit thanks to the scandal, why even the general public support may have faltered a bit. Things are certainly not the same and truthfully there's nothing international Queen's can do to change the Korean mass' feelings.

We, fans from all over, just really need to keep doing what we've always been doing, which is to support and love our girls.

Perhaps in due time, we can look forward to better days.

Granted that there's antis still waging a civil war with the fandom, and the antis are still losing badly, especially to the lyrics to this song alone. :D I believe the fandom is still occupied fighting the antis, which is taking up their time to voice their immediate support. In addition to the comebacks of other artists, which also takes some more time to do a comparison to our T-ara N4, will slow down the need to express support A.S.A.P. Not too long ago, Secret just released their comeback, and the media/talk shows are not holding back to begin the dissection, pathological analysis, applied methodologies, and the after effects of each active artist now. The summer has already begun, so naturally, things are going to be quite interesting in the Top spots from here on end of this year. :)

I don't agree with the international fans being unable to expand understanding within the fandom back in South Korea, given how I, and a few others, were able to successfully diminish the hatred to a few fans back there, not to mention the amount of support from the international community who supported and still support the fans still fighting the good fight over there, during the start of this civil war, and entering the restructuring phase now, where former antis are returning to being fans again gradually. :)

I agree, it'll take some time, but it sounds about right, especially for a sub-unit size now, and the continuation of fan support all over the world, including T-ara's dearly beloved home of South Korea. :) I believe things will get better from now on.

How do i delete this thread? I realized that although through this discussion it did give me a peace of mind, I think it'd plant more seeds of doubt than do good. Again, I apologize I had a moment of weakness. Listening to the song again, I have complete trust and faith in these girls and us as a fandom! so... how do i delete this?? lol! XD

We should just be SPAZZING on how good it is~

And if other people don't see it, so be it. They'll eventually come around cause our girls are so loveable~ <3 <3 <3

How do i delete this thread? I realized that although through this discussion it did give me a peace of mind, I think it'd plant more seeds of doubt than do good. Again, I apologize I had a moment of weakness. Listening to the song again, I have complete trust and faith in these girls and us as a fandom! so... how do i delete this?? lol! XD

We should just be SPAZZING on how good it is~

And if other people don't see it, so be it. They'll eventually come around cause our girls are so loveable~ <3 <3 <3

I would recommend you to keep it as it is. Fandom isnt always flowers and rainbows. There are ups and downs in all fandom, let alone in Queen's. What you asked is pretty rational and something that should be of high priority and concern. Though out come of any discussion/comment highly depends upon the personal prospective of any persona and how he/she viewed it but in my opinion, I dont find anything offensive with your post/discussion at all. To be honest, I, myself am planning to post a discussion similar to this and somewhat sensitive as well. We learn our ways by sharing and understanding each-other views and I highly agree with you that being an international Queen's, it may be possible for you to have doubt on number of K-Queen's but like many other users and ADMIN said so yeah.. I applause you for showing courage to posting such sensitive topic here which I couldnt, lol. If anything, you posted it at the wrong time but still I would recommend you to leave it as it is.

I would have to say yes. T-ARA still ranks high in the charts and I don't believe that is just from international fans. Thy also have pretty good fanchants during their performances too!

But, we will never know how large T-ARAs K-Fandom is until we witness it ourselves; not online. Same thing goes for their anti-fandom.