Diadem Forums

[13.05.02] T-ara N4 to release album offline on May 3rd.. but only 40,000 limited copies

nathaniel

[13.05.02] T-ara N4 to release album offline on May 3rd.. but only 40,000 limited copies

20130502112007402.jpg

T-ara N4's album "Rural Life" will be released in limited quality: 40,000 units only.

T-ara N4 (Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon, Areum) will have a limited production of 40,000 copies of their debut album "Rural Life" which includes 100 autographed albums by each member (400 combined) according to Core Contents Media.

The limited production of 40,000 copies has attracted attention because on average, T-ara will usually sell 70,000 - 100,000 copies of their album, including overseas sales.

In addition, T-ara will be giving out 400 free handwritten autographed albums to 400 people who post certification shots of them buying the album. 400 people who do this either via posting on Core Contents Media's official cafe or mentioning Core Contents Media's official Twitter will be rewarded with the prize.

T-ara N4's album "Rural Life" includes a crossover genre combining electronic with traditional music. Along with "Rural Life", "Can We Love" which features Double Sidekick is also on the album. Both of the songs were written and produced by Double Sidekick. The album consists of five tracks.

The five-track mini album will be available for offline sales beginning on May 3rd.

Meanwhile, T-ara N4 will have their comeback today on Mnet's "M!Countdown" and later KBS2 "Music Bank", MBC "Music Core" and SBS "Inkigayo".

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20130502n11863

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Gah I'm bursting with questions!

Wae wae wae wae :P

what is the benefit of this?

I wonder when the closing date to send in the proof shots is. I pre-ordered it from YesAsia using the free standard shipping so it probably won't get here for a couple of weeks T_T

i wonder if the invoice from an email works...thats certification isn't it?

hopefully international fans get a chance to win

i'll take a proof shot with my face, invoice, and with the copy whenever that arrives...must win! or try....

Wow just preordered from Yesasia this morning, hope they will still have the mini in stock. I guess CCM is pushing for people to buy this online, but then that only leaves iTunes for me (does it even count in GAON charts?). We got a localized MelOn here but the selection is pretty limited.

@nath Probably good to provide guidelines for this, like proof (possibly a screenshot of the order details from an online shop, e.g YesAsia) or say, steps in posting in CCM's site (I don't think many can read/understand Hangul). And mentioning CCM's Twitter via Twitter only or other sites are applicable as well (e.g. Facebook).

i'm a bit confused when I read about the limited quantity from other sites. they say that you take a photo of the autographed copy for an addition prize? so is the autographed albums randomly mixed with the 40k or do we have to buy a regular copy and then hope for a chance to win an autographed album?

• 1 month later...

Apparently it was ranked number #5 on the Gaon Monthly chart with 26,080 copies sold. To put it in perspective, the last girl group with comparable sales this year (as far as I know) was 4Minute's "Name is 4Minute" with 10,847 copies sold last month (and not counting Girls Generation - "2011 Girls' Generation Tour" with 21,607). Most other girl groups don't reach 10,000 sold the first month.

So a decline, but definitely a hit, no matter how you look at it, or what you compare it to, unless you think only SNSD level sales qualify as a "hit".