Diadem Forums

[13.05.06] T-ara N4, "As public figures, we are sorry for everything we caused"

nathaniel

[13.05.06] T-ara N4, "As public figures, we are sorry for everything we caused"

20130506_1367834194_73627300_1.jpg

Girl group T-ara finally talks about the rumors they have been involved with ever since their debut. They also for the first time explain what happened with the controversial bullying scandal last year, where Hwayoung left the group.

On May 6th's episode of Mnet "Beatles Code", T-ara N4 appeared. T-ara N4 is T-ara's sub-unit consisting of Eunjung, Hyomin, Jiyeon and Areum, and on this day, they talked candidly about the bullying scandal.

Hyomin began by saying, "There are rumors about me being an iljin back in high school. It all began because I played around with those kids in my neighborhood and was friends with some of them.. but it wasn't anything more than that." She continued to say as she began to cry, "There were also rumors that I had assaulted friends and forced people to transfer. I have never hit anyone. If I did hit someone, I would hope the victim comes forward.. but it is untrue."

When asked about why she transferred schools, she responded by saying, "My mom decided it for me, that I would transfer into a higher academic school. I never assaulted or hated on anybody. I never talked about this before because I didn't want anyone to make fun of my friends because of what I've said."

T-ara N4 members admit that in July of 2012, there was a fallout between the members and Hwayoung that escalated after the SNS postings on Twitter. But unlike what people claim, Eunjung explained it was not bullying. She said, I understand why people would believe it was bullying by what had been published online, but I have my own bullying theories as well."

She continued, "Between the two days that the case happened, it is true that we got into a quarrel with Hwayoung. However, we were thoughtless and behaved wrongly by posting it publicly over Twitter."

"Posting it alone on Twitter was wrong by itself," she admitted. "As more time went on, rumors kept growing and we became more misunderstood. Even we looked had thought 'Are we really bullies' because of the way the Internet made it out to be. I always took pride in living my life with no shame, but afterwards I felt like I had became a horrible person."

Eunjung commented on the fact that T-ara's article receive a lot of malicious comments online by saying, "Our comments get a lot and a lot of malicious comments. At first, I was curious, so I would read them, but I would get overwhelmed and had to stop reading soon."

Hyomin said, "The most malicious comment I read online was after Soyeon unnie got into a traffic accident, and I read 'She should've just died' in an article comment. They even said the car accident was manipulated. The car accident was so severe that Soyeon was thrown out of the car."

T-ara spoke about their controversial KBS2 "Music Bank" performance. Hyomin said, "The 'Music Bank' schedule was right after the fallout we had in Japan. It was a really awkward moment. We shared a long conversation with Hwayoung for about 40 minutes before the camera rehearsal."

Hyomin recalls, "I said 'We've dreamed so long for this moment to be on this stage, so why are we arguing with eachother?' and then we apologized to her for what we did over Twitter. At the end, we were smiling and we finished our talk nicely and regretful of what happened."

But the bullying controversy already spread across the Internet. After the camera rehearsal, Hyomin said, "After the camera rehearsal, we came back and it was everywhere on the Internet. 15 minutes before the live broadcast, the boss called and told Hwayoung not to go on stage at 'Music Bank'."

But it was too late, because the feud between T-ara and Hwayoung spread online in just hours, and the agency's CEO had to make a decision for the group's unity. Hwayoung took part in rehearsals only, and didn't show on broadcast. After this, it was revealed Hwayoung would no longer be a member of T-ara.

Hyomin and Eunjung said, "After the incident, we had to make appearances still. But we were not given permission to talk about the situation. We were so frustrated and it reappeared in our dreams. We just wanted to say two things, "Sorry" and 'We'll work harder.'"

They continued to say, "If we tried to clarify our points, the case would become bigger. We really wanted to reveal the truth, but it was frustrating. We wanted to say what was true, and clarify what was wrong and promise to take time to reflect.. but to the public, we were just immature kids who didn't do anything and had no reflections."

Jiyeon said, reflecting and saying she felt bad for Hwayoung, "Because T-ara members had already been working together for three years, we understood how she might have had trouble fitting in. I understand how she had troubles adapting to T-ara."

The members said, "If we really hated Hwayoung, we would probably not care enough to make such a big deal and quarrel. We are regretful because Hwayoung must have been upset and lonely." Crying, they said, "As public figures, we are sorry for everything we caused."

T-ara N4 addressed all the rumors, including the iljin school day rumors and not greeting their senior singers. T-ara was 100% candid on this day.

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20130506n31837

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

Hwayoung can still rejoin T-ara. ^_^ Hyomin, Eunjung, Jiyeon, and Areum, and I'm very sure Soyeon, Boram, Qri, and Dani, miss her dearly. :wub:

So proud of Hyomin, Eunjung, Jiyeon, and Areum. :wub: I'm sure it must've been difficult on Areum too, seeing, hearing, and experiencing such internal hardships.

At least there are some antis accepting this, and actually returning to the fandom by dropping the whole foolish, idiotic anti-thinking. ^_^

Well although this is more than I expected truth be told this still doesn't adress the idiotic manner in witch KKS handled the whole incident or why Hwayoung was fired in the first place. But meh I guess I'll settle for this much because it's highly unlikely we will get more than this.

Atleast they touched on Hyomins supposed Iljin past as well witch was nice of them.

damn.. i want to watch the subbed video :( im sure they've went lots of miseries and nightmares but logically, these explanations would settle the hatred of the haters and encourage them to come back as queens and kings :) be strong t-ara!

Hwayoung please come forward and defend T-ara. Don't be spiteful.

Now now, let's not go that far. I honestly don't think that Hwayoung are still upset at the members as the issue was merely made up by the media (on top of KKS stupid acts). Also since Hwayoung is no longer affiliate with T-Ara (currently), she has no obligation to speak out or anything, not to mention that the talk shows would have to invite her first in order for her side of the story to be broadcast.

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm glad T-Ara members (at least most of them) finally got the chance to clarify their side of the story.

The girls are brave enough to talk about this openly and have done all they could.

From the beginning of issue, Soyeon has talked about it, apology letter and now the clarification.

So it's up to the ppl to decide, there will always be people who believe in what they tot happened.

But no matter what those people think, those hurting comments or rumours should stop.

They have no rights to hurt ppl just by posting those words typed casually on their keyboard.

Thinking of it, they are the ones who blew up the matter and caused Hwayoung to leave the group.

If not, this wouldnt have happened, especially since they have already resolved that argument.

haaayyyy..!!! i feel so sad while reading this article. CCM ruins them and keeps on ruining them. :( i hope t-ara will stay strong for the fans who still believes in them. and for hwayoung, i hope she's doing well right now. i miss her. :((

SPEeCHLESS ... T-ara fighting! you don't need to be sorry anymore, you had enough of the hurtful judgement by the hatizens... ugghh..I almost cried reading on the part of "Sso in car accident" .. How could anyone wished someone to die? Is he/she a God? how evil!

But for me, Hwayoung shouldn't rejoin T-ara coz another issue will just come out, T-ara 7 is fine now, all they need is to regain what they have lost esp in Korea... Hwa is fine now, in fact she's doing well.... I just hope that they'll be friends with T-ara.... and prove that BULLYING ISSUE is FALSE.

omo... My heart hurts whenever I see tears on HYomin... please don't cry ... T-ara deserves LOVE and not HATE :) FIGHTING T-ara....

While being celebrities they chose to post their personal agendas on twitter which I believe was their mistake and for which they should be flaked but the so-called bullying and the manipulated evidences were ridiculous.. Since, they have touched each and everything about the scandal, I believe it should be more than enough for fans to be contended who has somewhat itching about that scandal.. Also, they came out and said "why you hating" to haters so I believe this confession was more or less for fans or general people like "You didnt follow wrong peoples, we never didnt anything wrong".. Glad that they apologized for that twit which was their mistake... My respect for them increased x100000000000000 XD!!

Well although this is more than I expected truth be told this still doesn't adress the idiotic manner in witch KKS handled the whole incident or why Hwayoung was fired in the first place.

Despite being silent and waiting back then, while trying to reorganize and sort out internal matters, I don't think Kim Kwang Soo can be blamed given how it involved staff members, not just the artists. Officially, it is because of 19 of those staff members that convinced Kim Kwang Soo to find that breach in her contract, but he still made it possible for her to rejoin T-ara. He's already explained and apologized twice, in an interview and in a written letter.

Now now, let's not go that far. I honestly don't think that Hwayoung are still upset at the members as the issue was merely made up by the media (on top of KKS stupid acts). Also since Hwayoung is no longer affiliate with T-Ara (currently), she has no obligation to speak out or anything, not to mention that the talk shows would have to invite her first in order for her side of the story to be broadcast.

I find it quite interesting how well Hwayoung kept silent too, and continues to do so. If she truly hated the members and the company, I believe she would've said something already. Since she didn't, that already proved enough that she's still part of their family. :)

Hwayoung shouldn't rejoin T-ara coz another issue will just come out, T-ara 7 is fine now, all they need is to regain what they have lost esp in Korea...

T-ara issues has been popping up ever since Jiae and Jiwon left, and given how antis still carry on such issues, it won't be a good issue point that will prevent her from rejoining the group. Therefore, she can, and it will do all of them, including the fandom, a whole lot of good. It will prove a greater part that was lost, regained when she reunites with T-ara, especially when most of the antis were rallying under Hwayoung from the beginning. From which will result in a more united fandom than currently, and will signify the first time in the genre that artists can redeem themselves even further. Contracts can be renewed, even if a contract was terminated and didn't have anything that prevents such a return.

There is something that even a 5 yr old kid have that KKS don't. COMMON SENSE! It was a wrong idea to suddenly put Hwayoung in when the rest are doing so well. I surely pray hard that Areum can adapt to them. (From the scenes I observed, seems she really had fit-in well with them ^^) ANTI can temporarily get their teeth of T-ara's tails.. They have tackled everything, truth is told sincerely. I pronounce, ANTI vs T-ara = temporary fullstop. (I used temporary cs i know those antis will surely find something else to go against T-ara. But we Queen's will have a troop of amazing army to defend them!

It was a wrong idea to suddenly put Hwayoung in when the rest are doing so well.

She did well as a member of T-ara, and upheld her parts and supports the entire group as best as she could, and still does, and she can still do better when she rejoins. ^_^

What can we say? everything is clear now! I hope Anti fans watch this show and don't continue to spread rumors!

T-ara shouldn't be sorry because it wasn't their problem! All of these cases are because of CCM!

Queens are always with you and we're support you 4 ever so don't be worry <3 <3

What can we say? everything is clear now! I hope Anti fans watch this show and don't continue to spread rumors!

T-ara shouldn't be sorry because it wasn't their problem! All of these cases are because of CCM!

Queens are always with you and we're support you 4 ever so don't be worry <3 <3

Anti-fans won't watch it because they're critical about every positive news/things about T-ara. What we can hope is that the public and Queen's will continue their undying support and love for T-ara, which is what they need for their N4 and Soyeon Qri Boram comeback in Japan soon. :wub:

Its already over so lets just all forget about it...haters can hate all they want..who gives a xxxx ! whats most important is that t-ara fandom stay united towards our girls and always believe in their pure innocent hearts..variety show MCs should stop asking about the issue...seriously hope that this is the last time our girls cry over this matter..no one is perfect ! ACCEPT THAT BLOODY FACT HATERS...which idol do not have scandals ? T-ARA's rise to the top shall not be stop...t-ara stay strong ! the storm is over and the sun shall soon come out ! believe in T-ARA !

many Queen's keep saying they want Hwa to go back and join T-ara again...OMG don't you think how about T-ara's feeling at all? netizens are netizens, if she joins again, netizens will keep saying CCM force her bla bla..poor Hwayoung, T-ara will bully her again bla bla.. T-ara will always be in the wrong side, nothings change from netizens "detective so called" eyes. it only makes situasion worse. T-ara and Hwa relationship is not same anymore, it's soooo awkward, imagine if they perform on stage together, i could feel Hwa's whole nation supporters will boo at T-ara and praising Hwa, maybe same with K-Queen's too, i think there are some who don't like Hwa anymore. i mean i believe this scandal really affected their friendship. and tbh i don't think Hwa wants to go back to CCM after this scandal. the damage was done, we as fans only can move on and support your idols. just forget all these past, look to the future