Diadem Forums

[13.05.20] T-ara N4 Announces Plans to Enter the US Market

kkyc222

lol they can always bring dani along with them for the english parts like when snsd where on live with kelly only tiffany spoke at it was fine if they were to get onto that show it would be for a performance short interview like its not like they'd be the main guest or anything , same with letterman snsd didn't even do an interview on there so n4 should be fine if they were to also get on those shows which i hope because then they can finally come to ny, and opinions of chris brown's personal life aside he's very popular and relevant in the us and his albums always sell a lot so n4 working with him is a good thing instead of working with irrelavent people like that random girl group the wonder girls worked with

The only thing that is coming up in my head is that eventually T-ara's problems will get better due to the gain or more international fans, and K-netizens will just die away....
But that's just a thought, I'm hoping the best for them.....they need to take my money while they're at it too.

Going the SNSD, 2en1 route...korea, why are you so mental about the US.

Well the US music industry is one of the largest out there, so that's why. Although I don't think it's right for them to try to break in the US music scene either, it also doesn't hurt to try and see the actual outcome for themselves instead of fearing it because of previous attempts from different people in the same related-field.

If they ended up not getting the success in their US attempt, as long as they keep being active back in their own scenes instead of ignoring their dominant scenes + keep trying to break in the US market, it should be fine.

On a side note (not toward you migger), the multiple versions of the same song is so typical of CCM...idk if I'll be able to enjoy all of them, but I already have some sort of idea the version with Snoop Dogg lol...

ugh no US promotions please
I just want Korean and Japanese albums, If two versions of Countryside Diary didn't succeed in Korea what makes them think FIVE versions of it will break them through in the US market.
I love t-ara but please stay away from America.

The song did well on the charts, and there are T-ara fans in the U.S. Nothing is stopping people from just getting the Korean and Japanese Albums. However, there will be people getting all 3 Albums. :D

It seems nice that T-ara gets exposed in the US/world stage, but I hope it is not at the expense of their Asian activities. I could say, the US/Western market can be much more fickle, and promoting away from their usual support bases may alienate T-ara from their 'core' support.

But in any event, wish them the best. A door has been opened, so why not take the opportunity. As for those with doubts/skepticism, let's see how the whole thing unfolds. No use in spending the energy on negativity -- even if T-ara does fail, they ain't the first group to do so. And if they succeed, a bit more here and there (nothing long term for different reasons) -- my only fear for success is other groups are likely to capitalize and bandwagon on them...

PS: F-I-V-E (5) English versions? Those artists must really found something they can relate to with CSD ;) And should we expect a much less restraint in terms of lyrics? :lol:

Good thing there's the internet and airliners. :)

I imagine many U.S. artists can relate. :D There's that possibility to have both a radio (Censored/Edit) and explicit versions. :lol:

In the US market, I don't think that will work really well. I don't think T-ara's english is ready for Live with Kelly or Ellen, etc. And I'm not sure you want someone else speaking for them; especially if they go onto a show with Snoop, T-Pain or Chris Brown, no offense to them. But I want T-ara to talk not those guys, we don't need N4 being the new harajuku girls for them (though I know that's not what's gonna happen lol).

I'm just worried N4 is being used more for the imagine with who they collab with. Psy, Se7en, SNSD, WG, etc all got to stand alone on their foray. Of course we're all viewing it as win-win for both parties, but somehow I just feel like CCM/T-ara isn't the bigger winner in the end.

Anyways good luck to the girls. Whether they launch well or not into the US market, it's okay. BoA was deemed a 'failure' in the US markets but her career is anything but a failure. i'll sit by and wait and see what happens!

They did say that they will work on improving their current level of English, and there's Dani to assist them. I won't worry about them talking with those artists because they all have their reputations to uphold as well, besides, this is about a music collaboration, not spending weeks with them on some twisted reality show. Let us not hope for bad things, but hope and expect good things from their works. :)

Recent previous K-Pop artists, like BoA, are actually considered successes in making deeper avenues into the U.S. Market than earlier K-Pop artists who attempted to enter before her.

I really really hope that these hip-hop and R &B artists respect the culture in Korea. And not refer to them as B's and H's and such. This is a huge risk to the precious girls of T ara's image domestically in Korea. If there are any references to weed or other drugs in these new remixes thats a set back to their activities in Korea. Korean entertainment and law enforcement are very strict in these matters. Also, the American hip-hop and R &B industry is really blatant in objectifying women and treating women terribly. How do I know? I have friends that were both once in the industry or still in the industry. I wonder if both sides, CCM and the American hip hop/R&B side really know what they are getting into. I will really pray for these girls to be safe.

I'm sure they will be taking the necessary precautions knowing that this is an international collaboration between artists from different countries working together for the first time. All entertainment industries around the world have similar problems in those regards, but shouldn't be considered because the media are closely watching them. :)

Don't get me wrong guys.I love them.I really do.However,I do feel little a doubt about this.I mean,with the language barrier and so on,will they succeed in the U.S?I don't know but I think it's too early to enter the U.S Market.As much as I love them,it's better to stick to Korean and Japanese Market.If you guys noticed,all of Korean Idols who had tried to break into the U.S market can speak English well,quite popular and etc but they still failed to achieve it.

And the 5 versions of Jeon Won Diary is just way too much.Oh gosh....I can't even..And,only T-ara N4 will enter the U.S market right?Once again,the 3 least popular members were left behind.I know Dani can speak English but she's in T-ara (well,will be) NOT T-ara N4.KKS,don't tell me you're gonna add her in the sub-unit just because of that.

Nevertheless,as a fan,I support the girls and hopefully,you can prove me wrong.

We shouldn't jump to conclusions on their English when they're currently improving themselves, as we patiently wait now. And to note, they have Dani with them too. :) All of the recent K-Pop artists who entered in the U.S. achieved a greater success than previous K-Pop artists before. Opportunity is knocking on their door straight from the U.S., and their taking a chance, and so far, things are looking good for all parties involved. As long as there is the internet and airliners, this cultural fear is really unnecessary.

Having different versions of a song has been quite common over the years, even when it comes to remakes as well. It will be fine, considering remixes are like this too. :)

Oooh~ I love that last qupte from our Eunjung. I can't believe it too. Too many things happening so fast but I'm so happy. More opportunities to meet them here in LA. More albums to buy. But I know they'll be really tired this upcoming summer. I'm praying for their health and hope they'll be safe at all times, in filming and traveling. And please don't forget to have fun while doing work. I love how our girls seems so positive now and their smiling faces are the best. Expecting more of QBS sub-unit too in Japan. Everything is working out well so far. Let's continue to support T-ara, N4 & QBS. Queen's and QUEENS fighting! <3

I am absolutely happy that T-ara N4's making a US debut and this is just something that i've been waiting to hear all along. I don't have any doubts or concerns about their US activities because I just support the girls' decision in entering the American music market and I know that everyone will simply give the girls a extremely warm welcome instead of just flat out judging them because of the bullying scandal that T-ara, as a whole, had last year. I always remain optimistic about this and I know for sure that everyone in the United States will absolutely love having T-ara N4 around. Plus, I personally am excited that the quartet will be back in the US this Saturday to begin their US activities with a surprise opening act performance for Chris Brown's Las Vegas concert. So, with QBS set to promote in Japan and T-ara N4 getting ready to take on the American music market, everything is working out amazingly well, I must say. I wish T-ara N4 the best of luck and I will be waiting for their return to the US this Saturday.

T-ARA N4 FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hm well I am MOST definitely lukewarm about this to say the least. Language barriers, Chris Browns scandal aside and previous failures of other groups this is very risky. I hope they do well but at the same time I highly doubt it, and to be honest I think they'll get hammered instead of being a success.

And let's face is QBS being left out, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I like those 3 the most, and Dani. CMON KKS she's 14 something? Your native English speaker is still a kid, who hasn't officially debuted even, man this... this is going to be precious.

Ryu I know you will nitpick at this comment but mate you have to agree, even if we stay positive and stay behind the girls a 110%, there are just WAY to many things that can go wrong and need to be overcome in a WAY to short a time frame for this to work.

I like T-ara I really do, including N4, and I really want them to do well, but i have a feeling reality will have it's say in this, and it's more likely things won't go as well as we all hope.

You know wheter they make it or not with the US version of JWD.. its still a win (even if god forbid it flops) just in terms of the international exposure and adding the number of fans. Even without actually promoting in the US they already have thousands of American fans, imagine how much the number will multiply if T-ara songs actually showed up in American radios & MTV (do they actually still play music there?). And don't say international fans don't matter 'cause I know I buy all their CDs, watch their MVs on Youtube & still download songs on iTunes.

I'm also really psyched with the idea of a T-ara youtube channel. My favorite J-pop band right now is Momoiro Clover Z, which IMHO is probably the only rival for the mighty AKB48, anyway one of the key to their popularity (besides that they are as bat-xxxx crazy as they are talented) is that they have their own channel in ustream where they do these routine simple mini talkshows where they showcase random activities or just one or two members shooting the breeze in front of a flip cam.

The simple videos doesn't have to be full-blown variety shows on Mnet, just imagine Hyomin & Jiyeon just chatting or telling jokes for 5 minutes in front of a handycam or Qri taking a flip-cam during their rehersals and... voila, you have a show for the week!

I seen this coming! Hopefully Empire Records will have better management than CCM.

I kind of want to travel to Las Vegas now just to see them perform. Even though they're just the opening act.

I'm so excited and happy for them :) I wish them great success and will persuade my friends to listen to them lol^^

"After every storm, comes a rainbow"

Hm well I am MOST definitely lukewarm about this to say the least. Language barriers, Chris Browns scandal aside and previous failures of other groups this is very risky. I hope they do well but at the same time I highly doubt it, and to be honest I think they'll get hammered instead of being a success.

And let's face is QBS being left out, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I like those 3 the most, and Dani. CMON KKS she's 14 something? Your native English speaker is still a kid, who hasn't officially debuted even, man this... this is going to be precious.

Ryu I know you will nitpick at this comment but mate you have to agree, even if we stay positive and stay behind the girls a 110%, there are just WAY to many things that can go wrong and need to be overcome in a WAY to short a time frame for this to work.

I like T-ara I really do, including N4, and I really want them to do well, but i have a feeling reality will have it's say in this, and it's more likely things won't go as well as we all hope.

I already know and understand that in everything there is a chance for things to go wrong, but that doesn't mean it should be something to aspire towards all the time. Reality encompasses a great many aspects in life, definitely including the vast, infinite positives. Please allow me to present some measures that can, or at least try to, ease such burdensome concerns, . . .

1. Language - They are currently improving on it. Sure, we know how much they've tried before in the past, but still yet, that was back then, and they are taking some time to improve their current language skills right now. And yes, it all depends on how well they acquire and learn from the new lessons, and their abilities to use it well. Plus, they have Dani. Sure, she hasn't officially debuted, but she is an employee of Core Contents Media, and that at least still helps the rest of the members for having her right there. We're very thankful for Dani for making this even possible, and I hope, and others as well, that they will improve their English to communicate and understand well with their fans here, in the U.S. :)

2. Chris Brown and Other Artists - Here, in the U.S., it is sometimes possible for artists to correct and redeem himself/herself by first apologizing and taking responsibility for the actions that were taken, as well as learning from them. And then do many tasks that has positive results and feedback. Chris Brown apologized, then pleaded guilty in a court of law. He didn't try to hide his mistakes. He didn't deny the wrongs he committed. He became a better man by accepting his very own actions and accepted the consequences given by the judge. It is true, he will be attending another court hearing about whether or not he successfully completed his community service portion of his sentencing, but that shouldn't negate the better side of himself for doing what he can to redeem himself. With such noted goodness on his part, his comeback yielded enough good responses from all over the world. Sure, not number 1 all around great, but good enough to at least give him a chance to keep a career he enjoys doing in his life. Yes, we all know about him getting officially dumped by Rihanna again for cheating on her with another woman, but still, at least they broke up understanding one another, and moving on without having to resort to any violence, which is a testament to his court ordered completion on domestic violence courses. And let's be clear though, Chris Brown is not one of my favorite artists, but I do respect the man, and hope he is able to improve himself in his life. He makes some good music, that should be enough to move on for better things ahead for everybody. Same goes for Snoop Lion. :)

3. Previous K-Pop Artists in the U.S. - Since the early 2000s, K-Pop artists struggled very, very hard to get into the U.S., until ground was broken in 2008 with BoA releasing a full length English Album and collaborating with U.S. artists. None of the previous artists couldn't do that before. Thus, making her a success, even though the outcome did not meet goals and expectations from the higher ups. She didn't give up on her fans here in the U.S., that's for sure. Wonder Girls had a cross country tour with a popular U.S. boy group. They most definitely did not give up on their fans either, and came back with more music, and even got to be in an episode length movie, that was aired in the U.S. Again, none other K-Pop artists accomplished that much in the U.S. Girls' Generation got on popular U.S. talk shows, like oh my goodness, nobody didn't expect that to happen. Yet again, none of the previous artists achieved this much. 2NE1 won an MTV international competition. That alone speaks volumes of success. Even though the expectations were running quite high, that doesn't mean it's a failure, not by a long shot. Currently, we're trying to guess what T-ara's outcome will be without having T-ara performing yet. Doesn't that sound weird? Sure, success can be a gradual means, by building and building the fan base. There's nothing wrong with that. It is best to wait and see, and at the most, support and stay positive, and maybe even help out a bit so they can be more successful. Just like the staff members here on Diadem. :) ( Much love Diadem! :wub: )

4. QBS - I like Qri, Boram, and Soyeon too. Their talented and wonderful members of the group as well. Yes, they will be debuting their sub-unit in Japan, but that doesn't mean they can't join the rest of the members in the U.S. afterward. Let's see how well they do in Japan. And don't forget, T-ara as a whole group will be making a comeback together later on too. Who knows if T-ara will include U.S. promotions as well and include more collaborations from other artists for that album. Schedules could change in the future too, after all they had to rearrange their previous schedule to accommodate Chris Brown's invitation. So there shouldn't be that much worries. :) It's a work in progress.

Best to be patient now, and then see their teasers and full releases later on, so we can be more accurate in our own expressions. :)

hmm so they will release 'Jeonwon Diary' in 5 versions w/ 5 diff. rappers.. hmm this could be a good publicity since i myself is interested who's rap will be better Chris Brown, Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, T-Pain & Ray J.. BTW only Ray J, i wasn't that much familiar but all the other 4, i have had listen to some of their songs & love it.. their fan and some other hip-hop fans might be interested in buying or listening to the 5 versions of the song just to see who's rap will be best.. this could actually sparks a discussion between fans.. lol and this could either end up as good or bad publicity but either way this will surely broaden their fanbase internationally..

wait.. when they said 'Empire Records' do they mean 'Royal Empire Records'??? since RER is a record label for hip-hop artist.. all their artist are hip-hop..

There's an Empire Records in the U.S., and is actually known as "Empire Distribution". Rania is signed with this as well, and can be found here. I was told earlier that Rania will be filming for a MTV reality show called "Road To Fame", in Los Angeles and San Diego on May 21st, but recently, it was reported that a member is recovering from a thigh surgery. Added with a prior report about another member recovering from an eye injury too, not sure if they are currently in the U.S. right now. I am starting to believe that both T-ara N4 and Rania will be debuting in the U.S. along side one another, although T-ara appears to be in better condition. But much respect to Rania though. Both T-ara and Rania spreading the Hallyu Wave in the U.S. :) (I'm daring myself to ponder about a T-ara/Rania collaboration now. :lol: )

• 2 weeks later...

Most of my friends don't care for KPop and sometimes poke fun at me, but I don't care and make them listen to T-ara when they're in my car. :P Music is something we can enjoy across all languages, so I'm sure T-ara N4 and even T-ara can reach new fans in the US market. But even if they improve their English, I doubt it will really help much in terms of a successful debut. Wonder Girls and SNSD promoted with English songs for the US market and imho, didn't really WOW anybody. Fans that like them for who they are will support them, but please don't be raunchy "hip-pop" like Kesha!