Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] being called queens..isnt it awkaward at times ?

fusion217

i don know about you guys but uptill today i still cant get over the fact that we are called queens as fans of t-ara..i mean like, for guys out there, when ppl ask u, what fan are u or u r in which fandom and qn like these..do you (guys) tell people..'im a queen'

i mean don u guys feel awkward ? me being a big fan of t-ara, this actually makes me feel weird...not like other fan names such as 4nia(4min) blackjack(2ne1), they can be use for both genders while queens are females..its just weird for us guys to tell me ppl hey im a queen LOL..pls let me know do u guys feel the same way or is it just me..and female queens do u feel weird telling ppl u r a queen ? pls share

Some people do. But unless we could petition for a name change, then that i how things are. Or, you could just say you're a 'fan' or 'supporter', though I'm against the tag of "fan", due to its connotation.

Personally, being labeled as belonging to a fandom is awkward, but then again, it's an easier way to say, especially in relations with other fandoms.

And for the record, it's "Queen's".

LOL ppl chill chill... ok, i made a mistake its Queen's !! i had forgotten about the 's... :lol:

but i was wondering..how do u guys ans qn like these ? would u say im a queen's ? or a fan of t-ara or something else ?

Simple. To anyone asking, I would hold up a most flattering picture of Hyomin, and point smugly, "I belong to her,"

LOL ppl chill chill... ok, i made a mistake its Queen's !! i had forgotten about the 's... :lol:

but i was wondering..how do u guys ans qn like these ? would u say im a queen's ? or a fan of t-ara or something else ?

Depending on the situation. If a person who has rarely any knowledge of kpop, obviously I would say I'm a fan of T-Ara since they wouldn't know what QUEEN's means if they don't even know T-Ara in the first place.

Among the people in the kpop fandom world, I refer myself as both. It's not that big of a deal to me personally.

For myself, I took it as a blank space to fill in right after the fandom name. Leaving it up to the fans to decide what they wanted to be called. This is what I mean, . . .

Queens' _____(Please fill in)_____.

The "Queens'" part are the T-ara members, and we as fans, are right after them in the space that needs to be filled in. All because of the plural possessive form of the word "Queen", which is added with "s'". I would say Kings (males) and Queens (females) in general. But other titles and names can be used, like Princes (males) and Princesses (females), or Knights, Soldiers, Warriors (Which can be used for both genders). Most of the fandom just leaves it blank and stick to the T-ara part, "Queens'", which is completely fine, although I won't really call myself the T-ara members in the sense.

Generally only prefer myself as a casual fan of the group (and more specifically, a bigger fan of certain members). I'm more than happy to just label myself as a 'fan'. I get the meaning behind Queen's, but it still somehow feels...I don't know, tacky? Reminds me, someone brought up of the name 'Tiramisu' when people were thinking of what names could be used for the official fandom name.

Exactly. It's not that you're a queen, but that you are the queen's. Like, a servant or something to royalty.

I think 'admirer' would better fit lol. 'Servant', somehow brings up images of people being worked to the bone :3