Diadem Forums

[13.07.10] Areum leaves T-ara for a solo debut, "Please don't forget me.. I love you"

nathaniel

Just "6-ara" for those fans in the fandom who've been with T-ara since the beginning with 5-ara, who're the actual "originals". :)

Does that mean I've above you all cuz I knew them from day 1 of the announced group debuting? lol

5-ara were indeed the original lineup, but simply did not become the official, thus why 6-ara are regarded by many as amongst the original members. Why they were not official, is because they never debuted.

Now in regards to the matter of debut, a debut refers to the first public appearance or performance, which 5-ara never made. They made a music video debut but that was all. One could have a different perspective on this but in the K-Pop industry at least it can clearly be seen it is always the first public appearance that is regarded and celebrated by fans as the debut.

But anyhow I see this topic may end up derailing so let's make sure we don't stray.

Watching Areum's video messaging was really just...devastating. This departure happened so suddenly, left me at loss for words really. I already miss her honestly...

I too have a lot of thoughts going on in my head but all of that aside for now, I just really hope she's doing alright.

Wait what?

Ok you know what, CCM is always like this. At first Hwayoung and now Ahreum. At first I didn't approve of Hwayoung and wished they'd go back to 6-ara, finally I like her and them KKS thinks kicking her out from the group is the best decision and then he announces further plans of adding 2 new members whom I already hate because for Christ's sake how many member changes is he gonna make till he's satisfied? Slowly I learn of Ahreum capabilities and her vocal talents and I'm thinking ok, maybe she's not that bad but nooo KKS isn't satisfied with that, he has to throw her out of the group again. Ok, not exactly throw out since she's pursuing a solo career now.

My main point is why go through so many member changes when in the end, you end up coming back to the original casts? Seriously KKS needs to start from the basics if he wants to know how to handle his company properly.

Still I'll respect Ahreum decisions and can only hope that netizens don't start another round of ill-fit speculations.

Ahreum, all the best for your future and fighting!

Does that mean I've above you all cuz I knew them from day 1 of the announced group debuting? lol

This is not about which fan has been the oldest in the fandom. This is about 6-ara being just the 6 member group, not "original", because T-ara started off as being 5-ara.

5-ara were indeed the original lineup, but simply did not become the official, thus why 6-ara are regarded by many as amongst the original members. Why they were not official, is because they never debuted.

Now in regards to the matter of debut, a debut refers to the first public appearance or performance, which 5-ara never made. They made a music video debut but that was all. One could have a different perspective on this but in the K-Pop industry at least it can clearly be seen it is always the first public appearance that is regarded and celebrated by fans as the debut.

But anyhow I see this topic may end up derailing so let's make sure we don't stray.

That doesn't seem correct when officially they debuted as a 5 member group when they released their song for a drama soundtrack and music video to the public, and has both Jiae and Jiwon as part of T-ara during that short time period. How can such releases be not considered a "debut", when in fact that is the very definition of the word? How is it that a public appearance be deemed officially as "only in person live"? The K-Pop Industry never disregarded the very first debuting performance (No matter what performance format it took.) of their artists, it's quite clear that the 6-ara bias were the ones making that claim based that 5-ara was merely lasted a couple of months, not by the industry. They were "officially T-ara" before Soyeon, Boram, and Qri joined the group. 6-ara was a brand new line up, and T-ara had to readjust. By calling 6-ara "original" is definitely not correct, because 5-ara were the original group that started T-ara.

I don't see this topic as a derailing problem when such articles are misleading the public when they are claiming that 6-ara are being deemed as "original" which will mislead newer fan members into believing that T-ara started as a 6 member group, and completely disregard the group's origin and history as a 5 member group.

That doesn't seem correct when officially they debuted as a 5 member group when they released their song for a drama soundtrack and music video to the public, and has both Jiae and Jiwon as part of T-ara during that short time period. How can such releases be not considered a "debut", when in fact that is the very definition of the word? How is it that a public appearance be deemed officially as "only in person live"? The K-Pop Industry never disregarded the very first debuting performance (No matter what performance format it took.) of their artists, it's quite clear that the 6-ara bias were the ones making that claim based that 5-ara was merely lasted a couple of months, not by the industry. They were "officially T-ara" before Soyeon, Boram, and Qri joined the group. 6-ara was a brand new line up, and T-ara had to readjust. By calling 6-ara "original" is definitely not correct, because 5-ara were the original group that started T-ara.

I don't see this topic as a derailing problem when such articles are misleading the public when they are claiming that 6-ara are being deemed as "original" which will mislead newer fan members into believing that T-ara started as a 6 member group, and completely disregard the group's origin and history as a 5 member group.

As said one could have a different perspective on this, it's all coming down to semantics really.

And there is no mention of 6-ara being the original group in this specific article thus will need to stay in bounds and not into an origins discussion lol.

T-ara's origins are very well known honestly (just in my own observation, I have not seen any fan who doesn't know about them). New fans who take an real interest in the group will always come to learn about their story and how they started out.

As said one could have a different perspective on this, it's all coming down to semantics really.

And there is no mention of 6-ara being the original group in this specific article thus will need to stay in bounds and not into an origins discussion lol.

T-ara's origins are very well known honestly (just in my own observation, I have not seen any fan who doesn't know about them). New fans who take an real interest in the group will always come to learn about their story and how they started out.

More like favoritism and unruly hate towards the rest of the T-ara members from antis and ill-mannered 6-ara bias.

It's the one news that started to refuel the T-ara hating all over again, since Hwayoung's Incident. I still remember reading here from 6-aras back then, who disliked Hwayoung, Areum, and Dani, simply because they didn't want them and feared unjustly and quite illogically about the amount exposures for the other 6 members, when to the contrary there's enough to fit all of the 9 members with room to spare. They even went as far as to bash on them, like saying the company/C.E.O. should kicking them out of the group and having their contracts expired and transferring them into another group. They also tried to prevented any successes they've gained, by commenting badly about their performances. <_<

If that were true, even new fans (I've seen this change myself.), like semantics, would agree that by saying, "that T-ara will return to promoting as a 6 member group", is more accurate and correct, as opposed to, "T-ara will return to their original 6 members", when legacy-wise and truthfully, T-ara began with 5 original members. Newer fans would think and question the grammar/language from the media's reporting perspective as bias and not researched enough to accurately inform the public about the group.

• 2 weeks later...
CCM should have never done any member change from the start....now I wish Dani can debut with another group !

T-ara as 3-ara? Unfortunately, that possibility did not happen. But it turned out better though with each new member addition to the group. T-ara became bigger and they improved over time. ^_^

• 5 weeks later...