Diadem Forums

[13.07.11] T-ara's agency, "Meaning behind Areum's posts? She is just preparing hard for solo debut"

nathaniel

[13.07.11] T-ara's agency, "Meaning behind Areum's posts? She is just preparing hard for solo debut"

1373503401.jpg

After Areum made her announcement that she is leaving T-ara, there became significant buzz around one of her social media posts. Her agency said, "The only meaning behind the post is that she is readily preparing for a solo career."

Areum's agency Core Contents Media said through a phone call with OSEN today, "The SNS post that Areum wrote last month now has a lot of speculation coming out around it. There is only one meaning behind it and that Areum said she is ready to give all and prepare til death (hyperbole) for her solo career."

"Our phone rang this morning because Areum was worried about this post. We hope that there will be no more misrepresentations or concerns about the writing Areum left and hope that people will interpret it correctly now," they said.

On the 29th, Areum posted on her Instagram, "I have nothing to lose anymore. I'm not afraid to die. This is the first notice." This post has created a buzz amongst netizens and left them wondering if there is another reason why Areum left T-ara to become a solo artist.

It was announced yesterday that Areum will leave T-ara and T-ara will promote as six for the time being.

Source: http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?sid1=106&oid=109&aid=0002573220

Translated by: Nathaniel @ Diadem

This post has been promoted to an article

I wouldn't worry to much about her words... it's more of a challenge statement, it means that she can go all out, charge in with reckless abandonment...

that was the first thing I thought when I read that post... she is going for the goal without remorse and without holding back.

I've decided. Something went down and CCM is covering it up. If this was all planned, wouldn't they phase Areum out instead of cutting her out suddenly? There are already plans for her in the Budokan concert and their Korean comback was planned to have Areum. They are probably already practicing for this comeback with areum. If Areum had a choice, I'm sure she would want to finish her commitments first before leaving. Right???

Something very, very shady is going on. Are we really to believe Areum leaving, replacements in 5dolls, and new members in SPEED all happened at once for no reason? This is just CCM doing what they always do--exploiting artists and causing drama to reach the headlines. Maybe if they'd put this kind of effort into promoting their artists they wouldn't need to resort to crap like this. I'm just disgusted with this company. I wish Areum all the best, but what I'd really love is for her and the rest of T-ara to leave for somewhere better.

It's official now, she's still with Core Contents Media, which is good news. :) I'm rather surprised that people are speculating other things from her message.

I've decided. Something went down and CCM is covering it up. If this was all planned, wouldn't they phase Areum out instead of cutting her out suddenly? There are already plans for her in the Budokan concert and their Korean comback was planned to have Areum. They are probably already practicing for this comeback with areum. If Areum had a choice, I'm sure she would want to finish her commitments first before leaving. Right???

Things can change suddenly in the entertainment industry, just like that unexpected invite from Chris Brown. And just like there were things that were ready for Hwayoung before until the anti-surge. There's no proof to such assumptions to begin with.
Something very, very shady is going on. Are we really to believe Areum leaving, replacements in 5dolls, and new members in SPEED all happened at once for no reason? This is just CCM doing what they always do--exploiting artists and causing drama to reach the headlines. Maybe if they'd put this kind of effort into promoting their artists they wouldn't need to resort to crap like this. I'm just disgusted with this company. I wish Areum all the best, but what I'd really love is for her and the rest of T-ara to leave for somewhere better.

5dolls has been in member changes for quite some time now, and Gangkiz's lineup change went quietly unnoticed for a while, so I'm told. It certainly feels like the only reason for these changes might've been from the members of these respective groups themselves, like Areum. There's no proof to such accusations on these member changes. And having them leave Core Contents Media is a very bad thing, and it'll absolutely force them to start all over again from scratch.

I'd wager there is something going on within the walls of CCM, although how shady it really is I still don't have a clear idea on. But there's definitely something, and i guess only time will tell. In the mean time "YAY MORE REASONS FOR ANTIS TO B!TCH ABOUT" freakin amazing, it's like what happened last year wasn't enough, this is like adding fuel to the fire, splendid just bloody splendid.

Even if true, Areum's chances of being successful as a solo are extremely low, if not even zero.

1. Popularity comparable, or even lower than Boram and Qri. In other words, she's only marginally popular than a nugu rookie idol.

2. Vocal skills. She's not even on Soyeon's level, nor is she comparable to other vocally able idols like Taeyeon and Hyorin. I won't even get started on her 'rapping'.

3. Agency. Let's be honest here - CCM's management is awfully sub-par, and that's putting it subtly. Last time they had a successful solo was Lee Hyori, and that was 4 years ago.

4. Chances are she's probably going to be added into a different group into the future as the main 'vocal' or the 'visual'. There's a good chance that CCM is saying BS here and Areum playing along with it. After all, CCM seems to enjoy rearranging its groups during June and July, for whatever reasons.

I'd wager there is something going on within the walls of CCM, although how shady it really is I still don't have a clear idea on. But there's definitely something, and i guess only time will tell. In the mean time "YAY MORE REASONS FOR ANTIS TO B!TCH ABOUT" freakin amazing, it's like what happened last year wasn't enough, this is like adding fuel to the fire, splendid just bloody splendid.

Yes, time will tell, but I doubt it's really required, since Areum made it perfectly clear that it was her decision to go solo, and to remain with Core Contents Media, which is both an unfortunate lost to T-ara, and a good thing. The civil war is still progressive, as expected, unfortunately. Antis still try to claim that they know what's going on with T-ara, Core Contents Media, and Kim Kwang Soo, when they actually don't. A few are trying to spin their reasoning to hate them is their concerns for their health and well-being, when that's not even the truth either. Antis are still sadly losing this civil war, and their hatred continues onward for their self-loathing purposes. But, it's very good that Core Contents Media sees and backs her skills' potential, and she'll always be regarded as part of T-ara. :)