Diadem Forums

[SPAZZ] Your Thoughts On Areum's Departure, Qri As T-ara's New Leader & Dani's T-ara N4 Debut

Cheerleader2012

Hello there yet again to all of you Queens out there. As some of you have already know right now, there have been plenty going on with our girls. Areum has recently announced that she is leaving T-ara for a solo debut while Qri has become the group's new leader and as for a starter, Dani, who has been preparing for her debut for a while, is only joining the girls' subunit, T-ara N4, and will join the girls for their next comeback. So I wanna hear all of your personal thoughts on all of the latest developments with our girls. If you wanna chime in, go ahead and share your thoughts with everyone else here. And as always, i'm here to listen to what all of you have to say about all of this

Well as for all of this news, here's my two cents on everything that's been happening -

• I think Areum's departure was a really bad business idea that made zero sense. Right after Target was released, before their concert in Japan, before the release of Treasure Box - let's remove a member from a group that spent the past year plagued with a bullying scandal! Yet another wonderful business decision from CCM/KKS ... Due to Areum suddenly leaving during the middle of all these promotions - although given T-ara's crazy never-ending schedule it would admittedly be hard to find a quiet time when they weren't promoting - I tend to think something happened.
  • As for Qri becoming leader, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully she'll start to get some more lines and more emphasis as a member of T-ara ^^
  • Aaand for Dani, I'm a bit confused. CCM just said that T-ara was having a six-member comeback early next year, but previously said that Dani would be joining N4 and then moving on to domestic activities with T-ara. So is she only going to be a member for N4? Regardless, I hope she does well.

So that's all that's on my mind right now ><

I can't wait to see what going to happen to the haters & k-media.how are they going to mess with DGAF princess Qri.how will Qri respond to that.

like how soyeon has said before, Qri was scary when she angry...

bwahahaha...try if you dare haters & k-media.try to make BAD rumors about them.Princess Qri, the new leader is in town...bwahahaha

About Dani:

Well to be honest!! Im really happy that Dani won't joining the T-ara ! it's not that im hating on her no!! I like her very much But God That girl is just too Young! 14?!!! :o come on!! I think she should practice for now until she gets I dont know 17 or 18!!

About Qri:

God Im sOoOoOoO happy for her! this is a great Opportunity for her! I mean She can show her other side of her and talk more! <3<3 Well in their songs she dosent have many lines :( I know or better to say Im sure she can be a Great Leader like Others :wub: Qri Fighting <3<3

About Areum:

Honestly I didn't have any feelings for Areum !! she was cute and a Good Vocalist :) But It was her choice to be a solo artist so Good Luck Areum ;)

EunJung Fighting <3<3 T-ara Fighting <3<3 T-ara N4 Fightig <3<3 Qbs Fighting <3<3 Areum & Dani Fighting <3

ok,areum leaving t-ara for a solo career is a bit random. did kks plan this from before her debut??? guess,anyone??

*qri as the new leader of t-ara.. i think that was a long time in coming..but no doubt qri's the best one to guide them through this crucial time!!!!

Dogs days are over...~

I'm kinda happy that Dani is only joining T-ara N4 now, I was already accepting her in the main group but god all that stupid hate she was getting was worrying me (I don't know how people can be so inmature to hate on a 14/15 years old, is okay to dislike her or not waiting her but really, people were saying they were going to maker "regret" it sighs) so I'm glad she is only on N4.

And Princess Qri ¡Your time to shine have truly come now! not that she didnt shine before but now as Leader she will definility get more spotlight as she deserves

and for Areum, as long this is really what she wanted, going to support her all the way again

I'm happy with all the recent decisions that kks made. I was never happy about areum joining and I hated the idea of dani joining the group. I loved 6ARA the most and that is why I'm super happy that they're back to the old line up.

dani joining only n4 is okay too, I can accept that.

my only worry is, that their next korean comeback is supposed to be 2014. how am I supposed to wait so long?? oh gosh.

well those are my thoughts. :lol:

Areum:

I think the sudden announcement of her leaving was because of something happening in the company/group and not because of the solo career. That may be a part of it but I think the bigger reason for her leaving was something else. It said that they had been planning her departure but it seems too weird if that was the case since they included her in a lot of their promotions, songs, etc. and that doesn't seem like something you would do if someone was planning on leaving.

Dani:

Having Dani promote in T-ara N4 first is a much better idea since she can get a little accustomed to joining a group and slowly make her way to T-ara instead of just suddenly putting her in T-ara right after a member just left.

Qri:

I'm glad she's finally having her role as leader since she's the second oldest in the group and I think having her personality as a leader will be a nice change.

Areum- Well she held such a precious space in my heart becuase of the daily vids and others vids, she was soo frikkin CUUUUTTEE. And also she seems like a very decent, hard working girl. So when I heard about her leaving I was in class and i became all sad and had no motivation to do work lol. I was gobsmacked and sad at first then it turned into anger coz CCM is just messing with my feels and it's not even funny anymore. It is the most stupidest thing to put her in the group if they planned for her to go solo in the first place. (If it was her decision to go solo then fine). It just doesn't make sense.

And what's with CCM and their member changing (not just T-ara) they are doing it completely wrong honestly.

Dani - I really like Dani but I don't want her to be in T-ara not becuase she's too young, because I am just tired of this member changing thing. Like can someone please tell me a very successful group that has had member changes?

Qri - We have all waited for her reign lol, Hail the Fab QueenRi.

Areum - @smilingdawn pretty much nailed what I had to say. Though if I had to add in my own 2 cents to this, assuming she really is set on going solo, let's be frank - the chances of being successful is pretty much nil. Areum simply does not have the adequate talent, popularity or competent management to make that happen. It's as simple as that. Chances are she'll be put into an already-existing group or a new one into the future. The last time CCM had a popular solo was Lee Hyori and that was years ago - there's also Yangpa, but she stayed for only a year.

Dani - Must stay away from T-ara. Member additions and subtractions have proven to be a factor of destabilization when it comes to CCM's groups. Age aside, what purpose does she even serve in T-ara, yet alone even in N4? The rapper? Eunjung can cover that and anyone can tell that Dani lacks immensely in rapping, even for idol standards. Bluntly put - she should just be put into another group and in the case she is put in T-ara, then I'd rather see 6-ara move out altogether. They're not babysitters, that's one thing for sure. And when it comes to concepts, it also puts bigger strains onto the group since they have a minor - and it's not like T-ara is Chocolat + on CCM's part, it's just asking to be flamed.

Qri - After Soyeon, it was logical Qri would be put in next (Jiyeon being the other alternative, it doesn't make sense the maknae would be the leader either). But let's be frank, the leadership role doesn't mean jack here. Boram sure didn't act like one when she was the leader (just look at her in Hello Baby - which was months after she was given the position), and Hyomin was only leader for what, 6 months? Soyeon was also one of the members directly involved with the tweets regarding Hwayoung, not really something fitting of a leader to do. Changing leaders continuously is just devaluing the position and make it look like nothing but a figurehead title, if not already.

Dani - Must stay away from T-ara. Member additions and subtractions have proven to be a factor of destabilization when it comes to CCM's groups. Age aside, what purpose does she even serve in T-ara, yet alone even in N4? The rapper? Eunjung can cover that and anyone can tell that Dani lacks immensely in rapping, even for idol standards. Bluntly put - she should just be put into another group and in the case she is put in T-ara, then I'd rather see 6-ara move out altogether. They're not babysitters, that's one thing for sure. And when it comes to concepts, it also puts bigger strains onto the group since they have a minor - and it's not like T-ara is Chocolat + on CCM's part, it's just asking to be flamed.

So I just realised something relating to this -

Areum's part in Countryside Life has no rapping. Areum actually has the 'big note' of the song. So why is Dani even covering Areum's lines when Dani is being specifically trained in rap? Didn't CCM media play aaaaages ago about Dani studying rap for eight hours a day? Didn't she do a rap at T-ara's Japan concert last year? Do we have any proof that she can even sing?

This doesn't even make sense.

So I just realised something relating to this -

Areum's part in Countryside Life has no rapping. Areum actually has the 'big note' of the song. So why is Dani even covering Areum's lines when Dani is being specifically trained in rap? Didn't CCM media play aaaaages ago about Dani studying rap for eight hours a day? Didn't she do a rap at T-ara's Japan concert last year? Do we have any proof that she can even sing?

This doesn't even make sense.

That's all what I heard, that Dani is replacing Areum in N4.

But hey, it's CCM - for all we know, she probably is being 'trained' to sing even as we speak and it's not like CCM has been consistent with its media claims and boasting (such as that laughable time when they blurted out N4's success will equate to Gangnam Style); even if she does become a vocalist, she probably won't do a good job in it anyway, which shouldn't come as a surprise as a good number of idols aren't exactly great at it themselves despite years of training.

That's all what I heard, that Dani is replacing Areum in N4.

But hey, it's CCM - for all we know, she probably is being 'trained' to sing even as we speak and it's not like CCM has been consistent with its media claims and boasting (such as that laughable time when they blurted out N4's success will equate to Gangnam Style); even if she does become a vocalist, she probably won't do a good job in it anyway, which shouldn't come as a surprise as a good number of idols aren't exactly great at it themselves despite years of training.

Actually, Dani did recently Instagram a picture with a caption that said something along the lines of 'singing or rapping, who knows what I'll become' - don't quote me word for word, it was to that effect >< - so it's possible that she is going to be a singer instead. I actually thought Areum was being given singing and rapping in most of T-ara's recent songs (in DBD, Sexy Love, and Bunny Style Areum sang and rapped) so Dani could take over her rap lines when she joined, but I guess I was wrong.

I guess I don't understand why CCM would put so much emphasis on Dani being a rapper but then give her singing lines - plus if she really had turned out to have amazing vocals, wouldn't CCM have media played them already? And let's be honest, it's easier to hide a lack of singing ability if you're a rapper. The whole Dani-joining-N4 thing seems really poorly thought-out ... hasn't CCM just considered hiring a translator? I get the feeling that Dani was only added to N4 because she's fluent in English.

Although since we're speaking of media stunts can we all please remember the time CCM said they wanted to create a national dance trend like the YMCA, but with Bunny Style? Yeah.

Actually, Dani did recently Instagram a picture with a caption that said something along the lines of 'singing or rapping, who knows what I'll become' - don't quote me word for word, it was to that effect >< - so it's possible that she is going to be a singer instead. I actually thought Areum was being given singing and rapping in most of T-ara's recent songs (in DBD, Sexy Love, and Bunny Style Areum sang and rapped) so Dani could take over her rap lines when she joined, but I guess I was wrong.

I guess I don't understand why CCM would put so much emphasis on Dani being a rapper but then give her singing lines - plus if she really had turned out to have amazing vocals, wouldn't CCM have media played them already? And let's be honest, it's easier to hide a lack of singing ability if you're a rapper. The whole Dani-joining-N4 thing seems really poorly thought-out ... hasn't CCM just considered hiring a translator? I get the feeling that Dani was only added to N4 because she's fluent in English.

Although since we're speaking of media stunts can we all please remember the time CCM said they wanted to create a national dance trend like the YMCA, but with Bunny Style? Yeah.

Now that you mention the Instagram thing, that does sort of beg some degree of concern, at least when it comes to live performances (T-ara's lives had always been considered rather weak for obvious reasons, adding Dani,then it's just difficult to bear with). Mind you, Areum didn't get any rap lines in DBD, though after Hwayoung got the boot, it seemed like management decided to put her in that role instead to fill that void.

As far as I can tell, whatever is going on with between CCM and Dani, it's likely that they decided to change their minds or reconsider Dani being a 'rapper'. If they give her both the function of a vocalist (sub or not) and a rapper, then chances are N4's future material, if any, is going to sound pretty darn bad on lives. In fact, Dani joining N4 aside, the sub-unit as a whole probably wasn't well-thought out with from the get-go. Even in the scenario she has great vocals, it'd be weird on CCM's part to suddenly media play about that especially after they've done it so many times with her 'rapping'.

On the other hand, Korean employees who are fluent in English are generally kinda highly expected within Korean companies (and schools, from personal experience there) and older folks see them as a cheap alternative to having a translator - plus no one would want to be hired by that company by this point and it's not like CCM was ever great with wise spending. Dani probably fits in that sort of case, with KKS having the delusional expectations that having a fluent English speaker will get the group somewhere and more chances for profit.

Here's a thought about Areum's leaving.

Most Kpop artiste agencies that focus on the contemporary boy band/girl group business aren't known for being flexible and open-minded, not least with the talents under their employment. Everything from image in the group, how you talk, what you sing, how you carry yourself in public and what you look like, is strictly controlled by the agency. Artistic freewill and integrity are really, moot points in this context.

Plus, we know just how controlling CCM is. So when the official statement claimed that it was Areum's intention to leave T-ara and pursuit her own dreams in hip-hop and that the CCM abided by her decision and decided to support her, my eyebrows raised alittle. Areum is one of the youngest employees there and her lack of experience and exposure means that among them all, she should have the least leverage over what she can decide with her career direction and progression. Also, as many have pointed out, CCM had taken great efforts with resources to integrate her into T-ara with a juicy role at (what many perceived) the expense of the other girls - I really like her, but her vocals are no much for Soyeon and Eunjung and her rapping is best, on par with Eunjung and Hyomin.

The point is, CCM has invested heavily in Areum as part of T-ara. It is very unlikely that they would let all that investment go to naught because the artiste decided that she wants to do something else. God knows the pandemonium that would breakout in the world of K-pop if every idol group member is allowed to do what he or she wants to. Let's face it, Idols are expensive investments and agencies would want to exercise the full prerogatives of their contracts, and a little more, to get as much profit returns as possible.

As such, the more I think about it, the more suspicious the official statement gets. I'm not discounting Areum's own part in it, but I do believe the truth lies somewhere in between. Basically the scenario could be that after reviewing market sales and polling feedback from target demographics, CCM felt that Areum wasn't that good of a strategic investment and decided discontinue her participation in T-ara. It also, in this case, fortuitously coincided with Areum's original dream of becoming a hip-hop artiste.

Now that you mention the Instagram thing, that does sort of beg some degree of concern, at least when it comes to live performances (T-ara's lives had always been considered rather weak for obvious reasons, adding Dani,then it's just difficult to bear with). Mind you, Areum didn't get any rap lines in DBD, though after Hwayoung got the boot, it seemed like management decided to put her in that role instead to fill that void.

As far as I can tell, whatever is going on with between CCM and Dani, it's likely that they decided to change their minds or reconsider Dani being a 'rapper'. If they give her both the function of a vocalist (sub or not) and a rapper, then chances are N4's future material, if any, is going to sound pretty darn bad on lives. In fact, Dani joining N4 aside, the sub-unit as a whole probably wasn't well-thought out with from the get-go. Even in the scenario she has great vocals, it'd be weird on CCM's part to suddenly media play about that especially after they've done it so many times with her 'rapping'.

On the other hand, Korean employees who are fluent in English are generally kinda highly expected within Korean companies (and schools, from personal experience there) and older folks see them as a cheap alternative to having a translator - plus no one would want to be hired by that company by this point and it's not like CCM was ever great with wise spending. Dani probably fits in that sort of case, with KKS having the delusional expectations that having a fluent English speaker will get the group somewhere and more chances for profit.

I just looked up the Instagram photo and it says: 'U never know I might be a rapper or singer?~@@ hehe', so I'm guessing that Dani's way of indicating she's in for a position change.

Sorry, I should have clarified that Areum covered Hwayoung's rap lines in DBD, but she also kept them in the official Japanese DBD as well. (I would like to add that I think Eunjung and Hyomin should have been given those lines - there is no way Areum could have realistically sung her high note for DBD although I'm 99% sure she lip-synched it in most DBD performances, if not all, anyway and then launched into two verses of rapping with no time to pause for breath. I learned Hwayoung's DBD raps for fun and I was literally doubled over wheezing for air at the end.)

I think the only saving grace in Dani 'replacing' Areum is that Areum actually only had a line or two in Countryside Life anyway.

But surely, instead of putting a trainee through months of training - I'm not sure what it would involve, but Dani surely would have had rapping, dancing, acting, and Korean lessons, and hopefully some media training - couldn't CCM could just hire a translator during the time N4 is in America? Trainees are expensive! The only bonus I can see to having Dani in N4 is, apart from the English, is that as a normal American kid, KKS is probably expecting she'll appeal to more normal American kids = more profit.

(Although at this point, for anybody else reading, I would just like to say that I have nothing against Dani personally. She seems like a really sweet, hardworking girl who has taken what probably seemed to her to be the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm only criticising CCM/KKS's bad business decisions, not her as a person.)

The point is, CCM has invested heavily in Areum as part of T-ara. It is very unlikely that they would let all that investment go to naught because the artiste decided that she wants to do something else. God knows the pandemonium that would breakout in the world of K-pop if every idol group member is allowed to do what he or she wants to. Let's face it, Idols are expensive investments and agencies would want to exercise the full prerogatives of their contracts, and a little more, to get as much profit returns as possible.

This. This.

CCM put a lot of emphasis on Areum. Like I said, she was given Hwayoung's raps in DBD, along with the long high note for it, she was given both vocal and rap lines in Sexy Love, Bunny Style (despite the fact she was added as a vocalist if my memory serves me correctly, to help take some of the burden off Soyeon) and also put in N4 with T-ara's previously most popular members, all to increase her exposure to the public. It doesn't make sense for KKS to throw all of that away.

I think the only saving grace in Dani 'replacing' Areum is that Areum actually only had a line or two in Countryside Life anyway.

But surely, instead of putting a trainee through months of training - I'm not sure what it would involve, but Dani surely would have had rapping, dancing, acting, and Korean lessons, and hopefully some media training - couldn't CCM could just hire a translator during the time N4 is in America? Trainees are expensive! The only bonus I can see to having Dani in N4 is, apart from the English, is that as a normal American kid, KKS is probably expecting she'll appeal to more normal American kids = more profit.

(Although at this point, for anybody else reading, I would just like to say that I have nothing against Dani personally. She seems like a really sweet, hardworking girl who has taken what probably seemed to her to be the opportunity of a lifetime. I'm only criticising CCM/KKS's bad business decisions, not her as a person.)

Still, it's not like CTSL (pardon me for making it an abbreviation, my laziness XD) will be the only song N4 will be performing on stage, assuming that they'll be promoting new stuff into the future - which the possibility is still certain.

Regarding the training process - not every trainee has the benefit of having hundreds of thousands of bucks put into their learning process required to be an idol. Judging from how bad CCM manages its own finances and struggles to make any decent income with groups other than T-ara and Davichi, I don't think it's hard to imagine that the amount they put in each trainee isn't really all that big. They sure as heck didn't invest much into Qri and Boram before T-ara's official debut, that's for sure, while Soyeon had the benefit of being a former SM trainee, and it's not like CCM is as well-off as SM and YG.

Translators in Korea also cost quite a bit of money - anyone who teaches and/or translates English for a school, company or anything gets either a bigger bonus pay or overall bigger salary as well as preferred treatment and respect (and are perceived to be educated from Western countries - not really something an old sob like KKS would look as a good thing, if you know what I mean). All in all, KKS isn't planning this out very well and is holding what may be seen as extremely unrealistic expectations with Dani. If what you say is true regarding his possible belief that Dani being K-American can reach out to American kids, then boy oh boy....it's a ridiculously massive gamble, to say it subtly.

EDIT - it's great to have lengthy discussions with members here once again :D

Still, it's not like CTSL (pardon me for making it an abbreviation, my laziness XD) will be the only song N4 will be performing on stage, assuming that they'll be promoting new stuff into the future - which the possibility is still certain.

Regarding the training process - not every trainee has the benefit of having hundreds of thousands of bucks put into their learning process required to be an idol. Judging from how bad CCM manages its own finances and struggles to make any decent income with groups other than T-ara and Davichi, I don't think it's hard to imagine that the amount they put in each trainee isn't really all that big. They sure as heck didn't invest much into Qri and Boram before T-ara's official debut, that's for sure, while Soyeon had the benefit of being a former SM trainee, and it's not like CCM is as well-off as SM and YG.

Translators in Korea also cost quite a bit of money - anyone who teaches and/or translates English for a school, company or anything gets either a bigger bonus pay or overall bigger salary as well as preferred treatment and respect (and are perceived to be educated from Western countries - not really something an old sob like KKS would look as a good thing, if you know what I mean). All in all, KKS isn't planning this out very well and is holding what may be seen as extremely unrealistic expectations with Dani. If what you say is true regarding his possible belief that Dani being K-American can reach out to American kids, then boy oh boy....it's a ridiculously massive gamble, to say it subtly.

EDIT - it's great to have lengthy discussions with members here once again :D

I actually didn't consider that - I wonder if N4 will start producing new English material when they enter the American market. (Although given their history with material in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if they just remade old songs in English - which could actually be really interesting. English Lovey Dovey please!) I guess that would give Dani a way to expand her role, given that she's most likely to be the group's spokesperson if/when N4 goes to America?

But surely CCM would at least give their trainees a degree of training before debut? I know that Boram and Qri came in with relatively little preparation, but wasn't that because Jiae and Jiwon left and T-ara had already released Good Person? I always thought that Boram and Qri had less training because they joined so close to T-ara's debut. But given that Dani appears to be KKS's wonderchild - why else would he street cast her and give her a spot in his number one girl group? Hmm? - I really hope she's getting some proper training.

But I doubt N4 are going to be in America for too long, and there's always a chance that KKS could find a translator in America instead of one from Korea, assuming that a translator in America would be cheaper? This really doesn't make sense. The more you think about KKS's business decisions ... :s Out of all the N4 members, Dani is the one who's going to be able to connect with their target audience the most, assuming none of the other members develop complete English fluency overnight. But overall I'd say Dani's addition to T-ara was KKS's attempt to lower T-ara's 'age' as a group, give them a more youthful image, and to have T-ara reach out into the western market.

(But can I just say that it's a mighty coincidence that out of all the girls KKS saw on the street, he found one who natively spoke English, but also had connects with Chris Brown and the music industry. What a coincidence indeed ...)

But I agree, it's great to be able to debate these topics in depth :3

When I heard about Areum's decision to go solo, it was both a bewilderment and unanticipated from T-ara, even though there was some talk about something going on with Areum before the official announcement. It didn't take long for antis and 6-ara bias who hate/prevent Hwayoung, Areum, and Dani from joining the group, to start rattling on against T-ara, Core Contents Media, and Kim Kwang Soo for no good reasons whatsoever, while at the same time, trying to guess what's going on inside the group's and company's motives for backing her decision to become a soloist, that to this day, I still find rather unrealistic and quite unproven, with no viable connecting data that even remotely reflects the overall status quo of the fandom, T-ara, Core Contents Media, or even their C.E.O., including their business perspective for such a career move, by Areum herself.

Everybody knows that Areum is different from the rest of the members, and quite well-known that each of the members are unique in their own ways. Areum is still quite new, both as an artist and addition to the Core Contents Media. She puts her best efforts into what is needed, while being part of T-ara and the company, and yet, antis and 6-ara bias alike, downplayed her every chance they got, which we all can still see happening right now. The hate for Areum is beyond belief with their attempts to convince others to think similarly with such distasteful and disdained hate for a T-ara member, whom didn't cause any harm to anyone, and who simply tried to start her career as an artist with T-ara, as antis and 6-ara bias likewise, trying to claim that industry standards do not coincide with trends in the market made by the public, in conjunction citing only the promotional T-ara activities and not her overall work. Which I find again ridiculous in nature, after how well she done performing on their recent songs as a group together. It's like they choose to ignore her completely on the albums simply because they hate the new members, which completely contradicts both the antis and 6-ara bias, because Soyeon, Boram, and Qri were additions to T-ara, not original members to the group.

Areum got 4 lines in "Day By Bay", which happens to have Hwayoung still part of T-ara at the time. She had 2 lines in both "Holiday" and "Hue", both songs that Hwayoung is part as well. For "Don't Leave", she has 9 lines, and again, Hwayoung is still there in the group. Areum did a collaboration with Gavy NJ's Gunji, and Shannon, for "Day And Night", and had the most lines for that song. All for their "Day By Day/Mirage" Albums. While in T-ara-N4, she had 4 lines.

Antis and 6-ara hating Hwayoung, Areum, and Dani, have mentioned before that sales for T-ara were down because Core Contents Media/Kim Kwang Soo added members and that such group moves are detrimental to artists' career, which is totally contrary when previous groups has been going through such changes since the late 1990s with member additions and subtractions showing improvements. I can think of one group as an example, "T-ara". These antis and abhorrent 6-ara bias have been at the forefront in preventing the newer members from achieving success in the views of the fandom since the announcements to become members of the group. The sheer audacity and moronic reasoning by these antis and particular 6-ara bias is just so stupefying. And as we all can see, now they are targeting Dani by attacking her American origin, her native language, her age, and talents including her entertainment background, stinting the blame on Core Contents Media and Kim Kwang Soo, since Hwayoung and Areum are currently not part of T-ara. The absurdity.

I'm very proud of Dani, and certainly won't sink to the level of childish guessing in search for idiotic reasons why she happen to become member, because she's pursuing a career she enjoys and has potential for, not just because of her age, although it is a factor that allows her time to learn and grow more a part of the career roles she wants to be in for her life. Meaning, she decided to be a T-ara member out of her own freewill. She could've denied the offer to join, but she did not. She certainly doesn't give up, and tries her very best for T-ara, which we all saw her efforts to bring the group to the U.S. recently, via T-ara-N4, because the group as a whole didn't release anything at the time to promote. Despite the set backs directly from Chris Brown unexpectedly at the pool party, T-ara gained a lot from it, as fans in the U.S. and various other oppositions sided and supported T-ara, not to mention T-ara meeting with other movers and shakers in the U.S. Music Industry, as U.S. fans are very thankful to meet them in person with the allotted time frame for their stay. Having her be part of T-ara-N4 is a good thing, since she's already part of T-ara, and has been introducing herself as a member of the group as a whole. The other members have accepted her, as they have accepted Hwayoung before, and Areum after. Like Areum covering Hwayoung's lines for her previous songs in the group, much how like Boram and Soyeon covered Jiae's and Jiwon's parts for "A Good Person", I believe Dani will do a fine job in the sub-unit, and blossom more in the group together in the future. K-Pop is growing more and more into the world, and antis and hating 6-ara bias need to wake up to the fact that K-Pop is global and part of the world stage, and T-ara is part of the Hallyu Waves.

Going back to Hwayoung's incident, no thanks to antis and spiteful 6-ara bias who hate the newer members of the group, even to this moment, Qri was the only member who was mostly unmolested by such groundless attacks. She stayed supportive of her members, Core Contents Media, and Kim Kwang Soo during the start of this ongoing civil war in the fandom. Her writing of the group's apologetic letter left everyone at ease, except for the antis and hating 6-ara bias, and assured that there's at least one member in T-ara who is not disconnected from the fandom at all, and stayed in a relatively supportive and mutually understanding role. In comparison to other T-ara Leaders, I'm not going to say which is better, let alone worst, or even write off the idea for being unique from other girl groups in the K-Pop Business, Qri certainly does have the patience and maturity, as well as reasoning, that certainly helps keep T-ara together, no matter what. Hopefully, Qri's leadership tenure won't be plagued by any misfortune, and blessed with many fortunes.

I actually didn't consider that - I wonder if N4 will start producing new English material when they enter the American market. (Although given their history with material in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if they just remade old songs in English - which could actually be really interesting. English Lovey Dovey please!) I guess that would give Dani a way to expand her role, given that she's most likely to be the group's spokesperson if/when N4 goes to America?

But surely CCM would at least give their trainees a degree of training before debut? I know that Boram and Qri came in with relatively little preparation, but wasn't that because Jiae and Jiwon left and T-ara had already released Good Person? I always thought that Boram and Qri had less training because they joined so close to T-ara's debut. But given that Dani appears to be KKS's wonderchild - why else would he street cast her and give her a spot in his number one girl group? Hmm? - I really hope she's getting some proper training.

But I doubt N4 are going to be in America for too long, and there's always a chance that KKS could find a translator in America instead of one from Korea, assuming that a translator in America would be cheaper? This really doesn't make sense. The more you think about KKS's business decisions ... :s Out of all the N4 members, Dani is the one who's going to be able to connect with their target audience the most, assuming none of the other members develop complete English fluency overnight. But overall I'd say Dani's addition to T-ara was KKS's attempt to lower T-ara's 'age' as a group, give them a more youthful image, and to have T-ara reach out into the western market.

(But can I just say that it's a mighty coincidence that out of all the girls KKS saw on the street, he found one who natively spoke English, but also had connects with Chris Brown and the music industry. What a coincidence indeed ...)

But I agree, it's great to be able to debate these topics in depth :3

Regarding N4's entrance to the US market (that's assuming CCM is even serious with it), most likely, yea, I think Dani's role would be being the group's spokesperson - after all, she's the only trainee/idol in CCM who can speak English aside from Shannon Williams, who's still in limbo basically lol.

Training-wise, of course, CCM would have put at least some degree of training, though the question is how much money and effort was put in. Judging from how lackluster it was for Boram and Qri (keep in mind, training still goes even after debut), as well as Hwayoung, it just seems that no matter who's added, the training they get is inadequate. While I agree with you that Dani is basically KKS's wonderchild (suspiciously), I don't think she's been getting a significantly bigger amount that the 3 members I mentioned. Even if she did, she'd need to go through at least several years to have any praiseworthy results, and even that's hugely doubtful, considering idol rappers are almost never taken seriously.

That aside though, I'd have to agree with you that Dani's addition seems like an attempt (a badly planned and thought-out one at that) to lower the group's average age - after all, KKS attempted it with Hwayoung and Areum, according to the members when the former was added. But even then, any reach into the US market is just doomed to fail, judging from how horrible CCM's management is in practically every level imaginable. Dani having connections with that S.O.B was totally unexpected though hahaha. It kinda does seem really suspicious how he managed to find someone like that in the street, all the while painting himself as a pedo to the media .__.

Diadem needs more debates and discussions like this XD. This really brings back memories here from 2012 hahaha.

Regarding N4's entrance to the US market (that's assuming CCM is even serious with it), most likely, yea, I think Dani's role would be being the group's spokesperson - after all, she's the only trainee/idol in CCM who can speak English aside from Shannon Williams, who's still in limbo basically lol.

Training-wise, of course, CCM would have put at least some degree of training, though the question is how much money and effort was put in. Judging from how lackluster it was for Boram and Qri (keep in mind, training still goes even after debut), as well as Hwayoung, it just seems that no matter who's added, the training they get is inadequate. While I agree with you that Dani is basically KKS's wonderchild (suspiciously), I don't think she's been getting a significantly bigger amount that the 3 members I mentioned. Even if she did, she'd need to go through at least several years to have any praiseworthy results, and even that's hugely doubtful, considering idol rappers are almost never taken seriously.

That aside though, I'd have to agree with you that Dani's addition seems like an attempt (a badly planned and thought-out one at that) to lower the group's average age - after all, KKS attempted it with Hwayoung and Areum, according to the members when the former was added. But even then, any reach into the US market is just doomed to fail, judging from how horrible CCM's management is in practically every level imaginable. Dani having connections with that S.O.B was totally unexpected though hahaha. It kinda does seem really suspicious how he managed to find someone like that in the street, all the while painting himself as a pedo to the media .__.

Diadem needs more debates and discussions like this XD. This really brings back memories here from 2012 hahaha.

I actually was reading about Shannon Williams the other day. I was surprised she left the 5dolls/F-ve Dolls lineup, given that she'd had that she was a 5dolls member on her twitter profile for a while, and she must have been training for a while. And since I've heard she's a very talented singer, I'm surprised that CCM let her leave 5dolls ... are soloists suddenly doing really well or something? ><

I also was thinking about K-pop training processes and realised ... Dani has probably, by this point, received more training for T-ara than Boram and Qri combined. Does anyone know if the latter had any prior training from other companies?

Hi Guys,

Sorry if my language is not smooth.
About Areum was mentioned out of the group T-ara, I agree with some opinions stating that it was not planned.
There must be something going on. :angry:
But from my point of view, it involves with Areum health.... -_-
If u can see, Areum weight reduce from time to time. She's so thin. Maybe her family may not be able to receive and afraid her health will be affected.
Compared Boram, his family was involved in the arts, so they understand how difficult it is to live as an artist.
CCM may not want to take the risk if there are complaints from certain quarters and will result in T-ara's schedule intact. :ph34r:
If seen, T-Ara does not have enough rest time. Worked like a robot .... arghhh ... so angry. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
so sorry about my english, but i can't keep my finger from typing... :huh: